Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Britney Spears cover of The Jets “You Got It All” is so good! And it’s just a Demo

She recorded this demo in 1997 for her debut album, BOMT, but it wasn’t used, so was not recorded properly and polished etc. This demo was included on the Japanese version of Oops, but not released anywhere else.

We have access to it now because of the internet, and you get to here her singing, no auto tune or added shit.

Love it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2021 3:00 PM

If you're a fan of Britney Spears' music, you are not a fan of music.

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2021 4:09 AM

It's kinda shitty.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2021 4:10 AM

Thank you, OP/Britneytroll! I am obsessed with this. Her voice was perfection for this track.

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2021 4:12 AM

R1 if you don’t love Young Britney, you have no soul. She’s is nothing but sunshine and pure joy. We’ll never get another like her.

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2021 4:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2021 4:18 AM

I love her vocals on this

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2021 4:23 AM

OMG SQUEE MORE BRITNEY THREADS PULEASE PULEASE OMG OMG

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2021 4:24 AM

It's better than this cover of "I've Been Loving You Too Long" for sure. I do like Britney but her voice was not made for soul music. I feel like her voice is nowhere near as big as Otis Redding's so they had to layer it to make it sound like a bunch of Britneys were singing at once towards the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2021 4:24 AM

Prefer the original and the hot Hawaiian Jets brothers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2021 4:26 AM

Britney her highest point with In The Zone and again with Blackout. "Everytime" is one of the best pop songs of the 2000s. In The Zone was when she finally left the Cheiron hit factory and took some creative control. Blackout was when she got the most control and it showed she did have artistry within her. Sadly that didn't last long.

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2021 4:28 AM

I hate what she does with her voice. It's not singing. Her version has zero emotion while the original was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2021 4:29 AM

Did you know that song You've Got It All was written by Rupert Holmes the Pina Colada guy?

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2021 4:30 AM

R8

I'm sorry but that was a fail. Britney sounds awful. I don't get why with all the money and time she has now, why she won't hire a vocal coach and learn to sing properly. She had a lot of potential as a kid and young teenager. She had a big pageant girl voice and it showed at times on her debut album. She never developed a good technique and kept using that chipmunk voice that now sounds even worse and higher pitch than when she started. Given she's severely mentally ill and at the mercy of her handlers, I can't place all the blame on her vocal direction onto her.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2021 4:33 AM

R11 I like it but her voice had more emotion when she sang it live when Jive had her doing Mall tours before her debut came out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2021 4:35 AM

Of course the hater who has to bring up how “severe” her “mental illness” is had to show up. Every fucking thread about her he’s all over it.

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2021 4:36 AM

r15, Don't forget me! I'm the hater who calls her an "untalented whore" in every thread of hers, I'm here too!

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2021 4:37 AM

This is the direction she should have kept. Her tone is very natural sounding here. I actually enjoyed her first album because there was a lot of experimentation with different styles of singing. I don't think Jive knew exactly what direction to take with her yet. Once "Baby...One More Time" proved to be a huge success and eclipsed "Bottom of My Broken Heart" and "Born To Make You Happy". I think they pressured her to kept that babydoll voice and lip-synch to keep herself sounding like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2021 4:39 AM

I'm the one who says "Britney? Le snore."

by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2021 4:39 AM

"Britney's singing voice sounds like if a sex doll could sing"

by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2021 4:40 AM

by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2021 4:41 AM

I think Britney had control over this song and video. It's autobiographical with her leaving home and saying bye to her mother and sister character and high school boyfriend. Her singing style seems to be channeling Mariah Carey. Her technique is far from perfect but it sounded more natural than her later ballads like "Not A Girl (Not Yet A Woman)" and "Everytime".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2021 4:44 AM

I bought the entire line of Britney for Candie's at Kohl's in 2010. I had just got my lifesize Brad blow-up sex doll with working penis. And since I love Britney too, they seemed like a match made in heaven. With some Britney Fantasy perfume. Oh so sweet! I came buckets every time I rode Bratny (that's what I called my lover).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2021 4:45 AM

R22 I didn’t even know that existed. So cute

by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2021 4:50 AM

I find it so frustrating how the music industry ruined her potential. She was a nice girl eager to please and be successful. She did everything Jive and the handlers told her to do. And it ended up taking a huge toll on her.

She did sing live during her first album era and mall tours. She fully wasn't associated with the babydoll voice yet. But once "Oops...I Did It Again" came out, she began lip-syncing due to the demands of keeping that artificial style of singing.

It's just annoying because she had great charisma and charm and an excellent entertainer but was misguided. Yes she was hugely popular, sold millions and was a recognizable face for years but quickly became a laughingstock and nervous wreck. A shell of her former self. She could have lasted longer if the music industry nurtured her natural talents, gave her more creative control and had more realistic expectations for her. Maybe she could have had a long pop life like Madonna, Mariah, Beyonce, Rihanna and Janet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2021 4:53 AM

Her voice is ugly. It was the dancing that people went to see. She's Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2021 4:56 AM

Yes. The dancing is why she sold over 100 million albums. The dancing r25

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2021 4:57 AM

R25 Sadly she can't even dance anymore.

by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2021 4:57 AM

Britney was signed because her vocals sounded nothing like anyone else on the radio at that time. They heard her and said she has a distinctive voice, a voice that when people hear on the radio they know it’s Britney Spears. And a voice that would sell pop records to young people.

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2021 5:00 AM

For all the hate Rihanna gets. I think she has a strong voice that when she puts effort into it. She can sing really well. She's better than Britney, Madonna and Janet. She has way more soul than Beyoncé and Christina Aguilera. She's just lazy as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2021 5:02 AM

R29 Nah son, Rihanna fucking sucks and she can’t dance or perform either.

by Anonymousreply 30January 8, 2021 5:08 AM

[quote]Prefer the original and the hot Hawaiian Jets brothers

They were not Hawaiian.

by Anonymousreply 31January 8, 2021 5:08 AM

She sang live a lot early on. She’s singing along with her playback here and her mic is on. You can hear her clearly and she looks like she’s having a blast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 8, 2021 5:09 AM

Rihanna would have fit right in the early 90s with all the pretty Caribbean light-skinned Hi-NRG and Italo house models who were lip-syncing the songs of Martha Wash.

by Anonymousreply 33January 8, 2021 5:11 AM

But none sold like her r33

How many of those artists sold Rihanna numbers and had tons of huge worldwide hits?

by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2021 5:13 AM

In fact. Esther Dean was Riri's Martha Wash for S&M. She was the backup vocals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2021 5:14 AM

And of course there was this, where her playback started too soon (like Ashlee Simpson years later, only Britney SANG and didn’t run off) so she sang live. She was capable. Just lazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2021 5:15 AM

R4 if you're not a twelve-year old girl, you should increase your testosterone level

by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2021 5:25 AM

I think this goes to show most of the enjoyment of pop music comes from the production: the beat, the melody, danceability, sentiment and catchy lyrics. The actual talent is inconsequential. An attractive face is important because young kids will become infatuated and even when they age will still hold affection for these artists and support them. This has been done since the 1940s.

by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2021 5:26 AM

R37 I’m a total bottom sweetie, I’ll never need it.

by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2021 5:26 AM

Grown men who like Britney Spears always wear shirts three sizes too small

by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2021 5:28 AM

R37 who would have ever guessed, sweetie?

by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2021 5:30 AM

R41 meant for the big ole queeny bottom at R39

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2021 5:31 AM

The Jets had more talent than this dummy ever had.

by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2021 5:31 AM

Why Britney, Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy, etc are successful:

[quote] Developing from a combination of dance and pop with influences of disco,[3] post-disco[4] and synth-pop,[2] it is generally characterised by strong beats with easy, uncomplicated song structures[3] which are generally more similar to pop music than the more free-form dance genre, with an emphasis on melody as well as catchy tunes.[3] The genre, on the whole, tends to be producer-driven, despite some notable exceptions.[3]

Dance-pop isn't about singing talent and neither are corny ballads they do too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2021 5:31 AM

Yikes R36 that was many levels of bad. I feel bad that her backing track was off for 2/3 of the song but dang she was still really bad. That combined with the cheap Casio keyboard sounds and the cornball backup dancers. Just yikes.

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2021 5:31 AM

A total bottom Britney Spears fan at R39 is one reason so many gay men choose to be celibate

by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2021 5:35 AM

So many stupid arguments. Musical taste is subjective. If you like dance-pop and club music then you will likely like Britney Spears's music. Most people like top 40 music because many people aren't really into delving deep into music as a hobby.

And if you grew up when Britney was a huge pop star then you will likely have an emotional attachment to her which a lot of young girls and gay guys of the early 2000s did.

Given she is washed up now. I think the target of hate should be on the newer pop girls who get by on looks and marginal talent masked by good producers.

Also, the Britney loon is annoying just like the Gaga, Janet, Madonna, Froy, Timothee and Arnie loons.

by Anonymousreply 47January 8, 2021 5:46 AM

Don't forget the monstrous Belinda Carlisle Stan.

by Anonymousreply 48January 8, 2021 5:49 AM

[quote]And if you grew up when Britney was a huge pop star then you will likely have an emotional attachment to her which a lot of young girls and gay guys of the early 2000s did.

No. I “grew up” with her and always hated her.

So sick of gay men worshiping straight women who wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire.

by Anonymousreply 49January 8, 2021 5:49 AM

by Anonymousreply 50January 8, 2021 5:53 AM

R49 yet you’re always on threads about her. Always.

by Anonymousreply 51January 8, 2021 12:02 PM

Bump for Britney :)

by Anonymousreply 52January 8, 2021 9:34 PM

Love this

by Anonymousreply 53January 9, 2021 4:21 AM

Britney aged out of the radio now. As had Christina, Beyoncé and Timberlake. Older female artists like Cher, Shania and Madonna could still get hits in the 90s because there was less ageism. Britney could do a duet with a younger artist or be a feature. Beyoncé did a duet with Ed Sheehan and Christina had GoldLink as a feature in her song. Britney did a collab with Tinashe but Tinashe really didn't break through.

by Anonymousreply 54January 9, 2021 2:21 PM

J. Lo and Gwen were exceptions too to ageism but once they hit their 40s the radio dumped them.

by Anonymousreply 55January 9, 2021 2:23 PM

I’d forgotten this song and remembered that I really liked The Jets “Crush on You.” I listened to it again and I realized that the vocals are really weak. Somehow that didn’t bother me years ago.

by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2021 12:47 AM

This is so good

by Anonymousreply 57January 13, 2021 3:13 PM

That was painful to listen to. Her voice is so forced.

The Jets' song was good because the vocals were so smooth and without ridiculous flourishes.

This version is an abomination.

by Anonymousreply 58January 13, 2021 3:27 PM

I found this. She sounds pretty decent here. Obviously trying to sound like Mariah Carey. Way better than the studio version.

But it's still heavily flawed. She is very out of key and strained. JIVE fucked up! They should have gotten her a vocal coach, trained her to sing in key and let her sing in a deeper tone. I don't think they even expected her to be as successful as she would become. They probably didn't think of the future. And once she got big, they wanted to keep her distinctive unnatural voice and she lacked the willpower to stand up for herself and say no to it.

So Britney could never really sing all that well and can't sing at all now and everything after Circus has felt like a contractual obligation for her. She has no passion for music anymore which is why she doesn't even try to improve her singing.

She does still seem to enjoy doing cheerleader and aerobics type of dancing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 5, 2021 8:45 PM

I’m this is so good!!! Sis killed it.

by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2021 1:52 AM

Once she got the fake boobs it was all over

by Anonymousreply 61March 28, 2021 2:06 AM

Lol r61 once she started trying to sound like a kitten it was over

by Anonymousreply 62March 28, 2021 2:57 PM

[quote] hot Hawaiian Jets brothers

where?

by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2021 3:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!