Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kirsten Dunst’s career never really took off. Why?

She was everywhere during the 90s and first 00s, The suicide virgins, Marie Antoinette or Spider-Man are star-making performances. She was a really good child actor who took roles from superstars like Scarlett Johansson.

I’ve always felt that she were never really valued by Hollywood. She has proven herself as a tremendous actress in roles like Melancholia or that Fargo season.

What happened with her career? If you looked at her in 2004 you could easily picture her having an Oscar by now. Is she difficult to work with? I’ve heard she had mental issues for a while and needed to take a break from Hollywood in one point of her life. But other less-talented stars like Downey Jr. have had major breaks out and they were able to make a huge comeback.

Are those rumors about Reese destroying her career because she was her major competitor true? What do you think about her acting? Does she deserve the place where she is now in Hollywood stardom?

by Anonymousreply 161January 14, 2022 4:27 PM

Kirsten Dunst expertly calls out "ignorant" comments about her career

"It was probably done very carelessly by a man"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2021 10:10 AM

She's not terribly attractive and nowhere near as good an actress as she thinks she is.

by Anonymousreply 2January 2, 2021 10:12 AM

The little harlot still gets one of my white cakes every year. She made it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 2, 2021 10:13 AM

She was always drunkst.

by Anonymousreply 4January 2, 2021 10:13 AM

The name 'Dunst' sounds like dust, dunce and dump.

Change it to 'Kirsten de Carlo' or Kirsten Zeta-Jones.

by Anonymousreply 5January 2, 2021 10:16 AM

I consider her a truly wonderful movie star. She’s got a long career ahead of her if she wants it.

by Anonymousreply 6January 2, 2021 10:20 AM

Regarding the article at R1, I don’t know her box office numbers but aren’t the Spider-man films amongst her most seen roles? While it’s annoying to be associated with films you maybe just did for a pay cheque plenty of actors are known for their more popular film roles than the ones they win acclaim for. I doubt most people know her from Melancholia.

I like Dunst and I generally watch the projects she takes, but is an Oscar really necessary these days? I’d rather win the film festival awards. Does it hurt her financially not to win an Oscar? It’s not like an Oscar gives everybody the best work overnight and she’s already a name in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 7January 2, 2021 10:20 AM

I’m curious how Reese was able to destroy her career, if true. Did she use her husbands agency connections to rabbit age her? When would this have happened. While similar types, I don’t really picture them in the same roles because of the age difference.

by Anonymousreply 8January 2, 2021 10:23 AM

She won best actress at Cannes. Is regarded as an exquisite actress and has like a cult following. This after her child acting and commercial career. I think she has the career she’s interested in.

by Anonymousreply 9January 2, 2021 10:26 AM

Really? I think her career is one that most actors/actresses would be jealous of. She was nominated for a Golden Globe at 12 years old, and by the time she was 18, she'd already gotten a number of cult classics under her belt ("Drop Dead Gorgeous", "The Virgin Suicides", "Dick", "Bring It On") which have guaranteed her a lasting fanbase. She managed to pepper in oddball choices in even early on—her portrayal of Marion Davies in Peter Bogdanovich's "The Cat's Meow" sort of came out of left field as she was still doing teen flicks, but she was very good in it.

The "Spider Man" films obviously got her big mainstream attention, and while it did seem like she was going to get trapped in teen comedy hell for a moment in the early 2000s, she managed to push back against it with more hard-edged material like "All Good Things" and "Melancholia", both of which she was phenomenal in (she should have won an Oscar for "Melancholia", but the material was too avant-garde, plus Lars von Trier sabotaged their press junket). She was also very good in Jeff Nichols' bizarre sci-fi flick "Midnight Special" with Michael Shannon and Joel Edgerton.

In the last few years, she's had significant success doing character-driven television material ("Fargo", "On Becoming a God in Central Florida") that was nothing but praised. I am still bitter that she lost her Golden Globe for "Fargo" to the abysmal Lady Gaga, who turned in one of the worst performances I've ever seen on a television series in "American Horror Story: Hotel". Gaga bought that award—she did not earn it. When you compare the performances side-by-side, it is truly laughable that Gaga won. She deserves to be chased out of town with pitchforks for it.

Kirsten is fine. I have no doubt that she will go down as one of the greats of her generation.

by Anonymousreply 10January 2, 2021 10:29 AM

R8 Kirsten was supposedly the first choice for Walk the line, but Reese somehow convinced producers through her connections and mean gossips about Kirsten not been in the right moment to behave professionally (drinking issues).

by Anonymousreply 11January 2, 2021 10:31 AM

I disagree with you totally, OP. If your gauge of 'taking off' is awards, then OK, but she works consistently on really interesting projects and her performances never fail.

She was under my radar until Melancholia, and that made her one of my favorite actors. She has a remarkable range, excelling in weird tragicomic roles like Becoming a God in Central Florida and Fargo, deeply tragic roles like Melancholia and trite roles like in Spider-Man and Marie Antoinette. Roles from her youth--Jumanji, Interview with the Vampire, Bring It On--are similarly diverse and are memorable.

I don't always love her projects, but I always love her roles in them. In my mind, she's in a league of special lead character actress-stars with Claire Danes and a few others who are generally overlooked by both awards committees and tabloids, and whom I consider to be as good as the best movie stars and generally more interesting than them.

by Anonymousreply 12January 2, 2021 10:33 AM

I just know she has beautiful breasts ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 2, 2021 10:41 AM

she was fucked so much she lost her zest and zeal and looks.....sad

by Anonymousreply 14January 2, 2021 10:58 AM

R14 she had a drinking problem that was an open secret, and she was also a chain-smoker for years. I hope she quit now that she's had a child.

by Anonymousreply 15January 2, 2021 11:03 AM

I consider Kirsten to be one of the finest actresses in the business - and that is saying a lot considering that she was a successful child actor (and VERY FEW can ever make that next step). I love her skill, personality and overall presence. There is humbleness and playfulness that she brings to her work that I find...frankly impressive for Hollywood. I make a point to watch anything that she is in - and I love her creative choices (and general avoidance of big budget junk). I have met her out and about (Toluca Lake of all places) and she is charming, lovely and personable. And TINY in person. I really can't say enough good about her.

by Anonymousreply 16January 2, 2021 11:08 AM

What movie is her boobs from?

by Anonymousreply 17January 2, 2021 11:13 AM

The Nigella Lawson Story

by Anonymousreply 18January 2, 2021 11:19 AM

[quote] There is humbleness and playfulness that she brings to her work that I find...frankly impressive for Hollywood.

I agree with this, and not only in her acting. She can play humble and arrogant equally well, but she does seem both humble and confident in interviews. And yes, also playful. I have learned that celeb rumors usually are based in some truth and so perhaps she is an alcoholic, but she always comes across as totally down to Earth and likable in interviews. She seems well balanced and especially so for a former child star. She's like an anti-Gwyneth Paltrow in a way.

by Anonymousreply 19January 2, 2021 11:20 AM

I've always loved her. She's a great actress and picks interesting projects.

Plus she gets to fuck Jesse Plemons. This is him from Fargo. I want to suck his tits real bad. I love this guy's body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 2, 2021 11:38 AM

She looks like she tired from too many dicks bein inside her old cooter.

glad she finally found a dude to marry the kooter...

by Anonymousreply 21January 2, 2021 3:27 PM

Very well said, R16. I like her a lot too.

by Anonymousreply 22January 2, 2021 4:21 PM

She deserved Reese’s career. She is a much better actress and I don’t care what anybody says.

by Anonymousreply 23January 2, 2021 4:23 PM

Dunst should've tried coming across as Latina like Lana del Rey or that Hilaria chick

by Anonymousreply 24January 2, 2021 4:34 PM

Let’s be “DL” clear here — did her career go down the shitter?

by Anonymousreply 25January 2, 2021 4:34 PM

We heard you the first time, too-many-dicks at r21

by Anonymousreply 26January 2, 2021 4:34 PM

The awful moon face doesn't make her a traditional leading leading. Better for character roles.

by Anonymousreply 27January 2, 2021 6:39 PM

Lady*^

by Anonymousreply 28January 2, 2021 6:39 PM

Reese is Tracy Flick in real life

by Anonymousreply 29January 2, 2021 7:12 PM

I get a great big Lesbian vibe from her. I think 'alcoholic' is a euphemism. They said Joan Crawford was an 'alcoholic'. I say all this as someone who likes lesbians and wishes them well in their careers, both on-screen and off.

by Anonymousreply 30January 2, 2021 7:20 PM

Jesse is a bloated beer drunk with gay/bi vibes, but he’s got that Texas good ol’ boy affectation down and will never come out. Match made in Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 31January 2, 2021 7:26 PM

R30 closet Dykes tend to drink until they deaden their clits and to make it through straight male poundings until they can pop out 2-3 kids and turn into repressed asexual housewives that try to stamp out all sexuality in the world and make everything a homogeneous Disneyfied hell, were everyone is subject to their control & mental abuse. Sort of The Joker meets Annie Wilkes meets Dee Blanchard meets adult Pollyanna.

by Anonymousreply 32January 2, 2021 7:33 PM

R32 You have described a hellish world that I fear is all too real. Thank you for your contribution. Ah Kirsten! Ah Humanity!

by Anonymousreply 33January 2, 2021 7:57 PM

I love all the Melancholia love. I truly think it was the single best performance of the last 20 years. Certainly made me change from totally indifferent to her to being a fan.

by Anonymousreply 34January 2, 2021 8:51 PM

R10, I agree that Gaga should not have won over anybody, let alone Dunst. But Gaga didn't buy it. It's the silly Globes where Biggest Star almost always wins.

by Anonymousreply 35January 2, 2021 8:56 PM

I don't think she gives a rats ass.

by Anonymousreply 36January 2, 2021 8:58 PM

R13 They're not real.

by Anonymousreply 37January 2, 2021 9:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 3, 2021 12:44 AM

I think she’s one of the best actors working today. Should have been Oscar nominated for ‘Melancholia’ and should have won the Emmy for ‘ Fargo.’ Shes also killer in her new Showtime show ‘On Becoming a God in Central Florida.’

by Anonymousreply 39January 3, 2021 12:50 AM

OMG hi Kirsten/r10!

by Anonymousreply 40January 3, 2021 2:27 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure what you all are seeing in her. She's not untalented, and I remember being very impressed with her performance in Interview With the Vampire way back when, but since then she has not lived up to that early promise.

by Anonymousreply 41January 3, 2021 3:44 AM

I think she’s had a fair career. I’ve always loved her and thought she was great in Melancholia.

by Anonymousreply 42January 3, 2021 3:48 AM

Plemons was so good as creepy 'Todd' in Breaking Bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 3, 2021 4:19 AM

Because when you come of age as an "actor" during a decade when more than one so-called performer's claim to cinematic fame was solely having an unusual name, eventually you need to demonstrate some acting talent and success unlike Dunst.

by Anonymousreply 44January 3, 2021 4:25 AM

She had mental health issues and was in an institution type place for a while. Slowed her career momentum.

by Anonymousreply 45January 3, 2021 4:26 AM

I remember reading she suffers from depression, in that case the alcoholism is probably just a symptom. She was a child actress, so you can imagine the rest

by Anonymousreply 46January 3, 2021 4:47 AM

I've always liked her. Plemons isn't in my spank bank but if he makes her happy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 3, 2021 4:51 AM

Kirsten Dunst has learned to take it all in stride when it comes to her career.

During a recent interview with Sirius XM’s In-Depth With Larry Flick, Dunst, 37, revealed “I’ve never been recognized in my industry.”

“Well, remember when Marie Antoinette — y’all panned it? And now you all love it,” Dunst said of the 2006 film. “Remember Drop Dead Gorgeous? Panned. Now you all love it.”

“It’s like interesting for me. I feel a lot of things I do people like later,” she revealed to Flick.

The star, who welcomed son Ennis Howard with fiancé Jesse Plemons in May 2018, also admits she would love to be recognized again during award season.

“I’ve never been nominated for anything. Maybe like, twice for a Golden Globe when I was little and one for Fargo. I always feel like nobody— I don’t know, maybe they just think I’m the girl from Bring It On,” she told Flick.

In 1996, Dunst was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Claudia in Interview with a Vampire. The actress has also starred in memorable films like Hidden Figures, Virgin Suicides, Spider-Man and The Beguiled.

“I am so chill. Maybe I don’t play the game enough? But then I do, I mean, I do everything I’m supposed to. It’s not like I’m rude or like, not doing publicity or anything,” she continued.

Dunst later shared, “I know that all you have is your work at the end of the day. And that’s all people really care about.”

“I’m intelligent enough to know that and have perspective,” Dunst told Flick.

However, she admitted, “It’d be nice to be recognized by your peers.”

Nonetheless, Dunst hasn’t let this feeling stop her from taking on dynamic roles and new projects.

The star’s latest work — On Becoming a God in Central Florida — premiered on Showtime earlier this month.

Dunst spoke to PEOPLE about the preparation she did before filming her role as Krystal Gill, explaining, “I watched some Honey Boo Boo and Toddlers & Tiaras for this role.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 3, 2021 4:54 AM

Aww remember this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 3, 2021 4:58 AM

I loved her in On Becoming a God in Central Florida. She’s very funny I can’t wait for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 50January 3, 2021 4:59 AM

It’s her teeth.

by Anonymousreply 51January 3, 2021 4:59 AM

R50 um...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 3, 2021 5:01 AM

That really sucks r52

by Anonymousreply 53January 3, 2021 5:03 AM

I like her as an actress. She not a constantly in your face superstar but constanly works. And the personal issues alluded in here only makes her edgier. She'll win an Oscar in her 40s

by Anonymousreply 54January 3, 2021 5:10 AM

Fuck the Oscars. You can win an Oscar like Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Lawrence and still be a crap actress, or not win one like Gena Rowlands and Liv Ullmann and go down as one of the greats.

Dunst is talented and works on interesting projects. I’d rather have her career than win a bunch of meaningless prizes doing middlebrow trash.

by Anonymousreply 55January 3, 2021 5:42 AM

The last name is terrible for one thing.

by Anonymousreply 56January 3, 2021 5:48 AM

She’s been working for 30 years now and has appeared in a number of hits and cult classics. I’d say that qualifies as a successful career in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 57January 3, 2021 6:05 AM

R48 she is self-flagellating in that. She's obviously very hard on herself. I am not an industry insider so I have no idea how people perceive her in that realm, but I think she is highly-regarded by film fans, both at home and abroad. Europeans seem to love her.

by Anonymousreply 58January 3, 2021 6:23 AM

R52 - I hated that too. Showtime had picked up a second season rather quickly if memory serves - and then I heard that it was basically canceled for good (out of the blue) just a short time later. Had there not been COVID, the second season would likely have started filming soon after the initial announcement that they had picked the show up. They don't procrastinate too much these days. Whatever the case, I love Kirtsten and can't wait to see what she does next. She is a rare talent in Hollywood and I believe that her unique role choices have kept her both interesting and in demand as an actress (even if her fame flies a bit more under the radar). She's playing the long game - so far so good. I like Jennifer Lawrence also (not nearly as much I enjoy Kirsten); the 2 actresses could not have had a more different career trajectory. Dunst knows what she is doing and will likely have far greater longevity than Lawrence despite never being an "It" actress and never burning as brightly. Of course, neither of them will ever need a job if they decided to retire tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 59January 3, 2021 10:48 AM

I don't share the Jesse Plemons attraction but, he's not my husband. It's a bit Julia Roberts/Lyle Lovett, just a bit, and we all know how that ended.

by Anonymousreply 60January 3, 2021 11:15 AM

Melancholia was originally written for Penelope Cruz, but she chose to play Angelica in that awful Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Honestly I don’t think Penelope would have given us that high level performance if she would have been finally casted. I can’t picture her portraying this kind of character.

by Anonymousreply 61January 3, 2021 11:17 AM

Interesting info, R61. I have no reason to dislike Penelope Cruz, but she has never wowed me in anything either. From an acting perspective, she does absolutely nothing for me; I had forgotten all about her actually.

by Anonymousreply 62January 3, 2021 11:21 AM

The quotes at R48 sound a lot more like sour grapes once you hear the audio.

I wonder if it's like a PR angle, like something she discusses with her PR and they say, "Well, we think you're strong enough that you can ask for recognition." And then they book her on somewhere like this Sirius Larry Flick show (which I've never heard of) and he sets the whole thing up for her to air out?

I mean she did just get multiple nominations for her amazing work in Fargo, she has won the Best Actress prize at Cannes (and other nominations and undoubtedly wins for Melancholia). She will always be a figure more for her work with Sofia Coppola, for whom she was at one time considered a muse, but also because of Spiderman and I should think Bring It On which is pretty big with a certain generation of women (and every generation that came after).

But yeah. I'm not sure why she's striking this pose. It doesn't help her with the Golden Globes for her to be saying, "I've never been given anything. Well, a couple of Golden Globe nominations when I was young." She was actually just nominated for a Golden Globe last year.

by Anonymousreply 63January 3, 2021 11:34 AM

There's a thread deriding Julia Roberts for not being an A-movie star anymore. The combination of the business of Hollywood (streaming, cable) and Covid will change everything we think a movie star is supposed to be. It's just begun.

by Anonymousreply 64January 3, 2021 12:44 PM

I had great hopes for Kirsten Dunst in that great run she had until The Cat's Meow.

Then she turned into an asshole with Spiderman, and unbearable after Maggie Gyllenhaal turned her into a hipster after that Julia Roberts movie.

When I see her now she is such a nonentity. She wasn't actively bad in Hidden Figures but she was actively bad in her post-Virgin Suicides Sofia Coppola movies. And she's a total moron on talk shows. She claimed she could speak German was didn't even pronounce the word "Ich" correctly.

by Anonymousreply 65January 3, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote][R8] Kirsten was supposedly the first choice for Walk the line, but Reese somehow convinced producers through her connections and mean gossips about Kirsten not been in the right moment to behave professionally (drinking issues).

This seems like a rumour spread by an angry Kirsten.

by Anonymousreply 66January 3, 2021 6:26 PM

She's been known as Kirsten Drunk for 30 years in Hollywood. I do like her quite a bit. I agree with the others here that she is underrated and a much better actress than she's given credit. She may never receive an Oscar but she will always work.

by Anonymousreply 67January 3, 2021 7:00 PM

R65 If it’s the Conan interview she claimed she spoke a little German and it soon became oblivious she knows mostly the curse words and this was funny. Michael Fassbender is someone hyped as speaking German but having listened to him in interviews he doesn’t seem very fluent at all. Sandra is very good though, i wonder if she memorises it or is actually as fluent as she appears.

by Anonymousreply 68January 3, 2021 7:23 PM

When she was a braless hipster, someone on Fametracker discovered her name is an anagram of Dr Sunken Tits.

by Anonymousreply 69January 3, 2021 7:26 PM

I think she had a great career and I liked her best in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. When she realizes that she had her memories erased, that scene is heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 70January 4, 2021 2:00 PM

I also think that’s my favorite Kirsten’s performance R70

by Anonymousreply 71January 4, 2021 2:13 PM

She was exceptionally great in 'Fargo' S2.

by Anonymousreply 72January 4, 2021 2:14 PM

I already made a Kirsten Dunst thread, but nobody replied to mine.

And yes, she is German. I once read in German magazine Bravo that she is into Katjes and Bircher Müsli. Her dad is German and is from Hamburg. She visited it some time ago. I will link a video, in which she speaks about her experiences in her country. If I remember correctly, she pronounces Neuschwanstein as Neuschweinstein.

I do like a lot of her movies. I think I even liked Elizabethtown, which everybody seems to hate. And Peggy Blumquvist is one of my favourite TV characters!

She also has German citizenship, I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 4, 2021 3:16 PM

She waited too long to fix her freaky teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 4, 2021 3:43 PM

[quote]I’m curious how Reese was able to destroy her career, if true. Did she use her husbands agency connections to rabbit age her? When would this have happened. While similar types, I don’t really picture them in the same roles because of the age difference.

Reese and Kirsten weren't movie contemporaries; Reese is Gen X (DiCaprio, Winslet, Affleck, Damon), while Dunst is a Millennial. Her "rival" was Julia Stiles.

by Anonymousreply 75January 4, 2021 8:39 PM

R75 I agree. It’s more likely Reese sabotaged Alicia Silverstone than Dunst. But honestly I think Silverstone sabotaged her own career with bad film choices and her hippy earth mother personality. She so wanted to be the female River a Phoenix minus the drugs. She just came across dull and not fun like Cher in Clueless.

by Anonymousreply 76January 4, 2021 9:18 PM

R76 - her weight gain didn't help matters either. She became the "IT" girl of the moment on MTV in that Aerosmith video, then broke out in a very big way transitioning to the big screen with Clueless. Her acting skills were average at best (but certainly sufficient for that particular movie and genre). It was all about her "look" and her beauty really. She was harder to market after all of the well-reported wardrobe issues with that Batman movie and as she gained weight - her sexiness no longer translated the same on screen. The old adage about the camera adding 10 lbs. is actually quite true. I will never fail to be fascinated when I see a reality TV star (or on a more rare occasion - movie star) in person. They look so different - but almost always much "tinier" and...well, thinner in person. Some women in particular can be very beautiful in person while actually looking a tad chunky on a big screen. Some look very odd in person yet very fetching on film or in photos. Also, everyone gains weight in different ways - sometimes in face (never good for anyone on camera), sometimes hips/butt, sometimes - you get the point. The female stars who look the best often has very tiny frames, slender little limbs, long necks, cheekbones, big eyes, etc. When Silverstone gained weight, her look quick lost its edge. I'm sure she was still quite beautiful, but it no longer translated the same way on screen. Without acting talent to bolster her appeal - her fame dwindled quickly. She was only good for certain roles to begin with. Just my take on Alicia. I liked her fine, but she was no talented actress (like Kirsten and to a lesser degree IMO - Reese).

by Anonymousreply 77January 5, 2021 7:07 AM

She is ugly and can't act. I was disgusted that Peter Parker was supposed to be shooting in his pants over this ugly fucking turd. She's almost as disgusting as Maggot Gyllenhaal.

by Anonymousreply 78January 5, 2021 7:28 AM

Most aspiring actresses in LA would kill for her career.

by Anonymousreply 79January 5, 2021 8:20 AM

It would seem a lot of people disagree with you about her acting, bitch @ R78.

[quote]She's been known as Kirsten Drunk for 30 years in Hollywood

She was known as a drunk when she was 7?

I’m not a big fan of hers (she seems all right, whatever), but the minority of cunty comments in this thread are ridiculous. This one takes the cake:

[quote]eventually you need to demonstrate some acting talent and success unlike Dunst

The one bit of ‘gossip’ I have about her is she had my friend thrown out of a party once at a restaurant (or bar, I can’t remember) because she thought he was staring at her. In reality, he looked at her once, and she was looking at him, then he looked back and she was still looking at him. Then she complained to staff and they escorted him out. Ha! I think this was before her treatment for depression/addiction. So she’s known as a crazy, paranoid bitch in my circle of friends.

by Anonymousreply 80January 5, 2021 8:24 AM

R79 I’m not saying she hasn’t been successful, I just have the feeling that she could/was going to be even greater in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 81January 5, 2021 8:29 AM

So Jabba is trying to push Kirsten Dunst now. When will we she catch covid and be finished.

by Anonymousreply 82January 5, 2021 10:10 AM

R82 what? You really are nuts. Your obsession has no limits, how unhappy you are. I am not what he told you guys, sad. One day you will realize that he just uses people. He is garbage and karma does exist.

by Anonymousreply 83January 5, 2021 11:53 AM

We had a great gossip thread ( which gave us the Seth MacFarlane/Patrick Stewart affair gossip) by a coke dealer gf who claimed to be a celebrity cousin and most people thought the famous cousin was Kirsten Dunst.

by Anonymousreply 84January 5, 2021 2:28 PM

Lars Von Trier: "I Understand Hitler"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 5, 2021 5:43 PM

I love her, she is a fantastic actress, gorgeous and now seems so healthy.

by Anonymousreply 86January 5, 2021 10:44 PM

Bump. I'm watching "Melancholia" now, second time. I think she's wonderful, love her in everything she's in. Something about her.

by Anonymousreply 87April 16, 2021 2:39 AM

Dirt's in Cunts

by Anonymousreply 88April 16, 2021 2:43 AM

I love that she is with Jesse Plemons.

I am so bummed her Showtime series 'Becoming A God In Central Florida' was canceled.

by Anonymousreply 89April 16, 2021 2:46 AM

Hello, OP. Did you forget about the now classic Bring It On? Brrr, it's cold in air. The Toros must be in the atmosphere. Don't forget the spirit fingers.

by Anonymousreply 90April 16, 2021 2:48 AM

Sorry, meant to say, it's cold in here

by Anonymousreply 91April 16, 2021 2:49 AM

I loved her as Lux in The Virgin Suicides

by Anonymousreply 92April 16, 2021 2:53 AM

She is very hard edged and has little vulnerability. That makes it hard to cast her in lead roles.

by Anonymousreply 93April 16, 2021 2:59 AM

I don't get it I think she has a great career. She's definitely been in a few modern classics and I'm sure at some point they'll finally nominate her for an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 94April 16, 2021 3:02 AM

R93 I see her as ALL vulnerability. But mysterious.

by Anonymousreply 95April 16, 2021 3:04 AM

I don't think she's ever given a bad performance. I would have loved to have seen her in Big Little Lies. Reese was basically Tracy Flick at that beach.

by Anonymousreply 96April 16, 2021 3:05 AM

I love her.

by Anonymousreply 97April 16, 2021 3:12 AM

"Reese was basically Tracy Flick at that beach."

Reese is Tracy Flick honey.

by Anonymousreply 98April 16, 2021 3:53 AM

Besides Julia Stiles, Thora Birch is another actor in Kirsten's age range that sort of stalled after a promising young start.

by Anonymousreply 99April 16, 2021 6:10 AM

R99 Thora had a shitty stage dad. Kirsten was actually supposed to be the Fat 4th friend in Now and Then but didnt wanna gain weight

by Anonymousreply 100April 16, 2021 6:29 AM

I just started watching [italic]On Becoming a God in Central Florida[/italic] and it's great. Love the homage to [italic]Drop Dead Gorgeous[/italic] in the second episode.

by Anonymousreply 101August 5, 2021 3:29 AM

[quote] The name 'Dunst' sounds like dust

Tell that to Dustin Hoffman.

by Anonymousreply 102August 5, 2021 3:37 AM

I am bummed her Showtime series got canceled, I was into it

by Anonymousreply 103August 5, 2021 3:38 AM

R101 I watched the whole season and it had promise but seemed to fizzle out a bit toward the end of the season. I was hoping we’d get to see another season though, at least.

by Anonymousreply 104August 6, 2021 4:14 PM

[quote] Plemons was so good as creepy 'Todd' in Breaking Bad.

Meth Damon.

I miss watching good shows & chatting about them while they’re airing. I guess the end of weekly television was the end of online tv chats.

by Anonymousreply 105August 6, 2021 6:54 PM

She always seems a little sleepy and she's not pretty. Three Spider-Man movies and she was a wet blanket downer in all of them.

by Anonymousreply 106October 5, 2021 7:58 AM

Kirsten is in her 30’s which I think can be a strange time for certain actresses because they’re not young enough for the young roles and not old enough for the older roles.

For example, Reese was so good in “Big Little Lies” and it was a role she could have never done 10 years ago.

Kirsten hasn’t gotten her life in the 40’s roles yet which I think have been working out well for a lot of actresses today.

She’s made some great movies with Coppola.

“Melancholia” was so beautiful and sad.

by Anonymousreply 107October 5, 2021 8:15 AM

I like her teeth. It gives her a real quality instead of some fake veneers. I think she takes herself too seriously. She comes off kind of snobbish

by Anonymousreply 108October 5, 2021 8:36 AM

I thought the bump was going to be some news or analysis of Power of the Dog and her performance?

by Anonymousreply 109October 5, 2021 9:01 AM

she gots no talent and is fat

by Anonymousreply 110October 5, 2021 9:06 AM

Apparently she is great in it an has the Oscar nom as supporting locked R109.

by Anonymousreply 111October 5, 2021 9:07 AM

[quote]She won best actress at Cannes. Is regarded as an exquisite actress and has like a cult following. This after her child acting and commercial career. I think she has the career she’s interested in.

Exactly, as R9 said.

Would OP respect her more if she worked around the clock, anxious for every opportunity and every pay check like a Nicole Kidman? Dunst does interesting projects, and sometimes when the project itself falls short her performance is the interesting thing (even in something like Elizabethtown where her role is terrible but somehow she pulls it off and makes something better of it.)

Would she gain more respect by doing more Spider-Man and comic-based roles? It's where the money is, I suppose, but who wants to be push and shove to be Scarlett Johansen when you could relax, lead a more than comfortable life, and have a choice of interesting roles when you wanted?

by Anonymousreply 112October 5, 2021 11:05 AM

She is boring as kitty litter.....get her off the screen now.

by Anonymousreply 113October 5, 2021 12:05 PM

Mark Strongs speaks better and more fluent german than Kirsten, Sandra and Michael combined. R68

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 5, 2021 12:11 PM

She's toward the top of my list of actors I think will win an Oscar someday (along with Scarlett Johannson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Zendaya, and...don't kill me...Cameron Diaz).

by Anonymousreply 115October 5, 2021 12:35 PM

She’s great. Loved her in Being A God In Central Florida. I felt totally cheated out of a 2nd season, I wouldn’t count her out. I think she has range and will be in the game for the long haul. She has chosen some interesting roles. I hope she is happy.

by Anonymousreply 116October 5, 2021 12:44 PM

When i see her face i cant flip the channel quick enuf.....bad vibes

by Anonymousreply 117October 5, 2021 12:58 PM

Witherspoon married a CAA agent. That’s all you need to know about that careerist bitch.

by Anonymousreply 118October 5, 2021 1:02 PM

No, r109, it's just the bump troll at r106 bumping old threads from January. The front page is full of them.

by Anonymousreply 119October 5, 2021 1:03 PM

She doesn’t emote happiness or joy in a believable way. It always reads as forced and pretend.

by Anonymousreply 120October 5, 2021 4:55 PM

It wasn't Walk the Line that Witherspoon allegedly stole from Kiki, it was Inherent Vice. PTA really wanted Dunst to play Penny (they are old friends) but Reese used her CAA connections to nab that one.

Kiki has the career she wants, even if she'd like a little more peer-based recognition. She slowed down a bit to have her family and is now revving it up again, picking and choosing what she wants. She has always had that real 'edge' to her a bit, a snobbish kind of indie vibe, despite all of her prior blockbuster studio work. Many of her friends are arty or non-famous indie types who live in the Valley or LA-adjacent (see: Rodarte sisters and their crowd).

She seems happy with Plemons, but I wonder why no marriage yet. They are engaged, she wears a diamond he gave her years ago. Two kids and no final ring, you wonder why announce the engagement if you weren't planning on doing the full monty at the time.

by Anonymousreply 121October 5, 2021 5:19 PM

She just did a house tour on AD. I love it and I’m glad she featured her designer and didn’t pretend she did it herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 5, 2021 5:21 PM

thought she retired yrs ago......she reeks boring

by Anonymousreply 123October 10, 2021 4:21 AM

(didn't read the whole thread so excuse me if this was already said.)

She was put in a mental institution for a while so I'd guess her personal issues either slowed down her desire to work or people got scared to hire her like they did with Winona Ryder.

Plus she was a child star. They rarely make it as adults.

by Anonymousreply 124October 10, 2021 4:25 AM

It's all how you look at it. Yes, compared to "Big stars" her career didn't take off. But, her career is probably better than 97% of people who ever acted. From that perspective, it took off plenty.

by Anonymousreply 125October 10, 2021 4:26 AM

Witherspoon is attractive. Dunst isn't.

by Anonymousreply 126October 10, 2021 4:28 AM

She's hard to cast because she's not Hollywood beautiful. She's only pretty in the way small-town homecoming queens in the Midwest are pretty. The camera does not hate her face, but it does not love it either.

Even so, she's a fine and intelligent actress given the right role.

by Anonymousreply 127October 10, 2021 4:30 AM

most stars have drug/coke issues at some time in their bozo lives...

by Anonymousreply 128October 10, 2021 4:37 AM

R126 reese and her chin, just no.

by Anonymousreply 129October 10, 2021 4:49 AM

R129, Kirsten and her face? Just no, no, no. Being charmless doesn't help either.

by Anonymousreply 130October 10, 2021 4:50 AM

Girls, girls! They're BOTH not pretty!

by Anonymousreply 131October 10, 2021 5:00 AM

[quote] She was known as a drunk when she was 7?

Fucking amateur.

by Anonymousreply 132October 10, 2021 5:03 AM

My personal trainer went to high school with her. She was kind of bratty he said.

by Anonymousreply 133October 10, 2021 5:05 AM

OP “You’ve heard?” From who? And what are “mental issues?” “I’ve heard she had mental issues for a while and needed to take a break from Hollywood in one point of her life.”

by Anonymousreply 134October 10, 2021 5:14 AM

Her table manners were as repulsive as her vagina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 10, 2021 5:21 AM

r134 you really don't know what mental issues are?

addiction, depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, anorexia......I know she has discussed being put into a hospital, rehab, whatever it was. I'm not sure if she has said what exactly her problem(s) were.

by Anonymousreply 136October 10, 2021 5:43 AM

her energy is bad, nutbird and depressed.

by Anonymousreply 137October 10, 2021 5:46 AM

R133, I knew people who went to school and did theater with her as well, and that was always the consensus I heard. Very bratty and pleased with herself, but she was a kid so I’ll cut her some slack.

She’s very good when she’s good but she always felt like a second choice actress. She’s who you hire when the actress you want has scheduling conflicts. Nothing more, nothing less. Not particularly exciting talent.

by Anonymousreply 138October 10, 2021 6:13 AM

Ugh, I was waiting for the “Kiki” poster to show up and he didn’t disappoint. Giving her a cute nickname doesn’t do anything for those of us who see her as bland. You must. Be the same person who referred to her as “exquisite.” I used to get annoyed when people accused other posters as “shills,” but now I see it’s true.

by Anonymousreply 139October 10, 2021 10:36 AM

R139, Kiki is what she goes by. Or at least what she went by in the 90’s.

by Anonymousreply 140October 10, 2021 12:34 PM

Eh, she’s done ok for a 90s child/teen actor. She does seem more likeable on screen than in real life- not too likeable based on that architectural digest video, and I cant really say why. Come to think of it, there were so many of teen/child actors then of her age who got to carry their own indie films.

1st tier today: Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johannson 2nd tier: Michelle Williams 3rd tier: Kirsten Dunst, Anna Paquin, christina ricci 4th tier: Julia Stiles 5th tier are they even working they seem to be around but not sure: lelee sobieski, rachel leigh cook, thora birch, anna chlumsky, gabby hoffman

Thats a lot of teen girl child actors in 1 generation

by Anonymousreply 141October 10, 2021 1:20 PM

R140 I have a friend whose name is Bruno he goes by the nick name Buster. Cute when you're 6 not so much at 60.

by Anonymousreply 142October 10, 2021 3:13 PM

Thank you for the video. It's not my taste but can appreciate it. She used to date notorious drug addict Johnny Borrell from Razorlight who was also bisexual. This guy was into heroin even at the time he was with Kiki. She also used to take coke but hey who hasn't. So drug issues possibly for the time away. . . Tbh she seems some one with not a lot of airs and graces. She just seems herself which I really like. Am a fan

by Anonymousreply 143October 10, 2021 3:47 PM

R134 What an asshole you are.

by Anonymousreply 144October 10, 2021 3:54 PM

She has dead eyes. I can’t watch her.

by Anonymousreply 145October 10, 2021 4:28 PM

She was great in Interview with The Vampire - as a child.

by Anonymousreply 146October 10, 2021 6:15 PM

She did a spell at Cirque Lodge in the late aughties for what was at the time called 'depression', but what was in reality a spiraling heroin addiction. She was in fairly bad shape but pulled up and out of it.

She's been lucky in that many of her friends are non-Hollywood types, she is still close to her HS girlfriends and those who were with her in her earlier career (such as the Hallworths, who she has worked with for nearly two decades ). Although her mother was a bit of a typical stage mother, her father and stepmother are highly educated executives with no part in the star game, which helped keep her grounded. Her father is the one who put her in rehab when it mattered.

I think now that she's got the family life of her own she wanted (two kids, a solid partner), she's ready to plunge back into the acting pool to see where things go for her. She's done solid prestige television lead work and the new Campion movies is a critical success. Her career has been interesting in terms of the turns she's taken - she's worked steadily but every larger project she takes on seems like a 'comeback' in a way.

by Anonymousreply 147October 10, 2021 6:38 PM

R136 oh right. “Mental Issues.” I hear that’s been added to the DSM-5.

by Anonymousreply 148October 11, 2021 3:08 AM

Because of her saggy tits and vampire teeth.

by Anonymousreply 149October 11, 2021 3:16 AM

She is good when she's acting. When she is not acting she comes across as a spoiled teenager(just like when she actually was a spoiled teenager). And Dunce also suffers from Bitter Beer Face.

by Anonymousreply 150October 11, 2021 3:28 AM

OP, be realistic:

She's known and she is working. What else do you want? The rate of unemployment among jobbing actors is huge. Let's put it this way, she has never starved.

by Anonymousreply 151October 11, 2021 3:35 AM

OP Because she has resting bitch face. If you can’t imagine someone smiling and laughing (like Kate Hudson) it’s not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 152October 11, 2021 5:42 AM

R119, I'm not a "bump troll" (whatever that is). I saw this subject and made a post. I didn't know you weren't supposed to do that after a certain period. I didn't know there were so many rules on these message boards. There's always someone like you who has elected himself message board monitor (hey, I can make up labels for people, too) and wants to chide others for how they post. I think people like you take these boards way too seriously. I thought this was just to kill some time and have a few laughs.

by Anonymousreply 153October 17, 2021 2:11 AM

Just watched the little known Crazy/Beautiful with her and the sexy Jay Hernandez. I thought she was pretty good in it as the ever-spiraling, depressed congressman's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 154October 17, 2021 4:22 AM

She’s often extremely good, but in at least half her performances she’s she seemed drugged and indifferent. She was oddly awful in The Beguiled, but Sofia Coppola isn’t much of a director of actors so I’ll blame her.

by Anonymousreply 155October 18, 2021 9:39 AM

She wouldn't cave into my demands.

by Anonymousreply 156October 18, 2021 10:02 AM

lordy she is a bore. good god.

by Anonymousreply 157October 24, 2021 6:23 AM

ugly as mud.

by Anonymousreply 158January 14, 2022 9:44 AM

She had the Spider-Man movies, but almost everything outside of them flopped. She was cast in things, but they always flopped.

by Anonymousreply 159January 14, 2022 10:00 AM

She seems like an understated person who doesn't promote herself, lobby hard for roles, or really play the Hollywood game. I've always apprecaited her as a person and actress.

by Anonymousreply 160January 14, 2022 4:24 PM

Tristes apprets. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 14, 2022 4:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!