Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Tenet” was a ripoff of the Time-Turner from “Prisoner of Azkaban”

We’re watching Tenet and it feels ripped off from JK Rowling

by Anonymousreply 17May 6, 2021 6:24 AM

Because it's anti trans?

by Anonymousreply 1January 1, 2021 6:15 AM

Make more.

by Anonymousreply 2January 1, 2021 6:48 AM

Charisma-free leads, Ken Branagh at his hammiest, an incomprehensible story, and a sound design that requires you to crank up the volume to hear the dialogue and then get blasted by the effects. This movie sucks out loud.

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2021 12:29 AM

[quote] requires you to crank up the volume to hear the dialogue

That's the thing I hate most from movies of the last 15 years.

They don't even care the words are inaudible.

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2021 12:32 AM

What do you expect? It's by Christopher Nolan. Try Inception and see where he pilfered that from.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2021 12:35 AM

I enjoyed Inception and loved Dunkirk.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2021 12:40 AM

Is there a character named Sirius Black? Some of us have never heard of Tenant OP could you go a little further int your theory by explaining the premise of the show or movie and how it relates to what you perceive as its secret source material?

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2021 12:49 AM

Tenet was a rip off of a lot of things but Harry Potter ain’t one of them.

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2021 1:34 AM

The worst movie I've ever sat through. Two and a half hours with convoluted swiss cheese maze masquerading as a plot, characters about whom I couldn't have cared less, abysmal lead actor (did he inherit nothing from pater Washington?), cut-and-paste dialogue, Robert Pattison ... it was bad, y'all. Bad.

One thing in this freakishly bad motion picture's favor was Michael Caine--all 15 minutes of his screen time.

Has success made Dolan too big for his britches? Please, please, please don't let him anywhere near the Bond franchise.

Tenet was awful. A damned shame. Having upset myself reminiscing about this dud of a movie, I am going to go lie down now.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 12:23 AM

Nolan thinks he is smarter than he actually is and the reddit fanboys who live in their parents basement lap it up

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 12:36 AM

^^Nolan (not Dolan) at R9. See what he's driven me to? That movie hurt my feelings!

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 1:14 AM

God this movie sucks.

No one understands Inception so they think it's deep. Christopher Nolan is so full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 12May 6, 2021 3:18 AM

I thought the film was good it sort of reminded me of a flashier version of ‘frequency’

by Anonymousreply 13May 6, 2021 5:17 AM

Nolan wrote a pretty smart script, then wanted to seem woke by casting Denzel's dud son, who projected zero of his character's intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2021 5:20 AM

Off topic but isn’t it gas how the brits look back on Dunkirk as a success story?

by Anonymousreply 15May 6, 2021 5:34 AM

R14 Oh, that's why I kept thinking I wish they had cast Denzel.

by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2021 6:09 AM

And J.K. Rowling ripped off "The Worst Witch" in creating the "Harry Potter" series.

by Anonymousreply 17May 6, 2021 6:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!