Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Global Royals 2021

As the prior thread has yet again been paywalled (my, my how popular these threads seem to be!), here is a new one.

To reply to the last poster on the Royals Across the Globe thread, I thought gin and Dubonnet was the Queen Mum's drink, not HM's. But I could be wrong.

I thought gin and tonic was HM's preferred cocktail.

Regretful that we won't get Crown Princess Mary and Princess Marie of Denmark dressed to the nines this New Year's for the traditional two grand observances: the gala dinner and the gala reception for diplomats (although Queen Margrethe has to sit for these now).

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2021 2:41 PM

Here is a video of the Danish royals arriving at last year's NYE celebration in full mufti, just before COVID struck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 31, 2020 1:02 PM

Isn't Princess Eugenie's baby due around now? They said "early in the New Year". And what's up with her taking up Frogmore Cottage?

by Anonymousreply 2January 3, 2021 4:41 PM

The court case against Prince Albert re his third illegitimate child starts in mid-January, doesn't it? That should provide some entertainment . . .

I wonder if Charlene still thinks it was all worth it?

by Anonymousreply 3January 3, 2021 4:42 PM

Isn't this the reason we come to DL? Princess Stephanie's ex. My kind of royal!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 9:08 PM

OP, gin and Dubonnet is the cocktail of choice of HMQ. two parts Dubonnet, one part dry gin, ice, lemon slice in the shaker, pour into a glass with a few ice cubes, lemon wedge to garnish.

HM the QM preferred G&Ts

HRH Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh likes a scotch while he dresses for dinner. The Famous Grouse is his preferred brand.

Rumor has it that certain male members of that House preferred cock...the late Duke of Kent and closer relations of HMQ (I shan't name them, but they include a son and a nephew).

Monarchs who also preferred cock were James VI/I, William III, and, perhaps, William IV.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 9:40 PM

[quote]19th century “Seat of Love” originally designed for Edward VII. The design allowed the infamous playboy prince to amuse himself in numerous ways, including with two ladies at the same time.

I had never seen this one before. Wonder if it's true?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2021 10:22 PM

R6 - I wonder if Liz and Philip still make use of it?

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2021 2:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!