Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Commercials We're Hating: Winter 2020-2021 Edition

So, so, so many. This one is fighting for top position.

I hate this little bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2021 10:33 AM

The Brie Larson Nissan commercials. Does this mean she’s finally over?

by Anonymousreply 1December 27, 2020 6:55 PM

I hate those, too. And I hate every Geico commercial, from the clogging to the fencing to the lizard taking credit for 15 minutes saves you 15%.

by Anonymousreply 2December 27, 2020 9:17 PM

If I hear that Henry Mancini "Something for Cat" theme from Breakfast at Tiffany's one more time, with the little sprite with the adorkable sneeze.....

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 3:28 AM

The Lays commercial with Traces Ellis Ross. You can't sing, and you're not funny.

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 3:51 AM

Tracee! I hate you autocorrect!

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 3:51 AM

The commercial for Rybelsus with that Godawful version of "You are My Sunshine".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 4:17 AM

Kars4Kids. Excruciating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 4:20 AM

I fucking hate that song "You Are My Sunshine." Also "This Little Light of Mine." Sorry but blech!

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2021 4:32 AM

Robbert the SimpliSafe burglar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2021 3:31 PM

This thread makes me realize that I haven't watched commercials forever. With all the streaming services, I never watch network or cable channels anymore.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2021 3:41 PM

R2 I actually don't mind the play on words ones. Better than that fucking gekko.

All insurance commercials are overplayed to death. Can there possibly be anyone left in North America who doesn't know the names of those companies?

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2021 3:43 PM

BTW, this is the actor who plays Robbert.

Hello, daddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2021 3:45 PM

R10 same here.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2021 3:58 PM

The Discovery+ commercials for Joanna's stupid Magnolia lifestyle brand. They're on *every single commercial break*.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2021 5:25 PM

R14 Oh fuck, yes. Watching HGTV always means you see one commercial for a product and 7.289,209,361 commercials for the same HGTV shit over and over - made worse now by the incessant pleas to sign up for Discovery.

I will say I don't mind the Joanna spot quite as much as I might have if human fomunda cheese growth Chip Gaines would have been in it.

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2021 7:27 PM

They've recycled that amazon prime food delivery commercial with the Chuck Berry soundtrack - the one where the black woman looks under the tablecloth and finds a little white girl spooning that dessert out of that trifle dish. Like ANY of that would ever happen!!

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2021 2:45 AM

The shingles vaccine commercials with the people going, "Whaaaaa?" are the absolute worst.

by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2021 1:59 PM

Was it Enya herself who sold her song to Kraft macaroni and cheese, or some evil music publishing company? It doesn’t really fit her brand but I guess the money would be nice… Same with Elton and that awful rocket man commercial.

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2021 2:08 PM

That fucking Liberty insurance commercial that runs incessantly with the kid opening his Christmas present and getting insurance while the other kid sulks because he got a bike.

It's stupid, it makes no sense, and it's not remotely funny.

And they keep running it, even though Christmas was over a month ago.

by Anonymousreply 19January 30, 2021 11:52 AM

Not only does it ruin a Pet Shop Boys song, but the hood ornament is creepy as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2021 2:46 PM

Josh and his wrinkled grandparents needs a dildo shoved up his unwrinkled ass.

by Anonymousreply 21May 8, 2021 2:46 AM

The dumbest one on right now is for Oscar Mayer with the choir turning back and forth to look at each other while singing "yum!"

All that's missing is yanking up their caftans...I mean robes.

by Anonymousreply 22May 8, 2021 2:53 AM

Here is the Oscar Mayer abomination

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 8, 2021 3:03 AM

Bonnie Hellman is this year's Trin Miller.

by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2021 7:27 AM

r23, who is the old queen at :11?

Seems familiar.

by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2021 7:29 AM

Someone needs to be fired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2021 7:37 AM

The Liberty commercial where the guy sells wet teddy bears to people who really want hot dogs?

Liberty sells to frauds?

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2021 10:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!