Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brad Pitt....

I'm not particularly a fan but he is exceptionally handsome. IMO, when I compare him to someone like Chris Hemsworth, who has similar characteristics, Brad is better looking. (I feel like CH wouldn't be that special were it not for his body.)

However, Brad has managed to be shady. First, he was terrible with Jennifer Aniston. Apparently, they were both total potheads at the time but they kept their images squeaky clean.

Then the whole story about Brad Pitt and Angelina's divorce --which was allegedly instigated when Pitt assault one of the older sons on a private plane. Plus years of drinking issues (how he maintains that body, who knows?). Most people, I feel, haven't even heard these stories -- even though Brad is in the press a lot. His PR team must be amazing! (The NYT, IIRC, called him the last movie star, which I kinda agree with).

How does Brad escape criticism so easily? Obviously helps that he's a man because a woman would not have the same experience. But he's wronged some powerful women, but people still see him as charming. I can understand that because I saw Once Upon A Time in Hollywood and the move was a snorefest, but Pitt was incredibly charismatic.

I'm also very impressed with his producing efforts. He gives a lot of shots to PoC content.

I'd love to hear other opinions on Mr. Pitt - and particularly his PR voodoo.

by Anonymousreply 165January 3, 2021 6:37 PM

First, he wasn't terrible with Jen. She became a tried and true A Lister because of him. Back then, TV stars were rarely movie stars. He helped her attain that status. IIRC, they broke up (mostly) because he wanted kids and she did not. Seems fair enough.

The reason his PR is good, is because he seems like a pretty good guy, flaws and all. After the Angie breakup, he got sober and was honest about his drinking. That scored him points.

I also think he comes across more genuine than his peers. Certainly more so than Depp, Cruise, Washington, and Clooney. If he is a phony? He's a better actor in real life than he ever dreamt of being onscreen.

All that said, I don't really speak frau, so I could be totally wrong on all this.

by Anonymousreply 1December 25, 2020 5:38 AM

Up.

by Anonymousreply 2December 25, 2020 6:17 PM

Up.

by Anonymousreply 3December 28, 2020 1:06 PM

So this is a woman posting?

by Anonymousreply 4December 28, 2020 1:08 PM

He's charm personified and is willing to be honest about himself (in a no doubt calculated way) that makes him appear honest & humbled by his mistakes. Plus, people didn't like Angie & were willing to accept that she'd drive anyone to drink - and I think they accept that while adopting kids is a lovely idea, those kids likely have a ton of baggage, which is no picnic either. So right or wrong, he gets a pass - and he still looks good & kept the plastic surgery to a minimum.

It's funny you should post this - I read some article about George Clooney & of course he's gushing about Amal & the twins & and his new life as a daddy, which makes him seem like a total phony. If he took a cue from the BP Playbook and confessed to the difficulties of marriage/fatherhood at a late age, he might seem more likeable & human. I think if even Tom Cruise would show a more human side, people would warm up to him too rather than consider him a weird creep.

by Anonymousreply 5December 28, 2020 1:23 PM

he fuked he way up the ladder early in his career? he was damn hot for sure.

by Anonymousreply 6December 28, 2020 1:23 PM

He's both a successful producer and actor, so he brings $$$ to the industry. He is also said to be generous to colleagues by promoting their interests, i.e., he makes sure his fellow actors receive ample screen time/character development/lines, etc. He is quick to praise others in the industry, campaign for them during awards season and give them work via his production company. Whether that is a result of his character or a calculated strategy, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 7December 28, 2020 1:47 PM

He’s a bottom with top energy. What’s not to love?

by Anonymousreply 8December 28, 2020 1:51 PM

most o his $ goes to his 'wife' and them kids to prove he str8 o yes....

by Anonymousreply 9December 28, 2020 2:00 PM

Potheads!

by Anonymousreply 10December 28, 2020 2:05 PM

Pringels!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 28, 2020 2:08 PM

he took it up the asshole in old days?

by Anonymousreply 12December 28, 2020 2:09 PM

I know someone he tried to hook up with back in 1991. She said of him he was extremely bland and didn't seem particularly bright. So nothing happened between them. She was surprised to see him in Thelma & Louise. When I asked her if she regretted not hooking up with him. She said, No.

by Anonymousreply 13December 28, 2020 2:18 PM

Leave Brad alone he's one of the good guys.

by Anonymousreply 14December 28, 2020 2:30 PM

always fascinating he's universally named by straight guys pick when asked which man they'd have sex with.

by Anonymousreply 15December 28, 2020 2:41 PM

He dated two blandest vanilla women in Hollywood history and then ended up Angelina, who's completely opposite of that. I never understood that

by Anonymousreply 16December 28, 2020 2:45 PM

She was like his butch mommy-wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 28, 2020 3:02 PM

OP, I'm neither a fan nor a detractor of Brad Pitt but it's clear as day that Jennifer Aniston is the one who treated Brad terribly by stringing him along for 10 years with the promise of having kids one day. For the duration of Friends, she used the show as an excuse to not get pregnant (while taking advantage of being Mrs. Brad Pitt to land movie roles) then once the show ended and Brad obviously thought now she'd finally have kids with him, used her movie roles as an excuse to not get pregnant.

If a man did the same thing to a woman who was desperate to have kids, everyone would call him an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 18December 28, 2020 3:08 PM

I love him. Always have, and I couldn't tell you why. Maybe it's because he really does have a sense of humor about himself.

by Anonymousreply 19December 28, 2020 3:10 PM

What is with the revival of interest in this almost 60-year-old man? Why do people still bring up his two failed marriages? He clearly moved on and so has Jennifer Aniston. Angelina Jolie still hasn't but that's because she's crazy. Anyway, he's a fine actor, still looks good and seems like a charitable person. But the media obsession over his marriages is very annoying and seems the work of publicists

by Anonymousreply 20December 28, 2020 3:12 PM

I know someone he tried to hook up with back in 1991. She said of him he was extremely bland and didn't seem particularly bright.

He may not exactly have a dazzling wit, but it's hard to imagine one could survive in Hollywood as long as he has - even with his good lucks - without have an extreme amount of savviness.

by Anonymousreply 21December 28, 2020 3:13 PM

R20 Just someone trying to get other topics off the top of the page. The usual.

by Anonymousreply 22December 28, 2020 3:16 PM

rumor has it jen is lez....?

by Anonymousreply 23December 28, 2020 3:17 PM

^ here we go

by Anonymousreply 24December 28, 2020 3:18 PM

I feel any woman with a big strong face (Aniston, Glenn, Jamie Lee, Nicole, Sandra) are rumored to be a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 25December 28, 2020 3:19 PM

I'm the obligatory mention of the eldergay scriptwriter whose name I forget that Brad Pitt had lived with for a couple of years until he hit big.

by Anonymousreply 26December 28, 2020 3:20 PM

Brad has genuine acting talent though he plays himself a lot of time nowadays.

Jolie has some talent too though she tends to want to play an invincible badass in every role. Her looks, nepotism and relationship with Pitt is a big reason her career lasted as long as it did.

Aniston has little talent but works well with comedy and a good script. Again her relationship with Pitt helped her move into a steady film career after her first couple of romcoms flopped.

Jolie and Aniston both have aged out. Aniston seems smart and moved into doing TV where age is less of a factor. I don't really know what Jolie is doing. Brad is lucky like Leo and Tom in that Hollywood allows leading men to be 70 years old and be paired with a hot young thing.

by Anonymousreply 27December 28, 2020 3:26 PM

Her buds say she lez....yep

by Anonymousreply 28December 28, 2020 4:01 PM

R28 Wut?

by Anonymousreply 29December 28, 2020 4:20 PM

I think he’s always been overrated looks wise. Yes he’s attractive but nothing like the media makes him out to be.

by Anonymousreply 30December 28, 2020 4:24 PM

[quote] He’s a bottom with top energy.

What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 31December 30, 2020 2:55 AM

Aw, honey. You seem really stressed about this. What can we do to help.

by Anonymousreply 32December 30, 2020 3:07 AM

It's funny. Despite his looks and body he never really seemed to appeal to gay men. His fan base is very female. (at least that is what I'd say based on whom I heard people talk about.)

by Anonymousreply 33December 30, 2020 3:10 AM

Always thought his looks were okay and agree with R30 that his looks were a creation of publicity. His personality and acting are bland as well.

by Anonymousreply 34December 30, 2020 3:11 AM

[quote]Brad has genuine acting talent though he plays himself a lot of time nowadays.

No he doesn't. He's not as bad as Keanu, but 'good actor' never comes up when thinking about him. Watch 'Seven' and see how Freeman, Spacey and Goop acted circles around him. He was obviously there just for the marquee.

by Anonymousreply 35December 30, 2020 3:17 AM

R35 He was playing the cocky young cop in "Seven" and he was outstaged by seasoned actors like Spacey and Freeman. I thought he did good in "Kalifornia", "Fight Club" and "12 Monkeys". He's good at playing crazy and stupid. He could have gone that route of character roles but choose to be the boring handsome leading man.

by Anonymousreply 36December 30, 2020 3:21 AM

He's very handsome, but inaccurate to call him the last movie star. That would be Leonardo DiCaprio who's more than ten years younger. He has great PR and a public of mainly fraus willing to take his side and forgive everything.

Consider this: When Paltrow dumped him (supposedly for not being polished enough for her circles) she got the hate. He then cheated on Anniston with Jolie, but Anniston got blamed for not giving him children (total frau take). Jolie then publicly dumps him after he assaulted their eldest son (who allegedly won't speak to him) while drunk and high in a plane, she got the hate and lost the PR battle as Hollywood gifted him with an Oscar that was clearly not for acting, but for being popular and making them so much money over the years. Then recently, he gets involved with a married woman, apparently with her husband's (who he knows) approval, and the fanfraus let it slide, something that would never happen with another star.

by Anonymousreply 37December 30, 2020 3:29 AM

Frau's obsession with these boring bland people's personal lives. Brad is a good actor but he's not amazing, he gets the job done. Leonardo is also good but not amazing. They are definitely more "movie star" than "artist". That's for sure. Hollywood loves to suck their dicks.

by Anonymousreply 38December 30, 2020 3:39 AM

R33 what are you smoking? Every gay guy I knew was in love with him from Legends of the Fall through Fight Club.

by Anonymousreply 39December 30, 2020 6:07 AM

I think Brad is good-looking and boyishly cute but he's not beautiful. He looked sexy and handsome in Fight Club the most. He peaked then. But honestly not every gay man into blonde-haired blue-eyed white pretty boys with pouty lips. We all have different tastes.

by Anonymousreply 40December 30, 2020 6:34 AM

R26 That eldergay was Tom Racina

Here is it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 30, 2020 7:02 AM

R39 Pitt's name as well as Clooney's came up a number of times on another DL thread: Hot Men Only Women Find Attractive. Never thought he was sexy or hot or particularly talented and neither did any gay men I knew. Saw Thelma and Louise, Seven, Interview with the Vampire and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood in a theater though he was not reason for my seeing those films. He was good if not Oscar worthy in Hollywood and I saw Fight Club on HBO some years back and liked the movie and his performance but, the rest of his output: Oceans 11, Mr and Mrs Smith, Meet Joe Black, Kalifornia, Seven Years in Tibet seem MEH. He didn't pick interesting projects.

by Anonymousreply 42December 30, 2020 7:03 AM

Does he ever play intelligent!? I swear in all his films he comes across rather stupid or at least not very sharp. In Ad Astra his appearance was really strange to me, he had this child like wide-eyed expression throughout like he wasn’t all there.

He’s never really displayed the kind of intelligence and sensitivity on screen that usually appeals to me. Even in films like A River Runs Through It and Meet Joe Black where I expect to see these qualities, they’re not there.

I think now he is in films to help get them made. He’s never really the draw for me. I go to see a film of his if I think the story sounds promising or to see other actors he’s working with. He has a good team that keep him working on relevant projects, I just don’t know if he really is all that vital to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 30, 2020 8:03 AM

R40, I am not saying EVERY gay guy loved Brad. But IF you did like blonde, blue and pouty (which many did)? He was the poster boy.

by Anonymousreply 44December 30, 2020 9:00 AM

R37 Which married woman has he dated recently?

by Anonymousreply 45December 30, 2020 2:54 PM

He was great and very funny in Burn After Reading. He played a complete idiot there

by Anonymousreply 46December 30, 2020 2:54 PM

I just don't get this tired trope that Brad Pitt is dumb or shallow or boring. People are really underestimating him imo. Looking back at what he's done over his career, saying he's dumb doesn't make sense. He's smart enough to play Hollywood politics all the to the top. He's smart enough run a successful production company for almost 20 years. He's smart enough to smoothly deal with bad press he gets, and even manipulate it in his favor.

That shit takes a LOT, and that man knows what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 47December 30, 2020 3:21 PM

R47 he plays rather dumb characters. That’s why he comes across dumb to me. He doesn’t often play guys who seem particularly bright.

by Anonymousreply 48December 30, 2020 3:31 PM

R48 Seen him in interviews over the past 20+ years; he comes across as amiable but, not very interesting or bright. And I can't think of single film that he carried on his own. He's more of a tabloid star.

by Anonymousreply 49December 30, 2020 3:47 PM

R34: Ben Affleck too. His looks are fine but nothing outstanding. The media does that all the time.

by Anonymousreply 50December 30, 2020 3:57 PM

R33 Only 50 responses so far on this thread should tell you something about the lack of gay interest in Pitt. Just look at how many people posted on the 2 threads regarding Hilary/Hilaria in a comparable amount of time! Something nearing 1,000 responses.

by Anonymousreply 51December 30, 2020 4:03 PM

[quote]I think he’s always been overrated looks wise

I used to think so too, but now that he is solidly in daddy and nearing granddaddy territory, it makes me realize how long he has been able to stay hot. Unlike most of his peers like Tom Cruise, Brad still has REAL sex appeal after all these years. A lot of men get by on how sexy they used to be, Brad doesn't need that. He can still get in the draws

by Anonymousreply 52December 30, 2020 4:29 PM

R52 exactly. He's got that DILF energy now. He's successfully transformed from a pretty boy to a daddy. Most pretty boys just lose their spark and become average or worse when they age out of that phase (looking at you Leo). But Brad did the flip and stuck the landing too. That's hard to do correctly, so he's actually impressed me more as he got older.

by Anonymousreply 53December 30, 2020 7:34 PM

Why has nobody mentioned his New Orleans post-Katrina fiasco? All those modern houses he built with inferior building products are useless: falling apart, black mold, etc. He abandoned all those folks and is now being sued. FYI, folks in New Orleans (more specifically, the lower 9th ward) paid for these houses-they have mortgages. Pitt never gave any houses away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 30, 2020 7:47 PM

R54 1) Because it is irrelevant to the conversation 2) Because the lawsuit hasn't even gone to trial yet, so we don't know if Pitt is even liable for what happened 3) One of those lawsuits has already been dismissed for being a bunch of BS. Also, theres only 2 people out of the 115 houses he built that are suing him 4) The houses are currently being repaired anyway, so none of it even matters now

by Anonymousreply 55December 30, 2020 7:52 PM

R54 Is that a good enough answer for why people aren't talking about it? Or are you going to continue to grasp at those straws?

by Anonymousreply 56December 30, 2020 7:56 PM

Brad wanted babies. Lots and lots of babies. Jennifer didn't want children. He wasn't going to change and she wasn't going to change so divorce was the best thing for them. Now he's had a bunch of kids and I'm hoping making a wife pregnant is no longer a priority for him and, if what I hear is true, friends can get those two crazy kids back together.

by Anonymousreply 57December 30, 2020 7:59 PM

The Jennifer Aniston stuff is frau drama of the highest order but you do have to give her credit for how she handled that breakup. She was clearly pregnant while they were married - the pregnancy was written into Friends and there were a lot of photos of her at that time looking quite bloated. It's amazing no one remembers this. She most likely miscarried, then got dumped later that year and had to deal with the very cruel PR campaign (probably started by Pitt and Jolie themselves) suggesting she was some crazy career lady who wouldn't give Pitt children! I never liked Aniston before then, but that she said nothing (except that he was missing a sensitivity chip), asked for nothing in the divorce and went on with her life was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 58December 30, 2020 8:00 PM

^"He’s a bottom with top energy."^

This. Jolie is way too dominant a person for him to be anything else. It's probably why he left Aniston for her. He wanted to explore that side of himself, and Aniston seems too traditional and vanilla to let him do it. Too bad Jolie turned out to be a psycho.

Anyway, I think Brad might be bi also. I don't know why, but I just get that vibe. Anybody else?

by Anonymousreply 59December 30, 2020 9:00 PM

R58 It's called Acting. Comedie. Hollywood and Makeup. She wasn't pregnant for real. If she was believe me we would have heard of that "poor pregnant Jen dumped by Brad for Angie." for years. She also had a GOOD PR team.

by Anonymousreply 60December 30, 2020 9:00 PM

R59 Me! I can feel it everytime i see him

by Anonymousreply 61December 30, 2020 9:02 PM

Like Leo DiCaprio, George Clooney, Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling, Hugh Jackman, Pitt seems like a manufactured heartthrob for women in Oprah's audience to swoon over but, no gay men I know thinks they are all that.

by Anonymousreply 62December 30, 2020 10:21 PM

Leo is gay, so is Clooney. All gays know that. I wouldn't be so sure of myself in your place R62

by Anonymousreply 63December 30, 2020 10:33 PM

So Leo is gay, Clooney is gay, and Brad is bi according to DL. Gotcha.

You guys are priceless lol.

by Anonymousreply 64December 30, 2020 11:03 PM

[quote] always fascinating he's universally named by straight guys pick when asked which man they'd have sex with.

Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 65December 30, 2020 11:16 PM

R63 Look at the DL thread Hot Men Only Straight Women Find Attractive. Pitt...are mentioned more than a few times.

by Anonymousreply 66December 30, 2020 11:54 PM

R64 You know they are hahaha

by Anonymousreply 67December 30, 2020 11:56 PM

R67 Speak for yourself. I remember being young in the 90s, and BP was CONSTANT wank fodder for me and my friends. That man was something else. Mind you, porn (especially gay porn) was harder to get, so his and Mark Wahlberg's magazine spreads was the next best thing.

by Anonymousreply 68December 31, 2020 12:08 AM

That was exactly my thoughts R1. As an A-lister, I know he has a public persona that he's faking like all the other Hollyweird famewhores, but at least he feels LESS fake than the others. I reckon that's how he kept up a large fan base.

by Anonymousreply 69December 31, 2020 2:58 AM

[quote]I'm the obligatory mention of the eldergay [italic]director[/italic] whose name I forget that [italic]Clint Eastwood[/italic] had lived with for a couple of years until he hit big.

by Anonymousreply 70December 31, 2020 3:11 AM

The houses he had built in Lousiana are total crap

by Anonymousreply 71December 31, 2020 3:13 AM

OP, you're an obese fat unremarkable fru,py white frau.

by Anonymousreply 72December 31, 2020 3:14 AM

Clooney looks like shit for a gay man. He looks 10 years older than his age.

by Anonymousreply 73December 31, 2020 3:15 AM

I bet Brad Pitt's jilted-lover Thom Racina doesn't think he's is all that grand either OP. But then he has a good reason. What's your excuse for being a Bitter Betty?

by Anonymousreply 74December 31, 2020 3:46 AM

People find Brad fascinating because he is exotic looking according to another thread.

by Anonymousreply 75December 31, 2020 3:47 AM

[quote]He's smart enough to play Hollywood politics all the to the top. He's smart enough run a successful production company for almost 20 years. He's smart enough to smoothly deal with bad press he gets, and even manipulate it in his favor.

Who's the frau trying to sell him as intelligent and a good actor? He's neither of those, we have receipts. But he seems like a nice guy.

This is a guy who probably flunked out of college (or "quit one credit shy of graduation" per his PR bio); pretended to have expertise in architecture which led to embarrassingly dabbling in a housing project and landscaping; and getting carried by superior actors in all his movies. He will never venture into directing, like most actors of his stature, because there, he would get exposed. Easily.

He doesn't emanate intelligence in interviews and he strikes me as someone with a complex about it. He's always searching for a cause to dally but the only time he put himself out there politically was during his Oscar speech, then nothing. And don't get me started on him weird brief following of Frank Ocean and Kanye around. What was that?

by Anonymousreply 76December 31, 2020 3:47 AM

And David Oyelowo, R76.

by Anonymousreply 77December 31, 2020 3:53 AM

At least when I fucked him he was still tight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 31, 2020 4:10 AM

R58 derides 'frau drama', then launches into frau drama and frau conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 79December 31, 2020 4:59 AM

How come Brad Pitt is such a pretty boy when his face doesn't have the golden ratio proportions?

by Anonymousreply 80December 31, 2020 6:30 AM

R63 All rhe women Leo has boned over the past 25 years would disagree. But sure, all gay men know he is gay. Cause you get the list of all the gay men once you come out to yourself

by Anonymousreply 81December 31, 2020 8:03 AM

^ Do you think Clooney is straight too? He has a wife and kids, you know.

by Anonymousreply 82December 31, 2020 8:31 AM

^ I definitely don't believe he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 83December 31, 2020 9:44 AM

R81 LOL! You are talking about these very young models he hired making believe that he is dating them? What a naive guy.

by Anonymousreply 84December 31, 2020 9:48 AM

R84 No, I am talking about many women that admitted having sex with him over the years. You think he's gay cause DL tells you he is. And then you call someone else naive? Good one.

by Anonymousreply 85December 31, 2020 2:54 PM

[quote] How come Brad Pitt is such a pretty boy when his face doesn't have the golden ratio proportions?

I recall reading an article back in the early 2000s where a study was being conducted of symmetry of faces and the contributions of symmetry to beauty. One of the researchers was asked whether anyone he’d researched had perfect symmetry. He responded that no one had perfect symmetry, but that Brad Pitt was the closest they’d measured. He may not have the golden ratio, but he does have symmetry.

by Anonymousreply 86December 31, 2020 3:04 PM

I also think Brad Pitt might be bi, R59. Or even if not bi, he's definitely done it with men before. Either, Brad is dick-perienced.

by Anonymousreply 87December 31, 2020 4:29 PM

Let's not derail this thread by talking about boring ass Clooney, shall we?

by Anonymousreply 88December 31, 2020 4:47 PM

So my friend and I were talking about movies and actors when he asked me who my favourite was, I responded Brad Pitt. He scoffed and said Brad Pitt was just a pretty boy but I rebutted that he has done some amazing movies.

If we were to leave out his Academy Award nominations for Moneyball, Benjamin Button and 12 Monkeys and also leave out his popular works in Fight Club and Seven, he still amazed and dazzled in numerous movies. Now with 12 Years A Slave rolling out, I think that Brad Pitt really is one of the best actors around.

by Anonymousreply 89December 31, 2020 5:16 PM

^ lol. Nice one R89. I haven't laughed like that in a while.

by Anonymousreply 90December 31, 2020 5:29 PM

I like to look at him and don't care about the other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 91December 31, 2020 5:39 PM

I'm surprised a haven't seen the yellow skin troll around here yet

by Anonymousreply 92December 31, 2020 5:45 PM

Well, I scrolled through this thread out of boredom, and the only interesting thing I found was the Thom Racina stuff. I wonder if all that is true, or is it just some obsessed Brad Pitt stan. Which apparently he has judging by the weirdos on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 93December 31, 2020 7:46 PM

[quote] I'm surprised a haven't seen the yellow skin troll around here yet

What does yellow skin have to do with Brad Pitt?

by Anonymousreply 94December 31, 2020 10:22 PM

There was a poster that used to go around and say that certain white male celebrities had "yellow skin" to explain their attractiveness. Brad Pitt was on of them, Ryan Gosling another...it was really bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 95December 31, 2020 10:58 PM

I look like Brad. If I run my photo through Pimeyes (reverse facial recognition) it comes back as Brad Pitt. People stare at me. I’m in CA for work regularly and I’ve been asked for his autograph before (which I denied). Living my life as an ersatz Brad, I can report people are really nice to me. I feel lucky that I look like him and not someone like Don Trump Jr, or someone with bad juju. So thanks Brad!

by Anonymousreply 96December 31, 2020 11:02 PM

Wow R96. Good for you. I bet you feel so special.

by Anonymousreply 97December 31, 2020 11:12 PM

R96, would you perhaps like to leave me your home phone number?

by Anonymousreply 98January 1, 2021 12:04 AM

[quote] Brad Pitt was on of them, Ryan Gosling another

Why Pitt and Gosling and why yellow skin?

by Anonymousreply 99January 1, 2021 12:05 AM

R99 Idk, idc. I try not to dive to deeply into the minds of the mentally-unstable.

by Anonymousreply 100January 1, 2021 12:12 AM

R85 Could you share these interviews? Because I never read any of his girlfriends saying that they had sex with Di Caprio. And if they did, that's part of the contract. Let us see these interviews so we can laugh too.

by Anonymousreply 101January 1, 2021 12:15 AM

I remember Brad Pitt dating Robin Givens back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 102January 1, 2021 1:20 AM

R101 I never said it was from interviews. Or that they were he's girlfriends. Just groupies, if you want to give them a name

by Anonymousreply 103January 1, 2021 1:36 AM

[quote]You think he's gay cause DL tells you he is

To be fair, DL has been proven right multiple times. No celebrity has ever come out without somehow being on their radar.

by Anonymousreply 104January 1, 2021 1:53 AM

R104 multiple times out of million guesses

by Anonymousreply 105January 1, 2021 1:58 AM

According to another thread, Brad Pitt is considered sexy by so many because he’s exotic looking.

by Anonymousreply 106January 1, 2021 2:01 AM

From Wentworth Miller to Ellen Page, DL has been right about people even with zero gossip on other sites. With people like Aaron Schock, DL was calling him gay apparently before he started having sex with men and after repeated denials. The Thom Racina story, and picture, is the most proof you're going to get short of a coming out or a sex tape. Brad Pitt has, at least, had sex with men.

I believe the Eric Bana story, but I'm not so sure about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 1, 2021 2:11 AM

Even if Brad Pitt actually is bisexual, I doubt he'd come out now. After thirty years in the spotlight, he's had ample opportunity to do it, yet still he hides. My theory: while he doesn't seem like the type to care about people thinking he's gay, he DEFINITELY seems like the type to care about all the press/harassment it would cause him and his family if he actually came out, not to mention the potential hit to his career. I suspect those downsides are enough to keep most celebs, including Pitt, comfortably in the closet, even if they have no personal problems with being gay/bi.

by Anonymousreply 108January 1, 2021 2:25 AM

^ My take is he has an inferiority complex about lacking the talent or intelligence of many of his colleagues. Sure he has first dibs and director approval on projects and gets to pick the best actors, but he seems very concerned with his legacy and how he'll be remembered. He's never controversial in interviews so admitting something that would alienate his fra base is out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 109January 1, 2021 3:16 AM

I really believe that without Brad, Angelina wouldn't have become as big as she did.

by Anonymousreply 110January 1, 2021 3:43 AM

^ She already had an Oscar and that UN Ambassador gig before she met him.

by Anonymousreply 111January 1, 2021 4:28 AM

Yeah, but she was still considered to be pretty trashy at the time she got together with Brad. Attention seeking, fake bi, edgy, druggie, slut, etc. Adopting all those kids and getting into a "respectable" monogamous relationship with a man (with a side of collecting all those children) helped her revamp her image into some kind of Mother Theresa-Mary Poppins hybrid.

by Anonymousreply 112January 1, 2021 6:04 AM

Every time I watch Interview with the Vampire, I have an uncontrollable and overwhelming urge to fuck him badly

by Anonymousreply 113January 1, 2021 12:16 PM

He was so hot and angsty in that movie. The acting was kind of rough, but who cares! I just liked looking at him. Here's a fun fact. Pitt hated Interview because it was filmed mostly in London during winter. Working all day in dark and gloomy sets only to emerge into crappy winter nights when shooting stopped. He also hated the contact lenses and heavy makeup as well. Finally, he didn't get the script until a couple weeks before filming, only to realize that his character was now a mopey bore who is depressed and angsty for centuries. Apparently Book Louis was more fun on the page.

by Anonymousreply 114January 1, 2021 4:10 PM

Maybe Louis' character deserved to be sexier and more mysterious. With a little more extravagance. Omg that scene with Antonio Banderas should have gone all the way. I would have loved to see them fuck. But I'm not sure Brad would have accepted. Banderas would since he has shot gay roles several times with good sex scenes. Ah Louis...!

by Anonymousreply 115January 1, 2021 4:23 PM

I still have that scene with Banderas marked down as one of the sexiest kisses in cinematic history (even if they don't actually kiss). But on the subject of Brad Pitt taking on a gay role, I think he was actually shopping around for it in the early 2000s. For example, Pitt's character Achilles from the movie Troy (2004) was supposed to have a male lover, but the studio execs changed him into Achilles' cousin instead. Brad was PISSED when they did that.

by Anonymousreply 116January 1, 2021 4:28 PM

For real, Brad Pitt said “Interview With a Vampire” was the worst project of his life. Asked his agent if he could walk away and they told him the production would sue him for the money lost.

by Anonymousreply 117January 1, 2021 4:36 PM

^oooh did he ever say why? did he just hate the part/script or was there drama on set?

by Anonymousreply 118January 1, 2021 4:37 PM

R117 Bradley was certainly drunk that day

by Anonymousreply 119January 1, 2021 4:38 PM

@ R18 Both. He and Tom Cruise did not get on at all. Cruise apparently made things very difficult for Pitt as he saw the movie as a Tom Cruise vehicle and didn’t like Brad’s up and coming heartthrob status. So there was that. Also Pitt didn’t like his role as it was one of a depressive, suicidal vampire. He complained to his agent that he had the “bitch role” but his agent said he had to finish the project as the pp said.

Its an awesome movie imho but you can tell Brad isn’t enjoying himself which ironically is very suitable for the character he plays!

by Anonymousreply 120January 1, 2021 4:41 PM

Yes, definitely, Louis is such an angsty mess! Too bad because he was perfect for the role. He pouts very prettily. Kind of like Kit Harington playing Jon Snow - another one who is really good at looking beautiful and sad at the same time.

Looking at Brad's other roles, it's not hard to see why this one didn't excite him - an angsty vegetarian vampire *is* kind of ridiculous (but I liked the movie too)!

by Anonymousreply 121January 1, 2021 4:46 PM

I wanted more of them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 1, 2021 4:51 PM

Lestat and Louis was an intense sexy relationship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 1, 2021 4:56 PM

lol

by Anonymousreply 124January 1, 2021 4:56 PM

the second sexier scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 1, 2021 5:02 PM

Not really, Brad Pitt's interview here suggests it's the dark days of winter when they were shooting the film:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 1, 2021 5:06 PM

That last post was @ R120

by Anonymousreply 127January 1, 2021 5:07 PM

^Yeah, neither Cruise nor Pitt have ever gone on record as saying they did not get on but at the time the movie was made, before release, there were a number of well sourced media reports from crew and production members leaking to the press about how badly they got along.

Despite being two of the most bankable movie stars they have never since worked or appeared together afaia.

by Anonymousreply 128January 1, 2021 5:13 PM

R123 kind of looks like sex. I never saw the movie, but I just might based on that.

by Anonymousreply 129January 1, 2021 5:25 PM

R129 Everything smells like sex and gay in that movie

by Anonymousreply 130January 1, 2021 5:29 PM

"Smile if you love men prostate" says Lestat.

I'm all smiles Lestat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 1, 2021 5:40 PM

Brad Has the thousand-yard stare in this photo at the IWTV premiere. His transparent misery is almost comical to me. It's like an episode of the office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 1, 2021 5:44 PM

R132 He didn't look miserable in that pic to me. he looked neglected though. Not his best look

by Anonymousreply 133January 1, 2021 7:51 PM

r132 Why is Banderas fondling Dunst's underage tit area?

by Anonymousreply 134January 1, 2021 9:05 PM

You don't think Cruise had a part in diminishing the importance of other characters in the script and making it all about him?

by Anonymousreply 135January 1, 2021 9:11 PM

R128 Thinking about Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise having beef with each other is sending me. I wish we had a video or something.

by Anonymousreply 136January 1, 2021 9:57 PM

R125 So GAY! these gifs aroused me

by Anonymousreply 137January 2, 2021 12:39 AM

Brad Pitt is one of the most tolerable A-listers out there. Which isn't to say he is tolerable. Just more tolerable than his 'oooh I'm an arteest, this pretty-boy/hunk stuff is BELOW me, ugh, won't these girls stop screaming and paps stop harassing?' counterparts (Leo, Affleck etc.). Pitt has long seemed to me to have one of the most positive and uncomplicated relationships to his own fame, and I appreciate that, that he doesn't try to act like it's some fucking burden.

That said, due to his being an uncommonly attractive human, he also appears to have gone through life as many uncommonly attractive people do - never really thinking too hard about what they've been allowed to get away with and not prone to asking themselves more beyond "is it what I want?" when making major decisions that affect others as well as themselves. He ditched his wife (who I have always assumed was unable, rather than unwilling, to have children - although I obviously don't have any real info on that front) and got with the younger, hotter costar and never seemed bothered by the fact that it was the ditched wife and the costar who took the heat for it and not him.

I dated a dude like Pitt once, for a few years. He wasn't an overt narcissist or sociopath but it genuinely never occurred to him that what he wanted in the moment could have been the wrong thing or not the only thing or most important thing. He left a relationship for me because he wanted to be with me and that was enough for it to be the right thing, he was just following his heart etc. When he left me for someone else it was the same thing - he didn't rub it in my face and he was generally kind about breaking it to me but what he wanted was the final yardstick and though he was sorry I was sad, he had to follow his heart etc. BP strikes me as that kind of person. They never have to really sit and think about their lives and what they've done because no one ever makes them and there's always another dummy willing to put up with their shit because they're really hot.

by Anonymousreply 138January 2, 2021 4:35 AM

R138, you make it seem like Brad is a real coward.

by Anonymousreply 139January 2, 2021 5:28 AM

wow R138. harsh read. but i can't say i disagree.

by Anonymousreply 140January 2, 2021 7:57 AM

There is an element of cowardice to it, yes, but honestly I think the reason more people don't act that way is because most people simply can't (i.e. most people aren't attractive enough to get away with it, especially on a longterm basis). Which doesn't make the behaviour OK. Just not entirely surprisingly, i suppose?

by Anonymousreply 141January 2, 2021 8:01 AM

R139 All men are coward

by Anonymousreply 142January 2, 2021 2:13 PM

The truth about IWTV is that the two of them had an affair early in the filming...and it didn't go so well...hence the tension between them. See : The Firestation

by Anonymousreply 143January 2, 2021 2:30 PM

^^^sorry...Firehouse

by Anonymousreply 144January 2, 2021 2:33 PM

Pittgod

by Anonymousreply 145January 2, 2021 3:05 PM

What made me like Brad Pitt was the press tours he did for Ad Astra and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I always thought of him as a typical Hollywood douche, but he actually came off as really humble, genuine, and friendly in all the interviews. Maybe Pitt is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he seems like a nice person at least. I don't really have any comment on his personal life cause I never cared enough to follow it, but he has a very compelling personality. I was actually shocked how much he overshadowed Leonardo DiCaprio in the appearances together. DiCaprio came off as really dour and dull, and Pitt was the one keeping the energy alive and keeping me watching the interviews. I thought it was going to be the other way around, but life is full of surprises I guess.

by Anonymousreply 146January 2, 2021 5:28 PM

R116 I would empty out my bank account, give up my house, surrender all of my possessions and live homeless for the rest of my life if I could reverse time and film a long, gratuitous love scene between Achilles and Patroclus played by 20 year old Garrett Hedlund.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 2, 2021 6:09 PM

R146 I agree with you there. There was a sweet interview with Pitt (and DiCaprio) were he described what shit he pulled when he was starting out in Hollywood to get a line as an extra in a movie. DiCaprio (as always) dodged the question and just giggled like an idiot. Pitt really is down to earth and a good sport. DiCaprio never answers any personal questions and is usually just a big arrogant asshole. I also liked that he admitted he was a mess and had an alcohol problem. Not the usual PR bs that he was exhausted or whatever. Takes balls to admit you have a problem for someone of his status.

by Anonymousreply 148January 2, 2021 6:13 PM

^I don't know what it is with Leo. I think Leo must have had a breakdown at one point probably after Titanic. He couldn't handle the fame, the stalkers, the probing into his love life by paparazzi and wasn't comfortable with being a sex symbol. He probably felt like a piece of meat. By the 2000s, he became a robot on autopilot throughout most of his public appearances. I wonder if he even enjoys being a "movie star" anymore, since he slowed down on making movies DRASTICALLY in the past few years.

by Anonymousreply 149January 2, 2021 6:17 PM

R148 he knew what he was doing. Wasn’t that part of his Oscar campaigning? People love a story like that, shows some vulnerability.

by Anonymousreply 150January 2, 2021 6:21 PM

Looking back at young Leo, it weren't even the looks that made him so special imo. I mean, he was a very pretty twink, but not as otherwordly as I found him back then. But he had a spark, charisma, that je ne sais quoi - however you want to call it - that made him stand out from all the other pretty boys.

Sadly, whatever made him so alluring is completely GONE now.

by Anonymousreply 151January 2, 2021 6:22 PM

R149 maybe he realises how much luck he has had and much it is mostly down to luck and politics. He’s seen many people with probably more talent come and go. Without Scorsese I don’t think he would have found it so easy to sustain his career at this level.

by Anonymousreply 152January 2, 2021 6:23 PM

R152 Doesn't that go for pretty much every Hollywood star? And if anything, I think that would spur most people to be happy about their career, but he seems to consider it a burden most of the time. It comes of as really spoiled and ungrateful behavior

by Anonymousreply 153January 2, 2021 6:28 PM

R150 I agree wholeheartedly. R148 must be really gullible if they believe that a celebrity as big as Brad Pitt is willing to be candid and vulnerable like that without an ulterior motive. Brad Pitt knew he was in a shaky position in the public eye, and his reputation was at risk if he didn't come clean about his issues after all the mud-slinging when him and Angelina Jolie divorced. It's all strategic, all the time.

by Anonymousreply 154January 2, 2021 6:35 PM

I actually heard that Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio were offered the two roles in Brokeback Mountain. I don't know about y'all, but to me that sounds H.O.T. 2004 Leo and 2004 Brad making out is the stuff of fantasies

by Anonymousreply 155January 2, 2021 6:51 PM

R153 I think he actually sees himself as Gatsby and a Howard Hughes reclusive type. Look at all the fellow celebs who worship him on Instagram and how comparatively few he follows back... the less he gives the more of a mystery there is and people won’t find out how unworthy of it all he really might be. Honestly I think perhaps he also didn’t have as much to say as Brad and maybe felt it was useless trying to outshine him.

by Anonymousreply 156January 2, 2021 6:55 PM

R155 ewww no. Heath and Jake were perfect for the role.

by Anonymousreply 157January 2, 2021 7:17 PM

Cutting room floor IWTV

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 2, 2021 10:19 PM

That "married" chick he was fucking earlier this year clearly seemed to be an escort.

by Anonymousreply 159January 2, 2021 11:44 PM

There seems to be a popular myth that Brad Pitt doesn't know what he's doing because he's not smart. Bullshit. That man is one of the most calculated, strategic celebrities of our time. He knows exactly how to illicit the kind of reaction he wants out of the public. There's a reason he's considered an all-American golden boy despite all the controversies he's had in his personal life. He didn't just luck into that, it was crafted.

by Anonymousreply 160January 3, 2021 7:51 AM

I wonder what all that was even about R159? He gets caught out with a young woman, it would be pretty simple to say that she was just a booty call (in polite terms, of course). I mean, hes been single for 4 years now, I don't think anybody would bat an eyelash at him having a one-night stand. Not even the Midwestern fraud who still think of him as a heartthrob. But the tabloids were allowed to drag out the " controversy" about Brad Pitt being in "open relationship" (barf) with a 27 y.o. when there was clearly no relationship at all. It stinks of a cover-up of some sort. Like Pitt was using that story to cover up something worse that could've come out. Did that couple have blackmail on him or something? He was so quick to disavow all his other rumored girlfriends but not this one.

by Anonymousreply 161January 3, 2021 5:44 PM

His publicist probably thought that being in an open relationship would make him look cool and woke or some shot like that R161

by Anonymousreply 162January 3, 2021 5:51 PM

R159 you expects us to believe that a man like Brad Pitt needs an escort? All he would need to do is stick his head out the window and demand someone sleep with him. He'd have plenty of takers lol

by Anonymousreply 163January 3, 2021 5:55 PM

R163 I heard somewhere that sometimes you don't pay someone to have sex with you, you pay them to leave afterwards. It's uncomplicated. If he did try to sleep with his fans, word of trysts will get out, or someone's going to become attached or you might find the occasional loony. It's much easier to....ummm, go to a professional

by Anonymousreply 164January 3, 2021 6:28 PM

This^ and the fact that a large part of his fan base is conservative wine moms. If was out there hounding around with some random thot everyday, he would be alienating them

by Anonymousreply 165January 3, 2021 6:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!