Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jim Steinman, over-the-top bombastic composer... and attempted murderer?

Well, I wouldn't post it if there wasn't some fire amid the smoke.

Details at the link below. (Pseudonymous, but if you look at the rest of the guy's website, it ain't hard to figure out.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2021 11:19 PM

This looks very like his 'print' handwriting. (Oh... heh... Steiman. What a clever attempt at obfuscation.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2020 5:01 PM

Jesus talk about bombastic writing. I’m sorry but if you’re stupid enough to take unknown pills sent to you in the mail you deserve what you get

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2020 5:26 PM

Never had a friend loan you some medication to get you through a rough spot? Gee. Wonder why your friends wouldn't want to help you. Maybe at least in your case it wouldn't end with you realizing they weren't a friend. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2020 5:43 PM

OP = Nick Summers

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2020 6:45 PM

Oh, r4, you naive little thing... you must be new. You actually think Nick is the only person this guy ever screwed, blued and tattooed? Read my history elsewhere. Why not here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2020 1:38 PM

On another note, grasping at relevance though I may be... Nick has started a podcast, with Meat Loaf's former "leading lady" (as it were), Patti Russo. Seems like they're implying tea spilled. Honestly, I almost want to guest. I've certainly got tales to tell, if you read the link in r5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2021 7:16 PM

Did DL kill Jim Steinman like we killed Jani Lane?

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2021 10:02 PM

Turn around, bright eyes. He's right behind you.

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2021 10:12 PM

Didn't we have this thread before? OP, did you and I bond over some shared memories?

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2021 10:36 PM

Well, the "attempted murderer" part was new, r9. (The old thread is linked at r5 if you were part of it.)

As someone who attempted to broker work with the man, and knew him as a person, my feelings are... mixed. To say the least. As a person, I will probably never completely mourn him.

But his beautiful music, the best thing about him, enriched society and art in general. Whatever his sins, and they were numerous, may his body of work be forever remembered.

by Anonymousreply 10April 21, 2021 12:32 AM

R10, perhaps. But some of the behavior described in the original thread came close...or perhaps even crossed the line in a more passive way. (Granted, I think that was more about one of the creatives on "Starmites". )

Thank you for introducing me to The Historian. (Still pissed the "Dance in my Pants" video is pulled in the USA.)

by Anonymousreply 11April 21, 2021 10:39 AM

Karla posted a Vimeo link the other day. You're quite welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 21, 2021 6:11 PM

Thank you! I really appreciate it, particularly this seems to be more complete. The YouTube version had a much shorter prologue and the beer slide segment seems longer as well.

I wish you would post more often.

by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2021 6:36 PM

Hey, I pop in here and there, I just don't always have a lot to weigh in on. :P

If you're one of the people who reached out to me on YouTube after I posted my demos of my Steinman-related project, you know how to find me if you want to be sociable.

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2021 9:33 PM

Can you link to the demos again?

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2021 10:31 PM

Sure. Demo #1 is what was called "Gott ist tot" in [italic]Tanz der Vampire[/italic] and "Original Sin" in [italic]DOTV[/italic] (among other places)...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2021 10:33 PM

And Demo #2 is what was called "Die unstillbare Gier" ([italic]Tanz[/italic]) or "Confession of a Vampire" ([italic]DOTV[/italic]).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2021 10:34 PM

OP, what do you mean by "composer"?

Does this person have something to do with "music"?

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2021 10:44 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2021 10:45 PM

How did we miss that Jim Steinman died last Monday?

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2021 11:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!