Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Halloween Kills New Teaser Trailer

Jamie Lee Curtis returns next October for what looks like a wonderfully gruesome trip back to Haddonfield. Let’s hope President Biden has America sufficiently vaccinated by then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460October 17, 2021 3:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 21, 2020 6:15 PM

I guess the "Halloween" movies are Jamie Lee's "Mission: Impossible" movies. It pays the bills.

by Anonymousreply 2December 21, 2020 6:29 PM

Christopher Guest was an adorable man.

by Anonymousreply 3December 21, 2020 6:34 PM

I predict the theater situation will more or less be the same, and it will have to be released on a streaming platform. I just hope it's one that I have. I'd love to see this film, but I'm not joining a platform (even for a month) just to see it.

by Anonymousreply 4December 21, 2020 6:34 PM

It’s a Universal picture so it wouldn’t be exclusive to any streaming platform (or so I believe). It would probably be made available for rent or purchase in any online video store such as iTunes or Amazon.

I do believe, however, that we’ll be sufficiently vaccinated with the virus spread curtailed such that it will be safe for theaters to re-open by October, if not sooner. We may still be wearing masks, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 21, 2020 6:53 PM

They had better just release it online + theaters at the same time if "Biden doesn't have everybody vaccinated."

I don't see COVID-19 being resolved by then.

by Anonymousreply 6December 21, 2020 7:10 PM

These aren't exactly "Jamie Lee's Mission: Impossibles."

Jamie Lee doesn't produce this series. She didn't initiate it for herself the way Tom Cruise does with M.I. and others.

Jamie Lee was put up to this by Jason Blum and all the Halloween fans, because it's BLUM'S cash cow now. Jamie will tell you she doesn't like horror films, though that's most of the roles she's played.

by Anonymousreply 7December 21, 2020 7:16 PM

No continuity with anything past 1978. Not watching.

The 2018 Rambo Laurie was awful.

by Anonymousreply 8December 21, 2020 7:18 PM

R1, Jamie Lee looks the Quaker Oats man now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 21, 2020 7:32 PM

R8 wanted a sequel to Halloween: Resurrection so we can find out what happened to Busta Rhymes’ character.

by Anonymousreply 10December 21, 2020 7:36 PM

What a shitty teaser trailer.

by Anonymousreply 11December 21, 2020 7:37 PM

I found it enthralling.

by Anonymousreply 12December 21, 2020 9:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 22, 2020 3:54 AM

New image of Michael from the movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2021 11:53 PM

Kyle Richards at :23.

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2021 11:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2021 12:46 AM

R16 She's also at :19.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2021 1:14 AM

What kills? Michael Myers presenting Halloween hole?

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2021 1:49 AM

"I guess the "Halloween" movies are Jamie Lee's "Mission: Impossible" movies. It pays the bills."

Actually the last 3 movies in the series were great - and I'm NO fan of Cruise. But it's all Christopher Mcquarrie - he's a sharp, innovative writer and now, a fantastic director.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2021 2:22 AM

The previews they had with test audiences for Halloween Kills were a massive success. The buzz was beyond that of the first in 2018.

Fuck, they even raved about Kyle Richard's performance.

The film is supposedly incredibly intense and violent.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2021 2:45 AM

[QUOTE] The film is supposedly incredibly intense and violent.

Music to my ears.

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2021 3:06 AM

Jamie Lee Curtis, aka the poor man's Sigourney Weaver.

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2021 5:58 PM

Sigourney Weaver is the poor man’s Sigourney Weaver.

by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2021 7:31 PM

Sight is badass, bitches, and totally undervalued.

I have arrived and now -

[bold]We have containment.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2021 9:39 PM

*Siggy is badass

Also, I can’t wait for this fucking movie.

by Anonymousreply 25January 20, 2021 9:40 PM

Let’s just hope theaters are open. I’d prefer to see it with a crowd.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2021 12:55 AM

I've always enjoyed horror movies with crowds.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2021 1:19 AM

Talk about beating a dead horse.

Curtis has made some bad decisions for the franchise.

Stop it.

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2021 2:53 AM

J. Lele Curts is doing her thang. You stop it.

Halloween (2018) was perfect pop culture/nostalgia fare. This entry looks like it is going to kick ass. I hear it’s BRUTAL.

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2021 3:12 AM

ANOTHER new image released yesterday shows Michael emerging from Laurie’s 2018 death trap. Sick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2021 8:02 PM

John Carpenter calls it the “ultimate slasher.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 4, 2021 1:03 PM

It's very tiring that Michael spends all this time obsessing about boring Laurie & her terrible hair. If they're bringing back Kyle, perhaps Michael could terrorize the *entire* cast of RHOBH, not just her. Listening to Kim drone about how Kyle stole her house might be the final straw that beats him into submission

by Anonymousreply 32February 4, 2021 1:15 PM

Why is that tiring, R32? I think the Laurie Strode storyline makes it unique among the horror field. Here we are 40 years later and she’s still in the mix. What other franchise can tout such continuity?

by Anonymousreply 33February 4, 2021 5:14 PM

Carpenter doesn’t mince words - even for a profit (he’s already getting his scut anyway) - so I believe him. I’m excited!

by Anonymousreply 34February 4, 2021 5:17 PM

I thought John Carpenter died.

by Anonymousreply 35February 4, 2021 6:55 PM

He’s alive and well, R35. Did the score for Halloween 2018 with his son.

by Anonymousreply 36February 4, 2021 8:16 PM

R32 i would love to see Michael go after Lisa and Brandi.

by Anonymousreply 37February 5, 2021 12:56 AM

Imagine if Kyle Richards gets an Oscar nomination for this?

by Anonymousreply 38February 5, 2021 1:14 AM

Fingers crossed it is the best one of the franchise.

by Anonymousreply 39February 5, 2021 1:16 AM

I wasn't crazy about 2018 Halloween but I will see this.

by Anonymousreply 40February 5, 2021 1:35 AM

This has been said many times but it can’t be said enough, 2018 should have been a sequel to H20. It would have totally worked that way.

by Anonymousreply 41February 5, 2021 1:38 AM

Josh Hartnett wanted $10 million, R41.

by Anonymousreply 42February 5, 2021 1:43 AM

R42 What? How? This was never going to be, or proposed to be, a sequel to H20.

by Anonymousreply 43February 5, 2021 1:48 AM

R42 Girl, please. You’re giving R43 an aneurysm.

by Anonymousreply 44February 5, 2021 1:50 AM

😂 I was just kidding.

by Anonymousreply 45February 5, 2021 1:51 AM

Got me!

by Anonymousreply 46February 5, 2021 1:56 AM

Kyle Richards is supposedly very good in this film. That was noted at the preview/test audience screening.

And let's face it, Michael is probably going to kill her.

by Anonymousreply 47February 5, 2021 2:33 AM

I am the only one who liked H20 better than 2018?

by Anonymousreply 48February 5, 2021 3:25 AM

Does Jamie Lee Curtis go full frontal in this one and expose her penis?

by Anonymousreply 49February 5, 2021 3:27 AM

R48 H20 sucked ass. Halloween 4 was miles better; the story, the acting, the cinematography - everything.

That’s what was so great about the 2018 reboot; getting to see Curtis in a good Halloween again and kicking ass doing it.

by Anonymousreply 50February 5, 2021 3:29 AM

H20 was good but boring in the middle. Great beginning and ending.

by Anonymousreply 51February 5, 2021 3:30 AM

H20 DID SUCK BALLS!!! (I did enjoy Jamie Lee's storyline and arc) but the movie was technically and stylistically WRONG.

The soundtrack. FUCKING HORRIBLE. An orchestra? Strike 1

The kills. FUCKING HORRIBLE Not one decent kill in the entire film. No blood. Strike 2 (The ending was stupid- doesn't count)

The cinematography- The film looked like a 90's high budget romance flick. Strike 3

The film has some charming moments, but it was BORING (minus the classroom scene when Michael throw up all the chairs/tables trying to find Laurie)

by Anonymousreply 52February 5, 2021 3:36 AM

R52 Well, I enjoy it how you like them apples!

by Anonymousreply 53February 5, 2021 3:54 AM

R48 no, you're not. Lots of anons have mentioned it on the Halloween threads.

by Anonymousreply 54February 5, 2021 4:01 AM

I actually think Halloween 3: Season of the Witch is more entertaining than 2018. It's not a great movie by any stretch, but it IS fun to watch. I thought 2018 was too dark and boring.

by Anonymousreply 55February 5, 2021 4:11 AM

H2018 was good because it was great to have JLC and Laurie back. I was pissed they “killed” her so meekly in that awful film that shall not be named. I would not have minded H2018 was a direct sequel to that. Laurie could have survived the fall and her character was already very damaged from the events of H20.

by Anonymousreply 56February 5, 2021 4:23 AM

Carpenter toured one of the art theaters in my city two years ago playing all the musical scores he composed live. It was busy.

by Anonymousreply 57February 5, 2021 7:51 AM

I stopped cheering Michael on after he killed that dog in 1978.

by Anonymousreply 58February 5, 2021 8:04 AM

Yes, R49.

by Anonymousreply 59February 5, 2021 8:08 AM

R58 Agree. No animals..

R59 What would it be classified if MM was released at a MAGAt rally? A feel good flick?

by Anonymousreply 60February 5, 2021 11:12 AM

[QUOTE] I stopped cheering Michael on after he killed that dog in 1978.

He had it coming. That damn dog kept shoveling snow onto Michael’s property.

by Anonymousreply 61February 5, 2021 3:13 PM

John Carpenter says it might release on streaming but I think theaters could really be back in business by October. The fact that they’re thinking that way, however, lends credence to us seeing the movie this year one way or another. There won’t be another pushback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 25, 2021 7:00 PM

The original 1978 movie is the only one worth watching. All the multiple sequels are not very good. Season of the Witch really had nothing to do with the original movie. I wish they would just leave well enough alone. I thought the 2018 retcon/reboot/whatever-the-fuck-it-was turned out to be a waste of time. I couldn't believe what good buzz it was getting.

by Anonymousreply 63February 25, 2021 8:52 PM

Thank God they didn’t stop with the original film. Some of the sequels may be complete trash but they’re still fun and I enjoy them simply for the sake of watching Michael in action. I love looking forward to a Halloween movie. In my opinion they should be like James Bond where we can always count on a new one. God bless the late great Moustapha Akkad for keeping the franchise going. The legend of The Shape is owed to his perseverance.

by Anonymousreply 64February 25, 2021 10:19 PM

2018 was a solid movie. It just didn’t make sense LS was that batshit and damaged. H20 was also solid, just boring. H2 was a very good sequel. It was a little different but it worked quite successfully. The others were largely trash. Not as bad as most F13 sequels.

by Anonymousreply 65February 25, 2021 10:20 PM

Halloween 4 is far from trash.

by Anonymousreply 66February 25, 2021 10:22 PM

R66 It really isn’t all that great, though. It was a huge drop off quality wise.

by Anonymousreply 67February 25, 2021 10:25 PM

At least Season of the Witch tried to mix things up a bit. A shame that idea didn't take off. If they'd done that with part 2 instead of 3, maybe it would have worked out differently.

As is, the series is a mixed bag. 2 has a lot of the same great atmosphere of the original, but the story is weak and repetitive with that silly twist and handicapped the rest of the series. 4 was a nice return to form even if the mask looks terrible and it's missing that great widescreen photography. H20 handled Laurie the best out of all the films and gave her something to do, but the film is hurt by all the crappy masks they used, glossy overlit photography, and all that recycled music from Scream. The others need not be mentioned.

The 2018 had a great look and it was nice to have Carpenter return to do the music, but I can't believe Jamie Lee Curtis signed on to that vision of Laurie. Her character felt like a robot, not a human. I'm really hoping there's some big master plan for the other two films where everything clicks and they deliver an intense finale and flesh her out more as a character.

by Anonymousreply 68February 25, 2021 10:34 PM

R67 Actually, it really is that great; much better than Halloween 2 in terms of tone, acting, production values, and overall atmosphere. I consider Halloween 4 the best of the sequels pre-Halloween 2018; in fact, I think I still like it better than H2018, which I love.

by Anonymousreply 69February 26, 2021 7:27 AM

H2 was one of my favorites of the franchise. The whole banging on the hospital doors while Michael slow walks in pursuit is classic horror cinema. I was terrified as a kid watching that scene.

by Anonymousreply 70February 26, 2021 3:52 PM

[quote] I want Michael inside of me...

Would you settle for my machete?

by Anonymousreply 71February 26, 2021 5:46 PM

[QUOTE] Actually, it really is that great; much better than Halloween 2 in terms of tone, acting, production values, and overall atmosphere. I consider Halloween 4 the best of the sequels pre-Halloween 2018; in fact, I think I still like it better than H2018, which I love.

Halloween 4 never gets the props it deserves. It’s all due to that terrible mask, not to mention the scene in the school where Michael throws Loomis out the window and suddenly he has orange hair.

by Anonymousreply 72February 26, 2021 11:58 PM

The franchise lost me when they killed her off and then brought her back.

I need to believe that death is final in horror movies for the movie to be scary. When death is not final and can be easily undone, I stop being afraid so the "horror" movie loses its horror.

by Anonymousreply 73February 27, 2021 12:21 AM

Seriously, R72, though hardcore Halloween fans do consider it a classic.

Another sequel I rank highly, though it’s often listed as one of the worst, is Halloween 6. I definitely get the criticisms - the cult plot line never reaches its full potential and is reduced to a hokey peculiarity - but the acting and atmosphere is top-notch and saves it from being the disaster it could have been, while also making it a genuinely scary and interesting entry.

I love Halloween 5, too.

by Anonymousreply 74February 27, 2021 4:24 AM

[QUOTE] The franchise lost me when they killed her off and then brought her back.

Yeah what’s wrong with these people, killing someone off and then bringing them back...

.......... Uhh, hello. R73? You realize we’re talking about the Halloween movies, right?

by Anonymousreply 75February 28, 2021 4:25 PM

No R48 I agree with you.

The 2018 trailer had too many spoilers.

I was never scared watching the film...

by Anonymousreply 76February 28, 2021 4:53 PM

I'm excited for it. Halloween is my favorite of the Big Three horror franchises. I love the choose your own adventure aspect. Sometimes I'm in the mood for H4, sometimes H20, etc, etc. If it ends up streaming, I'm going to my rich friend's house who has a home theater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 28, 2021 5:03 PM

I have sufficient.

H2018 was horrible enough to turn me off of all future HALLOWEEN entries.

by Anonymousreply 78February 28, 2021 5:04 PM

I just watched the above trailer again for the new film & it gives away at least 3 good scares that they should've saved for the audience.

Couldn't JLC have it put in her contract that no scares/attacks be leaked to viewers in the trailers? That it costs the films money by giving away too much?

These shots are what moviegoers PAY TO SEE a second & even a third time in the theatre.

by Anonymousreply 79February 28, 2021 5:10 PM

[quote]I think the Laurie Strode storyline makes it unique among the horror field. Here we are 40 years later and she’s still in the mix. What other franchise can tout such continuity?

WHAT "continuity," R33?

LS is a random babysitter from 1978 that MM decides to go after again in 2018, despite having ZERO connection to her.

There is ZERO continuity in this franchise after 2002.

by Anonymousreply 80February 28, 2021 5:12 PM

This teaser doesn't really spoil that much at all. It happens so fast that, unless you're decoding everything frame by frame, it's hard to tell what's going on. Of course, in a few months, they'll come out with a 2 1/2 minute trailer that will spoil just about every decent moment in the movie. A few months after that, they'll put out another trailer that spoils even more. Why does every movie have to have multiple trailers these days. One is more than enough.

by Anonymousreply 81February 28, 2021 5:39 PM

Halloween Kills is about "paranoia, misinformation, and crowd panic."

I really like the idea that they would put thought into a horror film and make it *about something.* This elevates the material and broadens the audience appeal. The 2018 Halloween reboot was not just about slashing people, it was about post traumatic stress disorder and also about the exploitative power of social media.

We could start a whole thread about movies -- particularly horror movies -- that were about something. Both Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Night of the Living Dead were about Cold War paranoia. Dawn of the Dead was about consumerism. Silence of the Lambs was about women's empowerment. The Birds was about family relationships.

by Anonymousreply 82February 28, 2021 5:43 PM

They might have thought it was about something, but they didn't do anything with it. Laurie drinks some booze and screams in her car for 20 seconds and that's about all they do to address her PTSD. There's a germ of an interesting concept in there, but the film didn't seem very interested in her trauma. She's so far removed from the Laurie we met in '78 that we needed more time to get to know her again and figure out how she came to be this way. She didn't feel like a real person. H20, for all its flaws, at least had Laurie feel like a real person. It's even more amazing when you realize H20 Laurie had even more reasons to be terrified that Michael would come back. In that film, his body was never found and he was still her brother.

The only way 2018 Laurie would make sense is if they somehow managed to tie it into H20 and Resurrection where she survived the fall for the asylum, got out somehow, and went full on survivalist, but they pretended none of the sequels existed. Perhaps a wise choice, but Laurie's character doesn't make sense this way. I know several survivors of attacks and, 40 years later, they're not going to be like that especially when their attackers have been locked up since the incident. They might do some drugs, drink, have tons of anonymous sex, trouble with relationships, go to therapy, etc. but they don't build bunkers in the woods waiting for their attacker to escape.

by Anonymousreply 83February 28, 2021 6:01 PM

[Quote] If it ends up streaming, I'm going to my rich friend's house who has a home theater.

Lucky bitch.

by Anonymousreply 84March 1, 2021 11:09 AM

The cutest shit 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 6, 2021 4:32 AM

Michael vs Jason

is a fan made film done for pennies & actually pretty good =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 7, 2021 6:42 AM

Thanks, R86. Watching now.

by Anonymousreply 87March 7, 2021 6:49 AM

So far, very impressive for a no-budget fan film.

by Anonymousreply 88March 7, 2021 6:59 AM

Pretty damn good!

by Anonymousreply 89March 7, 2021 7:17 AM

R89 I wonder if JLC has seen that & if so

did she like it?

by Anonymousreply 90March 7, 2021 2:31 PM

R90 Actually, JLC does not like watching horror movies.

by Anonymousreply 91March 7, 2021 3:08 PM

R83, they could still have those things happen to her even if they dismiss the sequel.

They could say she went to a mental institution saying her PTSD resulted in her believing she was always being stalked. Maybe she was? Maybe it was the PTSD? Yes to both of course.

They could show a failed murder attempt from Michael that no one believed.

Isn’t this planned as a trilogy? Hopefully they dive more into her character and what happened all those years.

However, I do worry that’s not the case and they just made her this way in a shallow attempt to show how much they respect females.

by Anonymousreply 92March 7, 2021 3:38 PM

I also believe the brother-sister angle will be explored.

by Anonymousreply 93March 7, 2021 3:39 PM

I just read this article the other day and was surprised to find out that Kevin Williamson did not intend to ignore the events of the previous sequel in H20.

Though I love having JLC in [italic]any[/italic] Halloween, H20 is one of the sequels I like least. The mask, tone, and acting are completely off, and it has almost no atmosphere. It’s like Halloween meets Dawson’s Creek meets a Lifetime movie: horrid.

That being said, Williamson seemed to be heading in the right direction originally.

[quote] Initially developed as Halloween 7: The Revenge of Laurie Strode, Williamson’s treatment connected the dots between Halloween's messy sequels. However, studio interference and feuding egos slowly led to the disappearance of many elements from Williamson’s pitch, which could have created a much more satisfying sequel that may have, in turn, kept enthusiasm high for the Halloween series prior to 2018's revamp.

[quote] Williamson’s treatment kept the trajectory of Halloween: H20 the same, but spent more time on the circumstances around the survival of Laurie Strode and her current pain. The movie retains Williamson’s idea that Laurie faked her death—to connect with Halloween 4—but he also planned to touch on the events of the previous three movies through a book report that tragically informs Laurie about the death of her estranged daughter, Jamie Lloyd. These changes to the story and Laurie Strode’s character reflect the immense love and respect that Williamson has for the horror genre, which is also very present in Scream, as well as his ability to tell a larger, more interconnected story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 7, 2021 3:47 PM

Halloween H20 might be the oddest, most un-Halloween film in the bunch (even more so than Resurrection) but it was a necessity that prevented the franchise from veering off into straight to video hell. And it brought The Shape to a whole new generation of fans.

by Anonymousreply 95March 7, 2021 7:03 PM

R94 if Kevin focused on that. Maybe TVD wouldn't have happened.

by Anonymousreply 96March 8, 2021 6:38 AM

R89 I thought so too when

I first saw it about a year ago!

by Anonymousreply 97March 10, 2021 8:28 PM

R96 What is TVD?

by Anonymousreply 98March 10, 2021 9:31 PM

H20 had zero inventive kills, minimal surprises, that HORRIBLE orchestral score out of a 50's potboiler, a setting that was totally wrong for the film, and it truly was shot, directed, and scored like a high end Lifetime film.

However, JLC was excellent and I did appreciate Laurie's arc in that film- I just wish it was a completely different film.

And I thought that Josh was very good too.

by Anonymousreply 99March 10, 2021 9:39 PM

I loved the opening of H20 with hottie JGL.

by Anonymousreply 100March 10, 2021 11:04 PM

Sorry R99 I loved H20. The settings were all great. The "cage in front of the door" scenes as well as the "hide under the tables" scene are some of my fav horror movie scenes.

The main building was used to great effect for the offing of some major characters.

by Anonymousreply 101March 11, 2021 2:30 PM

Definitely not understanding the hate for H20. It was one of my favorites. The acting was good and the suspense was satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 102March 11, 2021 2:57 PM

H20 easily has the best finale of any of the films in the series and I think it proves that old adage that if you give them a strong ending, they'll forgive you for anything. Jamie Lee is excellent in the film, even Oscar worthy at certain moments, but the film really doesn't have any atmosphere and the mask looks awful. Then again, you could say the mask look pretty bad in most of the sequels. They could never get that fucking mask right, could they?

The 2018 gets the mask, atmosphere, and score right but forgot the suspense, scares, and character development. At least H20 had a few intense sequences here and there.

by Anonymousreply 103March 11, 2021 6:22 PM

H20 was a million times better than H40.

by Anonymousreply 104March 11, 2021 6:29 PM

I watched that at least 20 times, r85. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 105March 11, 2021 7:05 PM

H20 was fun and entertaining, while the most recent Halloween 2018 was dreary and boring. I'm hoping that Halloween Kills is not like the last movie.

by Anonymousreply 106March 11, 2021 7:26 PM

R105 Doesn’t he dance sexily? I’ve watched it over 50 times and have tried finding the original video with the hopes of getting a peek at the face under the mask...

by Anonymousreply 107March 11, 2021 8:01 PM

From what I've been told, Halloween Kills doesn't add much character development for anyone other than the Judy Greer character and she's the closest thing it has to a main character. It's more ensemble driven and action packed with a death scene every 10 minutes or so.

by Anonymousreply 108March 11, 2021 8:03 PM

It's very sexy, r107...and fun! I just watched it a bunch more times. It's kinda frustrating because it's such a short clip, though. I wish I could dance like that. I'm dying to know what he looks like, too.

by Anonymousreply 109March 12, 2021 11:55 AM

[quote] Jamie Lee is excellent in the film, even Oscar worthy at certain moments.

I believe her monologue when she tells Will her backstory was submitted to The Academy.

by Anonymousreply 110March 12, 2021 12:22 PM

I am ashamed to say this, but I’m most interested in seeing this to see Kyle Richards. Morbid curiosity?

by Anonymousreply 111March 12, 2021 2:19 PM

[QUOTE] I am ashamed to say this

As you ought to be, R111.

by Anonymousreply 112March 12, 2021 11:11 PM

R109 Now, every time I visit this thread, I get sucked into watching it. For some reason, his socks turn me on too.

by Anonymousreply 113March 13, 2021 12:16 AM

R98 The Vampire Diaries

by Anonymousreply 114March 13, 2021 5:17 AM

I was hoping for a lighthearted musical that ends with everyone sharing Thanksgiving dinner. And Michael, carving the turkey .........

by Anonymousreply 115March 13, 2021 5:47 AM

r113: It's the ONLY reason I visit this thread. I really like how he starts off, that side ways move up and stomping his foot forward 2 or 3 times. Also like the swing of his left arm across his front at the end. Heck, I love it all, who am I kidding? I didn't realize those were socks, I thought they were snazzy tap shoes.

by Anonymousreply 116March 14, 2021 9:23 AM

R116 We’re too much 😂

by Anonymousreply 117March 14, 2021 1:53 PM

Let's agree that if either of us unmasks this Michael, r117, we'll report to the other here.

by Anonymousreply 118March 15, 2021 5:07 PM

R118 Yes! Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 119March 15, 2021 5:47 PM

You bitches are fucking beyond desperate if some horror nerd dancing in his living room excites you that much. Anywho, H20 was great schlocky horror fun.

by Anonymousreply 120March 15, 2021 6:50 PM

R120 He dances beautifully! Anywho, H20 was shit.

by Anonymousreply 121March 15, 2021 7:28 PM

r119: I'm guessing you know the way he's dancing is called the Melbourne Shuffle?

r120: r119 and I have forged a bond that cannot be broken. We are united in our quest and will not be deterred by the likes of you. Now Melbourne Shuffle on out of here.

Maybe if someone has a TiKTok account they can ask this person at the link. May have to create one myself to ask...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122March 16, 2021 6:32 AM

R122 Actually, I did not know that. And you just made me watch it a few more times! What an addictive little clip 😂

Lately, I’ve been paying attention to his tight, round glutes.

by Anonymousreply 123March 16, 2021 3:06 PM

"And you just made me watch it a few more times!"

Yeah? Well I just watched it at least 15 times. So now we're even.

by Anonymousreply 124March 16, 2021 9:26 PM

I hope kyle knees michael in his balls right before he plunges a knife in her head. Give it to us kyle!!!

by Anonymousreply 125March 16, 2021 10:08 PM

Enough with this stupid dancer who is probably ugly. When does the next trailer drop?

by Anonymousreply 126March 17, 2021 12:25 AM

R126 It’s going to go on and on, Dan.

Besides, what more do you want in a new trailer - the whole movie?

by Anonymousreply 127March 17, 2021 3:06 AM

Yeah, why not? Most of us don’t care about them “revealing too much” in a trailer—that’s why they keep doing it.

by Anonymousreply 128March 17, 2021 3:11 AM

R128 You’re a cutie, you know that? I can tell.

by Anonymousreply 129March 17, 2021 3:34 AM

Why Jamie Lee Curtis didn’t return for Halloween 4, paving the way for Danielle Harris’ career:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 3, 2021 1:43 AM

Decided to rewatch Halloween the other night. Can't believe i somehow missed the line from Loomis telling one of the kids to get his ass away from the house 😆 I love the way he says it.

by Anonymousreply 131April 3, 2021 1:20 PM

Dr. Loomis was the driving force behind the franchise. As a kid I felt comforted knowing that he was out there chasing the boogeyman. It was like if I encountered Michael outside somewhere, Loomis might pop out and pump him full of lead before Michael gets to me. He was one of my heroes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 3, 2021 7:50 PM

The full trailer is rumored to be coming either May or June. Then the hype train starts! Can’t fucking wait.

by Anonymousreply 133April 18, 2021 12:54 AM

The silver shamrock song from Halloween 3 scared the shit out of me!

by Anonymousreply 134April 18, 2021 1:00 AM

Is it not true that they shot "Kills" and the third one, "Halloween Ends" at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 135April 18, 2021 2:25 AM

R135. Due to Covid, they have NOT shot Ends yet.

by Anonymousreply 136April 18, 2021 2:38 AM

Wow. Shocked at the H20 love.

I did dig the Michael fucking up the desks/tables scene- best scene of the ENTIRE film.

Sorry. That film was wrong thematically, sonically (that soundtrack!!!!!)...

Totally dug JLC's storyline , performance, and Josh as her son...

The film is WEAK as BALLS!

by Anonymousreply 137April 18, 2021 2:43 AM

It's too Scream-y

by Anonymousreply 138April 18, 2021 4:09 AM

H20 is the third-best HALLOWEEN movie and the Halloween Loon is a tasteless cretin who talks to himself.

by Anonymousreply 139April 18, 2021 7:08 AM

Dear God, please tell me Kyle’s character dies in it. It would make it halfway worth it to see it just for that.

by Anonymousreply 140April 18, 2021 7:15 AM

[QUOTE] H20 is the third-best HALLOWEEN movie and the Halloween Loon is a tasteless cretin who talks to himself.

R139 H20 is now fifth, at best, behind Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween IV and Halloween 2018.

by Anonymousreply 141April 18, 2021 12:52 PM

I would put H20 before Halloween 2018. Laurie Strode was better in H20.

by Anonymousreply 142April 18, 2021 1:13 PM

Laurie was great in H20 and she was great in 2018. It’s a wash. The question then becomes what’s the better overall picture, and that’s Halloween 2018,

by Anonymousreply 143April 18, 2021 2:20 PM

I'm glad people are finally starting to realize how decent H20 is, especially when compared to the dreadful 2018 one. Even that late 90s, Scream-ish atmosphere it had going on (which was one of the reasons many people hated it) is slowly starting to feel nostalgic.

by Anonymousreply 144April 18, 2021 2:31 PM

H20 is always a joy to watch.

by Anonymousreply 145April 18, 2021 3:11 PM

R142 Don’t engage Matt, dear. It’ll spray it’s cunt stench on you like a skunk.

by Anonymousreply 146April 18, 2021 6:25 PM

H20 has the stronger script. Even the teenage victims seem to be better fleshed out than the ones in the '18 movie and god knows they give Jamie Lee a lot more to sink her teeth into. The last 15 minutes are more suspenseful and exciting than the finale of '18 as well, but the film suffers from being over lit and lacking atmosphere, Michael's horrible masks that keep changing from scene to scene, and the Tim Burton movie music score mixed with random bits from the Scream films.

'18 easily wins in the atmosphere and score departments and Michael hadn't looked that good since the original, but the script is terrible. I can't see how anyone could have greenlit that script the way it was and I'm even more surprised to hear that audiences overlooked it just because some of the technical aspects were better than H20. The script felt like it was written by people who have never had a conversation with another human being before. Exposition feels forced, dialogue is unnatural, emotional breakdowns aren't earned, we never really get to know this new Laurie Strode and exactly how she ended up like this, and there's not a scary or suspenseful moment to be found in the entire film.

The structure and general concept aren't bad, but the execution feels like they wrote it in one day and never went back to fine tune and revise anything.

by Anonymousreply 147April 18, 2021 6:48 PM

Was the Halloween Loon committed to Smith's Grove Sanitarium after he predicted Jamie Lee Curtis winning the Best Actress Oscar for HALLOWEEN 2018?

Maybe he can get us autographs from Michael Myers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 18, 2021 8:14 PM

H20 is like a Dawson’s Creek Halloween special. And don’t even get me started on the writing. How was it that Michael managed to discover Laurie’s secret identity and her home/place of employment again? Right.

If you’re going to have writing that bad at least make sure to bring the scares and atmosphere - neither of which it did - like Halloween 4 or Halloween 2018. I even prefer Zombie’s reboots to that WB Show clusterfuck.

by Anonymousreply 149April 19, 2021 2:09 AM

H20 scores major nostalgia points with me as it was the first Halloween movie I could see in theaters. I think that’s the case with many Millennials. And that ending was bad ass. It reminds me a lot of GoldenEye in that I believe it saved the franchise. It’s a very important film. God only knows what would’ve happened if H20 flopped.

by Anonymousreply 150April 19, 2021 3:07 AM

R149 He found out where Laurie was from the Nurse’s office. Did you not watch it?

H20 is a nice film. It had weaknesses but it also had big strengths.

by Anonymousreply 151April 19, 2021 3:07 AM

R151 Just goes to show you how much I cared to remember.

[quote] H20 is a nice film.

Uh, yeah, exactly. I don’t watch Halloween films for their niceties.

by Anonymousreply 152April 19, 2021 3:19 AM

R152 You get way too worked up over H20. A lot of people liked it. You didn’t even remember a huge point in the plot so maybe it has been too long since you’ve watched it?

by Anonymousreply 153April 19, 2021 3:35 AM

R153 I actually watched it again in 2018, just before the reboot was released. I had to stop myself from turning it off before it ended. I remember thinking, please don’t subject us to this again. I was pleasantly surprised.

by Anonymousreply 154April 19, 2021 5:26 AM

H20 was the perfect film for its time. There was no way Halloween 2018 would look or feel anything like it. H20 was perfect for its time and Halloween 2018 was also perfect for its time.

by Anonymousreply 155April 19, 2021 2:39 PM

One thing H20 had that '18 didn't was a character arc for Laurie. I prefer H20 for this reason. 2018 Laurie seems ready for battle from the start, but H20 Laurie is still scared and it's more of a film about letting go of fear and confronting your monsters. It felt more organic in the way that it built to the climax and I even found it a bit moving. I find it more interesting to see a flawed, frightened character slowly grow in confidence until the finale where they decide to stop running and stay and fight. 2018 had a much better atmosphere and it was such a treat to have John Carpenter do the music for the first time since Season of the Witch, but they did Laurie a huge disservice and made her so one note. I hope the sequels dig a bit into her backstory and what she's really been up to for the last 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 156April 19, 2021 5:37 PM

R156 After forty years of PTSD and depression, I found it a great thing that they wrote Laurie as a fighter and, as you say, “ready for battle from the start.” Would you have had her still cowering and jumping at shadows?

by Anonymousreply 157April 19, 2021 6:34 PM

I think R156 wanted her cowering and jumping at shadows at first, and then transforming into Rambo Laurie? Tacking an extra half hour onto the beginning of the movie? I don’t know. I prefer they cut to the chase, keeping it short and sweet like they actually did.

Plus if you already saw that version of Laurie in H20 then why do you need to see it again?

by Anonymousreply 158April 19, 2021 6:43 PM

R158 Plus, they did show that she was vulnerable and still disturbed by what she had survived. They revealed this through her daughter’s recounting of her childhood, her removal from the home, and her estranged relationship with her mother. Also, Laurie is still an alcoholic in the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 159April 19, 2021 6:48 PM

The issue was that this Laurie we met in the 2018 version was so far removed from the Laurie we saw at the end of the first Halloween that it would have been nice to get to know her a bit more. It doesn't seem like she works, so how does she have this big booby trapped house in the woods? Did she ever get married? Who was the father of Karen? They rush past all of this potentially interesting stuff to make room for the dumb podcasters and the evil doctor. No one cares about that crap. We care about Laurie.

Any emotional scenes with Laurie feel forced. When she walks into the restaurant and chugs her son-in-law's wine and immediately bursts into tears, it's not earned and comes out of nowhere. Was anyone moved by this scene? I found it more realistic in H20 that she's trying her best to forget about everything that's happened and is using alcohol to numb the pain until she comes to the conclusion that it's not going to work anymore and she'll have to fight it to get rid of it forever.

by Anonymousreply 160April 19, 2021 9:11 PM

The best moment in any film was in H20 when Laurie locks them in the school, grabs an axe and screams, “Miiiiichhhaaaeeeelllll”

by Anonymousreply 161April 19, 2021 10:01 PM

That was a great moment, R161, but I think it’s usurped by a moment that came shortly afterward: Michael flipping the tables in the dining hall as Laurie scrambles beneath them.

by Anonymousreply 162April 19, 2021 10:23 PM

[quote] When she walks into the restaurant and chugs her son-in-law's wine and immediately bursts into tears,

R160 I thought JLC was excellent in that scene and throughout the film. She really sold their character and wasn’t as self-aware as she was in H20, though I like her in that too.

I don’t think you need much more build-up, though, since the reboot was always planned as a trilogy, maybe they will continue adding layers to her character and her family.

by Anonymousreply 163April 19, 2021 11:11 PM

*her character

by Anonymousreply 164April 19, 2021 11:14 PM

Every one of these Halloween movies is exactly the same. How many do we need?

by Anonymousreply 165April 19, 2021 11:14 PM

R165 At least two more and NO, they’re not the same. The Halloween franchise is like a peacock plumed with iridescent feathers that shift and sparkle with varying degrees of color and depth. Each film is a morsel of horror goodness and guilty pleasures, and there is at least one catered to and representative of each fan or potential fan.

I can tell a lot about someone by the Halloween film they like best ...

by Anonymousreply 166April 19, 2021 11:21 PM

R165 As many as we want, bro. As many as we want.

by Anonymousreply 167April 19, 2021 11:23 PM

[QUOTE] Every one of these Halloween movies is exactly the same. How many do we need?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 19, 2021 11:23 PM

R168 You just reminded me of the unmasked hunk dressed as Michael and dancing to “Dreams.”

by Anonymousreply 169April 19, 2021 11:32 PM

[quote] Every one of these Halloween movies is exactly the same. How many do we need?

A hundred and forty-seven, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 170April 20, 2021 12:32 AM

Halloween is one of the wackier franchises. The first three and the most recent one have a similar tone and atmosphere, but all the others are about as different as you can get from one another. They start introducing psychics and cults and Scream-era photography and humor and Busta Rhymes and, ultimately, the Rob Zombie white trash aesthetic.

The Friday the 13ths were always the ones that felt mostly the same to me. They can send him to New York or space, but the basic structure is the same.

by Anonymousreply 171April 20, 2021 2:17 AM

R171 😂 So true.

Also, Jason sucks.

by Anonymousreply 172April 20, 2021 2:21 AM

But F13s got so, so bad. I like my horror movies somewhat realistic. Yeah, Halloweens got silly, too. But Zombie Jason? Not scary.

by Anonymousreply 173April 20, 2021 3:58 AM

The reason Jason never really scared me is cause he’s always in the woods. You have to be some outdoorsy moron who seeks adventure among ticks and bears to find him. Michael stalks the shadows of the burbs, where I grew up and still live. That great scene where Allyson’s friend encounters Michael in the backyard with the motion lights looks like all the backyards in my neighborhood. It reminds me of when I used to take the trash out at night as a kid and feared I might find The Shape waiting for me, white mask glaring under the moonlight.

by Anonymousreply 174April 20, 2021 11:33 AM

Halloween is effective because Michael seemed like someone who could come after anyone. As the sequels went on and they introduced that bloodline element, it became far less frightening. Maybe this is why people seem to like the new one so much. They take away the relationship between Laurie and Michael and have it just be a random attack from 40 years ago. Unfortunately, they didn't find a better way for Laurie to encounter Michael and bring him to her bunker. It would have probably made more sense for Laurie to find him after killing her granddaughter's friend and chase him through the neighborhood instead.

by Anonymousreply 175April 20, 2021 5:49 PM

[QUOTE] It would have probably made more sense for Laurie to find him after killing her granddaughter's friend and chase him through the neighborhood instead.

Then how would he have gotten to her house, R175? The whole point of the movie was getting him in that basement. They probably thought that up first and then built everything else around it.

by Anonymousreply 176April 20, 2021 11:47 PM

Say what you want about these movies, but you can’t deny that they nailed the mask. The Halloween 2018 mask is right there with the original. I get chills just looking at this picture. I want no part of The Shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177April 21, 2021 12:07 AM

That is true about the mask. I still have PTSD from the one used in Part 5.

by Anonymousreply 178April 21, 2021 12:09 AM

The way he got to her house was ridiculous. The entire doctor subplot could have gone. It served no purpose but to get Michael to Laurie. They could have just as easily scrapped the entire booby trapped house bit and had her confront him elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 179April 21, 2021 12:53 AM

But the booby trapped house was awesome, R179. It led to an awesome ending, and will be the centerpiece of an awesome beginning for Halloween Kills.

by Anonymousreply 180April 21, 2021 1:24 AM

If I never have to hear Jamie Lee Curtis mispronounce the word “trauma” again when discussing these films, it’ll be too soon.

Trowma.

by Anonymousreply 181April 21, 2021 1:34 AM

The FRIDAY THE 13TH franchise turned out more good movies than the HALLOWEENS.

There are really only four HALLOWEENS worth a damn. But eight of the FRIDAY THE 13THS were good or serviceable.

by Anonymousreply 182April 21, 2021 4:46 AM

Please. Most of the Friday the 13ths sucked. What eight movies in that crapfest franchise did you think were good, R182? And don’t name that garbage first one which didn’t even have Jason in it but instead wanted us to believe that arthritic Betsy fucking Palmer was running around on a murder spree.

by Anonymousreply 183April 21, 2021 7:25 PM

The Friday the 13th series started out interesting with the first film and then decided to build a franchise by copying Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 184April 21, 2021 7:31 PM

I think the first three Friday the 13ths were good. The rest, no so much (with the exception of Jason Lives...which I thought was one of the best next to the original). Back to Halloween, I'm still having a problem with it being, what, 1am or so at the end of the last one? Is the action going to play out in the wee hours of the morning in Halloween Kills? That seems weird to me.

by Anonymousreply 185April 21, 2021 8:00 PM

Jason absolutely appeared in the original FRIDAY THE 13TH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 21, 2021 8:28 PM

And the original F13 was intended as a copy of HALLOWEEN. Producer Sean Cunningham and writer Victor Miller admit as much.

But the original HALLOWEEN was a good film — itself copying PSYCHO, BLACK CHRISTMAS and trends in giallo filmmaking, going so far as to cast Janet Leigh's daughter.

Nobody wanted to copy HALLOWEEN 3 or later.

by Anonymousreply 187April 21, 2021 8:31 PM

F13s 1-7 plus the remake all have enough scares to redeem them as adequate horror movies.

F13s 1-4, and 6 are all good movies, even if 6 was more because of humor and action rather than scares.

HALLOWEENS 3 — 11 aren't even scary and most of them are incoherent shitshows. Some are child's play with ridiculously funny cop behavior.

H20 and 2018 have the virtues of good story, acting, character, production values and moderate thrills, so they're good movies overall. But beyond 1,2, H20 and 2018, we're looking at irredeemable GARBAGE. The reviews and box office prove me right.

by Anonymousreply 188April 21, 2021 8:41 PM

I'm going to purchase my Jason Voorhees from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 1 action figure right now..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 21, 2021 8:46 PM

R185, I haven't seen 2018 in a while. Did they give any inclination what part of the night is? Since they originally envisioned this a trilogy, I don't think they would've have the first one end so late in the night if the second one was supposed to pick up right after.

by Anonymousreply 190April 22, 2021 12:52 AM

F13 1-3 was the best in any franchise. H 1,2 and H20 almost beats it. F13 part 1 is now fresh on RT. It is more respected as time goes on. It is a well done horror movie.

H Kills or Ends better not kill of Laurie. She needs to be the ultimate survivor.

by Anonymousreply 191April 22, 2021 1:42 AM

They never really specify what time it is. Since it gets darker earlier during the fall, the film could have ended at 9 pm or 4 am. Who knows?

I know Halloween Kills all takes place during the same night (with a few flashbacks to 1978), so I'm assuming they'll say the last film ended somewhere between 9 pm to midnight at the latest. As for Ends, I don't know if it will be more of the same night or if it'll start off as a continuation and then jump forward into the future.

by Anonymousreply 192April 22, 2021 5:34 PM

One of the things they got right about the original Halloween II was making it more of the same night and seamlessly transitioning from one film to the other. It had a great continuity with the original besides Laurie's awful wig. Visually and in terms of mood, it still feels a lot like the original. I've been told that Halloween Kills will be similar in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 193April 22, 2021 5:36 PM

Rob Zombie’s Halloween II ALMOST went the same route, R193. If he had stuck with that first intense sequence of Michael hunting Laurie in the hospital, he might have created one of the best films in the franchise. It felt like we had another Devil’s Rejects for the first 20 minutes. Then he veered off track with that stupid white horse bullshit and ruined the movie. I was shocked.

by Anonymousreply 194April 22, 2021 7:57 PM

R194 Funny enough, I enjoy Zombie’s “reboots” for what they are: alternate universe retellings. However, I agree that the first twenty or so minutes of his sequel were AMAZING. He had every component - the tone, atmosphere, and suspense - working perfectly before plunging into a horror-fueled Alice in Wonderland, which I also enjoyed.

by Anonymousreply 195April 22, 2021 8:29 PM

I do remember being very surprised by how great the opening to Zombie's Halloween II was. Making it all a dream put a bit of a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the movie, but I liked that he made Laurie a complete wreck and I loved Brad Dourif and Danielle Harris. That's some of the best work I've ever seen them do. Had me wishing it was a movie where Laurie was killed off 20 minutes in and the rest of it focused on them.

by Anonymousreply 196April 22, 2021 11:02 PM

For me, it all boils down to which ones I revisit the most (or at all).

They are: Halloween 1, Halloween 4, H20, and sometimes Halloween 2.

The rest are poops. I hated the 2018 reboot. What a rehash with uninspired casting. JLC really needs to get her shit together with not knowing when to say enough (didn't AA teach her to say no?).

by Anonymousreply 197April 22, 2021 11:09 PM

Suck my dick, R197.

by Anonymousreply 198April 22, 2021 11:35 PM

Halloween 5 and Halloween 6 still have the presence of Dr. Loomis as their strongest redeemable qualities. I loved seeing him always ready to battle evil, that trench coat billowing like a cape.

by Anonymousreply 199April 22, 2021 11:57 PM

R199 I love 5 and 6. The only sequel I really dislike is Halloween Resurrection. H20 irks me but it does have its own little charm. The rest range from surprisingly great to guilty pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 200April 23, 2021 12:16 AM

I

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201May 6, 2021 6:30 PM

Why hasn't anyone ever thought to chainsaw the little fucker's legs off? Same goes for Jason.

by Anonymousreply 202May 8, 2021 10:42 PM

You think Michael’s just going to let you cut his legs off, R202?

by Anonymousreply 203May 9, 2021 12:52 AM

Shit! The official trailer will probably be here in 1-2 months!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 204May 9, 2021 12:59 AM

And then they'll probably fuck up and release yet another trailer and another and then some TV spots and a few more Instagram ads until we've seen all the best parts of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 205May 9, 2021 2:07 AM

That’s called marketing and promotion, R205. What would you have them do, release a single still-frame image and call it a day? Have nobody in the country other than us horror fans even knowing that the movie is coming out?

by Anonymousreply 206May 9, 2021 12:43 PM

You do realize there are ways to promote a film without spoiling every single death scene, right? A24's marketing team is incredible at this. They give you a taste of the tone and story of the film without spoiling everything. Blumhouse just shows you all the best parts so you don't have to go see the movie. They did it with just about every film they've put out.

by Anonymousreply 207May 9, 2021 5:12 PM

I knew De Niro was the killer in Hide and Seek from one shot in the commercial promos.

by Anonymousreply 208May 9, 2021 5:28 PM

And don't forget the awful marketing for What Lies Beneath. The trailers already told us Harrison Ford was involved and the ghost haunting them isn't the neighbor lady, so we spend over an hour sitting through a bunch of shit we know is going to turn out to be a dead end. Without seeing the trailers, it's a great piece of misdirection that would have worked really well and kept the audience on its toes.

by Anonymousreply 209May 9, 2021 5:42 PM

Halloween 5 is unmitigated garbage, especially coming off the high of 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210May 9, 2021 6:23 PM

Halloween 5 is a great reminder of what happens when you fast track a sequel just to get it out within a year. It almost never ends well.

by Anonymousreply 211May 9, 2021 7:01 PM

R211 AMEN. I showed a friend H4 and 5 recently (first timer). He loved 4, was excited by the twist. 5 made him angry. Trying to get him to watch 6.

by Anonymousreply 212May 9, 2021 7:03 PM

Sometimes I think of a funny comment posted here once about H5. They referred to it as Wendy Kaplan and the Electric Boogaloo. I thought it had some good scenes, such as when Michael kills that hot chick in the barn. I thought Wendy was pretty hot, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 10, 2021 12:43 AM

in Friday the 13th 3 he was hanging at the very end, r203. She should have sawed those fuckers off!

by Anonymousreply 214May 10, 2021 12:48 AM

New image of Michael released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215May 14, 2021 7:07 PM

I can’t wait for this.

by Anonymousreply 216May 14, 2021 7:08 PM

In spite of my not loving the last one, something tells me this one is going to be a lot better. Maybe it's just that I haven't seen a horror movie in theaters in well over a year now and I'm excited to see one with a packed house. There's nothing else like it.

by Anonymousreply 217May 14, 2021 7:32 PM

Worse comes to worst, it’s mediocre. It could be a disappointment. But it won’t be a bad movie. We won’t go see it and walk out feeling like we wasted our time and money. It will at least be a fun ride. I could never get tired of watching Michael Myers. He’s one of the greatest characters in the history of cinema.

by Anonymousreply 218May 14, 2021 9:55 PM

Leaving aside what Carpenter said about this sequel, the preview/test screenings they did well over a year ago (or a year ago?) were off the charts. It was pretty much raves and there is no doubt that the film will be better than the first.

However, I expect to read criticisms about the non stop kills and gore. It really does sound like the most violent Halloween era, which die hards will not like.

by Anonymousreply 219May 14, 2021 10:49 PM

R219, we expect you to rave worshipfully and mindlessly about it as well.

by Anonymousreply 220May 14, 2021 10:52 PM

I’ve been on an Elm Street binge and boy, those movies are mostly trash. Halloween is by far the best franchise. The worst Halloween sequels are nowhere near as bad as some of these Freddy movies.

by Anonymousreply 221May 22, 2021 2:47 PM

Yeah, Nightmare 4, 5 and 6 are terrible!

by Anonymousreply 222May 22, 2021 6:27 PM

I would also add Nightmare 2 to that list, R222. Campy homoeroticism aside, it’s a godawful movie with a terrible, incomprehensible ending. It makes Halloween 2 look like an Oscar winning film.

Grady was hot as hell, though.

by Anonymousreply 223May 22, 2021 6:38 PM

Movie theaters drop mask requirement. That means it’s full steam ahead for The Shape in exactly 140 days!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 29, 2021 1:12 AM

How ironic. We no longer have to wear a mask to see a guy in a mask.

by Anonymousreply 225May 29, 2021 3:41 AM

If there’s a Covid resurge in the fall, I’ll rent a theater for myself to watch alone.

by Anonymousreply 226May 29, 2021 7:22 AM

June 8th and nothing? Very disappointed with the marketing.

by Anonymousreply 227June 8, 2021 4:42 PM

Was something supposed to happen?

by Anonymousreply 228June 8, 2021 4:55 PM

Oh no R227 how will they ever effectively marketing the unknown property that is Halloween

by Anonymousreply 229June 8, 2021 4:59 PM

Yes, R228. They should’ve at least released the poster by now.

by Anonymousreply 230June 8, 2021 5:38 PM

I'd expect something by July or certainly August. A part of me hopes they just add a few extra clips to the teaser trailer and call it a day. They spoiled too much of the last movie in the trailers.

by Anonymousreply 231June 8, 2021 6:16 PM

Horror movies always show too much in the trailers. I like seeing them on the fest circuit or advance screenings. I saw Don't Breathe at SXSW. The theatrical trailer months later gave 80% of the twists away. I'm perfectly fine not seeing more for Halloween Kills.

by Anonymousreply 232June 8, 2021 6:43 PM

I never understood why they don’t just film extra shit specifically for trailers that won’t actually be in the movie. Throw some deleted scenes in there or something. That’s what I’d be doing.

I know there were a few scenes in TV commercials for H2018 that never appeared in the movie. They did heavy reshoots after test screenings, including a whole new ending.

by Anonymousreply 233June 8, 2021 6:49 PM

The hype for this is huge. They need not release another trailer and, quite frankly, I’d prefer it that way. There are a lot of casual and diehard fans of the franchise; it’s an eclectic group which has added even more fans since the reboot. I say, let the word of mouth and, hopefully, critics’ reviews do the work.

Considering that by October things should feel more normal than they have in a while, I think this might turn out to be an even bigger smash than the first reboot.

And remember, SPEED KILLS!

by Anonymousreply 234June 9, 2021 2:44 AM

R234- I think it will do the same business or slightly more.

Those reviews of the test screenings were glowing and better than Halloween 2018.

by Anonymousreply 235June 9, 2021 2:47 AM

R235 I think it’s going to be much more successful. Carpenter saying - and I quote - “It's brilliant. It's the ultimate slasher. I mean, there's nothing more than this one. Wow! Man,” sealed the deal for me. He didn’t even rave about the first reboot save for some comments about liking “the direction” it was headed towards. Couple this with the test screening raves and the en masse cabin fever looking for release, and I think we’ve got a huge hit, girls.

It feels so good to feel so excited about a Halloween pic again.

by Anonymousreply 236June 9, 2021 2:57 AM

R236- You actually may be right!!!! I am psyched for this one too

by Anonymousreply 237June 9, 2021 3:03 AM

Yes, you’re excited but the average person walking the street doesn’t know or give a shit about what John Carpenter said about the movie. That’s what marketing is for, and it means multiple trailers, posters, action figures, behind the scenes docs, soundtrack music, magazine articles, lots of commercials and positive word of mouth from viewers and critics alike. You don’t just rest on your laurels cause horror fans are hype.

It also doesn’t help that it’s now been three years since H2018, so the studio will feel more pressure to market the hell out of it.

by Anonymousreply 238June 9, 2021 3:06 AM

R238 I said no. Now move it along, toots.

by Anonymousreply 239June 9, 2021 3:08 AM

Today is actually the 3rd anniversary of Halloween 2018’s full trailer release. Yes, it was June 8th 2018 when they dropped it on us. And that was after the poster. So they’re definitely behind schedule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 9, 2021 3:12 AM

I didn't realize half of DL worked at Blumhouse

by Anonymousreply 241June 9, 2021 4:02 AM

[quote] It also doesn’t help that it’s now been three years since H2018

Um, why is that a problem exactly? 7 years went by between Halloween 2 and Halloween 4 and Halloween 4 was #1 for two weeks at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 242June 9, 2021 10:56 AM

R242 And the 2018 reboot was released nearly ten years after the last entry of the series (Zombie’s Halloween 2) and went on become the highest grossing film of the franchise.

by Anonymousreply 243June 9, 2021 12:01 PM

[QUOTE] Um, why is that a problem exactly?

That was in response to R234’s suggestion that they don’t need to release a full trailer because the hype for this is so huge. That might have been the case if it came out last year but after three years people definitely need marketing to remind them that another entry is coming.

[QUOTE] And the 2018 reboot was released nearly ten years after the last entry of the series (Zombie’s Halloween 2) and went on become the highest grossing film of the franchise.

Yes, and it also had millions of dollars of marketing and more in free publicity due to Jamie Lee Curtis’ return, along with multiple trailers which you all claim “spoiled everything.” My point is that Blumhouse will need to do the same in order to make Kills a success.

by Anonymousreply 244June 9, 2021 12:43 PM

R244 I said [italic]no[/italic], toots.

by Anonymousreply 245June 9, 2021 12:51 PM

Well it’s going to happen anyway, R245. Jason Blum will open the floodgates any day now.

My personal opinion: I think the holdup was internal trepidation about whether movie theaters would be humming enough to guarantee success, or if Kills still needed a simultaneous streaming release. They were probably watching the box office numbers to determine the best route, and you can’t produce a marketing plan without knowing where and how the damn movie will be released. But theaters are bouncing back and I think they’re growing confident in a theater-only strategy for Kills.

by Anonymousreply 246June 9, 2021 1:08 PM

[quote] whether movie theaters would be humming enough

Your words turn me on, R246. They make me think about lots of things…

Now, why don’t we [italic]not[/italic] stand here talking about them and get down to [italic]doing them[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 247June 9, 2021 1:27 PM

R242 Halloween 4 wasn't nearly as successful as people make it out to be

It made nearly $17 million in the US but SOLD LESS ticket's than Halloween III, it made more money but ticket prices were higher in 1988 than 1982

Halloween 5 did even worse and made HIII look like a box office blockbuster

The general public does not care about non JLC starring Halloween films

by Anonymousreply 248June 9, 2021 2:20 PM

R248 I believe H4 doubled, if not tripled, it’s budget in box office intake. And considering how reviled H3 was - I actually like it - that was no small feat.

by Anonymousreply 249June 9, 2021 3:27 PM

r5 Check your local listings for drive by shootings schedule before you commit to a theatre outing.

by Anonymousreply 250June 9, 2021 3:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251June 9, 2021 5:28 PM

HALLOWEEN Loon @ r236, you really need to get more going on in your life than waiting around for HALLOWEEN sequels.

2018's movie was mediocre and underwhelming. You have no reason to expect anything great from this team of producers again. It was mildly intriguing and nostalgic, but I wasn't scared.

by Anonymousreply 252June 9, 2021 5:40 PM

R252 You type retarded.

by Anonymousreply 253June 9, 2021 5:55 PM

McDonald's should do a Michael Myers combo meal as part of the marketing campaign.

by Anonymousreply 254June 9, 2021 5:59 PM

R252 stops by to shit on the fans here daily. They like it better if we hated H2018. I was waiting since yesterday for the arrival.

by Anonymousreply 255June 9, 2021 6:04 PM

[QUOTE] you really need to get more going on in your life than waiting around for HALLOWEEN sequels.

What the hell could be better than waiting for a new Halloween movie?

by Anonymousreply 256June 9, 2021 6:27 PM

R249 H4 cost $5 million to make and made $17.8 million

HIII cost 2.5 million to make and made $14.4 million

HIII was more successful

Also HIII was a theatrical release everywhere, 4 went direct to video in many major markets including most of Europe

Both films made money, but 4 was NOWHERE near as successful as history rewriters make it out to be and HIII was very profitable, more profitable internationally as well

The box office numbers listed was US only numbers

it wasn't until H20, $55 million US, $80 million worldwide against a robust $17 million ($5 million going to JLC to star) that the Halloween series TRULY came back big and was embraced by the general public in a big way, not just the core horror fan base who was it's audience from HIII-H6

by Anonymousreply 257June 9, 2021 6:32 PM

[quote] The general public does not care about non JLC starring Halloween films

What an idiotic statement.

by Anonymousreply 258June 9, 2021 6:32 PM

R258 how is it idiotic when its the truth?

The three lowest grossing films (adjusted for inflation) of the 11 film series are 4, 6 and 5 in dead last

HIII sold more tickets than those three films

The ONLY JLC one that did really well at the box office was Rob Zombies first remake, during the horror remake mania period

In fact, Miramax greenlit Halloween 7 in 1996 with a paltry $2 million budget and it was gonna go direct fo video and focus on Loomis' daughter , due to the back to back floppage of 5 and 6, it was the next direction for the series. Also since part 4, the series had already gone direct to video in many international countries due to lack of interest from the general public

JLC decided to do a 20th anniversary Halloween movie in 1997 and called Miramax, the H7 script waa chucked and it became a huge budget/wide release theatrical H20, with a $17 million budget and JLC earning a cool $5 million to star

She got butts back in the seats and kept the series from a Hellraiser type DTV fate

by Anonymousreply 259June 9, 2021 6:42 PM

R258 is Danielle Harris

Still bitter and preparing for her next no budget, direct to streaming horror film

by Anonymousreply 260June 9, 2021 6:45 PM

5 and 6 were both messy disorganized films. Quality of the script overall matters.

by Anonymousreply 261June 9, 2021 6:45 PM

I’ve said several times in here that Halloween: H20 was one of the most important films in the franchise, but I didn’t know how much Jamie Lee had a personal hand in the film’s creation.

by Anonymousreply 262June 9, 2021 6:45 PM

R262 Really, Curtis’ return is the only thing that makes it important.

by Anonymousreply 263June 9, 2021 6:47 PM

R262 according to many siurces, she was an "uncredited producer" she was extremely involved and there's a documentary on YouTube and you see her behind the scenes trying to come up with ideas and ways to better scenes, scenes she wasn't even in

Basically what an on set producer does

by Anonymousreply 264June 9, 2021 6:47 PM

The BTS of the franchise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 9, 2021 6:49 PM

How many of you have seen R86?

by Anonymousreply 266June 9, 2021 6:51 PM

So the HALLOWEEN LOON is still trying to polish the turds that were H4 and H5?

Where's Doctor Loomis with his pistol when you need him?

by Anonymousreply 267June 9, 2021 7:04 PM

Because R259, they still did okay for being the 4th, 5th and 6th sequels at a time when horror was not in vogue anymore. And if you've ever been to a convention, there are plenty of fans for those installments.

And as for H20, by the mid-90s all horror franchises and horror movies in general were in bad shape so it's no shocker that it was originally meant to be direct to video.

And R260, how else to expect me to pay for the fillers and surgery that have fucked up my face?

by Anonymousreply 268June 9, 2021 7:06 PM

R467 I admit H5 was a turd. You're wrong about 4

by Anonymousreply 269June 9, 2021 7:07 PM

R266 I found it rather engrossing, especially considering that it is fan made.

by Anonymousreply 270June 9, 2021 7:10 PM

R267 Oh god, you’re the “loon” LOON. Didn’t you have a breakdown in the recent Texas Chainsaw Massacre thread about some irrelevant factoid or other? [italic]You[/italic] seem obsessed with horror movies and the most irrelevant details about them. You probably love the Friday the 13th franchise, too. ::shudder::

Move it along, toots. Also, speed kills.

(To DL: Subtle, isn’t he?)

by Anonymousreply 271June 9, 2021 7:16 PM

R268 yes 4-6 has fans that leave and breathe horror and go to horror conventions

But what part of "they didn't appeal to the GENERAL PUBLIC" don't you understand?

GP as in people who know, Halloween, Michael Myers and Jamie Lee and who would be pursuaded to see JLC battle him again but aren't die hards who go to conventions

People who don't know who Danielle Harris is, in other words

I know people who saw H18 and think JLC was in EVERY Halloween film, the GP doesn't really remember 4-6, if they seen them at all

by Anonymousreply 272June 9, 2021 7:18 PM

😂 I love the debates that get sparked in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 273June 9, 2021 7:18 PM

R257 Interesting. So, H4 cost $11,287,151.31 to make and earned $40,182,258.66 by today’s numbers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274June 9, 2021 7:24 PM

R274 which is shit compared to what H18 made H4is the 9th biggest ticket seller out of 11 films, only 6 and 5 sold less tickets

Damn, the horrible Halloween Resurrection sold more tickets than H4. That JLC cameo....

by Anonymousreply 275June 9, 2021 7:45 PM

H4 missed being on the list of Top 50 Highest Grossing Horror Films of the 1980s by a hair, according to IMDB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276June 9, 2021 9:33 PM

Halloween 4 might be the best sequel. It rivals Halloween II in terms of quality and atmosphere, arguably surpassing it. If only the mask was better and they cut that ridiculous scene in the school where Michael suddenly has an orange afro, it would get a lot more respect.

by Anonymousreply 277June 9, 2021 9:53 PM

R277 I remember being so intrigued by and reading so much into that blonde-haired mask scene as a prepubescent boy I was like, “This oddity holds the key to all of the secrets and answers to Michael and Haddonfield, and ain’t going to find out how and why!” 😂

I later found out it was a simple mistake and oversight during production reshoots.

by Anonymousreply 278June 9, 2021 10:23 PM

Nope, r271.

That was some other Loon in Texas Chainsaw.

Maybe the same Loon because there is a Devil’s Advocate Horror Loon who always tries to aggrandize widely disliked horror sequel flops like H4, H5, H6 and Excocist 3. She melts down when confronted with anything other than his personal, shitty taste and loser status.

by Anonymousreply 279June 9, 2021 11:20 PM

I love 1995's HALLOWEEN 666! Especially the Producer's Cut!

Just watched H20 again last weekend and still hated it. NO Halloween music! Yuck!

JLC's "alcoholism" messages she forced into the script - blech!

LL Cool J doing the same role he would do the next year in that shark movie - lame!

by Anonymousreply 280June 9, 2021 11:27 PM

R280 I agree with all of your points!

by Anonymousreply 281June 9, 2021 11:28 PM

R280 = r281.

That’s what happens when you’re a fucking loon completely out-of-touch with what impresses the sane.

by Anonymousreply 282June 9, 2021 11:33 PM

LOON Troll at R282 who only worships at the altar of Jason Blum.

by Anonymousreply 283June 9, 2021 11:34 PM

R282 Leave me out of your delusions, dear.

Apparently, little Lindsay Wallace never knew what hit her.

by Anonymousreply 284June 9, 2021 11:48 PM

[quote] But what part of "they didn't appeal to the GENERAL PUBLIC" don't you understand?

Halloween 4 was the first Halloween I ever saw and I saw it in the theater. I had heard that Jamie Lee Curtis was in earlier films but never saw them. So count me in the GENERAL PUBLIC crowd.

by Anonymousreply 285June 10, 2021 12:03 AM

R285 that's sweat and I like H4, but its box office/ticket sales indicate, it didn't appeal to the general public

I mean HIII sold more tickets than H4 for godsakes

The top ones in terms of tickets sold in the US are:

1. Halloween 78

2. Halloween 18

3. H20

4. RZ H

5. HII

6. H Resurrection

7. RZ HII

8. HIII

9. H4

10. H6

11. H5

Notice a trend people?

by Anonymousreply 286June 10, 2021 1:11 AM

R286 I think most of us would agree that having JLC in a Halloween sequel ups the interest in said sequel.

Also, while HIII may have done better in terms of box-office, I also think it was partly responsible for the declining box office of subsequent sequels. The general public and even fans no longer could trust that Michael would be the star of the show.

Nevertheless, I adore the Halloween franchise as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 287June 10, 2021 1:32 AM

[quote] The general public and even fans no longer could trust that Michael would be the star of the show.

Hence The Return, Revenge and Curse of Michael Myers subtitles

by Anonymousreply 288June 10, 2021 12:06 PM

R288 You do have a point, lol. I still think HIII had a negative impact overall, even though I kind of love it.

by Anonymousreply 289June 10, 2021 2:43 PM

I don’t know what’s going on, but if this is pointing towards another delay for the movie I will absolutely flip my shit. I’ll go on a rampage!

by Anonymousreply 290June 10, 2021 4:23 PM

R290 Calm down, Tommy Doyle.

by Anonymousreply 291June 10, 2021 4:27 PM

You need to calm down. It's only June.

by Anonymousreply 292June 10, 2021 4:56 PM

At this time in 2018, both the poster and full trailer for Halloween 2018 had already been released! So don’t tell me “It’s only June” goddamnit! The summer is when you get the hype machine cranked up for September-October horror movie releases.

by Anonymousreply 293June 10, 2021 8:21 PM

R293 take a Xanax.

by Anonymousreply 294June 10, 2021 8:30 PM

Blumhouse is a tacky company. Jason Blum takes a big cut of his movies while paying the talent almost zilch.

by Anonymousreply 295June 11, 2021 4:34 PM

R295 bot entirely true, the big stars who worked for him got scale but negotiated a percentage of the box office

Jamie Lee ended up making between $10-$20 million for H18 when all was said and done

by Anonymousreply 296June 11, 2021 6:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297June 12, 2021 9:19 PM

Exactly four months (October 15th) until Halloween Kills. 🎃

by Anonymousreply 298June 15, 2021 4:03 PM

I can't wait for summer to be over. So looking forward to this movie.

by Anonymousreply 299June 15, 2021 6:34 PM

Yeah there is nothing redeemable about summer anymore. It sucks.

by Anonymousreply 300June 16, 2021 2:28 AM

Apparently the full trailer is showing with The Forever Purge. But how the fuck is it not online yet? Why wouldn’t Blumhouse just release it online first?

by Anonymousreply 301June 24, 2021 1:51 PM

I'm getting very impatient. This is my Oscar role, you know!

by Anonymousreply 302June 24, 2021 2:21 PM

Forget what I said in R301. The Kills trailer is showing before Fast & Furious 9, not Purge.

by Anonymousreply 303June 24, 2021 2:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304June 24, 2021 7:01 PM

Here ya go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 25, 2021 2:15 AM

Holy cow!!! Wow

by Anonymousreply 306June 25, 2021 2:24 AM

Looks like Kyle doesn't make it.

by Anonymousreply 307June 25, 2021 2:30 AM

Kim. Put down the wine.

by Anonymousreply 308June 25, 2021 2:31 AM

That’s the best goddamn horror trailer ever made. It was worth the wait and definitely lived up to all expectations.

by Anonymousreply 309June 25, 2021 12:44 PM

That's what I said about Jason Takes Manhattan. And look what we got.

by Anonymousreply 310June 25, 2021 12:50 PM

Was that Marion hanging with the H3 witch mask ? Looks like the clothes she has on in the car scene.

by Anonymousreply 311June 25, 2021 12:54 PM

😂😂😂 Funny, R310.

The signs were there from the beginning that Jason Takes Manhattan would suck, however, like when word spread that they didn’t actually film it in New York. There’s nothing like that for Kills. All signs point to this being epic, and the trailer supports it.

by Anonymousreply 312June 25, 2021 12:57 PM

Something tells me Jamie Lee Curtis will be in the move for like 10 minutes a la Halloween 2. We probably saw all her scenes in the trailer as she was only on set for 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 313June 25, 2021 1:06 PM

R313 Probably right. She'll be more the focus of "Halloween Ends"

by Anonymousreply 314June 25, 2021 1:40 PM

It would just be ghastly if Kylie dies brutally, violently, and in a sea of blood in this film.

by Anonymousreply 315June 25, 2021 2:19 PM

Yes, it’s clear that Laurie is playing the background until Halloween: Ends when either she kills Michael or he kills her. Regardless I hope they don’t think it’s time to stop making Halloween movies.

by Anonymousreply 316June 25, 2021 4:00 PM

Don't worry, they'll reboot it again with an entirely new cast as Jamie Lee will be truly done with these.

by Anonymousreply 317June 25, 2021 4:39 PM

I don’t want Dr. Loomis’ nurse to die.

by Anonymousreply 318June 25, 2021 6:21 PM

Jamie Lee will take another break and return when she's 80 for a true, final send off.

by Anonymousreply 319June 25, 2021 6:26 PM

That’s fine be me, R319. So long as they keep making more Halloween movies without her.

by Anonymousreply 320June 25, 2021 7:27 PM

After Jamie Lee promised she was done with Halloween when she did H20 and came back for that crappy contractually obligated cameo in Resurrection where they killed her off, only to sign back on nearly 20 years later to this new trilogy, I would learn to never say never with her. She'll be back. Even if they kill her off in Ends, I wouldn't put it past her to return at some other point down the road.

by Anonymousreply 321June 25, 2021 8:13 PM

That would be great, a nursing home slasher film. Michael chasing Laurie, both with walkers. They both stop midway to take a nap.

by Anonymousreply 322June 26, 2021 2:23 PM

Funny. But I think eventually they’re just going to say that Michael doesn’t age due to his supernaturalism.

by Anonymousreply 323June 26, 2021 2:27 PM

Jamie lee is a self proclaimed addict. She cannot quit her addiction to a Halloween paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 324June 26, 2021 2:35 PM

Who else appreciates her as an actress more than Halloween fans, R324? We are the ones who kept her relevant for over 40 years now.

by Anonymousreply 325June 26, 2021 9:42 PM

I love JLC. She is very genuine and because of that, she is not that likable in real life. She is the real deal.

Good- solid- actress.

NO issues with JLC.

by Anonymousreply 326June 26, 2021 9:49 PM

Watching other people give shitty performances in horror movies really makes you appreciate what Jamie Lee does in these movies. I always believe her even when the material is crap. She's able to project a believable vulnerability. Her screams feel real and primal.

by Anonymousreply 327June 27, 2021 3:06 AM

Amen brotha (or sista) R327

by Anonymousreply 328June 27, 2021 3:08 AM

Stop creating redundant threads to post about the same thing, losers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329June 27, 2021 7:09 AM

This thread was started last year idiot

by Anonymousreply 330June 28, 2021 11:50 AM

[quote]Sigourney Weaver is the poor man’s Sigourney Weaver.

I want you to repeatedly try and impregnate me.

by Anonymousreply 331June 28, 2021 12:15 PM

The theater box office is still so weak. I think they’ll be forced to release it on streaming/iTunes now.

by Anonymousreply 332July 27, 2021 11:38 PM

But I want to see it in a theater with an urban crowd.

by Anonymousreply 333July 28, 2021 3:23 AM

Me too, R333. But it doesn’t really make a difference. I’ll see it however way I can.

by Anonymousreply 334July 28, 2021 2:27 PM

We should be getting a lot of news soon.

by Anonymousreply 335August 24, 2021 12:38 AM

Like postponed until 2022?

by Anonymousreply 336August 24, 2021 6:18 PM

There will be no postponement, R336. They can’t afford it. The movie will be released one way or another. It might end up available to stream after a couple weeks if the box office numbers are bad.

by Anonymousreply 337August 25, 2021 1:27 PM

I need to hear Shaneka in the row behind me say "Hail no, girl, don't go in there!"

by Anonymousreply 338August 25, 2021 4:02 PM

R338 You’re more likely to hear Dee Plorable bitching about her kids having to wear masks like, “My RIGHTS ARE VIOLATED. MY KIDS CAN’T BREATHE IN A MASK. THIS IS COMMUNISM!!!!!” “Ma’am, your children are all under 10 going to see I violent movie.” “THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN!!!!!!”

by Anonymousreply 339August 25, 2021 9:34 PM

LOL R339. You're probably right.

by Anonymousreply 340August 26, 2021 12:48 AM

I need it now

by Anonymousreply 341September 5, 2021 2:21 AM

R341 = Typical whore.

by Anonymousreply 342September 5, 2021 12:29 PM

Buckle up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343September 8, 2021 3:25 PM

This franchise is dead to me until they bring back Danielle Harris.

by Anonymousreply 344September 8, 2021 3:28 PM

R344 = Danielle Harris

by Anonymousreply 345September 8, 2021 3:29 PM

New track from the soundtrack released

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346September 8, 2021 3:43 PM

Wow. ^^ That's pretty spooky. I can't wait for this movie. I am betting major $$ at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 347September 8, 2021 5:37 PM

New track has some Assault on Precinct 13 and Halloween III vibes. I could do without the dog barking.

by Anonymousreply 348September 8, 2021 5:39 PM

No joke fuckers- Early review from Venice Film Festival-

KYLE RICHARDS is a standout and does a great job.

(No joke)

by Anonymousreply 349September 8, 2021 7:26 PM

New image from the movie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350September 8, 2021 7:52 PM

Some figure skater, or maybe a pair team, needs to do a program to the soundtrack R346 posted.

by Anonymousreply 351September 8, 2021 7:53 PM

Uh oh, the critics are trashing it. Debuts with a 56% score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352September 8, 2021 8:48 PM

R352, it's a horror movie. And it's got 9 reviews. 2018 had over 350 when all was said and done

by Anonymousreply 353September 8, 2021 9:00 PM

Yeah but the numbers don’t tend to move up from their original score, R353. Halloween 2018’s numbers barely budged the more reviews came in, and the score went down. This will in all likelihood be Kills’ peak.

by Anonymousreply 354September 8, 2021 9:08 PM

Lmao, two more reviews came in and it’s down to 45% now.

by Anonymousreply 355September 8, 2021 9:15 PM

I'll wait til the horror critics review. But regardless I'm seeing it opening weekend, if not sooner.

by Anonymousreply 356September 8, 2021 9:54 PM

I expect it to be a bit of a letdown. Plus, critics don’t like sequels to horror films generally. It will still be a very entertaining movie. That said, if they don’t get this right they need to make sure they get the last one pitch perfect.

I don’t want Loomis’ nurse to get killed. I feel she is an extension of him and want her to live. So many are returning to hunt Michael from the original I know many will die. I think it will be very sad.

by Anonymousreply 357September 8, 2021 10:01 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358September 8, 2021 10:14 PM

Seeing what happens in the movie while that song at R346 plays is worth it alone.

by Anonymousreply 359September 8, 2021 10:54 PM

This track was released a few weeks ago, but I don't see it in the thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360September 8, 2021 10:55 PM

It seems like the traditional movie critics are lamenting a serious lack of suspense and scares, while pure horror critics love the high body count and savagery of the kills.

by Anonymousreply 361September 8, 2021 11:03 PM

I want him to finally kill that bitch Laurie , slice off her head and put it on a pike.

by Anonymousreply 362September 8, 2021 11:03 PM

There’s one more film to go, R362, so that obviously isn’t happening here. But you might get your wish with the next film: Halloween Ends.

If you don’t like Laurie, though, then this is the one for you as she apparently has a much smaller presence. Like she’s barely in it.

by Anonymousreply 363September 8, 2021 11:07 PM

That Rampage song is hard as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 364September 8, 2021 11:17 PM

Venice is such a weird place for it to premiere. Why not TIFF, which actually has a horror section?

by Anonymousreply 365September 9, 2021 3:38 AM

It’s getting a streaming release after all. Get ready to sign up for Peacock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366September 10, 2021 12:07 AM

R366 I’ll see it in the theater then rewatch on Peacock.

by Anonymousreply 367September 10, 2021 12:35 AM

I want to go to the theater but I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 368September 10, 2021 12:46 AM

Scared of what, R368?

by Anonymousreply 369September 10, 2021 3:21 AM

That I won't be able to make ANY sense out of those COMMERCIALS for OBSESSION? About Covid. Rose!

by Anonymousreply 370September 10, 2021 3:41 AM

R370 Go on a day when you know many people won’t be there.

by Anonymousreply 371September 10, 2021 4:08 AM

That’s any day, R371. Especially after the first weekend. Box office numbers are way down, which is why Universal shifted at the last minute and did a simultaneous streaming release on Peacock.

by Anonymousreply 372September 10, 2021 7:58 AM

R346 Intriguing. I like. Quite a bit, actually.

by Anonymousreply 373September 12, 2021 4:02 AM

Stop reading this thread unless you want the plot of HALLOWEEN KILLS completely spoiled for you.

Remember the Halloween Loon dirty-bombed the HALLOWEEN 2018 threads with the ending and all the spoilers before that movie opened, thanks to Google and the comments left by film festival viewers.

Don't make the same mistake — just ignore all HALLOWEEN threads and the Halloween Loon until after you've seen it.

by Anonymousreply 374September 23, 2021 1:10 AM

Looks like Hawkins is alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375September 26, 2021 12:17 AM

Does Kyle die? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 376September 26, 2021 12:21 AM

I can tell from the trailers that she does die, R376.

by Anonymousreply 377September 26, 2021 6:53 PM

377 In that case, I'm ordering advance tickets.

by Anonymousreply 378September 26, 2021 7:24 PM

It sucks how spoilerific the trailers have been.

by Anonymousreply 379September 27, 2021 11:20 PM

I know I’m going to be disappointed, but this should be entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 380September 28, 2021 4:00 AM

Can't be worse than Rob Zombie's films.

by Anonymousreply 381September 28, 2021 12:43 PM

Or the other sequels, R381. I’m sure it will be right behind Halloween II, Halloween 4, Halloween H20 and Halloween 2018.

by Anonymousreply 382September 28, 2021 7:18 PM

Ahead of H4. Anything with JLC is automatically above that.

I may be in the minority, but I want a long last movie. I want everything fleshed the fuck out. I want story along with the kills and terror.

by Anonymousreply 383September 28, 2021 11:38 PM

Yeah but I don’t want it to really end. Michael Myers can go on forever.

by Anonymousreply 384September 29, 2021 12:00 AM

I do not under any circumstances want Laurie Strode to die. It would really take away from the first movie. She is supposed to be the ultimate final girl.

I think rebooting it would be ideal after H2022. Have Laurie kill Michael then start over with a new story.

They really screwed the pooch not going with H20’s timeline.

by Anonymousreply 385September 29, 2021 12:21 AM

Why Jason Blum decided to do a streaming release:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386October 1, 2021 1:21 PM

If they try to make MM “supernatural” I will not watch the final movie. No thanks. What makes him scary is that he is human but is so fucking crazy it gives him abilities most humans don’t have.

It appears this new movie will not live up to the hype we heard earlier about test audiences going wild. Hardly any Laurie? UGH! I do like the original living victims coming back to get him. I hate so many will die. I don’t want Loomis’ nurse to die- she is the only one alive who had sustained contact with MM. She could be the key to help Laurie finally kill him. I hated when they killed her in H20 but it was a great scene. And made sense.

by Anonymousreply 387October 6, 2021 10:58 AM

Come on, R387. How can you believe that Michael is human?

by Anonymousreply 388October 6, 2021 12:45 PM

Good thing it’s streaming on release. I’ll be able to find a torrent.

by Anonymousreply 389October 6, 2021 12:50 PM

R388 Because being supernatural is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 390October 6, 2021 9:58 PM

No more stupid than believing that a 64 year old man keeps escaping from prison and going on murder sprees where he’s shot multiple times yet somehow continues without medical treatment, R390. How many bullets does Michael have in him now?

by Anonymousreply 391October 6, 2021 11:57 PM

R391 So, he was captured after the original so he had medical treatment. Also, psychos are sometimes known to have super strength when they are hunting. He may not feel pain stimuli. There are many explanations. That being said, him being supernatural is so stupid and would make me never watch again. Jason being a zombie was RIDICULOUS.

by Anonymousreply 392October 7, 2021 12:10 AM

He was captured AFTER Loomis put six revolver slugs in his torso at point blank range, he fell off a second story balcony onto a concrete patio then got up and kept moving like it was nothing. You don’t find that a bit far-fetched for a human being?

And his capture is a retcon. What about the other 8 friggin movies, including Halloween II where he got shot four or five more times, got up, kept killing, got shot in his friggin eyes, kept moving, got set on fire and somehow made it to Halloween 4 with his vision intact? Were you onboard then? Did you stop watching all these movies after 1978 and climbed back on the wagon 40 years later? Cause there’s no way Michael was a human before the 2018 retcon.

by Anonymousreply 393October 7, 2021 12:48 AM

R393 I found a lot of it far fetched but it was entertaining. People with mental issues can do a lot. That said, how many times was he down on his back passed out after much less than gun shots? Like Laurie stabbing him in the neck or eye? I mean come on!

He has a mental issue where he blocks out pain I guess.

by Anonymousreply 394October 7, 2021 9:05 AM

He may be able to block pain temporarily but he can’t block death, R394. Unless he’s not human.

by Anonymousreply 395October 7, 2021 2:59 PM

Halloween Kills’ Rotten Tomatoes rating has now crossed into positive territory at 61%. Hallelujah! That would still make it like the third or fourth best rated movie in the franchise.

by Anonymousreply 396October 7, 2021 6:31 PM

R396- The fans who saw it at that screening a week ago (granted- probably different from normal critics) are raving on IMDB. Apparently there really is a plot and some emotion underneath the savagery! And I guess the kills are super realistic-

by Anonymousreply 397October 7, 2021 8:13 PM

R395 Halloween and H2 pushed reality big time when he was shot so many times yet kept going. Again, people can go a long time after being shot, yes multiple times without medical treatment (watch any ‘I Survived’ and you’ll see some people survive horrific injuries without treatment for hours, days, even weeks).

Again, gun shots don’t stop him but he falls down and can barely get up after a coat hanger to the eye or sewing pin to the neck? WHAT? Don’t say he was “faking” because then that would make him stupid since he could have gotten Laurie if he didn’t wilt after being stabbed with a pin.

Him being supernatural is ludicrous. No no no no no. He’s scarier believing he is some version of a human and more could be out there.

by Anonymousreply 398October 7, 2021 8:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399October 9, 2021 1:15 AM

R396- Its back ton being Rotten again :( And it will probably get worse after the official release. But even 55% is pretty decent for a hardcore bloody slasher.

Fans from the screenings apparently love it, and the Test Screening from 2020 was stellar.

I cannot wait for this film.

by Anonymousreply 400October 9, 2021 12:03 PM

I’m seeing 62%, R400. Not Rotten. Actually went up 1% with a couple more reviews.

by Anonymousreply 401October 9, 2021 12:16 PM

Sorry R396- I am wrong! Its 62% again and fresh as a daisy!

by Anonymousreply 402October 9, 2021 12:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403October 10, 2021 9:12 PM

I like the idea of a lot of the original cast coming back. I personally think they should not kill any of them off in this movie. Wait until Ends to kill any off. I still want the nurse to live. I’d like her to get in a good stab into MM. It would be cool to see all of them kill him with LS giving him the fatal blow.

by Anonymousreply 404October 12, 2021 11:58 AM

R404 I disagree. I think it's quite important that Kyle die...in a grisly, horrific fashion.

by Anonymousreply 405October 12, 2021 1:39 PM

Agreed Lisa. A knife in the cunt would be PERFECT!

by Anonymousreply 406October 12, 2021 1:41 PM

Fuck me! Its Rotten again!!

by Anonymousreply 407October 12, 2021 4:25 PM

Why are y'all taking Rotten Tomatoes so seriously? The scores on there for most horror films are almost always terrible unless it's some A24 movie.

by Anonymousreply 408October 12, 2021 4:38 PM

Because the RT rating is almost always right. And Halloween 2018 was very highly rated, R408. In fact all the good classic horror movies are appropriately rated on there.

by Anonymousreply 409October 12, 2021 5:59 PM

Here's the newest trailer that features Kyle prominently in the beginning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410October 12, 2021 6:03 PM

Does anyone else feel like most critics gave the last Halloween movie good reviews because of the whole #MeToo thing they kept pushing during the promotion of the movie? I was lured into seeing it by all the reviews promising a return to form and how it was the scariest one since the original and there wasn't a single suspenseful or scary scene. There was even some quack on here saying Jamie Lee would get an Oscar nom for her incredibly emotional performance and her character ended up being so flatly written.

Did everyone lose their minds? H20 already covered this ground and handled her trauma in a far more realistic way than this movie.

by Anonymousreply 411October 12, 2021 9:48 PM

It was a good movie, R411.

by Anonymousreply 412October 12, 2021 11:09 PM

Not a popular opinion, but I am a huge Halloween fan and I thought Halloween 2018 sucked. It looked amazing in the previews, but I was disappointed. Too much of JLC being paranoid and crazy. They are feeling less scary and more action adventure. Kyle Richards is such a personality that I don't buy her anymore as anything but that. I've been watching a lot of foreign horror films and they are much scarier and innovative. I miss Donald Pleasance as well. I loved him.

by Anonymousreply 413October 13, 2021 2:47 AM

2018 was not great by any means. Taking the brother aspect out and the events of Halloween 2 and H20 made her obsession with him coming after her 40 years later ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 414October 13, 2021 3:40 AM

2018 was a perfectly fine movie. Having erased H2 and H20 really made LS seem nuts. That was the one part that did not ring true. I thought she’d be this badass survivalist but she was a basket case. H20 100% nailed it and that is the route they should have taken. They missed an opportunity erasing H20. I don’t mind as much they erased H2 (I really liked the movie), but having Original, H20, then H2018 would have been a great timeline BUT they were insistent on erasing the bro/sis aspect.

by Anonymousreply 415October 13, 2021 10:42 AM

Or have they? They could still go the sibling route.

by Anonymousreply 416October 13, 2021 10:51 AM

I don't know why some of you talk as if "fans" and "movie critics" are mutually exclusive. I've been a Halloween fan my entire life, a big nerd for almost all of the movies, and I'm a critic whose reviews show up on Rotten Tomatoes. And I'm friends with lots of critics who are huge horror nerds. Most if not every single one of us became critics because we're enormously obsessive movie nerds.

Oh and also HK is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 417October 13, 2021 10:59 AM

R417 But how was Kyle in it?

by Anonymousreply 418October 13, 2021 2:17 PM

The maddening aspect is the superior attitude the filmmakers have taken saying that theirs is the only worthy sequel while essentially creating a movie that's nothing more than homages to the other sequels they deemed beneath them. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up bringing the brother/sister twist back in the final movie for shits and giggles.

by Anonymousreply 419October 13, 2021 4:41 PM

A bunch of the Youtube channels I follow on Youtube including (the gay friendly and really cool guy) Drumdums and they are RAVING.

They all went to the previews last night-

This is a fan's film. I am so excited!

by Anonymousreply 420October 13, 2021 5:49 PM

r418 she's fine actually

by Anonymousreply 421October 13, 2021 5:58 PM

This movie is being hailed as a tour de force. Siskel & Ebert give it two thumbs up.

by Anonymousreply 422October 13, 2021 7:18 PM

After everyone came in their pants over the last trainwreck, I'm not that interested in what the critics think. David Gordon Green has no idea how to make an effective horror film. The characters are all made out of cardboard and the violent scenes have no build up or suspense. Did anyone really care what happened to anyone in the last movie? I found myself not even caring if Laurie made it out alive.

by Anonymousreply 423October 13, 2021 7:21 PM

Sure I cared. How could you not care about the Strode women when they were trapped in that basement while Michael razed Laurie’s kitchen trap door? And Laurie searching for Michael in the bedrooms of her house with the shot gun was some of the most suspenseful horror we’ve ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 424October 13, 2021 9:01 PM

I wanted some real acknowledgment MM knew she was the babysitter from 40 years ago. I know he did but I wanted her yelling at him about killing her friends and almost killer her. H2018 was great at the time and has waned a bit, but it is still a solid film. It was lacking in key areas esp LS’s backstory, more about how the doctor manipulated things (he should have driven MM to LS himself to set up a showdown). Didn’t the doctor say MM seemed obsessed with LS?

by Anonymousreply 425October 13, 2021 10:18 PM

I had high expectations of the first one after all the buzz, and was let down when I saw it. I’m not getting my hopes up for HK.

by Anonymousreply 426October 13, 2021 10:49 PM

If they don’t make the absolute most out of the MM/LS relationship they are fucking stupid. It is hands down the best killer/final girl in horror history.

by Anonymousreply 427October 14, 2021 12:27 AM

R410 Looks like the studio is really trying to get the RHOBH to see this. They're really pushing Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 428October 14, 2021 12:52 AM

^ RHOBH audience, that is.

by Anonymousreply 429October 14, 2021 1:58 AM

1,2, and 4 are the best, hands down. I love 4 for some reason but 1 was the best.

by Anonymousreply 430October 14, 2021 2:08 AM

I will always have a soft spot for H20. I loved the LS story. The beginning and ending were so well done. The middle drug. Their fight scene was one of the best, though. H20 is one, along with the original, I can watch over and over.

by Anonymousreply 431October 14, 2021 2:57 AM

The critics killed HK’s momentum on RT again. Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 432October 14, 2021 9:49 AM

Has H2022 already been filmed?

by Anonymousreply 433October 14, 2021 11:09 AM

LOLLLL R432- I totally expected that 49% ITS ROTTEN!!!!

Yet some really great guys I follow on Youtube LOVED it.

I cannot wait to see this film.

by Anonymousreply 434October 14, 2021 4:58 PM

R433- No- I think it films later this year (or actually- possibly late 2022)

by Anonymousreply 435October 14, 2021 5:12 PM

[QUOTE] I totally expected that 49% ITS ROTTEN!!!!

It’s at fucking 46% now. Absolutely ridiculous. No way is it that bad. They need to ban regular critics from reviewing horror movies.

by Anonymousreply 436October 14, 2021 9:03 PM

Dumb ass movie critic: “All Michael Myers does is go around killing people.” THAT’S WHAT THE FUCK WE WANT TO SEE!

by Anonymousreply 437October 14, 2021 9:41 PM

No Oscar for JLC this time either! Ha ha!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438October 14, 2021 9:43 PM

R436- Its the standard review- there is no story, its just gore, no substance. Everyone is giving opposite reviews- Its bizarre.

I cannot wait until tomorrow.

I am going to love this film. I can tell already -

by Anonymousreply 439October 14, 2021 9:56 PM

R437- Go watch DrumDums review on Youtube. Spoiler Free and I trust this guy's taste.

by Anonymousreply 440October 14, 2021 9:57 PM

r439 r440

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441October 14, 2021 10:00 PM

Yes, The Jamie Lee Curtis Troll (yup this bitch is real and hates JLC) should be in her fat glory as the film is being trashed.

R441 is that bitch.

I still cannot wait to see this film, bitch!!!

by Anonymousreply 442October 14, 2021 10:27 PM

r442

by Anonymousreply 443October 14, 2021 10:37 PM

R443

by Anonymousreply 444October 14, 2021 11:04 PM

I saw it early this morning on Peacock and I fucking loved it!

by Anonymousreply 445October 15, 2021 5:07 PM

R445 Was Kyle dreadful in it?

by Anonymousreply 446October 15, 2021 8:27 PM

And remember kids, do not fuck with your face!

by Anonymousreply 447October 15, 2021 8:29 PM

[QUOTE] Was Kyle dreadful in it?

She did alright, R446.

by Anonymousreply 448October 15, 2021 10:52 PM

R448 I should've been offered the role.

by Anonymousreply 449October 15, 2021 11:28 PM

I’m watching this in a few. Happy it’s doing so well. $47 million, baby.

by Anonymousreply 450October 15, 2021 11:51 PM

I just watched it. I won't give anything away, but I will say that overall, it's not that great. Typical slasher movie in which dumb people do really dumb things and march themselves right into their own violent, bloody deaths. There are a few good scares, but just a few. Some notes:

- Jamie Lee spends most of the movie in a hospital bed. She was almost a tertiary character.

- The hospital scenes were ridiculous, but those scenes and the finale had a definite January 6th insurrection brutality and sense of discomfort about them.

- Anthony Michael Hall was the weakest cast member. He was truly awful, and he's so fat and bloated now, I didn't even recognize him at first.

- Kyle Richards does a fine job, and she actually has one really great "stand up and cheer" moment. She's one of few characters in the movie who doesn't do stupid things.

I wouldn't advise anyone to pay to see it. If you can get it for free on Peacock like I did, you won't feel too bad about having watched it.

by Anonymousreply 451October 16, 2021 2:34 AM

Yes, it was rather disappointing, R451. Three years I waited. The whole thing just felt uneven and off. The acting was terrible. The over the top gore was silly.

And the trailer showed EVERYTHING. The whole movie is literally in the trailer!

The RT rating is appropriate. It’s far worse than Halloween 2018, and that explains why it got the streaming release. Negative word of mouth would’ve tanked it after the first week at theaters.

Looks like Candyman is the horror movie of the year.

by Anonymousreply 452October 16, 2021 12:32 PM

The negative “splat” reviews are all on point. I hoped they were wrong but once again RottenTomatoes gets it right.

Ouch.

[QUOTE] The body count is higher this time, but the story is sillier and the characters a lot dumber

[QUOTE] Not good enough at being exploitation trash to make up for how badly it's expressing whatever it thinks it has on its mind.

[QUOTE] This mostly uninspired follow-up comes off as prepackaged seasonal nostalgia that neither improves upon its predecessor nor makes any meaningful new contributions to the 43-year-old horror franchise.

[QUOTE] No better than the slew of awful sequels to Carpenter's original that its predecessor swept aside.

[QUOTE] In the end, all "Halloween Kills" does is set up the next sequel, which is about the only scary thing about it.

[QUOTE] Leaving the cinema this evening I couldn't help but wonder if how I felt was the same way cinema goers felt when leaving Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers back in 1995 - confused, disappointed and wondering how the franchise will recover.

[QUOTE] Halloween Kills is yet another trashy Halloween sequel. Everyone involved seems intent on convincing us that it is elevated, but do not be fooled.

[QUOTE]Halloween Kills is an apt description for what this boring horror movie does to further destroy the already damaged Halloween franchise. It also commits the unforgivable sin of confining Halloween icon Laurie Strode to a hospital for most of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 453October 16, 2021 12:41 PM

It was pretty bad. They spent too much time going back to 1978 in the beginning, and the whole plot, as thin as it was, was really disjointed. Anthony Michael Hall was especially bad in it; his acting was waaaaay over the top. And who was that incredibly ugly boy who played Judy Greer's daughter's boyfriend? They couldn't find a more attractive teen guy?

And of course, they had to make the two gay guys the dumbest goddamn characters in the movie.

I agree with R451. The only smart character in the movie was Kyle Richards' character. She was also about the best actress in the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 454October 16, 2021 2:46 PM

I'm assuming the reason Judy Greer's daughter's boyfriend was wearing a dress in the opening scene was because he had been at a Halloween party, but they never actually explain that. It was weird.

by Anonymousreply 455October 16, 2021 2:49 PM

Anybody notice all the "wokeness" in the movie?

The elderly mixed race couple.

The gay male couple.

The black couple. SHE was a doctor. HE was a nurse.

And of course, the lesson in tolerance with the tragic crazy mental patient.

by Anonymousreply 456October 16, 2021 3:02 PM

How is a mixed race couple “wokeness,” R456? Do you just not like seeing black people in movies?

None of that crap mattered, except the patient. Not necessarily his presence but the way they used him with that long drawn out public service announcement in the hospital. I just want to fast forward through it.

by Anonymousreply 457October 17, 2021 1:55 PM

R457 No, dear. I'm pointing out that the movie went to great lengths to say, "Look at us! Look at how liberal we are! We have mixed race couples! We have gays! We have role reversals!"

Try and keep up.

by Anonymousreply 458October 17, 2021 1:58 PM

It’s just odd that, of all the problems with this stinkfest, you bring up shit that’s somewhere at the very bottom of the list.

by Anonymousreply 459October 17, 2021 2:50 PM

R459 You're about as bright as a 20-year old lightbulb.

by Anonymousreply 460October 17, 2021 3:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!