Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

why can't I speak to the manager?

What is wrong with speaking to management about any issue, in the attempt to resolve something? Asking to speak to the manager has everything to do with how you deal with any contract issue at any business so you can resolve it easily. It is how problem resolution has always happened in commerce (or other sector government and non-profit). In fact, many sale associates and wait staff are not given the authority to do anything, only management has this authority. So you have to deal with a manager.

This has NOTHING to do with racism. I find it very odd, and disturbing that business (wall street) is trying to link asking to speak to the manager and racism in our society at all. It is more absurd that people are falling for it.

Wall Street has more influence over structure violence and public policy than individuals anyway. Wall Street is responsible for racism in our society. They are also responsible for poor customer service and horrible working conditions. Now, they are responsible for the spin on this.

Yes, I want to speak to the manager. Yes, you are a racist for using racism to get away with poor customer and labor treatment.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2020 11:17 AM

It is an attempt of rich white men (wall street) to take over the discussion of racial equality, and also get away with poor customer service and quality. This is unbelievably racist. What is shocking is that people are falling for it? These tactics work.

Don't be a rube. Don't fall for this.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 8:03 PM

It has more to do with the fact that the average person (especially the proverbial “Karen”) looks like a complete idiot when they are angry and taking it out on minimum wage workers, especially in food service establishments. It’s a one-way ticket to getting your food spat in, and most people just think it’s not worth their time.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 8:04 PM

spitting in food is ILLEGAL. Restaurants can be shut down for this. See another attempt to spin a situation.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 8:08 PM

customer service is really bad right now.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 8:10 PM

Going over the head of the person you won’t listen to is a way for white women to exert their power and privilege.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 8:26 PM

What does asking to speak with the manager have to do with Wall Street? What a confusing unfocused rant. 2/10 (2 points for getting me to post about it).

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 11:37 PM

you can speak to a manger. This is a weird thing.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 11:52 PM

The frontline person already knows when it is appropriate to get a manager involved. If your problem required a manager, the frontline person would have summoned the manager without you asking. The reason you want a manager is that you are trying to use your privilege to get a result that is contrary to the rules.

I like situations when Karens ask for a manager and they find out the person they were talking to is the manager. Then the manager can tell Karen to go fuck herself.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2020 2:19 AM

R8, no, the manager can’t tell Karen to fuck herself because managers have bosses, whether that’s the owner or the corporate office.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2020 2:23 AM

What...?

What is happening here? Can someone explain to me?

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2020 2:25 AM

Is the manager in your program? Is Karen?

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2020 2:26 AM

Because its not about resolving the issue. It's about humiliating the intermediary while inflating ones ego.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2020 2:26 AM

People who immediately go to a manager are like how Saffron describes Edina:

You go through life thinking you can get whatever you want by shouting loud enough.

Sometimes it's required but most of the time it's just because some entitled shitbag can't deal with being told "no".

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2020 3:41 AM

I hate that being an asshole gets rewarded so much in customer service.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2020 5:04 AM

[quote] It has more to do with the fact that the average person (especially the proverbial “Karen”) looks like a complete idiot when they are angry and taking it out on minimum wage workers, especially in food service establishments. It’s a one-way ticket to getting your food spat in, and most people just think it’s not worth their time.

Agree with this. I worked in restaurants for 5 years and only once did I mess with someone's food. It wasn't even a customer's food, it was a manager who used to always eat / drink on the job at a back table.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2020 5:57 AM

We still don't have that candle in stock, OP. Yelling about it, or drunk posting on Datalounge, won't change that fact.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2020 11:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!