Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sandy Dvore is dead to me

Sandy Dvore, best known to soap fans for his iconic brush stroke logo on The Young and the Restless, has died at the age of 86.

Outside of the soap world, Dvore was well known for his title sequences on TV staples like, The Partridge Family, Knots Landing, The Waltons, Falcon Crest, North and South, among many others.

In 1987, Dvore won an Emmy for his artistry for the main title sequence for the TV special, Carol, Carl, Whoopi and Robin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 6, 2021 12:14 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 9:20 PM

I'm also still dead, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 9:20 PM

Bad blood report. I remember he actually ended up suing Y&R when TPTB made the move to remove his name from the end credits after decades of it being there. I think that cam in the late 90s?? .. Anyway, he was STILL bitching about that on social media just months before he died. I remember he did so while drinking out of Y&R coffee mug with his logo on it.

btw - He was also the designer of the red Solo cup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 6, 2021 6:20 AM

Is she the one who travelled round the world to meet the boy next door. Ring them Bells girls.

by Anonymousreply 4March 6, 2021 6:24 AM

I like threads like this. Stuff I’ve seen my whole and never knew who created it.

by Anonymousreply 5March 6, 2021 6:29 AM

More of his designs please.

by Anonymousreply 6March 6, 2021 12:07 PM

Aw, that’s a shame. She was great on The Hogan Family.

I don’t believe she really had a glass eye, though.

by Anonymousreply 7March 6, 2021 12:12 PM

The brush stroke logo is NOTHING to be proud of.

The opening to - Days Of Our Lives- with the hour glass

THAT and the original theme song are something to proud of.

by Anonymousreply 8March 6, 2021 12:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!