Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Am I never going to have another boyfriend for the rest of my life?

My bad points: I’m old, semi-broke, average looking to ugly, huge nose, soft belly, undisciplined, a pathological procrastinator, positively addicted to reading to the point where I ignore my responsibilities.

My good points: I’m kind to people and animals, I make the best breakfasts, I have a generous spirit, I can walk for hours without getting tired, I get big and hard very easily, I slay on Jeopardy, I have great color sense and an uncanny sense of direction, I’m positively addicted to reading to the point where I ignore my responsibilities.

Really want someone to hold and to hold me as we fall asleep.

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2020 12:14 AM

I believe there's more than one lid for every pot.

Why are you semi-broke? Are you employed?

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 7:38 PM

No reference to age, hmmmm...

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 7:40 PM

Semi-broke because I’m on the COVID work schedule—i.e., working three hours a week.

Age? Said I was old. Do I need to specify? OK, I’m almost 64.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 7:45 PM

Oh, honey.

I'm 44 and have accepted that my boyfriendable years have passed.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 7:47 PM

It could be worse, OP. You could be unhappily married, and very alone.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 7:49 PM

Hi, R5. You’re absolutely right. In fact, most of my friends are partnered and I envy few of them. But I’m tired of being my own boyfriend... if that makes sense.

And R4, it makes me sad that you are two decades younger than I am but feel the boyfriendable years have passed. I guess I get it. But still.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 7:54 PM

R2 Seriously? It’s the first thing he mentions about himself.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 8:04 PM

There's a lid for every pot! 🎵

(However ofttimes it's just a coffin lid.)

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2020 8:12 PM

Being in relationships is overrated. Not kidding. I’m married btw. Learn to love your life

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 8:22 PM

What about a comparable fuck buddy, OP? Would you fuck you?

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 8:29 PM

Well it seems you may have fit in with eldergays who loved bookstores, etc. One of the best such places was Brand Bookstore in Glendale, CA. oh the memories...

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 8:36 PM

OP, look first for a "good friend". If more develops, then consider yourself lucky. Of all the coupled seniors I know, the description "...he's my best friend..." best captures what makes these relationships special.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 8:48 PM

It’s never to late to cultivate an esoteric fetish. OP, what do you have a taste for? Do you know any Catholic priests?

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 8:52 PM

OP, I'm an old fat whore and somehow I found someone.

It can happen.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 8:59 PM

Too bad you’re not bi. You sound almost perfect!

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 9:02 PM

Hello Phillywhore here...You are kind to people and animals, and LOVE walking and reading. These are 'positive things". If it happens, it happens, you'll find a boyfriend. Please stop worrying about it. No BF here either, and I'm not looking.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2020 9:02 PM

You sound funny and nice. I wish you luck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2020 9:08 PM

Liz, he's broke.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2020 9:11 PM

A bf or husband won’t make you happy unless you do things to make yourself happy. It’s nice to have someone but sometimes I wish I had the freedom to make 100% of the decisions in my life.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2020 9:14 PM

Boyfriends aren’t worth the trouble. Get a dog instead.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2020 9:15 PM

OP it depends on how bad you want another boyfriend and whether you would accept someone with as many flaws as yourself. If you are wanting an Instagram model, not you won't have another boyfriend, and you won't find one sitting at home reading a book. If you make it a priority you might find one.

Me I am fine being single and don't want the hassle but then I simply do not get lonely.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2020 9:20 PM

Jesus. Did I write this?

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2020 9:27 PM

R16 Hello LaJolla whore!

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2020 9:48 PM

I was falling in love with you until the hugging pillow imagery made me recoil.

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2020 10:36 PM

I think it’s definitely possible based on your description. However, whether someone is single isn’t really about a checklist or being “boyfriend material.” It seems more about if someone is really open to a relationship, seeks out a compatible partner, and works to keep it going with a like-minded person.

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2020 11:27 PM

Watch Boys in the Band to get a few tips, OP.

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2020 11:44 PM

Really appreciate all the responses. And dabbing some White Diamonds on my pulse points as I type.

The weird thing is I’ve always been pretty good on my own, traveling solo, going out to eat solo, craving alone time when I’m with others... but a part of me feels like I’ve been lying to myself about being happy single just to rationalize it.

I did have a few genuinely nice fuck buddies, but between the pandemic and people naturally drifting on, I’m totally on my own now. I’m fine, but I miss romance. Not just sex but romance.

Well, sex, too.

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2020 11:45 PM

OP get a cat. You will have companionship but you will have to pick up its shit on the daily, get nasty looks from it and generally just get affection when he feels like it. He may also attack you and destroy your things with very little provocation.

This will show you what having a husband or long term boyfriend is like.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2020 12:18 AM

OP You have a big hard cock, focus on that in your search for a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2020 1:17 AM

R15, if you’re not a frau, why would it matter that I’m gay and not bi? 🤔

R24, you don’t like to be held? Not talking about all night long, just until we fall asleep.

R29, I appreciate the suggestion but that, um, talking point of mine is not useful in everyday circumstances where I might meet someone. I mean, you’re not suggesting I whip it out while waiting for my potato salad at the deli counter?

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2020 2:01 AM

How big and hard?

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2020 2:33 AM

[quote]Really want someone to hold and to hold me as we fall asleep

Thats at the core of what I was looking for. The rest is less significant. Found a fantastic partner in my early 50's

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2020 3:15 AM

You seem like you’re right in the sweet spot of creating your own Golden Girls twilight years scenario. Could you find a couple of similarly situated gays who are looking to split expenses? Living with good friends, or at least a couple guys with whom you’ve got some sense of “simpatico”, it might grant you the access you need to warmth and companionship — without needing to be a soulmate or husband... Not to be a dick, but your days of “holding and being held” have probably passed. You could probably enhance things for yourself by curating a small group of friends who are in the same boat.

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2020 3:30 AM

R33, I appreciate the time and energy you devoted to responding, but I am definitely not looking for roommates. Living alone is one of the best parts of my life. I’m not in search of pals or friendly affection. I want some romance. Doesn’t have to be a husband, but a once-a-week or twice-a-week dinner and sleepover would be awesome. Honestly, if I believed deep down that—as you say— my “days of holding and being held have probably passed,” I’d consider packing it in right now. But I don’t accept that. Maybe I’m being stubborn or stupid, but I cannot believe, even though I’m pushing 64, that it’s Game Over.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2020 10:19 PM

I am too picky and now I have nothing.......my choices, I live with them, because bitterness is not an option.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2020 10:25 PM

OP, we're all waiting for a response to R31. That is the most important fact in providing an answer to you.

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2020 12:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!