Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

how to know what someone is doing at all times?

his social media is private so i can't use that and he lives far away 😢

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2021 9:32 PM

maybe i'll just move to where he lives

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 7:44 PM

My sister was using an app to track where her son was, after he went to college. She was just bored and lonely. Unfortunately for her, it alerted him every time she checked. In short order, she got a text: “WILL YOU STOP TRACKING ME!!!!”

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 7:45 PM

Clearly you need to either set up a remote monitoring solution (cameras, bugs, etc) yourself or get a third party investigator to monitor on your behalf. These are pretty simple concepts.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 7:58 PM

Put a tracking collar on him.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 8:12 PM

That someone needs to get the fuck away from you for starters.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 8:21 PM

In my family, Person A is paranoid that Person B is trying to kill her. But because they're family, they still talk on the phone everyday. Person B recently got a new smartphone, and was still getting used to using it. He accidentally "shared his location" with Person A. Person A was delighted.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 8:26 PM

R5 - what if he needs to know? I, for example, am in the EU and should have gone back but can't due to COVID yet and need to know where my elderly parents are at all times. My sister checks in with them but she also has a busy schedule with her job and kids so weekends are it for her.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 8:48 PM

Yeah, nah.

I’m gonna side with R5 here.

JFC.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2020 8:54 PM

OP, I’ve been that way before, when it’s like a drug or chemical dependency you simply can’t kick. Don’t think about the person, whenever it comes up. Find new things to think about. Talk to people. This is a good step. I needed face to face time with people. Hours of it. Hard now with pandemic, but keep steppin’ until you’re over it. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 9:08 PM

I love a good obsession. Tell us about him OP.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 9:09 PM

OP, are you the James Mattis Troll?

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 9:12 PM

There’s nothing wrong with getting obsessed. I understand it, and sometimes it really is love.

However, I’d never want to know what someone else is doing 24/7.

But obsessions? I get them. I don’t recommend them, but I get why and how it happens.

Can’t wait til this pandemic is over!!! Oh, what I wouldn’t do for a good old fashioned obsession right about now!!!

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 9:16 PM

Thanimus, at R9. I’d like to hear about your obsessions.

Care to share?

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 9:19 PM

Let go, you psycho.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 9:32 PM

Elizabeth was obsessed with Richard. It wasn't all bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 9:40 PM

Be a member of the state security apparatus of the Chinese Communist Party.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2020 12:16 AM

r13:sorry it's been so long, i guess this thread was buried and i never came back to it. I'm obsessed with a coupla job situations that were very hareful from some thirty odd years ago, incidents, things people said, always pop up and then it takes a minute to remember it was so long ago, those people were fellow peons and losers, i got out and got my degrees and beat the bastards. Not too many lovers, but that's what I referred to in my original post. I was in a relationship with someone much younger and v attractive, long red hair, the works, but she had this way of torturing me by talking about guys coming on to her very strong, and I'd sit up nights sleepless imagining things. After a trip she made to Oz with her granny, she just dumpt me, and I don't really blame her. But this mental obsession with her metastasized into full blown mania of a kind, and I had to treat it like a new addiction, many meetings, many coffees lunches and long talks w trusted friends. I tried to hang myself one night. The belt broke. I got up off the carpet, called a priest I knew, and I never lookt back. Never step off a ledge for a malignant worm in the brain, don't feed it, it'll soon starve.

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2021 9:23 PM

hateful not hareful. Sounds almost worse.

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2021 9:25 PM

Sounds like grounds for a restraining order but ok...

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2021 9:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!