Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

For What Are You Thankful?

When you think life sucks, turn it around and recognize how it could be worse.

I have pneumonia, but I am thankful that it isn’t bothering me much, and I am COVID negative. Also thankful that I have great medical insurance.

Even though I am not seeing family for Thanksgiving, I am thankful that I have family and friends who care about me.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2020 4:19 PM

earrings

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 7:08 PM

Caftans!

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 7:08 PM

Having a healthy 401k balance, and a nice fat dick!

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 7:10 PM

Biden winning the election

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 7:10 PM

Thankful that no one in my small circle has contracted COVID.

Thankful for President Biden and VP Harris.

In this shit year, that's the most I can do.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 7:12 PM

That Biden won.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 7:15 PM

Every evening for all these years, I've put the cat out, I've locked the door, I've made myself a little rum toddy, and before I went to bed, I said a little prayer, thanking God that I was independent, that no one else's life was mixed up with mine.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 7:29 PM

That I'm no longer in the United States

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2020 7:30 PM

That I don't have ALS or another neurological disease. I read that Pat Quinn was diagnosed at THIRTY, and my mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease at forty. I'm now forty.

I can't imagine ever being diagnosed with ALS, and it would be my worst nightmare. Suddenly, my boring little life doesn't seem so bad by comparison. After I read about Pat Quinn's life, I all but quit drinking, and started getting out of the house much more than I have in the last several years.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 8:26 PM

I'll see r5, and raise her one "I'm still ambulatory."

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 8:39 PM

For good health and HIV meds and certain healthcare. For having a husband who I love and who loves me, and who drives me nuts only rarely. For having work I enjoy but don't need. For being financially comfortable enough. For living in a beautiful place, in a nice home. For being happy with who I am and what I have - and don't have. For curiosity and for looking forward. And for the good fortune of any of these things.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 8:44 PM

For someone who loves me, and for someone to love. For my life, and the lives of all you remarkable, inexplicable others, to remind me I’m not alone, and not the only opinionated asshole around. For the lives of my kitties and pups, those alive now and those that passed, who are always with me, in a way I can’t even describe or explain. For the eagles at the reservoir, ceaselessly hunting or stropping their beaks on the branches where they roost, for the clear, cold lake, the bare trees, and the gray November that brings everything, all this, into focus. For you. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 9:25 PM

I am thankful that following your thread there is this one, Fitness Model Matt Sabatino 🔥

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 9:31 PM

R12, You are a mensch.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2020 3:21 AM

This past month has been the absolute worst. I won’t go into details but it’s been miserable.

But I am grateful to my friends and family. And I’m grateful to you terrible bitches for lifting me when I’m down.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2020 3:26 AM

Thankful that I only have to worry about myself these days, thankful that I'm getting closer to my goal of taking a year off and exploring new places (once things start to normalize, of course), thankful that I've spent some time on self development these past several months. But most of all I'm thankful that we will soon be rid of the orange demon and his hideous family. Looking forward to a new year and a new start.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2020 3:45 AM

For being retired.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2020 3:50 AM

Biden won.

I get along with my family and they live close by (but not too close).

I have good health insurance, immunizations are coming, and no one in my family has contracted Covid, not even the teachers (knock on wood). My friends are okay.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2020 3:57 AM

I am thankful for my family and loved ones.

I am thankful for the awareness that everything teems and is filled with life, and that - whether you look at things from an atheistic or faithful point of view - all of the pain and suffering we each endure on this earth will pass and peace, whether in death or in an “afterlife,” will reign.

I am thankful for the kindness that pours out of me onto others, and for the kindness that pours from others onto me, and for the kindness I am blessed to witness between friends, loved ones, and strangers alike.

I am thankful for the subtlest shifts and movements that remind me that we are never alone.

I am thankful for you all.

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2020 4:19 AM

I’m thankful for toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2020 4:38 AM

Thankful for my health, my independence, a little savings, my parents and a few select family and friends. Oh and a sweet purring cat who’s been with me now for over 10 years. I’m grateful for the DL too! I’ve been here through so many holidays. Happy holidays, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2020 4:52 AM

I work remotely, have no financial worries, a spacious place, wonderful dogs, good friends and premium cable. The pandemic has had very little impact on my life, apart from making me a homebody and a customer of Amazon and Instacart. I feel incredibly lucky and really think that if the pandemic has not affected your health or livelihood, you should be very grateful. I am.

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2020 5:32 AM

That's wonderful, R16. Congratulations. I don't see that happening for me for a while, but it's on my list.

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2020 8:25 AM

Affordable young tricks who tell me I really could pass for 29.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2020 8:31 AM

Thankful to have a car that runs reliably. Last night, I was food shopping and drove past a bus stop, where someone was waiting, alone. The buses run infrequently at night and I've been there before, waiting for the bus at night. Not a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2020 4:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!