Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Florida man saves his puppy dragged into water by gator - video

'Instinct just took over and adrenaline kicked in,' said Richard Wilbanks, who jumped up from his backyard chair for the rescue.

So what act of heroism have you performed lately to save your pet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2020 10:13 PM

I accidentally kicked my dog off the bed, woke up and then picked her up and put her back on the bed. I sleep pretty hard so I consider that quite the feat!

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 2:53 PM

I'm telling you now it's been posted before....

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 4:12 PM

This man is a hero. I love him. Fuck Florida and it's alligators and snakes!

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 4:33 PM

I would have grabbed my razor sharp Cutco knife and stabbed it to death. That beast would not have my pup.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 4:40 PM

That is one lucky pup!

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 5:39 PM

I intervened when my dog was attacked by a pit bull. The pit bull was smaller than my dog, but more muscular, and clearly intending to kill.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 5:44 PM

R6 I was just about to write the same story! My 13-mnth, 100lb mastiff-boxer got into it with a 120lb pit at a local park. The pit was all muscle. I have to admit, my dog was at least equally responsible. Without a thought, I threw myself in the middle and pulled my dog off, (the pit's owner pulled from the back). It was the longest 28 seconds of my life! As I was walking my dog back to the car, I realized I was covered with blood. Various scrapes and bruises but nothing serious.

I always thought of myself a coward. I guess not when it came to my kid.

That was the last time I ever took him to a public park.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 5:57 PM

That video is amazing, that guy goes underwater to get that gator - yes, it was a baby, but how did he know Momma Gator wasn't waiting for him - wrestles the puppy loose AND NEVER DROPS HIS CIGARETTE

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2020 6:00 PM

[quote] So what act of heroism have you performed lately to save your pet?

I’ve kept my cats indoors.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 6:03 PM

Now, that’s pretty Gangster

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 6:07 PM

So r7, no leash?

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 6:11 PM

This is a true story from a related YT video re Pitbull attacks. A woman's dog was attacked by a Pitbull, and both she AND the dog's owner could not get it to release it's jaws. The owner became so frustrated he began throwing bricks, using a bb bat, pummeling it with his fists. None of it did any good. Finally, the woman wet her finger with saliva, stuck it in the Pits anus, and it released immediately a bit freaked out by it. Put that in your memory bank.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 6:12 PM

Lol the most obvious VNR ever.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 6:31 PM

R11 My dog was not leashed. The pit was. It was an unofficial dog park with other leash-less dogs running around. I had recently adopted mine, was testing the waters. We had been 3 times previously and he behaved well. This was his first sign of aggression.

I learned my lesson, and like I wrote, never again took him to a dog park.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 7:15 PM

And never drops his cigar

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 9:56 PM

Well r14, I would say you are wholly at fault. Just because other people were doing it at this "unofficial" dog park doesn't change that fact. We all like to demean pits and I don't think they should be kept as pets. But at least his owner had him on a leash.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2020 10:35 PM

You can tell this is a VNR because they talk at length about that program that set the cameras up which caught the footage. No reporter would dwell on that in reporting the story.

That program obviously has a pr firm working for them and they brought the footage to the pr firm to create the vnr (video news release). That’s a new item like public relations package shot so the local reporter can drop in his or her narration making it seem like annual reporting.

When CNN started up 24/7, it was VNR heaven, because they had so much airtime to fill. CNN spoon fed you the corporate take on the world, camouflaged as objective reporting.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2020 12:08 AM

Lots of typos in the above. I really wish we had 60 seconds to edit our posts. 😭

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2020 12:09 AM

No, Gator, no! Noooo Gator no no aaghhHHH!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2020 2:01 AM

[Quote] Put that in your memory bank.

I refuse! 🤢

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2020 8:21 AM

Lol at white people and their over-bred ratlike dogs. Dude, your rat-dog isn't your child and it's not more important than that gator or the other animals gators have to eat to survive.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2020 9:19 AM

If the man in OP's video had had the dog on a leash, he wouldn't have been in the water attracting gators.

Btw, the man used superglue to close the cuts he got (the owner, not the dog) from the gator.

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2020 9:30 AM

Well smell R21

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2020 10:01 AM

He is a fucking idiot not a hero. Its a dog not a baby.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2020 10:07 AM

It's so weird how threads are relatively normal during the day and then suddenly in the overnight hours there's nothing but cranky assholes posting. This went from a decent thread to "fuck this white guy" trolling at 4AM, as if there's more than a dozen people even on here at that time. What's even the purpose of that?

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2020 10:13 AM

[quote]So what act of heroism have you performed lately to save your pet?

I did CPR on my Tomcat just yesterday. Not that he needed it, I just like to keep in practice.

I also put different colored nail polish on his claws. Like me he likes to feel pretty, oh so pretty.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2020 10:32 AM

Here's an interview with 74 year old Richard Wilbanks, the man wrestling the alligator in OP's video. November 23, 2020 episode from 17:50 - 24:30. He mentions using superglue to close his cuts at the 21:48 mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2020 5:31 PM

The mans house is literally right next to the conservation, so I can see why he let the dog off leash but anyone who lives in Florida knows where there is water there is a gator.

This man is a badass, he kept that cigar in his mouth the whole time, even under water and he pried the jaws of the gator open to free his puppy and the gator clamped down on his hand in the process.

He said he learned his lesson and will keep the dog leashed and away from water. He rushed the dog to the emergency vet and he had a nasty puncture wound and water in his lungs, so he truly is a hero to this pup.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2020 10:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!