Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Help for Bear Friend’s Health

My best friend is a bear, with a large network of bear friends. I’m very concerned about him, during the pandemic he has just gotten bigger and bigger. He credits his bear friends for helping him get through the pandemic, but I see them as enabling excessive eating and drinking. What should I do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2020 7:20 PM

I think we've all gained weight during the pandemic, some of us, a lot of weight (if we're being honest). I put on 45 pounds myself. I was 5'10, 175 pounds for like a decade straight, now I'm 5'10, 215 – but I was also in a wheelchair for a couple of months with limited mobility, so.

I think your bear friend needs to talk to a psychiatrist and see a nutritionist. Maybe he needs medication that will literally curb his drinking (Abilify, for example) or eating.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 2:06 PM

Bears are very unhealthy people. I agree get him to a therapist and a nutritionist immediately.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 4:16 PM

OP, the guy in your pic is in no way a bear.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 4:32 PM

he's a cutie

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 4:35 PM

That’s not a pic, it’s a video, watch it.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 4:38 PM

Oh, HUNNY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 4:45 PM

Nothing! They have a whole week to sort themselves out in Ptown each year.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 4:46 PM

OP's video is cute... and unfortunately, true to my experience.

It starts off with tall, broad, muscular daddies (my faves)... then quickly devolves into the pale, unhealthy, obese types that comprise most of the Bear community, IMHO.

(This is why I'm not really welcomed in the Bear community.)

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2020 4:49 PM

I'm concerned about my friend Tom. We all are. We're mostly 9s and 10s. An 8 or two. Tom was always a nice 7, masquerading as an 8, through disciplined workouts, low body weight, high cost skin care, and the latest fashions. But he's been home with his straight brother for 10 months, and he's let himself, go. He's now a strong 5. Sooner or later my tribe is going to have a pow-wow and drop Tom. It just isn't working out. I mean, really! But how can I help Tom to snap out of it, before it's too late?

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 5:00 PM

^🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 5:10 PM

The bear community can be very unhealthy.

Not because the men are all larger guys (though some are very overweight and that is an issue in itself).

But more that many of them have such low self esteem that they're willing to jeopardize their own health in order to please others (sex partners, boyfriends, etc.) I've had friends in that scene and it's all very drink as much as you can, if he barebacks me it means he likes me, etc. Very sad. I don't say that to be sex negative, either, but they're in a really sad mindset and I don't think it's healthy.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 5:14 PM

[quote] I think we've all gained weight during the pandemic,

No. I weigh the same as I did in March

But you were in a wheelchair and not getting any exercise at all. I suspect that once you are able to be more mobile again, the weight will come off.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 5:17 PM

R9, watch out, or Tom will lower the Collective Hawtness Average (CHA) for your entire tribe, and that could have devastating consequences in the long run.

Better dispose of the bad apple now. Tough love.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 5:55 PM

STEALTH FAT SHAMING THREAD

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 6:30 PM

lol, Hardly stealth

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 6:46 PM

Actually, I’m genuinely concerned. Maybe you could give some constructive advice, rather than being bitches and assuming.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2020 6:54 PM

OP, does he shit in the woods?

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2020 7:11 PM

Is he a Charmin devotee?

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2020 7:12 PM

Has he been stealing picnic baskets?

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2020 7:15 PM

I actually lost 45 pounds during this - strict keto diet - working from home and working out (Yoga- who knew?)

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2020 7:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!