Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So what is Biden like as a person?

If this has been discussed as nauseum, you make have me flogged in the public square of Gaytown by a sweaty muscular brute.

If not, shoot.

by Anonymousreply 39November 25, 2020 10:18 AM

He’s widely reputed to be an ultra-mensch. Even republican senators can’t say enough good things about him.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 1:52 PM

Biden comes across as an Empath, which is in stark contrast to Trump selfishness.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 1:56 PM

As a person he's an opportunist. He'll say anything, do anything, support anything to be liked. He has no morals, no strong personal beliefs, he's a career politician. He has been both democrat and republican, his party affiliation changes depending on what he thinks his best shot at getting elected is.

As a person I think he's the same as every other straight white guy in politics: an opportunistic greasy sexist homophobic racist money-hungry pig. But, he's our new president and our best chance at erasing Trump, so I support him... for now, anyways.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 2:19 PM

Until the Senate turned radioactive toxic, he was known to be affable and to get along with all of his peers. He was known on the Hill as a decent person.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 2:24 PM

Old and out of touch?

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 2:26 PM

Never met the man but in the many “candid” videos I’ve seen of him he seems to have great humane instincts in how he interacts with strangers. I don’t think it’s an act.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 2:32 PM

You can't fake Joe Biden. I think he may be one of the few politicians where what you see is actually what you get. That said pretty sure he has a temper. Think I've heard or read that.

And I like to imagine Hunter... comes by it honestly. ;)

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 2:36 PM

[quote]He has been both democrat and republican, his party affiliation changes depending on what he thinks his best shot at getting elected is.

Link, please.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2020 2:42 PM

Someone give [R3] a puppy, or a Qualude. It must be exhausting to have to go through life with such a judgmental, accusing, negative view of people. I mean Joe Biden??? Sounds more like he was describing Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 3:06 PM

Demented

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 3:08 PM

Biden has a soul unlike the current occupant of the WH.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 3:13 PM

"That said pretty sure he has a temper."

Trump may not have a lot of good qualities, but nobody throws a better tantrum than Donald J. Trump.

It's "Hitler in the final days in the bunker" quality, including foaming at the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 3:21 PM

R3 anyway never ends in ‘S.’

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 3:24 PM

I've never liked him and if he wasn't running against Trump, I probably would never vote for him. Looking at his record, he seems very craven and opportunistic. Even for a politician.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 3:25 PM

[quote]So what is Biden like as a person?

Whatever Biden is like as a person is going to be a fuck of a lot better than what Dump is like as a person.

So there's that...

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 3:27 PM

He is stupid and I hate him!

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2020 5:22 PM

Who cares what he's like as a person. Trump created this weird dynamic where we're supposed to give a shit about the personality and opinions of the President. Who cares what he's like in real life, all that matters is that he's a good leader. I don't care if he stomps on stray puppies in his free time as long as he has his shit together in the oval office.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2020 5:25 PM

To set the country right after the crap it's been through calls for an extraordinary leader.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2020 5:26 PM

If you want to know what Biden is like from somebody who really knows him, here’s Lindsey Graham before Trump and Putin got their hands on him.

People joke about this, but Graham seems very sincere in this. He’s known Biden a long time. Listen to what he says. He didn’t have to say this. He gets no benefit from it. This is from 2015.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2020 5:33 PM

[quote] Trump created this weird dynamic where we're supposed to give a shit about the personality and opinions of the President.

You think Trump created this? Were you born yesterday? People have been interested in the personalities and inner lives of presidents for a long time. Ever heard of people voting for a candidate they want to have a beer with?

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2020 5:36 PM

R3 I feel (fear) your evaluation is going to prove to be true in at the end of year 2 of his term. The pollyanna, unicorn riding folks here who are defending him will soon realize his true colors. (Nope, no links, just gut feeling).

Having said that, he's a far cry better than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2020 5:36 PM

R19 Lindsey goes verklempt? I dont trust anything our senatrice says.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2020 5:40 PM

[quote]Trump created this weird dynamic where we're supposed to give a shit about the personality and opinions of the President.

Americans have cared about that long before Trump.

Hell, the first thing I remember was seeing Bill Clinton playing the sax on Arsenio Hall when I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2020 6:16 PM

Thank you for posting that, R23. I happen to think that you're right, in that Graham is sincere in this clip. I know he's odious, but it says a lot when you have people on opposite sides of the aisle who still can respect each other and speak so highly of the other. It makes me wonder what kind of conversations Graham had with Biden during Trump's run, however. When do your friends start telling you, really? They must be sublimating the fuck out of their shame somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2020 7:22 PM

[quote] opportunistic greasy sexist homophobic racist money-hungry pig

Sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2020 7:24 PM

If you can't talk convincingly out of both sides of your mouth, you have no business being in politics.

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2020 7:24 PM

Biden seems like a stand-up guy, which is how so many of his colleagues, both Rep and Dem, describe him.

I rarely see him in front of any issues (although he did with gay marriage) so he doesn't seem to be a maverick (either was McCain--that nonsense was created for is presidential run).

Biden is a placeholder. He will get us back to normalcy after the crazy Trump years. After that, I hope we move more progressively.

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2020 7:28 PM

[Quote] He will get us back to normalcy after the crazy Trump years.

A yuuuge task. He's got his work cut out for him. Wish him all the luck. He'll need it.

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2020 7:37 PM

[quote] Biden is a placeholder. He will get us back to normalcy after the crazy Trump years.

I, too, have felt that Biden is a bridge to another place.

Even pre-pandemic (pre-primary), I sensed that the country would chose a leader that would be the last hurrah (or the last “huff”) of politics as we’ve known it in the USA: old, white, male.

The country is now too traumatised and polarised to significantly swing in any one direction.

The USA does need to heal, and perhaps Biden has finally come into his time, after making several attempts at positions, and failing.

Questions that remain include how effective he will be. If he is wise, he will put together a team of visionary, smart, capable and ETHICAL individuals who come together to do the majority of the work of the admin with Biden having more of a symphonic conductor lead.

This is a critical time in the nation’s history. And it remains unclear if things will ever return to “normal”.

There are huge shifts occurring; and resets and redirections may be necessary not only in this country, but worldwide.

Using a surfing analogy, it is if we are in the midst of a 🌊. And there is already death, disease and destruction wrought upon the country. How can the other incoming admin use the tsunami, nay even ride it, for the most optimal outcome to heal the nation?

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2020 7:45 PM

I think Obama has described Biden as being a little unfiltered, but in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2020 7:56 PM

His Cabinet picks so far are very impressive. So he knows how to have good people around him.

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2020 8:08 PM

That's the most important thing. No President can do it all. It's most important that he has people around him advising him correctly and doing all the grunt work. One of the worst things about the Trump Administration is that there WERE no good people--just toadies. Hence, the chaos we're in today.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2020 8:20 PM

Americans are stupid. As usual, a Republican completely screws everything up and a Dem has to come in a fix. Once the Dem does, Americans vote for a Republican again. And the cycle continues.

WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2020 8:22 PM

R3 is triggered by Biden defeating her pet candidate — Trump? Mayor Pete? — Saint Bernie? — so she has decided Biden must be a ruthless amoral monster. Do go on, girlfriend!

(Meanwhile that’s a ridiculously fact-free evaluation of Biden.)

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2020 10:14 PM

I'm guessing it's a Butthurt Bro, Bootsy/R34.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2020 11:32 PM

Why don’t you ask his son HUNTER BIDEN???? 🤡

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2020 11:40 PM

Handsy. A big case of resting heavy hand(s).

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2020 11:42 PM

I see nothing wrong with r3 post even though I support Biden wholeheartedly. I saw him throw Anita Hill under the bus live on TV so I don't see him as a savior. I see in play the same neoliberal DNC corporatist playbook that Bill Clinton wrote, and Obama followed.

I just would like to see Biden uphold the law and fulfil his duties as president. I hope he will.

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2020 12:54 AM

Racist

by Anonymousreply 39November 25, 2020 10:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!