Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My stepdad’s BFF now, has CoViD-19

First off, I’m writing this so that all of you who believe in prayer, to please pray for him.

He’s a wonderful and amazing older gentleman. He’s a good guy, and he has some respiratory issues, so please pray for him, please. The rest of us agnostics and atheists can send him good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Thanks so much. I mean that sincerely.

We just found out last night.

My stepfather is also a good person who has unfortunately, fallen into the miasma of FOX News, and he’s been a staunch Trump supporter, and I have already judged the ever loving crap out of him for this, however, I have chosen to not continue to do so, because moving forward is best not only for our country, but individual households and families, such as mine.

People make mistakes. Horrible mistakes sometimes, and they can be wrong, even when all evidence is flying in their face at 100 mph, telling them that perhaps they’re not right.

He has been exposed to the virus, because he has been around his best friend in the last week. He doesn’t wear masks whenever he doesn’t have to, and quite frankly, I’m surprised he hasn’t been infected previously, which he may have. Who knows?

He’s getting tested this week. Hopefully, he’s OK.

I’ve had a sore throat all weekend and while it hasn’t been horrible, it’s a sore throat, nevertheless, so I am making plans for testing as well, since I live with my mom and stepfather. Wearing a mask will become something I also will have to do inside the house, rather than just outside, because it’s the only way to go, so it seems. I wanted to do so previously, yet chose not to because I figured it would cause more trouble than it’s worth, being that my parents both had a very erratic reaction to my telling them that a former coworker whom I’d been in contact with, died of COVID, back in late March. I just didn’t want to upset them again and make them angry at me. I understand it makes zero sense to the rest of us who use logic and reason to approach these matters, however, it makes sense when you’re living with two hardcore Trump supporters who are addicted to hate and divisive driven news on FOX, and who see CoViD-19 as a personal failure on the infected person’s part, due to not having enough faith in God and becoming infected due to lack of faith and fear instilled by the “enemy” or Satan.

I know that this is a highly contagious virus, and I have researched the living heck out of it and understand as much as there is to be understood about it, at this time, so shame on me for not wearing a mask at home, while living with people who believe that a higher power will grant them immunity, while not granting it to their friends who are becoming infected or dying, like my stepfather’s other friend who just died from CoViD and who’s funeral he attended this weekend.

Anyhow, I needed to vent and tell some rational and normal people who won’t scream at me for being concerned and even scared.

Thanks for listening. Well, reading. Lol. Love u bitches, as always.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 1:52 PM

Good luck to you, OP, but it’s hard to be sympathetic to the trumpsters. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 1:18 PM

OP you type crazy and trollish.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 1:45 PM

Bonus points for using "miasma" and "ever loving crap" in the same sentence.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 1:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!