Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eldergays, tell me about the tv show, " The New Girl."

I don't remember this tv show? Was Zooey Deschanel was a big star after it? Who watched it?

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 1:07 PM

You're asking eldergays about a show that aired from 2011 to 2018?

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 1:43 AM

She was a middling star during it and did it because she was aging out of manic pixie dreamgirl film roles. She saw how her sister made BANK doing the show Bones and wanted some of that sweet tv money. She made some good money and appears to be mostly retired from acting now. I think she is pivoting and setting up to be an HGTV star which is why she is now "dating" Jonathan of The Property Brothers

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 1:44 AM

I thought the guys were hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 1:47 AM

Max Greenfield was the only good thing to come out of that show.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 2:16 AM

There was some good sitcoms that came about during that period. Happy Endings being the best. The New Girl being very good.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 2:57 AM

R5 how about cougar town

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 2:59 AM

They were already well off. Zoey and Emily's dad is Caleb Deschanel, famous cinematographer known for shooting The Passion of The Christ and other films.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 3:13 AM

Eldergays did not view such dreck

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2020 3:27 AM

R6, I really, really liked Cougar Town!

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 6:08 AM

Ask us about the "It Girl" instead. We are all big Clara Bow fans.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 6:11 AM

I couldn't get into it because the Deschanel girl's conviction she was the cutest thing imaginable far outweighed my own views.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 11:29 AM

Max Greenfield has the most serious gay lisp in a straight guy. Jake Johnson is extremely cute! And he (like me) has a big crush on Dermot Mulroney. Awww.

You sure you didn't mean to ask about The Golden Girls, OP?

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 11:46 AM

[quote] Max Greenfield has the most serious gay lisp in a straight guy. Jake Johnson is extremely cute! And he (like me) has a big crush on Dermot Mulroney. Awww.

You're trying way too hard, R12. "Gay lisp" showed you were a troll and the rest of what you wrote sounds ridiculous. You're not a gay male. You are an internet troll farm minion trying to sound like a gay male.

It is a little early in the day to hand out a Razzie for worst thread and worst post but you are definitely a contender. You've left your stench in a number of threads so handing you several Razzies will not be difficult.

Dial it back a little. You fool no one.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 12:21 PM

^ Er...what? How's "gay lisp" showing me as an internet troll farm minion trying to sound like a gay male?

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 12:30 PM

It's hardly old!

I watched it first couple of seasons, and really enjoyed it - but for whatever reason I lost interest/lost track of the scheduling of it (it was back when I watched broadcast TV, which I seldom do now).

I'm sure it's probably on one of the streaming services I subscribe to, but my watchlist is already pretty full at the moment, perhaps I'll go back to it at some point.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 1:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!