Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Americans Ignore Pleas To Stay Home - Airports Packed

What does that say to you?

by Anonymousreply 99November 29, 2020 8:15 PM

That we are going to be in captivity for another year?

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 12:02 AM

A lot of us are going to die, and a bunch more will be left broke or with broken bodies.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 12:06 AM

That we are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 12:08 AM

It's their choice and I don't geeve a foock.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 12:09 AM

More lockdowns are inevitable because of all the fucktards that can't stay home.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 12:09 AM

[quote]It's their choice and I don't geeve a foock.

The problem is, they can spread it to others who DO give a fuck.

So much for April being the cruelest month.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 12:11 AM

American Exceptionalism gone horribly, horribly wrong

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 12:17 AM

One of my coworkers made the smart choice when she decided to drive 2300 miles to visit her family, finally, rather than fly. I think we all kind of knew this would happen.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2020 12:18 AM

Ignorant Americans Ignore Pleas To Stay Home - That Says It All

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 12:20 AM

R8 I hope she’s staying through New Year’s Day to drive that damn far! No way is that worth driving that far just for Thanksgiving unless they think it will be a relative’s last one.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 12:20 AM

[Quote]One of my coworkers made the smart choice when she decided to drive 2300 miles to visit her family

The smart choice would have been not to go at all.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 12:22 AM

You can also blame the MSM as well with their recent headlines and sensationalism of the vaccine. They have people thinking that everything is fine now and that the vaccine is ready to go when in reality it isn’t. It will be months before most people will be able to receive it.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 12:25 AM

Only idiots think that has been the storyline of the mainstream media, R12. It has been clearly reported what the time line is. Besides, unless you have already had the vaccine RIGHT NOW, how in the world would it help? Also, why are all of the idiots going to get the vaccine if they wouldn't even wear a simple mask? Because their cult leader tells them to?

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 12:29 AM

Yeah, I'm with R13.

The MSM is clearly asking about availability and the people who can get tested, as well as when.

Where are you getting your news from R12?

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 12:32 AM

Link please

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 12:34 AM

The TV is full of lies and bullshit, just like it always was. I'm amazed children of the 60s and 70s treat this shit like gospel.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2020 12:43 AM

Do these people really love their aunts, uncles, and cousins so much, or are they just being contrary and owning the libs?

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2020 12:46 AM

There are going to be a lot of excellent estate sales in the next few months.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2020 12:48 AM

R17 They don't believe Covid is dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2020 12:48 AM

R18 That's the thing, there won't.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2020 12:49 AM

[bold]The United States in particular is an amoral cesspool of selfish, ignorant fucktards who value their individual wants over the greater good. [/bold]

The West’s population — here, roughly America plus Europe — is about a billion people. (You can add Canada if you like, the numbers remain much the same.) At Eastern levels, that means the West should have seen just 12,000 deaths. How many have actually died? Half a million and counting. How much excess death is that? Almost all of it. 12,000 is just 2.4% of 500,000. That means that 97.6% of Covid deaths in the West are in excess. Of the number it could and should have hit. They did not need to happen."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2020 12:52 AM

Americans celebrating Thanksgiving by spreading disease is actually an incredibly accurate way to honor the holiday.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2020 12:55 AM

Be part of the elite and keep your guard up. Wear a mask, keep your distance, wipe your hands. Let those who want to get sick and die, die. Don't give others the power to make you sick against your will. You have the power to protect yourself. Use it.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2020 1:02 AM

Winter is coming.

Protect yourself.

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2020 1:03 AM

I’m a Hugh movie star and Immune.

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2020 1:04 AM

The bodies of more then 600 people who died in New York City during the Covid-19 surge in the spring are still in storage in freezer trucks on the Brooklyn waterfront.

Many of the bodies have not been claimed because their families cannot afford burials, or because next of kin cannot be found.

“In several cases during the pandemic, investigators realized next of kin weren’t answering the phone because they too had died.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2020 1:05 AM

Yo, this virus is everywhere at this point. It's in every HVAC system it is in the air in nearly every edifice in the world. It does not know what plexiglass or masks are. THIS IS A LAME SOCIAL EXPERIMENT. It is also biological warfare. Period. The various acutrements are elite compliance tests. Wait for community immunity.

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2020 1:22 AM

I don’t care, do you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2020 1:23 AM

R23, I can be as safe as I can but I'm worried about me or a family member having some other kind of medical emergency and having to go into the Covid abyss because these assholes can't control even the lowliest of their idiotic and ignorant impulses. The longer this goes on, the more likely that scenario is going to happen to more and more people, especially the older ones.

I really wish the hospitals would triage using a questionaire along the lines of 1) Is Covid a hoax? 2) Did you go out without a mask in the last six months? 3) Have you been to a gathering with people other than those you live with in the last three months?, etc. And, if you answer yes to any of them, you are denied medical care. Desperate times and all that.

I mean, really, I saw some doctor or nurse interviewed the other day who said a patient said they hoped they had lung cancer, not Covid. I guess because having Covid would prove them wrong? WTH is wrong with people? This is what happens when you stop evolution by letting every dumb fucker breed.

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2020 1:26 AM

R27 is a perfect example of the inbred, mouth-breathing, monkey fucking assholes I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2020 1:28 AM

r39, Thanks, the doctor said I was a mouth breather when I was 11. I remember it well..... Good Luck with the paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2020 1:38 AM

They're going home to kill grandma

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2020 1:41 AM

I can’t believe all these people are ignoring the warnings. It sucks, because it’s going to make my air travel this week to see my family for Thanksgiving more stressful.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2020 2:07 AM

I am actually going to be by myself this Thanksgiving. But that’s OK. It’s just not worth the chance. So I’ll be watching Home Alone with a cheese pizza. And I will be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2020 2:22 AM

R22---I'm going home for thanksgiving and bringing the small pox blankets!

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2020 2:26 AM

[quote]I am actually going to be by myself this Thanksgiving. But that’s OK. It’s just not worth the chance. So I’ll be watching Home Alone with a cheese pizza. And I will be just fine.

For goodness sake’s at least make it a pepperoni pizza! 🍕

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2020 2:26 AM

My sister and brother in law drove from Ohio to California to be with their son and his wife and their grandson who is just 3. They did it in two nights and three days, too the northern route and stayed in suburban hotels like Homewood Suites, and Residence Inn. They packed Lysol spray disinfectant and a few rolls of paper toweling, they had surgical gloves and masks, and they had a cooler they packed with fresh carrots and celery sticks, snack foods and breakfast items like yogurt and cereal. The had bottled water. Only stopped for gasoline and had one take out meal for dinner, other wise breakfast and lunch were from the cooler. They had to put in 12-14 hours driving but they shared it. It was a smart way to go. When they arrived they quarantined for 7 d ays. They've been in California now for about four months. They will start for home sometime in April.

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2020 2:28 AM

R37 here. Forgot to say that they wore gloves to gas up and go to the bathroom, and they wiped down their rooms at the hotels before they used a toilet or a shower. Everything had to be wiped with Lysol. They didn't mind. They said it made them feel safer.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2020 2:30 AM

Americans were told it would affect the elderly, smokers, the obese, those with diabetes, those with asthma, and those with HIV.

Naturally they are hoping all these are killed and their insurance rates come down as a result.

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2020 2:30 AM

r37, My wife and I are driving to Palm Spring from Oregon mid January and will stay through the end of April. I think we can do the drive in 2 days so we will only have 1 night in a motel. We will not have contact with anyone for 7 - 14 days once we get there.

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2020 2:32 AM

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2020 3:39 PM

That most of these people will have just enough time to make it back home to BITCH about their families, their drunk uncles, the tacky decor, the dry turkey, the hometown boredom before they DIE of Covid. I'm getting to the point where I don't feel sorry for any of these assholes. At all.

by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2020 3:43 PM

Is Betsy DeVos dead yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2020 3:50 PM

Dumb fucking cunts.

by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2020 3:51 PM

Of course my deplorable family decided this year was the year to invite mother and I to all manner of events. Never mind for the last 15 they havent fucking bothered. She naturally is throwing a fit to attend and Im absolutely refusing,so its been very tense around my house . She gets the whole covid thing, yet she seems to refuse to see how very insidious it is. We live in florida,no less,one of the hardest hit states . None of my family masks even though my neice already had it once . Its crazy times and Im not sure our familial bonds are going to survive them.

by Anonymousreply 45November 23, 2020 3:55 PM

R37, as someone who did everything right and used plenty of disinfectant, always wore masks, was careful constantly, yet still got it, I'm sorry but your relatives aren't being smart.

This shit is contagious as hell. My bf and I got it because the car broke down and we had no choice but to get the car fixed. Everyone at the auto shop who was in the building proper was wearing a mask, and the mechanics weren't, but they were in another room that was basically outside in a ventilated area with all garage doors open. Yet a few minutes in the building was all it took, my bf got COVID. He used hand sanitizer, showered after he got home, washed his clothes immediately, sprayed everything down that he'd been carrying in his pockets, it didn't matter.

Thanksgiving is going to be a bloodbath. People are going to be spending Christmas in shock as the relatives they saw on Thanksgiving go into the ICU and die.

by Anonymousreply 46November 23, 2020 3:56 PM

Everyone thinks it won’t happen to them, but sooner or later, it will.

by Anonymousreply 47November 23, 2020 4:00 PM

The best way to gauge peoples attitude is how they act when they are driving. Never once do I leave my house where I don't see people speeding or cutting people off. There is still lots of traffic in LA, so I suspect lots of liberal hypocrites living here.

by Anonymousreply 48November 23, 2020 4:01 PM

R46, that seems convoluted. It's much more likely the BF got it from the side cock he is getting.

by Anonymousreply 49November 23, 2020 4:30 PM

R46 I'm starting to think people who live that way are suppressing their own immune systems somehow. They seem MORE likely to catch it.

by Anonymousreply 50November 23, 2020 4:30 PM

"Convoluted" isn't the right word there R49, but otherwise an admirable effort. Especially for Datalounge, where the bar is ridiculously low.

by Anonymousreply 51November 23, 2020 4:32 PM

I live in an apartment bldg in nyc. Saturday, Sunday and today I’ve watched at least 10 neighbors drag suitcases into ubers and head to the airport. There will be more. I’m going to start wearing gloves I. Public areas like the laundry room. I can’t believe how careless people are.

by Anonymousreply 52November 23, 2020 4:40 PM

R52 What will the gloves do?

by Anonymousreply 53November 23, 2020 4:53 PM

[quote] The TV is full of lies and bullshit, just like it always was. I'm amazed children of the 60s and 70s treat this shit like gospel.

I’m not. It’s the last time traditional media went unchallenged by the Internet or cable television.

by Anonymousreply 54November 23, 2020 4:57 PM

I had to fly two times. Once in September and once in October. You couldn't pay me to fly now. On the plane people are allowed to take their mask off to eat or drink. If you want to make flying as safe as possible there should be no eating or drinking during the flight.

by Anonymousreply 55November 23, 2020 4:58 PM

Christmas is only 4 weeks out from Thanksgiving. What could possibly go wrong here?

by Anonymousreply 56November 23, 2020 5:02 PM

Due to COVID fatigue I think there's going to be a lot of people shirking stay at home orders, which will be coming. People are just too selfish. We need the vaccine soon.

by Anonymousreply 57November 23, 2020 5:03 PM

A Nation of Fucktards.

by Anonymousreply 58November 23, 2020 5:04 PM

I've been saying this for decades here! Most Americans are the most selfish, entitled, egotistical cunts on the planet! If something doesn't DIRECTLY affect them then it doesn't exist. This is why I want the economy to collapse and gas prices to go over $10.00 a gallon. Just to show these stupid fucking cunts they're WRONG!

by Anonymousreply 59November 23, 2020 5:12 PM

I’m glad to have a reason not to get on a plane to see my family. Long ago I got on a plane to gtf away from them.

by Anonymousreply 60November 23, 2020 5:12 PM

I’m an American and I can do what I want, pandemic be damned! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 61November 23, 2020 5:14 PM

It's as much the airline's fault as the fools packing onto the planes.

by Anonymousreply 62November 23, 2020 5:15 PM

It says to me that a lot of fat deplorables don't want to miss out on the most gluttonous holiday of the year.

by Anonymousreply 63November 23, 2020 5:18 PM

R57 Most of the people who are running around reckless are against taking a vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 64November 23, 2020 5:21 PM

R59, you do know that Deplorables would blame Biden for it, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 65November 23, 2020 5:21 PM

Who gives a fuck, r65. They're trash regardless.

by Anonymousreply 66November 23, 2020 5:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 23, 2020 5:27 PM

Are numbers at least down from a normal holiday travel season?

by Anonymousreply 68November 23, 2020 5:29 PM

R27 Umm, the elite has died from thus virus too. There's been billionaires that have died from COVID-19.

It's not just everyday people. The elites are dying from it too.

by Anonymousreply 69November 23, 2020 5:33 PM

It says that most Americans are dumbasses, which has been my throry for years, and which explains how we got trump as so-called president.

by Anonymousreply 70November 23, 2020 5:36 PM

R6 if you don't want to get infected, you can just stay in your hellhole as long as you want and nobody can smoke you out to be exposed to the virus. So it's still their choice to die. Your business is to save your life, not those of others.

by Anonymousreply 71November 23, 2020 5:38 PM

Do people actually like their families this much? Apparently not since they’re willing to kill them. I’m thankful I barely have to see and deal with anyone this year, Thanksgiving + Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 72November 23, 2020 5:40 PM

The airlines should never have been given a cent. There would be no flights available without crew or maintenance. How come it’s ok to shut down the cruise industry but not airlines. No, it’s not safe to fly.

by Anonymousreply 73November 23, 2020 5:45 PM

Americans are highly conditioned people. They’ve been conditioned for years by corporations and the film & television industries to believe they’ve got to have a traditional American holiday season, or life as we know it will cease to exist.

I can’t get home to Chicago in time for thanksgiving? That’s unacceptable! I’ve got to physically & mentally torture myself for days to get home for Thanksgiving instead of staying in a nice, warm hotel overnight. Because thanksgiving means my family loves me, and I love them.

It’s the Depression. I want to be a professional writer when I grow up, and it’s thanksgiving and my daddy isn’t home yet. It’s snowing outside! Mama, what’re we gonna do? “Don’t worry John Boy. We’ll think of something family-oriented & we’ll find your daddy and you can write about it when you grow up.”

Oh no! The evil imaginary character wants to CANCEL Christmas! What’ll we do?

My kid wants the last action adventure character for Christmas & there’s only one left in stores! I’m going to have to fight other parents to get it!

I’m just a kid and robbers are trying to break into my house on Christmas and I’m all alone! You can’t bust into my house on CHRISTMAS & oh yeah, I’ve gotta tell the old guy next door to call his son on the phone because magic of Christmas, love, family, etc.

My boss didn’t give me a raise & I can’t buy nice presents for my family. Without nice presents, there’s no Christmas spirit. I’m going to burn everything down in this town to make Christmas spirit happen (don’t worry, boss will change his mind & we’ll get money so we can be heartwarmingly happy again).

I’ve accidentally KILLED Santa Claus! Now I’m going to have to figure something out to save Christmas because if kids don’t get lots of presents, there’s no Christmas magic in the world. It’s all up to me to save Christmas!

———

And that’s why lemmings are running home for the holiday

PS - Canadians also have thanksgiving & Christmas but they don’t write & produce gallons of holiday- threatening holiday entertainment. They just film it there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 23, 2020 6:21 PM

People are afraid that they may catch Covid at home, or their family will, and someone will die and then they will never have had the opportunity to see their family again for the holidays. No one is guaranteed that they will be alive a year from now, so they don’t want to risk not seeing their family again by postponing their trip.

by Anonymousreply 75November 23, 2020 6:36 PM

[quote] No one is guaranteed that they will be alive a year from now, so they don’t want to risk not seeing their family again by postponing their trip.

Thereby increasing the odds that their elderly relatives will indeed be experiencing their last Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 76November 23, 2020 6:40 PM

Because Freedom!

by Anonymousreply 77November 23, 2020 6:52 PM

My niece is a heath worker - works in a covid hospital - we have not seen her in a year. She was going to come home for Thanksgiving - until three of her co-workers tested positive. She called to say she was not coming, got a covid test. She is neg but decided not to come anyways. So fuck all these people.

by Anonymousreply 78November 23, 2020 7:07 PM

When we finally get hit by a nuclear bomb, at least a third of Americans will be out in the streets, believing that fallout is a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 79November 23, 2020 7:09 PM

The lockdowns are arbitrary and incoherent, they make no sense. The governors who ordered them don't follow them. The "science" they're based on is shaky at best.

Adherence to pandemic guidelines has been, and will remain, a class signifier. You've already got idiots upthread promoting mask wearing as an elite behavior. We've been mocking public displays of social distancing since they started.

The joke has been for months that if someone's wearing a mask while driving, or out walking alone, you don't have to ask- you know they're a Biden voter already.

Biden voters are the elite.

by Anonymousreply 80November 23, 2020 7:12 PM

[quote]Biden voters are the elite.

And damned proud of it.

by Anonymousreply 81November 23, 2020 7:21 PM

R80 those elitists won’t get in my way! I know how to handle this! We need to trust the people! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 82November 23, 2020 7:21 PM

R81 Makes you wonder how he managed to "win" with such a narrow slice of the population as his base.

by Anonymousreply 83November 23, 2020 7:23 PM

R82 She'll be the first female president.

by Anonymousreply 84November 23, 2020 7:24 PM

Oh btw, I wipe back to front and then eat it.

by Anonymousreply 85November 23, 2020 7:29 PM

My sister is undergoing chemo and radiation for glioblastoma. We are all too aware that this may likely be her last Thanksgiving and Christmas. But to visit her would require either flying through two airports or driving more than sixteen hours, requiring at least one night in a motel (I can’t drive that long in a day and my husband is no longer good to drive on unfamiliar highways). I love my sister dearly and because I do I don’t want to possibly expose her to Covid, were I or my husband (who is 80 himself—my sister is 68) to get exposed sling the way. It breaks my heart but I don’t want to do anything to endanger her already compromised immune system.

by Anonymousreply 86November 23, 2020 7:35 PM

My parents who are in Arizona, wouldn't let my sister and I come from Cali and Illinois, respectively. One of their friends died and they're 74 and convinced they'd die if they got it. Granted my sister and I weren't pressuring them to come, but back at the end of September we had at least considered Thanksgiving. When we called it off about a month ago, we said "we'll see if Christmas is better" - and it won't be. It's actually a blessing in disguise that my uncle died in March right before it all went to shit - so I saw my parents then; and I saw them at the end of September when they were driving from MN to AZ. Probably won't see them until the spring or early summer.

by Anonymousreply 87November 23, 2020 7:35 PM

I’m so sorry R86. For what it’s worth, I think you’re doing the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 88November 23, 2020 7:43 PM

I’ve been thinking about something I saw on Twitter recently - I forget who actually said it but essentially:

If you’re planning for a big thanksgiving, you’ll soon be planning for a small Christmas funeral.

by Anonymousreply 89November 23, 2020 8:23 PM

This is some shit. I'm angry. You know, this is us. This is typical. All we hear from Republicans and their corporate minders is that there is too uch government regulation, etc. and yet they never dream of corporate responsibility Without regulation and oversight would they pay their workers a lvining wage? Would they refrain from polluting and make cars and use energy that would save us from the effects of Climate change? Would they care about safety? Would they care about infrastructure or clean water and not dumping chemicals into the ground water our kids drink? And this response to c=COVID is the same in a granular way. We do not give a f uck. We rolll the dice. Don't give a fuck about the healthcare workers or the fact hospitals are running out of beds, etc. I hate us.

by Anonymousreply 90November 24, 2020 12:59 AM

R86, I know it's hard, but you're doing the right thing. Imagine how you would feel if she got COVID after your visit. Could you possibly do a Zoom holiday visit with her? I recently went to a Zoom birthday party and had a great time! It didn't feel at all like a pale imitation of a real visit.

by Anonymousreply 91November 24, 2020 1:17 AM

I wonder what the numbers will be now?

by Anonymousreply 92November 29, 2020 3:46 AM

Our government will use this as an excuse to usurp more power.

by Anonymousreply 93November 29, 2020 3:47 AM

Airlines need to limit yhe number of flights and the nunber of people allowed on each flight.

by Anonymousreply 94November 29, 2020 3:51 AM

They should shut down airlines that allow non essential travel. That would fix it.

by Anonymousreply 95November 29, 2020 4:37 AM

I was listening to some show on NPR and they pointed out that next week numbers might be down because the population got tested less the week of the holiday. So lower numbers might be reported which will probably back fire, causing more people to take less precautions.

by Anonymousreply 96November 29, 2020 4:44 AM

[quote]They should shut down airlines that allow non essential travel. That would fix it.

They should have done it a long time ago. Can you imagine how many lives it would have saved? I guess they have a stronger lobby than the cruise industry.

R96, they are also worried that people will see the numbers being slightly lower due to fewer tests and will all decide to go ahead and make huge Christmas plans cuz "See, we had Thanksgiving and no one died!" How these idiots can't figure out that there's a two week delay in infection, a three week delay in hospitalizations, and a month delay in deaths, I'll never understand.

I will say, I was a bit heartened by the fact that in-person Black Friday shopping was down 58%. They showed downtown Chicago and it was almost empty. I'm surprised Lori Lightfoot wasn't out there running around in a huge Grinch outfit chasing people away! Love her.

by Anonymousreply 97November 29, 2020 9:10 AM

Can you imagine how many lives would be saved if we hermeticallt sealed everyone in their homes and only allowed them out to buy supplies on a rotating schedule? Why won't anyone take Covid seriously?

by Anonymousreply 98November 29, 2020 9:39 AM

R98, you're a fucking idiot but you know that. Really, there is no difference between being locked up in your home and not traveling on an airplane, right? You'll change your tune when someone you know gets very sick or dies. That's the only way ignorant dumbfucks like you ever learn anything.

by Anonymousreply 99November 29, 2020 8:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!