Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I finally watched the movie Se7en today

Yes, I know I’m 25 years behind, but better late than never. I already knew about the ending, but that knowledge didn’t keep me from enjoying it. It was a well-done thriller, and Morgan Freeman was never better. He had a really good run, didn’t he?

I was sure the setting was New York, but the last scene clearly takes place in California.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2020 2:31 AM

Great film. Morgan stole the show and Brad was still a young promising actor who did his best. Gwyneth was tolerable too.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 10:58 PM

It was filmed in Southern California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 11:01 PM

I enjoy any film where Gwyneth Paltrow's character dies.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 11:03 PM

I noticed most TV and films especially back then are obviously filmed in California. Donnie Darko was supposed to be set in Virginia but looked like California. In an interesting note, Dawson's Creek was set in a suburb of Boston but obviously looked like the South which it was in North Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 11:06 PM

Was this the movie where Kevin Spacey turned out to be the killer? I haven't seen it in years.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 11:09 PM

Yes, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 11:09 PM

I know you're still angry at Kevin, Anthony, but he identifies as "he" not "it".

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 11:11 PM

Try Zodiac next. Great movie, potentially the best American film of the 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 11:13 PM

R8, yes, I’ve seen that a couple of times and enjoyed it very much.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 11:16 PM

I agree that Zodiac is a great movie, highly recommended.

When Jakey was in the basement of that old house.......holy shit! That scene was so well-done.

And of course the opening scene with the couple at the lake and then we see the Zodiac Killer peeking out from behind a tree. Scary as hell.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 11:36 PM

It's a shame Goop wasn't actually beheaded in the film. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 12:32 AM

Actor Vic Morrow and two children

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 12:34 AM

The happy ending caught me off guard.

Having both Paltrow AND Spacey killed off was such a wonderful surprise.

I didn't know it was a comedy until then! It restore my faith in dramatic "rightness."

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 12:48 AM

The spelling of the title always bugged me. I say it to myself "Se-Seven-En."

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 12:53 AM

Correct, R12.

Separately, during the production of the 1981 miniseries "World War III" Boris Sagal (father of actress Katey Sagal) was also beheaded by a helicopter rotor blade. Apparently, when he got out of the aircraft, he turned the wrong way and walked into the spinning blade.

Fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 1:02 AM

love this movie

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2020 2:25 AM

So what was in the booooooooooooox?

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2020 2:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!