Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump privately plots his next act — including a potential 2024 run

[quote] President Trump would have the world falsely believe that he won the election and is preparing for a second term. In private huddles and phone conversations, however, Trump has been discussing an entirely different next act: another presidential run in 2024.

[quote] In a nod to the reality that he is destined to leave office in January, the president is seriously contemplating life beyond the White House, telling advisers that he wants to remain an omnipresent force in politics and the media — perhaps by running for the White House again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2020 10:41 AM

A bloated 78-yr. old with no ideas or policies or agenda? Just "Vote for me cause they stole it from me four years ago". Why would that be an attractive option for the Republican party?

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 7:21 AM

Hopefully he'll be rotting in prison in 2024

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 7:25 AM

There's absolutely no fucking way Trump will ever be reelected in 2024.

It will never happen. Never ever.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 7:27 AM

[quote]There's absolutely no fucking way Trump will ever be reelected in 2024. It will never happen. Never ever.

Just like people said he would never be elected in 2016.

He has a death cult of 70 million deplorables who are literally willing to die for their Dear Leader. He can totally be re-elected in 2024.

Tish James in the NY AG's office, or an assassin, are the only hopes we have to get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 7:30 AM

He’s going to jail. NY is not letting him off the hook.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 7:33 AM

Just as a reminder, 61M people voted for Mitt Romney and it didn’t make him a superstar Kingmaker. Trump’s appeal is greatly overestimated - the media love to do this.

Five dollars to see a former President who failed at re-election? A lot of people will give that a hard pass. And it won’t be televised. He’s monopolised the airwaves the last 4 years because he’s President. He won’t get that kind of coverage after 20/01/21 - except when he’s waking in and out of courtrooms.

He’ll be a fringe act very soon.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 8:06 AM

He can't even walk down a ramp right now,; there's not a chance that his health is going to let him run in 2024; if he is even alive for that matter.

The ruse that he has 2024 in his sights is just red meat being tossed to the base to keep them salivating until he comes up with the next grift.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 8:17 AM

R2 Hopefully he be in his grave by 2024.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 8:18 AM

I am astonished he's alive considering what he eats. A couple of 6-packs a day of Diet Coke, KFC, McDonalds, Burger King and some other fast-food dumps are his routine. How does one get to be 74, obese and still alive at that age? No way does he survive another four years. Besides, I've been saying all along that he will be taken out and soon once he leaves office, and possibly before it's time for him to vacate. He's a loose cannon. He knows too much and cannot be allowed to remain on the sunny side of the grass. I absolutely believe his days are numbered. His "Next Act" may well be 6 ft. under.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 8:45 AM

R9 - don't forget his daily intake of cocaine and amphetamines. These drugs were not designed for morbidly obese 70-somethings. Tick tock, tick tock, Trumpty Dumpty..

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 9:25 AM

I want him to go the fuck away and leave us all alone.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 9:33 AM

[quote]A couple of 6-packs a day of Diet Coke, KFC, McDonalds, Burger King and some other fast-food dumps are his routine.

How do we know this for a fact? I certainly hope it is fact but has it been confirmed?

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 9:35 AM

He confirmed it in an interview R12.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 9:40 AM

He also has an insatiable sweet tooth. When he has dessert it's often double what others at the table or function are served.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2020 9:42 AM

[quote]He confirmed it in an interview

He'll say anything for attention. Not exactly known for his credibility.

He's a pathetic 74 year-old trying to be bad-ass. Playing up to his biker bros and pickup truck contingent.

Laughable

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 12:49 AM

Maybe this time they'll vet him before allowing him to be a candidate.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2020 3:23 AM

I’d willing to wager no other Trump will ever get in 25ft of that White House again. The Republicans will see it never happens with all that’s gone down these last four years. The party is sinking fast and they’ll move onto the next dunce who maybe can rescue it.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2020 3:37 AM

I’d be^

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2020 3:38 AM

His blather about running in 2024 is just a ploy to get his deplorables to keep emptying their pockets for him.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2020 3:54 AM

Follow the money. He's already hunkered-down with Uday and Qusay and planning Trump Tower Calcutta.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2020 6:08 AM

Whatever. I actually think this will just create more chaos and dissension within the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2020 6:11 AM

[quote]A bloated 78-yr. old with no ideas or policies or agenda? Just "Vote for me cause they stole it from me four years ago". Why would that be an attractive option for the Republican party?

R1. Perfect response.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2020 7:13 AM

R17, I don’t think the American people will ever let that happen again. You know, administrations get written about once they leave office, people talk; I don’t think the post-mortem on this one is going to be very good.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2020 7:54 AM

R4 has a point. I falsely believed his base would not grow beyond the 63 million he got in 2016. He got 10! million more this time. If he can keep the lawsuits at bay, and he will try, he will run again in 2024 and the GOP will welcome him with open arms.

I'm afraid this nightmare isn't over, but hopefully I'm wrong again. Dems need to nurture Stacey Abrams type of politicians/activists in every state.

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2020 8:12 AM

^. It’s not going to be over until he croaks. His children doesn’t have his charisma for a better word.

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2020 8:18 AM

His niece Mary Trump said there’s no way he’ll run for election in 2024 because of the possibility he could lose (or have it “stolen” from him!) again. He has narcissistic personality disorder and his ego couldn’t deal with the possibility of another failure like this. He’ll be all talk but it’ll never happen.

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2020 8:35 AM

This doesn't make any sense to me. He has spent 4 years whining and complaining about how villified he is, barely does any work, and essentially just treated the entire presidency as one big grift - I don't seriously think he wants to do it again, I don't really think he wanted to do it in the first place.

I feel hopeful that America will move on sufficiently in the next 4 years to make the prospect of another Trump presidency an absolute impossibility - people will just not want to go backwards. I hope.

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2020 9:05 AM

The grift is good!

- Ivanka

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2020 9:08 AM

I don't agree that he knows too much R9 - I honestly don't think that he would have been informed of any of the really secretive stuff that a President would be normally, or if he was given access to the information, he would have been far too lazy to actually read any of it.

Of course, the majority of the people around him are as evil, corrupt and incompetent as he is, but I still believe there are some things that would have been kept from him - simply because they realised he could never be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2020 9:10 AM

R29 Who is "They"

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2020 9:14 AM

He's not running for shit.

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2020 10:28 AM

Get in the coffin, please.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2020 10:32 AM

[quote]His niece Mary Trump said there’s no way he’ll run for election in 2024 because of the possibility he could lose

But he wanted to lose in 2016, remember? All this "he never wanted to win, he just wanted the publicity boost" talk doesn't jibe with the "he won't run again because he'll be unable to handle losing" talk.

The fact is that Trump is mentally ill, suffering from at least a mild form of dementia, and not very smart on top of that, and he changes on a whim. We have no idea what he's going to do because HE has no idea what he is going to do.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2020 10:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!