Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Coq au Vin: do you have a recipe?

Anybody make this on a regular basic? What ingredients are important? What makes it more special? Have a recipe to share?

Will be making in a 6 quart dutch oven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2021 3:03 PM

i have cut up chicken

mushrooms, carrots

for onions, shallots and red onions.

I have a high end pinot noir that leans towards a burgundy (some fruit notes, but grounded with Forrest and Earthy fabulousness).

Courvoisier Cognac (I am not sure how to add this)

Thyme and Parsley.

I will get turkey bacon, tomato paste (might not need), high end butter.

Is there something else I need? Something I m missing? Post your recipe? I want to make sure the red wine sauce is delicious? I want the chicken so tender, falls off the bone.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 5:10 AM

Ask that fat cunt Ina.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 5:12 AM

i just spent 200 dollars on liquor for this dish, so I cannot fuck it up.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 5:14 AM

OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2021 2:27 PM

Shouldn't it really involve an old rooster ? All this talk of hen substitutes.

by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2021 2:29 PM

Whatever recipe you use, add one teaspoon of anchovy paste, and decrease salt. It's an Ancient Frenchie Secret.

by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2021 2:39 PM

When you met me you knew I was more Coco Chanel than Coq au Vin.

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2021 2:46 PM

Use Julia's recipe...delicious but a bitch to make (and expensive!)

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2021 2:52 PM

Substitute Chinese rice wine for the French red. Next time you feel adventurous.

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2021 3:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!