Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Good movies about human ordeals

Preferably man vs. Nature, but any human misery will do.

There's a touch of Winter in the air tonight, and I'm feeling cozy. I want to feel lucky and special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 8:09 AM

I’m watching ON THE BEACH on YouTube right now. It’s totally about human ordeals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 1:52 AM

"The Lost Weekend" is great, OP. Just don't expect to be uplifted by it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 1:58 AM

The Edge

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 1:59 AM

Now Voyager - dealing with the greatest ordeal known to man - a narcissistic, overbearing, controlling mother.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 2:01 AM

Aren't all movies about human ordeals, other than movies about anthropomorphized animals that face other ordeals?

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 2:02 AM

The Witch or The VVitch

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 2:05 AM

The Diary of Anne Frank

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 2:07 AM

"Schindler's List"

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 2:09 AM

“Into The Wild” and “Wild”.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 3:51 AM

There’s this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 3:57 AM

I don't really get the question?

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 6:03 AM

Castaway

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 7:50 AM

THE GREY with Liam Neeson is awesome.

I also like the documentary TOUCHING THE VOID.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 8:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!