Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends, behold the most expensive home in Utah is for sale.

The land is beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 23, 2020 1:48 AM

Do you get Jethro and Elly May as part of the deal?

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 1:41 AM

The land is beautiful. The house is ... purdy. The interiors have to be gutted. Overall, nouveau-riche.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 1:41 AM

How I know that hideous kitchen was coming?

The American "Chateau" style mansion is my least favorite dwelling of all. I'd rather a split-level ranch and I hate those.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 1:44 AM

What a luxury to have a bedroom for each of your wives!

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 1:44 AM

If they have same sex marriage in UT can I have several men as spouses in different appts on the same estate? This might help solve the terrible top/bottom ratio.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 1:46 AM

Jesus Christ, that house is hideous as is every single thing inside it. Just by dumb luck you'd think there would be ONE attractive attribute, but no.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 1:50 AM

Gaudy and disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 1:50 AM

How much does that kind of acreage normally go for in Utah?

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 1:57 AM

It's true! Money can't buy taste.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 2:00 AM

The house is disgusting and tacky inside and outside.

The land and setting are beyond STUNNING.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 2:02 AM

That is the saddest kid’s room I’ve ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 2:02 AM

I agree R10. The grounds are lovely but the house, with all its ornate built in flourishes, is terribly tacky, at least by my estimation.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 2:03 AM

What's with the pervasive trend in over-decorating everything? Don't most people get dizzy looking at way, way too many contrasting pictures displayed IMHO strange methods?

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 2:06 AM

If it doesn't come with a complete collection of Marie Osmond Mormon girls dolls

that's a deal breaker

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2020 2:18 AM

It does R14. Count on it.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2020 2:20 AM

Does it come with one of those Zion curtains?

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2020 2:25 AM

Hideous. It looks like a Versailles-themed miniature golf course set amid strip-mined hilltops.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2020 2:25 AM

Does some DIamond from AMWAY own it or something?

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2020 2:26 AM

A large rustic cabin, or log cabin-style ranch would have complimented the land and general vibe of the area much better. Why a formal phoney French chateau was chosen is just bonkers. It looks like the home from the old movie "Ruggles of Red Gap" about the wealthy yet unsophisticated Washington state characters would prefer.

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2020 2:28 AM

That house is nothing that a couple of surface to surface precision missiles won't fix.

by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote] Hideous. It looks like a Versailles-themed miniature golf course set amid strip-mined hilltops.

That's also what I thought of the setting. There is nothing "stunning" about the dreary land beyond grounds.

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2020 2:37 AM

The land is gorgeous. The buildings are awful and look so out of place. In OP's pic, the house looks inserted via computer.

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2020 2:47 AM

There isn't a single thing about the home(s) that I like. Heinous in every respect. Tear-down.

by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2020 2:49 AM

I never knew Mormons were such "showy" people. Like r19 said, a large rambling log cabin style house would be more appropriate for the setting. This house looks more suburban Dallas then Utah. The interior is channeling Spelling Manor. Candy would love it

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2020 3:39 AM

Jesus H Christ! The Lord should smite that abomination from the magnificent land it defiles.

by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2020 3:48 AM

The art is horrible. AUDREY? KINKAIDE? Who owns this tragic Mount Morman?

by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2020 3:53 AM

It looks like something that one of the horrible influencer/super Morman Skalla family would own.

by Anonymousreply 27November 22, 2020 3:54 AM

Why would anyone build that style of house in that setting? It’s as out of place as a bastard at a family reunion.

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2020 3:57 AM

Hideous.

by Anonymousreply 29November 22, 2020 4:20 AM

This house explains why Europeans say those nasty things about Americans.

by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2020 4:23 AM

Supposedly this is a "vacation residence" for a family from Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 31November 22, 2020 4:47 AM

What a mess! Good gawd. So many beautiful materials all stirred up and made into a big bunch of ugliness!

by Anonymousreply 32November 22, 2020 5:01 AM

Smooth marble steps up to a shower. What could go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 33November 22, 2020 5:05 AM

The "art". My eyes!!

It's just another tacky supersized McMansion.

by Anonymousreply 34November 22, 2020 5:19 AM

If you live in Arizona, do you really vacation in Utah?

by Anonymousreply 35November 22, 2020 5:21 AM

Honestly, the land is beautiful (in the distance), but it would be like living in a lunar colony.

Different strokes, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 36November 22, 2020 5:23 AM

A French chateau with a manicured lawn in the middle of a high desert? How very...developed.

Does it come with the tchotchkes, I wonder? Because that would surely be a selling point for the type of oligarch or Akansas lottery winner that might actually buy the place.

by Anonymousreply 37November 22, 2020 9:07 AM

Say something nice: it's entirely consistent in design, down to the last faux-everything detail.

by Anonymousreply 38November 22, 2020 9:09 AM

The hi-fancy of it all calls to mind an LDS temple in a Utah hick town.

by Anonymousreply 39November 22, 2020 9:15 AM

It does look like a temple, and with that public shower they aren't helping their case.

by Anonymousreply 40November 22, 2020 9:46 AM

[quote]I never knew Mormons were such "showy" people.

Foyers designed to look like Celestial Rooms are popular with MLM CEOs. They use them for photo shoots and film videos in them, and it's supposed to serve as a reminder to the suckers that they're successful because Heavenly Father appreciated their work ethic and rewarded them. Unfortunately, they don't know when to stop and suddenly there's an easel in every room.

It works because the same suckers — who have just sunk their life savings into a garage full of vitamins — obviously aren't making Heavenly Father happy and the only way they can remedy that is by becoming more successful and that can ONLY be done by increasing the inventory spilling out of the garage.

But this house is tiny compared to the MLMansion down the street, which is (or was) brown and hideous and filled with animal heads. I'll see if I can find pictures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 22, 2020 10:00 AM

Looks like it was built and decorated in the 90's. That tacky faux French chateau (and also Tuscon) style was all the rage then. Hopelessly out of date now. And even in 1995, it was never appropriate in that location. It screams New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 42November 22, 2020 10:10 AM

Thanks, r41, like I said, I didn't know Mormons were showy. They seem so conservative with their "magic underwear" and all

by Anonymousreply 43November 22, 2020 10:24 AM

Here we go. This is the monstrosity I mentioned at R41. It's nice to see that the vast expanses of beige and brown haven't been updated, but they need fewer pictures of the Sam's Town waterfall and more of the death room. For some reason, I thought it was 65,000 square feet.

The owner, Tom Mower, used to host insane events in the house including sales workshops that were designed to be like prison. The attendees would be picked up in buses and have to hand over their phones and other devices immediately. They'd be driven to his house, assigned a uniform, and for the rest of the weekend or whatever it was, they were his prisoners.

Then he died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 22, 2020 10:44 AM

The hideous art on easels is what did it for me. Reminds me of the NJ home posted multiple times the other day, which had all sorts of art and family photos on easels, both large and small. Easels in general should be used sparingly, and I say this as a proud maximalist. When you have plenty of blank wall space, hang the art instead of putting two easels at the bottom of a double staircase (already designed way too close together) where people might be prone to trip over or stumble into them at whatever soiree you might (never) be hosting. The cherry on the top is that one of the easels was empty...wtf was that about?

by Anonymousreply 45November 22, 2020 11:04 AM

Goof Lord, R44, it looks like Louis XV had taken up residence in a Cabela's off I-80.

by Anonymousreply 46November 22, 2020 11:14 AM

The house is hideous but the acreage is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 47November 22, 2020 11:22 AM

I'd rather buy a trailer and plant it where the photog snapped images from above so I could laugh while looking down at that shithole.

by Anonymousreply 48November 22, 2020 11:26 AM

It looks like what some hick country music star from the sticks would build because it would be her idea of "fancy." A garish monstrosity.

by Anonymousreply 49November 22, 2020 11:33 AM

Looks like Episode 1 of Schitts Creek

by Anonymousreply 50November 22, 2020 11:36 AM

OP-When will you stupid cunts understand that there is no such thing as a tasteful friend in a red area.

Plus, if you DO decide to pick out some vulgarity, it should be interesting. Stop wasting our time with your insipid choices.

Die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 51November 22, 2020 11:39 AM

I'd rather vacation here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 22, 2020 11:39 AM

The House that Pyramid Selling Built

by Anonymousreply 53November 22, 2020 11:42 AM

R53, Trend in Vegas is way, way, way over-the-top decorated homes even for upscale retirement communities. Don't understand the seeming need for some people to be visually over-stimulated. I find it jarring and stressful.

by Anonymousreply 54November 22, 2020 11:51 AM

Very non-u.

by Anonymousreply 55November 22, 2020 11:55 AM

This really is 1000 shades of grotesque vulgarity. Plus, how much water must it take from the nearby creek to constantly irrigate 20 acres of lawns (and ponds) in arid Utah?

by Anonymousreply 56November 22, 2020 12:34 PM

by Anonymousreply 57November 22, 2020 4:07 PM

The home at r44 would be good for only one thing, and that is as a location for one of Hallmark's "Royal" Christmas movies, where the young(ish) female lead falls in love with a prince.

They could film the whole movie as well as house the cast and crew in one location!

by Anonymousreply 58November 22, 2020 4:14 PM

🤮.

by Anonymousreply 59November 22, 2020 4:20 PM

Think of how much time, money, work, and raw materials went into creating this hideous mess. That's the real tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 60November 22, 2020 4:21 PM

R52 STOLE my YouTube login credentials last night when I used them to login from DL to see a video about the Queen via the Eugenie/Frogmore thread. That video he posted at R52 is one I viewed last night. Changing my logins now. What you need to know: this is not an isolated incident, and I'm not the only one to have made this claim prior. R52 hosts this site and posts new threads all day, every day.

Watch yourselves. Hella tricky shit going down at DL!

by Anonymousreply 61November 22, 2020 4:42 PM

Not quite enough white paint, however.

by Anonymousreply 62November 22, 2020 4:50 PM

R61, Whatever are you talking about dearie? I've been way too busy buying a new condo and moving in to do very much posting on DL let alone host this site. Until they offer an editing function I've refused to become a paid up member.

Plus everyone knows I'm very computer/tech weak so could never steal another's private info. Yes I'm female.

Still I strongly recommend the entire series I linked called "Self-Reliance" shot in the Canadian wilderness.

by Anonymousreply 63November 22, 2020 8:25 PM

My brother-in-law and his wife have a lot of money and live in one of those towns that are products of the 1980s. They're always updating and he says things like, "Well I guess that's what everybody is doing" when he installs a $40,000 basement bar (now basically a huge junk drawer), or a $150,000 kitchen with two of everything for convenience. Of course, we know the price and of course they get takeout 6 nights a week.

That is to say, why do all these houses have the exact same features? How do they know I want a 16 seat home theater for football games? Why do I need a 10 car garage? There is something so deeply conformist about this type of new wealth. Oh, I'm rich, so I need to own a lot of cars, entertain like a king, host scores of guests, but live in a secluded spot where no one will come.

The pool is really nice, though.

by Anonymousreply 64November 22, 2020 9:05 PM

It's a whole mcmansion neighborhood out in the middle of nowhere? One of them (the OP's original) actually lives in Arizona and this is his vacation house.

I don't understand any of this.

by Anonymousreply 65November 22, 2020 9:16 PM

[quote]That is to say, why do all these houses have the exact same features?

The thing to keep in mind is that they bring in groups of their top salespeople in order to motivate them (i.e., give them false hope). The home theater is used for training videos. The basketball court is filled with folding chairs for live presentations. The water-park pools are used for family days.

"When the Word was impressed upon my heart that I was being called to develop a 100% toxSIN-free mangosteen douche, my car had just been repossessed and I was sleeping on a friend's couch. Ladies and gentlemen, I have been blessed. But my blessings are your blessings. Nothing but your own fear of success is stopping you from living like this. Nothing pleases Our Father in Heaven more than seeing his children succeed!"

by Anonymousreply 66November 22, 2020 10:28 PM

R44

Did you see the child in the ball pit?

by Anonymousreply 67November 22, 2020 10:50 PM

Anyone in my life who is foolish enough to fall prey to any MLM scheme is forever after treated like the dope they are!

by Anonymousreply 68November 23, 2020 12:40 AM

I’m sure Scott Baio is planning on buying it, since he’ll be moving to Utah soon to beat up Romney

by Anonymousreply 69November 23, 2020 1:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!