Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The traditional "What are you making for Thanksgiving?" thread

And who are you having Thanksgiving with?

My partner has ordered from a restaurant a turkey with thyme gravy, cornbread dressing, garlic mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, roasted brussel sprouts and pecan pie.

How about you?

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2020 1:29 AM

[quote]My partner has ordered from a restaurant

It'll all taste "catered".

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 11:58 PM

I agree R! but it was what my partner wanted. I wasn't bragging. I was stating facts.

What are you having?

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 12:00 AM

We had the traditional meal about a week ago--I warmed up a bone-in turkey breast--good. The leftovers were even better, for some reason! We're getting two meals delivered from a local eatery on Thursday. We'll see how it is.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 12:02 AM

I will be alone, but I'm going to make a turkey breast, pumpkin pie, and roast veg. I haven't had a traditional Thanksgiving in years, but I feel like celebrating this year. Celebrating the upcoming removal of a cancer from the White House.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 12:04 AM

It will just be me and my partner.

Bubbles with oysters rockefeller

Jerk flavored roast chicken

Mashed potatoes and gravy from homemade stock

Herbed gruyere bread pudding

Roast broccoli with gremolata

Pecan tart from a friend's girlfriend who is starting a pastry business

Planning to exchange leftovers with another couple

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 12:13 AM

You plan to exchange covid with whom?!?

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 12:19 AM

i am making coq au vin or roast chicken served with mashed potatoes.

For dessert, an apple pie which is in my freezer.

I don't really feel like running around to find all the ingredients for a traditional thanksgiving. I'm not craving it either.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 12:25 AM

Letting my daughter take the wheel this year. i'm contributing chestnut stuffing and cranberry compote.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 12:26 AM

Here in Paris, Picard is running a special on poulet de Bresse so that's the centerpiece of the Thanksgiving menu. Also picked up a can of Libby's pumpkin to make a pie, a can of Ocean Spray cranberry sauce (not the jello kind), and Stove Top stuffing (because the fancy stuffing last year with prunes was a disaster).

Sourcing a deep dish pie plate in France was difficult; Pyrex does not make the same dimensions for Europe. Found an Emile Henry pie plate that is a bit less deep than the one they make for the US market. If all goes well, I will attempt to send a slice of the pumpkin pie by mail to a shut in.

The dog already knows something is up. It is very satisfying to cook for a rapt audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 12:35 AM

It's *brussels.*

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 12:42 AM

I'm bringing celery root mashed potatoes to my dad's house.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 12:42 AM

I’m having Thanksgiving outside on the porch because of....you know. So it’s supposed to be rainy but I have a big ole roof. There’s some immediate family and two Bangladeshi med students coming. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 1:19 AM

I'm kind of looking forward to not having a big family get together, just me and my boyfriend.

It's just going to be turkey breast, stuffing, pecan and pumpkin pie. I'll make a cheeseball and some other appetizers to snack on through the weekend.

I'm going to try and prepare everything except the turkey the day before and just have a very relaxing day.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 1:26 AM

I wonder why extended families who must isolate due to Vivid don't Zoom together and cast to the large screen. They could still have Thanksgiving together that way - well, at least virtually.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2020 1:29 AM

Boneless turkey breast is the best!

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2020 1:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!