Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alex Witt, MSNBC

Fabulous hair, great cleavage, is a member of an all-woman band called Mrs. Robinson.

Has done some impressive reporting, including after 9/11, but still mostly stuck on weekends on MSNBC, where NBC sends people whom they no longer want on the A-team. What did she do wrong, besides get a bit older?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2021 7:32 PM

Maybe it is she who wants to work on weekends. Seems like a pretty good weekend gig with (I'm assuming) good pay and probably less stress. Not everyone wants the same things out of life.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 6:45 PM

Female reporters with great hair and racks are a dime a dozen, OP. What are you getting at?

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 6:46 PM

Good perspective, R1. Thank you.

I'm not getting at anything, R2, except that I've watched her occasionally for years and I'm always favorably impressed with her. She's knowledgeable, personable, does great interviews, has a sense of humor, is politically insightful, and I could say several other things I like about her. She seems to me like the kind of person who might have become an evening news anchor or something more prestigious.

But I hope R1 is on to something, and Witt is doing exactly what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 7:07 PM

Good perspective, R1. Thank you.

I'm not getting at anything, R2, except that I've watched her occasionally for years and I'm always favorably impressed with her. She's knowledgeable, personable, does great interviews, has a sense of humor, is politically insightful, and I could say several other things I like about her. She seems to me like the kind of person who might have become an evening news anchor or something more prestigious.

But I hope R1 is on to something, and Witt is doing exactly what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 7:07 PM

I like her too. Very sly sense of humor. Definitely feel like I used to see her a LOT.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 7:17 PM

She used to talk about going skiing with her son and how much she loved it. I didn't like it when they bumped the little girl off the early morning show to make way for her. So I think she always wanted non-traditional gigs that open up her other time. I like her. If only she could replace that stupid bitch Mica.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 7:43 PM

Great idea, R6. They also need to replace Joe Scarborough with someone not such an arrogant prick. He's been easier to listen to since he became an anti-Trumper, but I'm sure as soon as Trump is gone, he'll be as bad or worse than ever.

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 10:39 PM

Great idea, R6. They also need to replace Joe Scarborough with someone not such an arrogant prick. He's been easier to listen to since he became an anti-Trumper, but I'm sure as soon as Trump is gone, he'll be as bad or worse than ever.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 10:39 PM

I had never seen her before until recently and assumed she was a lesbian. Is that not correct?

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 10:55 PM

To use a quote from Aerosmith: Dude looks like a lady.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 1:52 AM

I feel like she's been doing weekends only for DECADES. I think she's basically part-time and only wants to work that weekend schedule. You never see her filling in any other times, ever.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 10:05 PM

She's had that job for 2 decades. She outlasted a lot of the other newsreaders on MSNBC like Contessa Brewer (what happened to her)?

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 10:07 PM

She was looking like a complete frumpus today, wearing a yellow flowered top that looked like my grandmothers curtains, circa 1977. Gurl can do better than this!

by Anonymousreply 13April 4, 2021 7:05 PM

R13: Her blouse was just fine for a relaxed, Easter Sunday afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 14April 4, 2021 7:18 PM

I like her a lot. She doesn't just ask a question and end it at that. She follows up and asks for their opinion. I think she is one of the better interviewers. Chris Jansing had a M-F show too and now she fills in for hosts and you see her reporting on the road occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 15April 4, 2021 7:18 PM

I like her - wish she was on earlier on the weekend, like after Velshi.

by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2021 7:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!