Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fucking Leaf Blowers!

Oh

My

Fucking

God.

It’s nonstop. I live in a cul de sac of 50 houses on an acre each. I’m going insane. Five red sweatshirt guys have been raking up grass clippings, using leaf blowers & mulching leaf vacs in every inch of my neighbors’ backyards for two hours. What is it about leaf vac noise that makes me crazy?

by Anonymousreply 43November 22, 2020 2:31 PM

Wait until the snow blowers start.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 3:57 PM

Gift them all rakes. Include a snarky note. Report them to the noise police.

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 3:57 PM

If only there were noise police.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 3:58 PM

R3 OMG, I was at a red light next to car with a bass so loud and deep, MY car was bouncing. There's no way the driver isn't hearing impaired.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 4:00 PM

[quote] If only there were noise police.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 4:04 PM

File under First World Problems. Perhaps me playing this tiny violin will be enough to drown them out.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 4:04 PM

The neighboring town BANNED them.

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 4:07 PM

R5 I live in Milwaukee - the home of Harley-Davidson - and I HATE HARLEYS and their insane midlife-crisis owners. Believe me, it is not a popular opinion in this town...

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 4:08 PM

I hear ya Miss OP. I live in a gated community and I hear them all day long. Must every yard be pristine each and every day?

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 4:10 PM

OP, I live in an apartment building in the "downtown" area of my little burg, and I hear them off in the distance. I can only imagine how annoying they must be when you're living in a cul de sac and the constant drone of those foul things. They're also not exactly great for the environment.

I belong to a FB group of my town and this discussion came up a few weeks ago. We supposedly have a noise ordinance i.e. no construction, leaf blowing etc. before 8am, but someone posted that they heard a leaf blower going at 3am! Several posters also heard it. It is ridiculous.

R6 well, we do kinda live in the first world.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 4:10 PM

R9 Is humble bragging. I see you!

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 4:10 PM

R9 you will be the first one bitching about all the unkempt yards so STFU.

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 4:12 PM

Yards don’t have to be unkempt without leaf blowers.

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2020 4:13 PM

DID YOU KNOW --- that the design life for residential 2-stroke gas-oil engines used in leaf blowers, string trimmers, chain saws, hedge cutters, etc. is only 18 hours? That's why purchase cycle is so short. It's maddening having to replace these tools after 2 or three years.

I myself have converted to battery-powered lawn tools ... and I ain't lookin' back.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2020 4:16 PM

Having just moved to a house from a condo I understand. At the condo the ground crew came once a week and that was it. Here in the neighborhood now someone around me is always having their leaves blown, every day of the week. If it’s not that they’ve got an endless home improvement project that requires a power saw cutting wood for months on end.

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2020 4:21 PM

They come to my complex every week and start as early as 7am. Drives me insane, especially working from home now.

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2020 4:23 PM

Click bait title.

by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2020 4:23 PM

Get white noise machines. I could not live without one now

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2020 4:26 PM

I'm hearing one right now!

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 4:32 PM

[quote]Fucking Leaf Blowers

I wouldn't advise it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2020 4:33 PM

To me, in this chaotic world, its the luscious sound of ORDER!

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2020 4:36 PM

You'd think they'd figure out a way to make them less ridiculously loud. It would also be nice if they started making quieter vacuum cleaners so cats and dogs would no longer be driven crazy by them.

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2020 4:38 PM

Are are you tender to the touch, dear?

by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2020 4:39 PM

I’ve never used one but suspect it might be fun. Is that why people like them?

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2020 4:40 PM

I have a small battery powered one. Sounds like a big hairdryer not a buzzsaw. It is fun to use and I just use it to get leaves off the patio and driveway.

by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2020 4:47 PM

I have a small battery powered one. Sounds like a big hairdryer not a buzzsaw. It is fun to use and I just use it to get leaves off the patio and driveway.

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2020 4:47 PM

My dear, humble bragging would be if I named the community. Oh, ooopsey.

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2020 4:47 PM

[quote]I’ve never used one but suspect it might be fun. Is that why people like them?

R24 Yep, they're fun to use. Same reason we love snow blowers; they're a blast to use. I blow the whole neighborhood!

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2020 5:05 PM

Put on your frilliest caftan and see if they'll blow it over your head. That'll stop making them come around.

by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2020 5:22 PM

Landscapers do it in my community, not residents. The people who live directly in front of me & the people next door use the services of the landscaper who lives right in front of my next door neighbor. That makes 3 properties that have leaf blowers being used, one after the other.

I don’t mind hedge trimmers so much. This is the land of the privet hedge. They sell privets at 3 fields within a mile of my house . Outside of those 3 fields, there are about 790 nearby places that also sell privet. My landscaper neighbor is rich because he sells, plants & then maintains the privet hedges he planted.

But privet hedges are tall, meaning guys have to get on ladders to trim them with power tools. That means they have to get down off the ladder to move it to the next spot, then get back up the ladder again, so it’s not a non-stop noise like leaf blowers are. Even if there are guys on the ground who push the ladder on wheels, the trimmer stops until he’s in a good position again.

Btw, these privets are damned invasive. Every year I have to chop them down out of my garden. If you want a privet hedge, get non-invasive ones. Better yet, plant a holly or arborvitae hedge. The hollies produce pretty berries that birds eat in January/Feb/March and arborvitae don’t require constant trimming.

A lot of beach grass is also invasive. I have 2 clumps I can’t get rid of that invaded after neighbors put them in their yards.

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2020 6:02 PM

When I lived in a Florida suburb, there were lawn mowers, string trimmers, leaf blowers and assorted lawn maintenance tools running ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Non-stop. I tried to convince my neighbors to rally round one day a week and it was impossible due to the number of different lawn maintenance companies. That wasn't even considering the rest of the people living on my block nor the adjacent neighborhoods. It was relentless.

I'm gone now, but I swear before I left I think I was about to go out of my mind. Absolutely out of my mind. There are only so many hours per day every day of the week that you can be assaulted by those sounds. It was impossible to sit outside. And I was reduced to staying inside and playing music very loud.

I know it must sound dramatic and my reaction ridiculous, but please make no judgement until you've lived it.

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2020 6:11 PM

R18 you are blowing it and it's not leaves, people have trimmers and blowers for years as in 15yrs or more, you must know people buying the absolute shittiest cheapest ones.

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2020 7:02 PM

the most dangerous person in the world is a Mexican with a leaf blower

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2020 7:05 PM

Wrong video, r33.

by Anonymousreply 34November 22, 2020 1:09 AM

Not only are they obnoxious, they are terrible for the environment since they are usually gas powered.

by Anonymousreply 35November 22, 2020 1:23 AM

I feel ya, bud.

They are noisy AF

by Anonymousreply 36November 22, 2020 1:25 AM

OP just wants us to know they live on a cul de sac and have an acre and their in an exclusive area that has this type of lawn service. Fuck you. Think of the people who are ding the fucking work and prolly not getting paid very much out here in a fucking pandemic you sloth.

by Anonymousreply 37November 22, 2020 1:31 AM

I use them to dry my car. My neighbors are envious, they want to bring their cars to me. It started a trend here.

by Anonymousreply 38November 22, 2020 1:49 AM

I'll take leaf blower noise all day over multiple neighbors' barking dogs.

by Anonymousreply 39November 22, 2020 1:51 AM

R35- And they stink! The air smells like burning plastic when those blasted heathenish things are on.

by Anonymousreply 40November 22, 2020 4:11 AM

r31 Im in FL as well and yes landscapers can be heard in the distance all the time, its a huge business. I guess Im weird but I find it relaxing as long as they aren't too close. I love being inside with the AC on full blast thanking god that I dont have to go out in the heat and do it myself, cause I would just die!

by Anonymousreply 41November 22, 2020 4:22 AM

there are no wrong Wanda Sykes videos

by Anonymousreply 42November 22, 2020 4:26 AM

[quote] OP just wants us to know they live on a cul de sac and have an acre and their in an exclusive area that has this type of lawn service. Fuck you.

Why would anyone brag about that? It’s stereotypical modern American suburbia. It’s the place Trump thought he would win handily, but was booted out in favor of Biden. If Op had said “On my 15 acre estate, where I have a number of stately old, leafy trees standing between the stables and other outbuildings....” I might see your point. But a suburban cul de sac in America?

Gurrrrl, you tryin

by Anonymousreply 43November 22, 2020 2:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!