Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rich man and slave found in Pompeii

What exactly were they up to when they were suddenly buried in hot ash? šŸ§

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 4:55 PM

Ugh, another Terry Miller and Dan Savage thread?

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 3:50 PM

They have no idea who these guys were. They couldā€™ve been two randos who didnā€™t know each other who ran into a building to seek shelter from the ash. Or ran out of a building to try & get to their homes.

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 3:59 PM

Iā€™m sure they were fucking over the hours that the ash, rocks & cinders were raining down on the city from the volcano, OP. Iā€™m sure they werenā€™t two bodies picked up by the fast moving pyroclastic flow they became encased in, and deposited wherever they ended up.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 4:07 PM

If archaeologists at Pompeii say they were "probably a man of high status, and the other his slave" then there's going to be a reason for that, R2. They didn't just make it up, I don't know why you think they did.

[quote]Officials said the wealthy man was aged between 30 and 40. Traces of a warm woollen cloak were found beneath his neck.

[quote]The other man was aged between 18 and 23. Officials at the archaeological site said crushed vertebrae indicated that he was a slave who did manual labour.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 4:11 PM

Pompeii is fascinating to me. I love history and one teacher got me really interested in ancient Rome after he read some graffiti from the Coliseum walls to the class. It made them real and I realized that people havent changed at all, just our stuff. They had elders bitching about the younger generations and their driving chariots too fast and recklessly, yada yada. Exact same shit

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 4:16 PM

What was life expectancy for Pompeiians? I mean, before the volcanic eruption. Would a 40 year old Pompeiian be considered as elderly as a 40 year old Datalounger?

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 4:21 PM

There is nobody in the world older than a 40 year old Datalounger (as 40 in Datalounge years is about 100 in real life).

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 4:27 PM

Another Grindr hook up that ended tragically.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 4:28 PM

I thought weā€™d be discussing the 2,000 year old cock on display.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 4:31 PM

Raping your slave was a perfectly ordinary thing to do in ancient Rome, as in pre-emancipation U.S., but you could also dabble in the consensual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 4:46 PM

Here are people who were baked to death by thermal injury in WW2 Germany. I think it was the Hamburg fire bombing. One of them appears to be in cadaveric spasm like the ā€œmasterā€ in the Pompeii photo. Heat does strange things to bodies.sometimes it instantly mummifies, but you can see it also melts skin & eyes in people whose bodies were otherwise mummified.

There was a storm of stones & rock before the pyroclastic flow. I doubt people, wouldā€™ve continued fucking as stones rained down on the city ā€œWait. Iā€™m not ready to come yet. Itā€™s just a few boulders and rocks.ā€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 4:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!