Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The year of unexpected wonders

The fresh air. The quiet. The blank engagement diary. The days all to oneself.

Enough of the naysayers. How has lockdown been blissful for you? What have you accomplished with the time?

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 1:26 PM

I love it. But I don't like the effect it has on others, emotionally and financially.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 7:56 AM

I could see that Taylor and Jeff were suffering in their tiny Hell's Kitchen flat.

But this new video says their forced quarantine forced them to save money which allowed them to buy a house in the burbs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 8:03 AM

I’ve always worked-out at home so the closing of gyms had no effect on me. From day one, I decided to ramp up my 7-day a week routine, and have tripled my work-out. I’d like to think that 8 months later it’s had some good effect.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 10:24 AM

It's been good. No dick, freed up mental RAM. I finished a book. Got some journalistic pieces published. Learned to cook and I'm now toying with an idea for a cookbook. Took up gardening. Life's good.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 10:24 AM

I'm fortunate to be living in a place that has barely been touched, compared to many areas. Nova Scotia has had 1160 confirmed cases since the virus began, with 65 deaths total. Most, I've been told, occurred in a Halifax nursing home which was housing their patients two per room, rather than one to a room, as had been recommended by the government. One of the casualties of the virus was my partner's aunt by marriage, and as horrible as it is to say this, she will be missed by few. She was a vile, nasty, manipulative woman, and even her children found her to be a piece of work. (I could write a book about her. She was a character out of a very dark comedy.)

Other than that, it's pretty much business as usual here. Masks must be worn in offices and stores. Large gatherings are not allowed. All businesses are open. In the beginning, briefly, it was like one of the opening scenes from "I am Legend." Not a soul to be seen. I'd drive to my great aunt's place, and streets were deserted. Rather quickly, though, people came creeping out. Now, everyone seems to have adapted to a (slightly) new lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 11:32 AM

no, not at all

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 11:44 AM

I’m loving working from home! The commute was killing me

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 12:34 PM

I hated my commute. I never want to go back to it, at least not on a five day a week basis.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 12:40 PM

Love working from home, but annoyed by all the neighbors with yard service. Those fucking mowers are loud.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 1:05 PM

A semiferal cat adopted me.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 1:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!