Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who sang “Kiss Me In The Rain” better

Barbra Streisand or Suzette Charles?

Barbra’s version first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2020 3:12 AM

Suzette Charles’ version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 2:23 AM

What a ridiculous question. La Streisand, of course!

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 2:27 AM

Did Barbra actually ever think she was beautiful? OMG That ridiculous getup in the pic in OP.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 2:32 AM

That's a Cecil Beaton she wore in a movie, stupid R3.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 2:35 AM

*Cecil Beaton costume

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 2:35 AM

Whatever. Beaton Shitton. You're a snob. It's ugly. Ugly on her horseface.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 2:37 AM

Charles was great. I told her so on twitter and she followed me!

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 2:47 AM

Streisand can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 2:49 AM

How did Charles ever lose to Vanessa Williams? I guess Williams was a bit prettier but Charles was so much classier and talented (and kept her privates covered.)

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 2:52 AM

LMFAO, R8!!!

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 2:52 AM

I think Barbra Ella and Whitney sang faultlessly.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 2:58 AM

Vivian Vance.

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 2:59 AM

I've never even heard of Suzette Charles. And no one can top Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2020 3:04 AM

Vanessa had star quality r9 and had won two preliminary competitions (talent and swimsuit) in her group, Charles won talent in her group. Vanessa probably finished no lower than second in the 3 televised competitions at Miss America that night.

Suzette got screwed when she took over the Miss America crown, she was opening for Stevie wonder and Lou Rawls among others and going out for auditions. She was hesitant to take the title because she was starting to build her career, but was told there would be all kinds of higher profile appearances where she would be able to sing and get her name out there. In reality Vanessa only had about two weeks left of actual appearances as miss America and most of those were for sponsors.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2020 3:05 AM

La Streisand. Mais Oui!

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2020 3:06 AM

I remember Charles announcing on the telecast she would be joining the cast of The Cosby Show as the newest daughter.....and then it didn't happen.

Now I wonder if that was because she refused to go to Cosby's hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2020 3:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!