Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Could you ever be a celebrity? Could you handle it? Do you hanker for fame?

All the constant prying, all the living your life in the public eye. I'm so glad I'm nothing.

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 6:15 AM

those that get their privacy “invaded” ask for it and want it. Angelina Jolie is out there all the time, do we hear much about Cate Blanchett when she has no movie to promote? Even Julia Roberts manages to disappear from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 2:26 AM

[quote]All the constant prying, all the living your life in the public eye. I'm so glad I'm nothing.

It's become so tacky and unpleasant - much like the products they put out, if we're talking entertainers, that is.

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 2:32 AM

I'd like to be celebrated in my field, so that I am venerated at conferences, paid a lot to speak, etc. But I would hate to be known to the general public or recognised on the street. I'd always be afraid some lunatic would kidnap or kill me.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 3:55 AM

I never wanted to be one. It was thrust upon me. It's not easy for sure and I certainly would not wish it upon my worst detractors. But one has to man up and work with the hand life deals you.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 4:35 AM

I would like to be fabulous and wealthy and still do meaningful work, not famewhore and jizz all over my own instagram. The celeb life seems rather a hollow existence. All style and no substance. It will kill you easily if you have no self worth.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 4:43 AM

All that attention is devastating. It's exhausting. Who would want it?

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 5:07 AM

Meghan, long time darling! Call me.

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 5:12 AM

I don't think I could handle it well at all. I'd probably move to some boring small town where the paparazzi would hate to go to. And the townsfolk would eventually get over me.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 5:17 AM

Mick Jagger, Johnny Depp, and Brangelina all chose rural France. Good weather, great food, and once you're accepted in a French village, they protect you as their own.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 5:22 AM

No. I hate people knowing stuff about me. And I enjoy going to an event and no one knowing who I am. Imagine moving to a new place and everyone knowing everything about you. A friend of a friend had a local celebrity look through their home recently and they made the vendor sign a non-disclosure agreement. Having to do crap like that to stop people selling you out must be tiring.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 5:34 AM

I would hate it. I had a measure of "celebrity" when I was actively selling my art to collectors. Once someone patronizes you in that manner they sometimes get overly familiar. That was fine with people with whom I truly connected, made a fair amount of friends that way, but it could get uncomfortable with some clients. It was almost like they felt you owed them a piece of yourself if they bought from you. An example would be long phone calls and confidences I didn't invite. I'm a private person, don't like the spotlight directly on me, and it felt awkward when it was. Part of the joy of writing or painting, or whatever you do, comes when the work itself is in the spotlight, not your person, like with acting or modeling.

I can't imagine how to handle the demands on your time when you're a huge celebrity. It must work better if you're a narcissistic extrovert who demands a lot of attention anyway, or with superior personal managers who buffer you from the fans.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 5:49 AM

It depends on what you did to earn the title of ‘celebrity.’ Michelle Obama is a celebrity. So is Charles Manson. Then again, so is Aaron Schock. And James Charles. And Epstein.

Actually, I’m good with being a nobody. It suits me.

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 6:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!