Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris ask for “Transition Donations”

If I may, this is NOT how you start an administration.

How are you going to negotiate with Putin if you can't get Emily from accounting to agree to do her job?

Love you guys, but DO SOMETHING.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 24, 2020 10:51 AM

All politicians do is ask for money.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2020 10:40 PM

Are you commenting on Orange Foolius’ ask for donations to his “Keep Me Out of Prison” fund? Or do you not get free vodka and borscht for that? Ass.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2020 10:40 PM

Not another transitioning woman of color.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2020 10:41 PM

Talking about this tweet they both sent out today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2020 10:43 PM

It must be because that moon-faced blonde woman is not releasing the money for the transition due to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2020 10:43 PM

I know we want to call OP a Russian but ...

They're being too passive and it worries me that this is holding up the transition.

They're playing defensive and while I know previously for optics he had to say he's going to "reach across the aisle" but now is the time to back off of that.

People are suffering in the middle of a pandemic that is going to get worse. Emergency unemployment will run out in a few weeks and people are going to be furious with a whole other month to go before he's in.

If it's bad enough that they have to ask for money to find the transition then they should all be screaming at the top of their lungs how much this is hurting the American people and that voting him in isn't going to be enough. Someone should be doing talk shows to explain it to the people. They should call in their heavy hitters like Buttigieg and Warren to fundraise.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2020 10:48 PM

[quote] They're being too passive and it worries me that this is holding up the transition.

This. This. 1000x this!

They or their supporters should be on every show and screaming from the rooftops that all Trump is trying to do is overturn the will of the people. And it’s time to end this fucking charade and let adults govern. It’s disgraceful to our country and downright dangerous and it needs to stop.

Why haven’t the Dems in both houses done everything in their power to do nothing but embarrass this asshole and rub his nose in his shit?

Instead we have Giuliani on the evening news dripping hair dye! I have not heard from Gillibrand publicly about anything.

What the actual fuck, Dems?!

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2020 11:00 PM

What Would AOC Do?

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2020 11:06 PM

Biden should bill that blonde fat bitch. And then when he takes office he should prosecutor her.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2020 11:10 PM

Why doesn't Biden just go to court and demand the money? And then have Harris go on TV and tell everyone what is really going on and how it's going to affect them.? Names names already and stop with the public statements of outrage. People don't have the money right now to contribute to this. And let's be honest, the average person's job was getting him elected. This is not on them.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2020 11:25 PM

OMG why aren’t they on TV jumping up and down screaming like banshees until they’ve gone into apoplectic fits??!!! Take over the airwaves of every station!! Why aren’t the Democrats in Congress turning over desks??!! Why don’t they just walk into a courthouse and DEMAND the money to start the transition???

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2020 11:28 PM

Waah! How come people don't throw more tantrums?

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2020 11:39 PM

This is what happens when you take the high road

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2020 11:48 PM

I saw this on my FB and I will donate a few bucks.

The important thing is we got Trump out.

Merry Christmas bitches.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2020 11:48 PM

[quote]This is what happens when you take the high road

R8 and Susan Collins will join hands and all will be immediately be right with the world!

It will be BEEYOUTIFUL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2020 11:51 PM

Anarchy is the only way.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2020 11:56 PM

DIdn't the House Democrats send Emily Murphy a letter demanding that she releases the funds and if not, she will be subpoenaed on Monday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2020 12:04 AM

okay, may be subpoenaed but if she doesn't give them an answer by Monday, ,she will.

[quote]Rep. Gerry Connolly @GerryConnolly We have been incredibly patient, @GSAEmily, but we can wait no longer. Your refusal to follow the law is active and existential threat to our democratic norms and institutions. You owe us, and the American people, an explanation. We are demanding you provide one. By Monday.

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2020 12:07 AM

Pathetic. This from the same person who believed Jussie Smollett's hoaxation!

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 12:09 AM

The transition can’t occur until the fat lady sings. And, Emily apparently is tone deaf.

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2020 12:09 AM

I want to see Emily dressed for the inauguration. Not clothed, you know, but like venison.

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2020 12:43 AM

Not. A. Good. Look. For. A. Beginning. Biden. Administration.

As others have remarked, the Dems need to step up to the plate. Not place yet another burden on challenged constituents.

Comes across as weak. Ineffectual. Tone deaf.

Was hesitantly positive about Biden’s potentialities. Thought perhaps he could gather support from Dems and add pressure/steam towards Repubs’ shenanigans; rather than deflect this onto the public.

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2020 12:48 AM

[quote]okay, may be subpoenaed but if she doesn't give them an answer by Monday, ,she will.

If they subpoena her and she ignores it they'll then start to send strongly worded letters.

We've done this song and dance before with the subpoenas and there's zero consequences for ignoring them now.

by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2020 1:08 AM

I don't understand the request for funds. Couldn't he steal it from his campaign fund like Trump does?

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2020 1:08 AM

I echo R22. This is idiotic and makes them look weak. -The bully won't give us the money so we meekly ask you to do it instead.

Get the fuck out of here!

Great start. I've never felt safer.

by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2020 1:12 AM

I cannot fucking believe we are letting this orange fucking cockroach and his cockroach family and shitstain supporters destroy this country!

Trump needs to be dragged out of there now. ENOUGH!

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2020 1:26 AM

Cut the bullshit, Biden. You tell that motherfucker he lost and stop acting like a fucking baby.

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2020 1:28 AM

Man up Joe, Woman up Kamala. Now is the time to show some balls and ovaries to the nation. Enufffffffff already.

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2020 1:34 AM

While I also find this frustrating... I also think that it’s not bad to show Trump he can’t get the better of him, and that’s what Biden is doing. I’m sure Trump is waaay more frustrated.

by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2020 1:35 AM

In general, the ratio for Biden’s tweet asking the US populace for $$$$ is not in his favour.

A misstep.

Important to project strength. Critical at this time.

Am amazed he (and Harris) thought this something they should (and could?) do.

I am a Dem, but very disappointed in this.

He needs to go to court, or step up the pressure on the crazies in the Trump. NOT on the public.

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2020 1:37 AM

R14 & myself are the only ones donating to Biden/Harris for the transition?

Y'all needcto man up and pay as well.

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2020 1:38 AM

I gave $100.

I’m not sure any of you have had to make critical business decisions that require funding. Sure, Joe can sue, but he doesn’t want to come out of the gate going Full Metal Jacket.....

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2020 1:40 AM

Typo. It's 'transitioning donations'. Joe feels he is really Joanna, and will be the first female POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2020 1:42 AM

[quote] [R14] & myself are the only ones donating to Biden/Harris for the transition? Y'all needcto man up and pay as well.

Perhaps Biden et al. need to “man up”?

It is not the financial responsibility of the US populace during a pandemic and economics setback, no less) to pay for an administrative transition.

The transition is the government’s responsibility: as we the taxpayer already pay for it. Asking for further $$ during this time is.....really poor taste.

Joe was elected by us to work in the GOVERNMENT for the people. Many already poured their $$$$ into the election and for local races (and the upcoming GA senate races).

There are a number of ways for Biden to effect change in these unusual circumstances:

-court

-loans

-pressure

If Joe can’t stand up to Emily at GSA it does not bide well for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2020 1:47 AM

[quote]If it's bad enough that they have to ask for money to find the transition then they should all be screaming at the top of their lungs how much this is hurting the American people

They need to get ahead of the virus reporting and vaccine distribution plans, because January is going to be a disaster and all anyone is going to remember is that Biden is the president. They won't remember that it's a disaster because of trump

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2020 1:52 AM

R1

No, once they are in power they steal it from you.

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2020 1:53 AM

R6 R7

You don’t really want to know the answer.

Why do you think he hasn’t conceded?

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2020 1:55 AM

Did they not see this coming the minute they became the official ticket? They should have had their legal team ready to unleash to avoid this unseemly request. How did they think Dump was going to react when he lost?

Yes, optics matter and this is a bad look. As R30 said above, the response ratio on Twitter is 95% negative and this is coming from Biden/Harris supporters. It’s time for Dems to return fire.

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2020 1:56 AM

[quote] In general, the ratio for Biden’s tweet asking the US populace for $$$$ is not in his favour. I am a Dem, but very disappointed in this.

Uh huh. You're an American Democrat who writes things out like FavOUR. Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2020 1:57 AM

R10

Dominion could have sued Trump today for defamation.

“Trump campaign counsel repeatedly accused Dominion and its officers of criminal conduct and business improprieties. Those are categories of “per se defamation” under the common law. No special damages must be shown in such per se cases. Individual officers could bring defamation claims and the company itself could bring a business disparagement action.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 21, 2020 1:59 AM

[quote] I’m not sure any of you have had to make critical business decisions that require funding. Sure, Joe can sue, but he doesn’t want to come out of the gate going Full Metal Jacket.

That means he's not that serious about the virus or National security

Our soon to be president is begging for money, in America, so he can rent some office space.

God damn, what a joke this country is

by Anonymousreply 41November 21, 2020 2:00 AM

R21

[quote] I want to see Emily dressed for the inauguration. Not clothed, you know, but like venison.

Psychopath much?

This is why normal people are scared of the lefty Left.

Go force some hormones on another lesbian, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2020 2:02 AM

Yep, R39.

American born. Also lived in Europe, Canada and OZ/NZ.

Back in California now.

So get out of here with your “Not American” stuff. Some of Us know what it’s like to live inside AND outside the USA.

by Anonymousreply 43November 21, 2020 2:02 AM

R43 Bitch please. With your WW the very second your post appears. Not very subtle are you?

by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2020 2:04 AM

Democrats sure like to eat their own. Keep it up and it won't be long before Republicans are voted back in.

by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2020 2:04 AM

[quote] God damn, what a joke this country is.

This is the point.

And now Biden’s added to the “laughingstock reputation” of friends abroad.

We all had/have hopes he would erase that from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2020 2:04 AM

R30

You must ask “why”.

Why hasn’t KH resigned?

by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2020 2:05 AM

[quote]What Would AOC Do?

Whine and take cheap shots at Democrats, or give another "Latina Gurl Power" politeness speech, same as usual.

by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2020 2:06 AM

This is a Trump troll thread.

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2020 2:06 AM

Did BLM cut off the pipeline?

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2020 2:08 AM

Russian whore thread with their misspellings and inability to decide which country they're from

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2020 2:08 AM

These trolls aren't very subtle. The orange turd lost and soon the same thing will happen to bug-face Putin.

by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2020 2:13 AM

[quote] Russian whore thread with their misspellings and inability to decide which country they're from

Stop with the trolling.

If you were somewhat educated, you’d recogniSe/recognize that there are multiple ways to spell certain words.

Thus, they are NOT “misspellings”.

Just because you don’t agree with statements, it’s telling that you attack with ad hominems and deflect from the primary thesis of the thread.

Be gone, troll.

by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2020 2:14 AM

R53 Uh-huh. A strange troll attacking Joe and Kamala and Democrats, claiming they are a Democrat and writing out simple words in a way no American ever would. It sounds like you're triggered that you were called out!

by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2020 2:16 AM

Get used to it. If he prevails in the election, taxpayers will be bled white.

by Anonymousreply 55November 21, 2020 2:20 AM

They should do a Pay Per View for January 20th, many would pay to watch Trump harpooned and dragged out of the WH. I would pay $20, but more if they could include Ivanka, Jared, and Junior.

by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2020 2:20 AM

I have eat the french fries and the hamburger all the time. Is very good. I am very American. I am how you say "All -American" like the apples and the pie.

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2020 2:21 AM

[quote]If he prevails in the election,

He already prevailed in the election. Or are you in a time warp? Sorry to be the spoiler!

by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2020 2:22 AM

Trump gave tax breaks to the very rich.

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2020 2:23 AM

They are so mad their fascist leader lost.

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2020 2:25 AM

[quote]Democrats sure like to eat their own. Keep it up and it won't be long before Republicans are voted back in.

The only way to get Biden to consider other options is to let him know how much some of what he's planning isn't going to work. You can bet someone is keeping an eye on what's being said about this on his team.

It's like Obama once said, they're in a bubble and they don't always quite get what's going on outside of that bubble. People speaking up is how they learn.

Republicans are going to get voted back in if people don't believe in and support Biden but that's not going to happen unless he can prove that he listens & has the balls to do what it takes to get results.

I know we don't want to seem like we have a "weak front" but letting them do what they want to do without commenting on it won't get us anywhere either.

by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2020 2:28 AM

Does this Emily bitch really wield that much power? She has no superiors? Literally answers to no one? This situation is beyond bizarre. If Emily can't perform the duties of her job, maybe she should be relieved of it.

by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2020 2:28 AM

R38 I thought the Lincoln Project had attorneys ready to go? My partner says legally nothing can be done to force the fat bitch to release the funds until all states have certified. When is that?

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2020 2:30 AM

We didn't even fucking know her job even existed, let alone who Emily Murphy IS. We weren't supposed to know! This low life better never again have a fucking job after this. Cunt

by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2020 2:31 AM

R61 I hardly think Biden needs advice from some anonymous person on a gossip forum.

by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2020 2:34 AM

R61 If you think Biden needs your expertise, contact him directly.

by Anonymousreply 66November 21, 2020 2:36 AM

She is supposed to talk to Congress by Monday. If she ignores them, then they need to go full ninja on her ass.

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2020 2:43 AM

Sorry, but I voted for them and that’s all I’m doing. It’s their responsibility to deal with this in whichever way they need to. They need to stop being pussies and fight rather than expecting US to waste our money to make it easier on them.

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2020 2:45 AM

R67, are you sure they will actually will go after her? I mean I don't want jellyfish Dems with their strongly-worded threats which go NO WHERE.

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2020 2:46 AM

Yes, we need Biden to start acting like Trump and threatening people when things don't go his way!

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2020 2:47 AM

R70, he could never be like Trump because Biden actually has the facts on HIS side. All we're asking is that he says without hesitation: You are holding the country hostage for your own fragile ego. You are an embarrassment to this country and you want to destroy it for your own, selfish reasons. You are a petulan t child. You are the most anti-American president this country has ever seen. You do not belong in a democracy.

by Anonymousreply 71November 21, 2020 2:52 AM

Was it some kind of joke to post this on 37 Hookers Got Killed Day?

by Anonymousreply 72November 21, 2020 2:54 AM

He is playing right into Trump's hand of acting like a doddering old fool asking for alms. The people got him elected and now we're supposed to fund his transition? He got the fucking job and now he's supposed to do it. If there are obstacles in his way then he better know how to overcome them even with scorch the earth tactics like calling these people traitors and accusing them of treason. If he doesn't know how to effectuate it when he knew exactly who he was dealing with it is really pathetic. Does he need help moving too?

by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2020 3:01 AM

[quote] He is playing right into Trump's hand of acting like a doddering old fool asking for alms. The people got him elected and now we're supposed to fund his transition? He got the fucking job and now he's supposed to do it. If there are obstacles in his way then he better know how to overcome them even with scorch the earth tactics like calling these people traitors and accusing them of treason. If he doesn't know how to effectuate it when he knew exactly who he was dealing with it is really pathetic. Does he need help moving too?

Definitely.

He’s got a great deal of gall to ask for money for a transition.

Geez, Joe, DO SOMETHING YOURSELF about this without placing additional pressure on those who elected you.

Otherwise you come across as a “doddering old fool” to even those who supported you in the election.

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2020 3:07 AM

That's what Trump wants Biden to do, R73, anything to activate his base which so I can see why Biden is treading lightly. The problem is that there's already a President who is half-ass crazy and who knows what he'll do next.

Let the House Dems go after Murphy and after that, fast track it to the Supreme Court. There's already pressure from the Unions like the Coal Miner's Union, who supported Trump in 2016 but now they're telling Trump to move on. Also, CEOs from Big Business are pressuring Trump.

But the people who really need this Transition ASAP are the Healthcare workers, or what's left of them. There's a healthcare crisis and a shortage of Healthcare workers. They need that vaccine so they don't die from taking care of Covid patients. Put their faces in the media or even show scenes of hospitals being overwhelmed. The proper distribution of the vaccine needs to be emphasized and Biden's team needs to know. This will also create pressure on the Repubs to stop enabling the Toddler in Chief.

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2020 3:19 AM

OP, you realise he's not the president yet, therefore has limited access to funds and executive power.

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2020 3:21 AM

And how much does he expect to raise in the humiliating act of going hat in hand? He looks like an idiot not knowing how he's supposed to start his job. Trump's base is already activated. Bannon has called for Fauci's head on a pike and Giuliani is saying Dems should have their throats slit. And Biden is supposed to worry about angering Republicans? Harris is already sounding like an idiot. Dems really need to up the nastiness.

by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2020 3:37 AM

Biden has been in politics for 47 years so he knows how to go about this better than the arm-chair politicians here. I think he's employing - the Teddy Roosevelt approach: Talk Softly But Carry a Big Stick. He's dealing with a mentally ill man so he's speaking softly in the beginning...

[quote] Big stick ideology, big stick diplomacy, or big stick policy refers to President Theodore Roosevelt’s foreign policy: "speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."[1] Roosevelt described his style of foreign policy as "the exercise of intelligent forethought and of decisive action sufficiently far in advance of any likely crisis."[2] As practiced by Roosevelt, big stick diplomacy had five components. First it was essential to possess serious military capability that would force the adversary to pay close attention. At the time that meant a world-class navy. Roosevelt never had a large army at his disposal.[bold] The other qualities were to act justly toward other nations, never to bluff, to strike only when prepared to strike hard, and the willingness to allow the adversary to save face in defeat.[3]

[quote]The idea is negotiating peacefully but also having strength in case things go wrong. Simultaneously threatening with the "big stick", or the military, ties in heavily with the idea of Realpolitik, which implies a pursuit of political power that resembles Machiavellian ideals.[4] It is comparable to gunboat diplomacy, as used in international politics by the powers.

by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2020 4:10 AM

R78 I say this as a supporter of Biden - he is a lot of things but he’s no Teddy Roosevelt. Perhaps the fact that he has been doing this almost 50 years is part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2020 4:16 AM

Joe's picked his secretary of state and it's likely not Susan Rice.

Told you there was something off about her inappropriate statement about Hillary not becoming UN ambassador.

by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2020 4:16 AM

Once again, Democrats are clutching their pearls, when they should be squeezing somebody's balls.

In this case, the balls in question belong to McConnell. The lack of virus relief package and Trump refusal to concede can be laid at his door -- and help in the upcoming fight in Georgia.

Are Democrats waiting for the Lincoln Project to step in again?

by Anonymousreply 81November 21, 2020 4:29 AM

No comment.

by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2020 4:36 AM

Red flag!

by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2020 4:38 AM

[quote] Are Democrats waiting for the Lincoln Project to step in again?

According to someone up above, he has been in politics for 47 years and he and all of the other politicians know exactly what they are doing and according to other posters they don’t need our “expertise” because it’s not their job to represent us!

by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2020 5:35 AM

[quote]Love you guys, but DO SOMETHING

What? What are they supposed to do OP? Biden isn't President until January 20th.

by Anonymousreply 85November 21, 2020 5:48 AM

R85 Look at OP’s link. It’s about them asking for transition money from us RIGHT NOW. The post has nothing to do with what they choose to do once they take office on 1/20.

by Anonymousreply 86November 21, 2020 6:01 AM

You wanted a pussy in the White House and they are already failing your expectations. You're welcome!

by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2020 6:28 AM

Why can't Mike Bloomberg float them a loan until the matter is settled?

by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2020 6:34 AM

[quote]They're being too passive and it worries me that this is holding up the transition.

They're not holding up the transition, for fuck's sake. I can't believe people actually believe this is Biden's fault.

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2020 6:40 AM

Presidents since Clinton, although possibly back to Reagan, have asked for transition funds before.

Biden is asking the people for funds instead of getting a few million from corporations who want him to be beholden to them.

The same whiny cosplay lefties on Twitter who are furious with rage over this would also be furious with rage if he got corporate and billionaire funding like previous presidents did.

Trump profited off of his 2016 transition fundraising and none of you cunts said a word about that, did you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2020 6:42 AM

[quote]And how much does he expect to raise in the humiliating act of going hat in hand? He looks like an idiot not knowing how he's supposed to start his job.

Did you say that about all the money Trump begged for in 2016? No? Then shut the fuck up, R77.

by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2020 6:43 AM

R74 isn't American and most certainly is NOT a "concerned Democrat who supported Biden but now thinks he's a doddering old fool."

He's a troll, probably AYB pretending to be that dual citizen American-Canadian again.

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2020 6:45 AM

R90 - That’s not what’s going on here.

Our taxes contribute to a transition fund which is controlled by the GSA. When the Presidency changes hands, the GSA signs off and the incoming administration receives said funds. That is the root of the current problem - Emily Hughes at the GSA refuses to sign off (she’s a Trumper) so funds are being held. That’s why so many supporters are perplexed as to why they sent out a money request instead of fighting back against the nonsense. All the presidencies you list - plus every other - received these funds. Of course this time around it’s drama. Again, that’s why people are angry.......FIGHT BACK before you ask, especially in a pandemic!!! This was a horrible move and plays into the notion that Dems are weak.

by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2020 6:53 AM

[quote] According to someone up above, he has been in politics for 47 years and he and all of the other politicians know exactly what they are doing and according to other posters they don’t need our “expertise” because it’s not their job to represent us!

Where the fuck did you get that interpretation? It's not what I meant.

That's the problems with Dems, they get impatient, start blaming each other and now people are blaming Biden. Why is it Biden's fault that the funds are not being released. WTF? No, it's the Orange ass-wipe who's committing the crime.. At the moment, Biden has to take the high road because there's a bunch of crazy nuts out there and the last thing he wants is chaos. This is unusual times and we're dealing with a lunatic in the WH. Let the Ass-wipe finish his double counting of the ballots, the lawsuits being thrown out and the certification which is almost done, probably by this week --after that, he's got nothing. The pressure will be on GSA to release the funds despite no concession from that POS.. If the Funds are not released by next week, then Biden and the Dems go nuclear.

by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2020 7:49 AM

I am aware Trump won't release the transition funds, R93.

But presidents elect who get those funds ALSO ask for more funds from private donors. Have for decades. Biden is doing what several other presidents INCLUDING TRUMP have done.

You and your ilk have purposely framed this as Biden asking for funds BECAUSE of Trump's tantrum, when the truth is he would be looking for funds anyway to supplement the transition funds. Trump did. W did. Clinton did. Reagan probably did too, since he bragged that he only used $700K of the government funds, and likely got the rest from private donors. Any government funds not used are returned to the Treasury and back in the day, it was a solid PR move to not use all the funds you were provided.

As has been discussed for weeks now, Trump is trying to cause chaos, and potentially trying to create such carnage that Biden will cut him a deal to spare him prosecution just to get him out of the White House peacefully. Trump is acting like a terrorist. You don't negotiate with terrorists. That means you don't play his game when he won't release transition funds for you.

I don't think I'm the one who doesn't understand what's going on here.

by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2020 7:56 AM

R63 December 14th is an important date pertaining to the Electoral College. There is a timeline in the link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2020 8:07 AM

R95 Biden specifically referenced Trump as the cause in his tweet asking for the funds! Here are his exact words:

“Here's the deal: Because President Trump refuses to concede and is delaying the transition, we have to fund it ourselves and need your help.”

And as someone mentioned above, there are literally tens of thousands of replies, most of which are by his supporters and over 90% are negative.

And I disagree with you - show me where any other President from any other transition asked for donations on mass scale and blamed it on the outgoing President? Sorry but this is a first and that’s precisely why it has turned into a mess.

If this thread is any indication of what’s to come we are all screwed.

It is he who framed it in such a manner

by Anonymousreply 97November 21, 2020 8:13 AM

I read the tweet. Mentioning Trump's temper tantrum doesn't mean Biden wouldn't have been asking for transition funds anyway, R97. That's the point: he would have been getting supplemental funds anyway.

Much of the complaining on Twitter comes from leftie accounts which are falsely saying he should be using campaign funds for his transition, which is ILLEGAL, and they know it, but they don't care because they're trying to get people to shit on Biden and they use disinformation to do so.

by Anonymousreply 98November 21, 2020 8:19 AM

[quote] [R74] isn't American and most certainly is NOT a "concerned Democrat who supported Biden but now thinks he's a doddering old fool."

Completely. Incorrect, R92.

I am American.

Unfortunately.

I would actually prefer to be a dual citizen: either Canadian/Australian or Kiwi having lived in all three countries where the quality of life was preferred. And the governments more sane than that of the USA.

But alas, this has not occurred. Thus, I am stuck within the confines of the USA.

And as such, voted for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 99November 21, 2020 8:27 AM

[quote]Sorry but this is a first and that’s precisely why it has turned into a mess.

OK R97, let me rephrase that for you because you're trying really hard to murky the water here.

It's the first time an outgoing president is refusing to sign transition papers to release necessary funds that make the switch from one president to the next unproblematic and hassle free.

by Anonymousreply 100November 21, 2020 9:26 AM

And it's why as a number of number of posters have been saying Dems should be screaming bloody murder. Repugs have no problem doing it.

by Anonymousreply 101November 21, 2020 12:46 PM

[quote] OP, you realise he's not the president yet, therefore has limited access to funds and executive power.

He shouldn’t have limited access to government funds is the point. He should be pressuring congress to stand up and do something.

by Anonymousreply 102November 21, 2020 2:00 PM

[quote] [R14] & myself

*eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 103November 21, 2020 2:00 PM

[quote] Biden will cut him a deal to spare him prosecution just to get him out of the White House peacefully.

I’m so sick of reading shit like this. Biden has no obligation to negotiate a peaceful transition of power. Nor does he have to negotiate someone out of the White House. The Constitution is crystal clear on this. Come January 20, that fat Klangerine needs to vacate, either willfully or not. Biden does NOT have to negotiate that.

by Anonymousreply 104November 21, 2020 2:03 PM

It really is getting exhausting to repeat "Imagine if Dems were doing this. Imagine if Obama had withheld funds from that orange parasite"

by Anonymousreply 105November 21, 2020 2:07 PM

[quote]It's the first time an outgoing president is refusing to sign transition papers to release necessary funds that make the switch from one president to the next unproblematic and hassle free.

No shit. Why are posters acting like this is shocking news?

Pelosi and numerous others have only been saying that he wasn't going to concede gracefully for two years now. People really thought he was going to get on TV and admit failure?

IF Biden or any other democrat is really that taken aback by this behavior, then they haven't been paying attention. And that's a big problem. There should have been a strategy implemented from the get go on how to deal with this.

by Anonymousreply 106November 21, 2020 2:17 PM

It is fucking hilarious that many here blame Biden lololol.....it’s rich. Trump is very pleased, you took the bait.

by Anonymousreply 107November 21, 2020 3:58 PM

It boils down to a team of assholes vs. a team of weaklings.

by Anonymousreply 108November 21, 2020 4:05 PM

I thought Biden had already prepared a massive legal team in preparation for this very thing.

by Anonymousreply 109November 21, 2020 4:10 PM

From the responses I’m reading on Twitter - which is now almost a staggering 50K (only from Joe’s tweet and not Kamala’s asking the same) - it’s 95% supporters and they are angered because they see a lack of strength and power from Biden and, by proxy, the Democrats. Not that they want campaign funds used but rather to play hardball.

by Anonymousreply 110November 21, 2020 4:19 PM

No you asshole Biden took the bait.

by Anonymousreply 111November 21, 2020 6:15 PM

[quote]He should be pressuring congress to stand up and do something.

Roadblocking republican criminals are the ones who are acting in bad faith here, not Joe Biden who at this point has no executive power or any leverage to stop these traitors.

by Anonymousreply 112November 21, 2020 6:43 PM

No, HE doesn’t, but Congress as a whole does.

The only thing I’ve heard from Nancy is “I don’t want to show my hand. But, we’re prepared.”

Then fucking do something already. I’ve not seen any Dem on TV saying anything about this, and I live in a deep blue state. It only makes the news when a repug says something negative about the situation.

by Anonymousreply 113November 21, 2020 6:46 PM

NO R111. We need to stop airing our dirty laundry. They’re using that against us, can’t you see that??? The GOP *never* allows public infighting. There’s a reason for that. Why do you think they don’t allow public infighting?

by Anonymousreply 114November 21, 2020 6:48 PM

I’m so sick of those apologists who say “they can’t do anything - they have no power - etc.”

You control the narrative and you send your “messengers” out to every damn TV show and you start applying pressure on a public relations level and back Trump and his army into a corner. The fact that the Democrats haven’t done this yet is pathetic and frankly scary. They sit in a room brainstorming solutions to combat Emily Murphy from the GSA refusing to sign off on the transition and the plan of attack is to ask supporters for money in the middle of a pandemic after you’ve hit the same people up for Georgia run-offs?!!!

If you were a political science student at your local community college and this was your response to the scenario on a test you’d get a C.

Where are the army of lawyers they claimed to have on speed dial?

by Anonymousreply 115November 21, 2020 7:11 PM

Someone with a pencil broke the dial.

Don’t ask.

by Anonymousreply 116November 21, 2020 7:18 PM

I’m with you, r115.

Goddammit, get MAD FFS. If Joe doesn’t want to show his anger for his own reasons, fine, but every other Dem, and the Warrens and Buttigiegs and Klobuchars of this camp need to be screaming from the mountaintops!

Joe was on a videoconference yesterday and a clip was shown. He practically laughed at the obstruction being committed by the cunt at the GSA. I mean, to quote him, c’mon man!

by Anonymousreply 117November 21, 2020 7:23 PM

Since when do Joe and Kamala own a media company R115?

by Anonymousreply 118November 21, 2020 7:23 PM

R118 Seriously? You don’t have to own a media company to utilize them to your advantage and gain access to their various outlets. It’s called marketing 101. I’m certain there are quite a few PR firms who’d be more than willing to help them out.

by Anonymousreply 119November 21, 2020 7:28 PM

I watch a shit ton of MSNBC, and ALL they talk about is this topic, there are Dems on there bitching about it 24-7. So why are we saying that they aren’t???? They ARE raising hell, but the press gives the bulk of coverage to the clown antics. And God forbid the GOP lift a fucking pinky finger. Also, a group of CEO’s is pressuring Trump to cooperate, as is the Chamber of Commerce. These are all Republicans. Put the pressure on Rethugs!!! Put the pressure on corporations!!! They fucking own Congress anyway!!!

by Anonymousreply 120November 21, 2020 7:31 PM

R116 I had a mental image of that and literally laughed out loud. You win the the thread for the day! You get to choose one item from the 2020 Fingerhut Holiday Catalog as your prize. Value can not exceed $20.

by Anonymousreply 121November 21, 2020 7:32 PM

[quote] I watch a shit ton of MSNBC, and ALL they talk about is this topic, there are Dems on there bitching about it 24-7. So why are we saying that they aren’t????

Do you not see the incongruity in your post?

by Anonymousreply 122November 21, 2020 7:34 PM

R119 thinks Joe Biden has a magic wand and can change things by saying abracadabra.

by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2020 7:43 PM

[quote]The GOP *never* allows public infighting. There’s a reason for that. Why do you think they don’t allow public infighting?

For the same reason they voted for Dump and have said nothing in the last four years as he's destroyed democracy. Because they're lemmings who will go so far as to enable fascism.

THAT'S something you want to emulate?

by Anonymousreply 124November 21, 2020 8:51 PM

Well they are starting now. Which is wonderful to see. Even it seems Rupert has had enough.

by Anonymousreply 125November 21, 2020 10:53 PM

I thought Biden had a cadre of lawyers in his corner in case he faces these types of contingencies?

Damn dude, man up.

by Anonymousreply 126November 21, 2020 11:25 PM

Joy Reid and her passable homophobia has turned me off MSNBC except for Rachael and Lawrence. I prefer CNN and they seem to have a more balanced way to understand Trump and Biden. I am not too worried that this will all pass. Once Jan 20 happens, Trump will deflate like a balloon in every way.

by Anonymousreply 127November 21, 2020 11:45 PM

If MSNBC is the only outreach it’s a poor tactic - you’re speaking to the already converted.

by Anonymousreply 128November 22, 2020 5:42 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 24, 2020 12:31 AM

[quote] If Joe can’t stand up to Emily at GSA it does not bide well for Biden.

To all those who wanted to have Biden go nuclear on Murphy, now STFU and support the guy. I knew it was a matter of one week. Biden knows when to pick his battles. He let the fools go to court so the judges could throw out the lawsuits to show foolish and stupid this was. It finally forced Republicans to come out and pressure Trump--maybe not to concede publicly but make the fat sow do her job.

by Anonymousreply 130November 24, 2020 3:39 AM

Just to reiterate, I was not pissed at Biden’s lack of action, since he technically hasn’t any power, I was pisses that the Dems in congress did virtually nothing.

Well, unless you include allowing someone to ignore a congressional subpoena with no consequences doing something.

by Anonymousreply 131November 24, 2020 10:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!