Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Obama's SCOTUS Nominee Merrick Garland Being Considered For Biden's Attorney General

I hope he is offered to job and he takes it. It would be a somewhat "fuck you" to Bitch McConnell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2020 2:12 PM

Nope. I want Sally Yates. Merrick Garland is not strong enough.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2020 8:24 PM

He still has to be confirmed. Biden can just make everyone "Acting", like trumpanzee did.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2020 8:31 PM

How is this a “fuck you” to McConnell and the GOP? Garland was selected by Obama because he was a moderate who was acceptable to Republicans. Democrats are so fucking awful at politics.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2020 8:34 PM

I want someone ferocious. Sally Yates would be good. So would Preet Bharara. He seems good and mean.

I want a pit-bull who will clamp onto Dump’s tiny wenis and not let go until he bleeds out. For every single person connected to any part of this shitty shitty era.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2020 8:36 PM

I was under the impression that Merrick Garland liked being a judge. Why would he give up a lifetime job to take on a pretty thankless job like attorney general for just a couple of years?

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2020 8:38 PM

Agree with R4...we need someone fierce

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2020 8:38 PM

I'm actually sad Biden chose Kamala as his VP. She would have been an excellent AG and not let Dump or any of his enablers get away with their crimes. It would have been indictment after indictment. Biden choosing a moderate candidate probably means he's willing to move on and let them get away with their criming. Again.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2020 8:39 PM

Preet Bharara would be excellent and a real fuck-you to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2020 8:56 PM

Sally Yates or Preet Bharara. We need this.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2020 9:01 PM

Marcia Clark... wait.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2020 9:06 PM

No way. Breyer will retire and Garland ought to get that seat. I want him in the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2020 9:29 PM

You bitches don't get what Biden is about.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2020 9:31 PM

I want it to go to Doug Jones, after he got unseated by a backwoods football coach who can’t tell his ass from a goalpost and thinks the Lord blessed us with Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2020 9:32 PM

R7 when she was Attorney General of California Kamala Harris went against the recommendation of her office and refused to prosecute Steve Mnuchin for all of the fraud he committed during the housing crisis. He’s now Secretary if the Treasury instead of a convicted felon. I think your faith in Harris’s willingness to go after Trump’s cronies may be misplaced.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2020 10:52 PM

[quote]You bitches don't get what Biden is about.

What the fuck does that even mean?

This isn't even about him. This is about holding Republicans accountable for their actions. A primary reason as to why he was elected.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2020 10:56 PM

It MUST be Sally Yates. I cried when he passed over her for VP.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2020 10:58 PM

R16: Mary!

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2020 10:59 PM

R3 If Merrick Garland had been acceptable to Republicans, wouldn't he be sitting on the Supreme Court?

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2020 11:00 PM

Garland isn't hard nosed enough to be AG

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2020 11:01 PM

The pick needs to be someone who Republicans in the Senate will confirm.

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2020 11:15 PM

[quote]The pick needs to be someone who Republicans in the Senate will confirm.

I don't think, with their current behavior, he's going to be beholden to what Mitch wants because Mitch has made it clear he will block at his leisure without reason or provocation.

I doubt he'll be willing to play Mr. Nice Guy over this aspect of his Presidency with their behavior these past few years and even now.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2020 11:17 PM

There are Republicans who will vote with Dems to confirm Biden's cabinet. Romney has already said he would. I think Murkowski and what's-er-name will follow suit. McConnell is not going to have the power he has now.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2020 11:19 PM

McConnell and the Republicans may revert the filibuster back to how it was before Harry Reid. I bet that’s what they will do. That would give cover by allowing only 41 Republicans to block a nomination and letting senators like Collins, Romney and Sasse do their thing.

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2020 11:22 PM

Another vote for Preet! I love his podcast

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2020 11:27 PM

There's only one choice:

Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2020 11:51 PM

Republicans would love to vote down Hillary’s nomination.

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2020 12:57 AM

Who cares about Senate nomination anymore? Orange shitstain probably had more acting secretaries than confirmed. If they wanna fuck with us, Biden should just do the same. Fuck them. But I doubt he would do this. Dems always try to play by the rules.

[Quote] I think your faith in Harris’s willingness to go after Trump’s cronies may be misplaced.

I did not remember that. Thanks for reminding me. Maybe you're right, but she's so fierce in the Senate hearings. I loved her questioning Kavanaugh.

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2020 1:34 AM

Biden & the party owe it to Doug Jones to find something suitable for Doug Jones. If not Justice, what?

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2020 3:04 AM

Does attorney general have to be approved by the Senate?

by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2020 1:09 PM

Sally Yates or Preet Bharara.

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2020 1:59 PM

R29 yes

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2020 2:00 PM

[quote]How is this a “fuck you” to McConnell and the GOP?

Umm, it would be a "fuck you" to McConnell and the GOP because they blocked the appointment of Garland, a highly qualified candidate, to the Supreme Court out of sheer partisan vindictiveness, under the ridiculous argument that the appointment should be left to the new President even though it was many months away from the Presidential election. If you are too dim to figure that out, perhaps you should not be posting opinions about anything anywhere on line.

Of course, while this WOULD stick it to McConnell and the GOP in that sense, Biden would not want Garland as his AG for that reason, but because he feels he would be well qualified for the job.

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2020 2:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!