Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrities who were born in unusual places

Such a glut of celebrities were born in Los Angeles or New York—boring. Miss Dunaway, by contrast, was born in a shack in podunk Bascom, Florida, population 121.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2020 8:39 PM

The Fontaine / de Havilland sisters.

Tokyo.

Even asked if they were born in the East on What’s My Line when the panel was suspecting it might be one of them.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2020 8:05 AM

Angie Dickinson was born in this tiny house in Kulm, North Dakota. Ever heard of it? Me neither.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2020 8:07 AM

I actually know one: Keanu Reeves was born in Lebanon.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2020 8:15 AM

OP: THAT'S what Faye has morphed into? She looks like Leslie Caron and Mary Tyler Moore had a baby, in a cement mixer.

Wow kids, stay away from plastic surgeons.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2020 8:32 AM

Two of the most famous Australians were born in the U. S. Nicole Kidman was born in Honolulu. Mel Gibson was born in Peekskill, NY

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2020 12:56 PM

[quote] Angie Dickinson was born in this tiny house in Kulm, North Dakota.

R2, did she keep it as a second home? Are her parents still living there and she rehabbed it for them?

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2020 1:05 PM

R5 Don't forget the famous Aussie adjacent Keith Urban, as well as another famous Aussie Russel Crowe: both born in New Zealand.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2020 1:17 PM

Joaquin Phoenix was born in Puerto Rico. Richard E. Grant was born in Eswatini.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2020 1:21 PM

Liv Ullman - Tokyo, Japan

Julie Christie - Chabua, India

Joanna Lumley - Srinagar, India

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2020 1:22 PM

The late. great actor and womanizer, Errol Flynn, was born in Tasmania.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2020 1:41 PM

Probably the best well know celebrity born in unusual place would be Freddie Mercury born in Zanzibar. I had to look up what that is today and apparently it’s part of Tanzania now. Wonder what it’s like. It always seemed so exotic growing up. Much like Timbuktu, which apparently is just a hole in the wall trading market.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2020 1:47 PM

I'm a born-again Cambodian.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2020 2:05 PM

DL fave Sarah Paulson was born in Tampa. George Clooney was born in Lexington, KY. Natalie Portman was born in Jerusalem. Carol Burnett was born in San Antonio.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2020 2:18 PM

In the Playbill for WHOLESALE, Barbra said she was born in Madagascar and reared in Rangoon.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2020 2:22 PM

Heterosexual Tim Tebow was born in Makati, Philippines.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2020 2:27 PM

R14 she was kidding. Barbra is from Flatbush, Brooklyn. She's quite fond and proud of it. I saw her return concert there.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2020 5:06 PM

Hello!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2020 4:56 PM

The Meadows sister, Audrey and Jane, were born in China where their parents were missionaries. Juliet Prowse was born in South Africa. A whole lot of British celebrities were born in India and lists are easily found. The one that surprised me was Cliff Richard

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2020 5:02 PM

Judy was born in a trunk!

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 7:36 PM

Bruce Willis was born in Germany.

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2020 8:23 PM

[quote] She looks like Leslie Caron and Mary Tyler Moore had a baby, in a cement mixer.

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2020 8:25 PM

R18 Audrey was born in New York. But Jane was born in China, none other than Wuhan.

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2020 8:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!