Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Georgia’s secretary of state says Lindsey Graham suggested he throw out legal ballots

Utterly shamless.

Georgia’s secretary of state Brad Raffensperger has said that Senator Lindsey Graham asked whether it was possible to invalidate legally cast ballots after Donald Trump was narrowly defeated in the state.

In an interview with the Washington Post, Raffensperger said that his fellow Republican, the chairman of the Senate judiciary committee, questioned him about the state’s signature-matching law and asked whether political bias might have played a role in counties where poll workers accepted higher rates of mismatched signatures. According to Raffensperger, Graham then asked whether he had the authority to toss out all mail-in ballots in these counties.

Raffensperger was reportedly “stunned” by the question, in which Graham appeared to suggest that he find a way to throw out legally cast absentee ballots.

“It sure looked like he was wanting to go down that road,” he said.

Graham confirmed the conversation to reporters on Capitol Hill but said it was “ridiculous” to suggest that he pressured Raffensperger to throw out legally cast absentee ballots. According to Graham, he only wanted to learn more about the process for verifying signatures, because what happens in Georgia “affects the whole nation”.

“I thought it was a good conversation,” Graham said on Monday after the interview was published. “I’m surprised to hear he characterized it that way.”

Trump has refused to accept results showing Joe Biden as the winner of the 2020 presidential election, falsely blaming rampant fraud and irregularities that election officials in both parties have dismissed as meritless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2020 7:02 PM

When a Republican calls out another Republican like this, you know it’s serious.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2020 1:19 PM

Lindsey is SUCH a fucking LIAR!

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2020 1:28 PM

R1 just closes this thread out. Shits about to get real for Graham, I think I hope.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2020 1:44 PM

I imagine Lindsey will be benefiting from one of those Trump pardons for crimes that may or may not have been committed.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2020 2:01 PM

Remember when Miss Linda begged for money in the halls of the Senate ( a crime) , when Jamie Harrison was raising tons of $$$. I hope someone investigates that.

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2020 2:18 PM

Why is Graham even talking to the Georgia Secretary of State?

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2020 2:21 PM

Lindsey looks like shit lately. I mean, really bad. Bags under the eyes, a defeated expression and looks as if he doesn't sleep well.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2020 2:25 PM

If he did this in Georgia, the South Carolina senate race needs to be fully audited and recounted before results are certified.

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2020 2:28 PM

A conspiracy to commit a federal crime across state lines? Lock her up!

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2020 2:31 PM

“I thought it was a good conversation,” Graham said on Monday after the interview was published. “I’m surprised to hear he characterized it that way.”

One would think if a sitting senator was accused of vote tampering - a felony - he'd deny it in the strongest possible terms. Lady G doesn't even bother to deny what he said to this guy.

by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2020 2:35 PM

One must serve the maximum leader !

by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2020 2:39 PM

So posted at R10 & in retrospect, none of this is surprising at all: Lady G didn't care if it got out because above all else, he cares about his fealty to Dear Leader & he knows not only will Fat Ass Barr not do anything, Barr is probably devising a means to charge to the GA SofS

by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2020 2:39 PM

WHEN will someone finally find out what the fuck they’ve got on this guy?!?!???!?!? We’ve been talking about it for literally YEARS. Why can’t this story break open?!?! I’m SO SICK of this wimp licking Trump’s ass and making a fucking mockery of everything he used to claim to stand for.

Also, this tells you a lot about McCain’s true character, I’m sick of his sainthood too. If McCain was BFF’s with a whore like this, it’s hard to imagine him being a decent person. Lindsey has literally turned into a piece of garbage. I mean, Nicolle Wallace and Steve Schmidt fawn over McCain and exalted him beyond any other modern leader — and we’re uninvited from his funeral by the family!!!!! Who the fuck does that toward obviously loyal friends??!?? These people are all HUMAN GARBAGE.

I was watching a program talking about Mitch, people were saying that he’s totally changed, that he wasn’t like this in his early career, meaning the lust for power. SOMETHING has gone down, there is without question a huge rot that has infiltrated the halls of Congress. Is it blackmail? Is it greed? Is it foreign meddling? Is it bribery? Is it pay-to-play? Is it a combo of all of the above? For the love of all that is good, SOMEONE needs to clean this up!!!! Swamp INDEED.

And do not get my started on fucking JAVANKA!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2020 2:48 PM

O.K., This is a HUGE FUCKING CRIME !!!

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2020 2:54 PM

They picked the wrong guy to fuck with on this. He was an engineer and has adopted the rollout of these machines as his personal project. He is dying to show how accurate and tamper proof they are. He will give no quarter. Plus, unlike the senatrice, he is independently wealthy from his career before being office.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2020 3:01 PM

Yes, r15, and the media did their job, but what’s NEXT?!?

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2020 3:02 PM

Lindsey is a comic book level evil gay villain.

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2020 3:12 PM

Not sure what your looking for r16, But I am assuming "out real lawsuits" will be filed "in the next few days" right after that fantastic health care plan. And then Biden gets inagurated.

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2020 3:21 PM

He is a parasite who can't stand on his own. What an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2020 3:33 PM

It truly is amazing that none of his lovers have come forward. There’s something VERY suspect about his entire situation. It’s not exactly a secret in DC that he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2020 3:38 PM

Someone needs to do a DEEP dive on this.

And Lindsay Graham.

There is rot within.

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2020 3:41 PM

He REALLY needs to go down for this!

by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2020 4:37 PM

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman · 1h Sen. @LindseyGrahamSC just told a group of reporters in the capitol that he’s also spoken to Secretaries of State in Nevada and Arizona. This is in addition to the sos in Georgia.

He said he’s doing it as a senator who is worried about election integrity. (@pkcapitol asked)

But the SS for AZ denies she spoke with Lady G! THE PLOT THICKENS!!

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2020 4:55 PM

Woooooooooooow. Take this fucker down NOW. I’ll give up yanking him out of the closet even!!

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2020 4:57 PM

The kompromat on him must be serious to go this far for Fatbaby. You can tell it's eating up his soul too from his looks. He is risking prison for that orange turd. It's more than being gay too because everyone knows and if he came out no one would be surprised or care.

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2020 5:00 PM

I agree r25, I think this is less about the closet, and more about bribery and other actions that are 100% going to land him in prison. He’s committed many felonies, and is shitting his pants now and desperate to stay out of jail. Winning the election has made him even bolder.

by Anonymousreply 26November 17, 2020 5:08 PM

I think the kompromat involves an accidental death of a prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 27November 17, 2020 5:10 PM

There are 100 Senators. Why is it that we have to see and hear THIS cunt every goddamn single day of our lives?!

by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2020 5:14 PM

Winning the election has made him even bolder.

I agree; she's always been in an insufferable twat, but since she handily won the election after millions were poured into SC to defeat her, she thinks she's invincible.

by Anonymousreply 29November 17, 2020 5:20 PM

How did she win R29? Are we sure that he didn't cheat? Can NC claim voter fraud?

by Anonymousreply 30November 17, 2020 5:21 PM

R30, take it from someone who paid for 2016 recounts, thus country doesn’t want to face election cheating.

by Anonymousreply 31November 17, 2020 5:25 PM

All she cares about is power. She has no more integrity than dump does. I agree with whoever said she thinks she’s invincible now.

by Anonymousreply 32November 17, 2020 5:25 PM

There are 329 million people in the United States. 329,000,000. And out of all those millions people, Lindsey Graham was deemed to be worthy of a seat in the United States Senate.

I’ll never stop being disgusted and shocked at that fact.

by Anonymousreply 33November 17, 2020 5:30 PM

Nothing will happen to Miss Lindsey. NOTHING! He gets away with shit because we don't care, we are focus on other dumb shit or we are hypnotized by our cell phones. Sad facts.

by Anonymousreply 34November 17, 2020 5:38 PM

The fact that he was so shameless and bold about it makes me believe this is par for the course with the GOP.

Stealing elections is specialty, and with all the mail in ballots, the GOP couldn't suppress the vote as strongly

by Anonymousreply 35November 17, 2020 6:35 PM

by Anonymousreply 36November 17, 2020 7:44 PM

I think Lindsay is a eunuch

by Anonymousreply 37November 17, 2020 7:44 PM

She’s in deep doo doo. This story keeps getting bigger and bigger.

by Anonymousreply 38November 17, 2020 8:14 PM

After her victory by an inexplicably large margin, I've almost given up hope of there ever being a reckoning for Lady G, but this latest episode does give me some faint hope. It would be a terrible thing if that GA SoS has a recording of his conversation with Lady G & makes it public....

by Anonymousreply 39November 17, 2020 9:15 PM

Who would investigate him? The Georgia AG?

by Anonymousreply 40November 17, 2020 9:52 PM

I hate to be so hateful and vindictive but I wish something would come of this for Lindsey-Belle.

by Anonymousreply 41November 17, 2020 10:03 PM

The widow Graham is on a roll since her secret husband John died. She’s trying to steal Donny from Mel, in front of everyone and god and she’s pissed nothing is working so she takes it out on the rest of the country.

by Anonymousreply 42November 17, 2020 10:25 PM

Something just occurred to me reading you guys talk about republicans stealing elections. Up to this point, I assumed that trump's demonization of mail in ballots was to set the stage for the tantrums he is throwing right now in hopes of overturning the election after the fact. I am starting to wonder if maybe they knew that the fixes they put in were dependent on manipulating machines used during in person voting. Therefore, causing mail in ballots to bypass their ability to cheat. But somehow, they were still able to cheat in SC and KY.

Food for thought.

by Anonymousreply 43November 17, 2020 11:01 PM

[quote]I think the kompromat involves an accidental death of a prostitute.

And possibly some doo-doo

by Anonymousreply 44November 17, 2020 11:04 PM

R43, multiple posters have posited that scenario on numerous threads now. Most agree that’s EXACTLY why they flipped out over mail-in ballots. These tickets aren’t even hiding!!!!!!!!! It is breathtaking!

by Anonymousreply 45November 17, 2020 11:05 PM

[quote] I imagine Lindsey will be benefiting from one of those Trump pardons for crimes that may or may not have been committed.

It would be completely Trumpian to deny the Senatrice a pardon, just because Plump feels she is insufficiently loyal.

by Anonymousreply 46November 17, 2020 11:12 PM

I hope she rots in jail and is forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 47November 17, 2020 11:18 PM

JFC, I typed “fuckers” not tickets at r45

by Anonymousreply 48November 17, 2020 11:19 PM

Lol r45. Now that you mention it, that does sound familiar. I guess I was convinced that it was going to be about throwing out ballots. Post election, it makes more sense because Mitch and the Senatrice were still able to manipulate their own particular states. TPTB in the party of trump (formerly the GOP) saw both of them as not just being necessary senate seats, but also high value figures who would do exactly what that little queen from SC is doing right now.

by Anonymousreply 49November 17, 2020 11:34 PM

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

by Anonymousreply 50November 18, 2020 12:16 AM

What Obama says is absolutely true. Look what Graham was saying in 2016

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 18, 2020 12:19 AM

What happens in Georgia voting is none of Graham’s business.

by Anonymousreply 52November 18, 2020 12:20 AM

Since Lady Graham also donated $500,000 to Trump's legal defense over voting counts this latest move would seem doubly unethical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 18, 2020 1:11 AM

Per twitter, she's in two of the top spots:

All Day Trending Today:

- Lindsey Graham

- Dolly Parton

- Kevin Hart

- Bledsoe

- Lady G

by Anonymousreply 54November 18, 2020 1:29 AM

I'm sure Lady G loves that she is trending..she is an attention whore second to none

by Anonymousreply 55November 19, 2020 4:38 PM

Is that his faghag on the left @r53?

by Anonymousreply 56November 19, 2020 4:45 PM

LOCK HIM UP !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2020 6:50 PM

Enough is enough of the GOP riding roughshod over the country and everything it stands for. These anti-democratic scum need to be held accountable

by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2020 7:01 PM

And people like Feinstein need to fucking retire. We don't need enabling shits like her!

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2020 7:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!