Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Positive Threads About Black People

Name one.

by Anonymousreply 61November 25, 2020 1:49 AM

Big dicks.

by Anonymousreply 1November 16, 2020 10:48 PM

I am black. I don't think this site is as racist as many of you claim. Most of the most racist threads are three trolls talking to eachother for days at a time. If you ignore them immediately, your DL experience gets much less racist pretty quickly

by Anonymousreply 2November 16, 2020 10:51 PM

I'm not sure what you mean, OP. Just about any random black person or a thread dedicated to positive stereotypes about black people?

Anyway, I can't really think of a thread about anyone that is positive overall. DL hates almost everyone and people don't start threads to say nice things.

by Anonymousreply 3November 16, 2020 10:51 PM

given that 3'4ths of DLers are virulent racists, there is no thread about black people that will not devolve into racism

by Anonymousreply 4November 16, 2020 10:55 PM

Here you go, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 16, 2020 10:58 PM

This is literally my feed right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 16, 2020 10:58 PM

Of the people on The View, Sunny is not among the most hated.

And years ago people here said Don Lemon was hot.

So there you go.

by Anonymousreply 7November 16, 2020 11:02 PM

I agree with r5 about the Jay Bentley thread, and there’s probably more I can’t think of.

by Anonymousreply 8November 16, 2020 11:14 PM

The Little Richard threads were all positive. DL acknowledges LR legacy and talent. His outrageousness in the 50's -wearing mascara!- was emboldening to many. Even those who brought up his supposed 'hypocrisy' of his bible days understand his plight of his times. Little Richard was loved and missed. He was a force to be reckoned with and won't be forgotten for a long, long, time.

by Anonymousreply 9November 16, 2020 11:15 PM

DL gets into the most trouble when people start threads about Black people like they are a monolithic group, and when posters discuss Black people as such.

I have noticed that we have a few people who troll threads about certain Black celebrities; notably Janet Jackson, Beyonce, Jussie Smollett, Will and Jada Smith and their children.

Some Black celebrities get praise, like Niecy Nash, Shaun T, and Michael B Jordan (for obvious reasons)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 16, 2020 11:19 PM

R10 Yes!! That Niecy Nash thread made me so happy! DLer were so uncharacteristically kind. It really legitimately made me happy.

Jussie notwithstanding, Jurnee will always get compliments from me as long as she continues to be such a compelling actor, and I have noticed a lot of people here feel the same way. She was charismatic all the way back to Eve's Bayou.

by Anonymousreply 11November 16, 2020 11:24 PM

There’s an active thread about Dionne Warwick that could be considered positive, if you don’t count its OP stating, “ She’s surprised people know what a Dionne Warwick is! 😂 Old dumbass bitch!” and overlook a few of the other comments in it. Maybe we shouldn’t set the bar too high for what is considered “positive”.

by Anonymousreply 12November 16, 2020 11:25 PM

There was a Regina Hall thread a while back that was pretty great. She's so wonderful

by Anonymousreply 13November 16, 2020 11:26 PM

I really resent how so many eldergays insist that black people are way more homophobic than white people. It hasn’t been my experience at all. I was bullied in junior high by a bunch of white kids as a black male because they suspected....

DL ignores and makes excuses for white male Homophobia, especially those white males who pass anti-LGBT legislation, while chastising random rappers who use the F word. It’s fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 14November 16, 2020 11:28 PM

I tried to start a thread about a show I liked with a mostly black cast but nobody here cares.

by Anonymousreply 15November 16, 2020 11:30 PM

r6 Im the OP of that thread about NBA rejects going gay 😆

I dont know if people feel that thread is negative or positive for black people but it is a black-centric topic

by Anonymousreply 16November 16, 2020 11:30 PM

R15 What show was it?

by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2020 11:48 PM

Didn't the original Uhura have a thread about her awhile back?

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2020 11:57 PM

r15 why don't you link it here?

I dont see threads about Black topics because I may not post here for a couple of days and I dont see the thread. DL is an unorganized and rudimentary message board as well. Its not like you can add tags to topics so posters can find things they normally discuss without wading through the whole site.

We used to have a Black Dataloungers thread series that died, probably for these reasons. I will link it if anyone is interested in resurrecting it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 16, 2020 11:58 PM

With the sole exception of the cast members from "The Jeffersons", lots of famous blacks have thrown our community under the bus at one point or another...

Fantasia, Isiah W., Gloria Gaynor, Stevie Wonder, 50 Cents, Fred "Rerun" Berry, Jimmy Walker, Donna Summer, Clifton Davis, that Real Housewives nut, etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2020 12:03 AM

One of the best tv sitcoms ever was The Carmichael Show. It had an all black cast. It was hilarious. I wish it had stayed on the air.

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2020 12:10 AM

Despite all the shit that Black people have gone through and still have to go through, I never doubt their patriotism or religious feeling.

by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2020 12:15 AM

I’ve heard positive things about Magic Johnson, but I can’t remember if it was on DL.

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2020 12:20 AM

Good discussion. I feel this thread raised our consciousness a little.

by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2020 7:58 PM

Today's Naomi Campbell vs. Tyra Banks catfight thread does not meet the criteria lol

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2020 8:12 PM

I’ve seen some positive ass threads!

by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2020 8:20 PM

Dionne is a DL icon.

by Anonymousreply 27November 18, 2020 8:22 PM

That feels pandering. I don't think black people need positive threads about "them" on DL. I'd rather think they just want to be listened to just as any other DLer does. With common bitchery and decent pointlessness.

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2020 8:23 PM

Some of them are very clean and articulate!

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2020 8:24 PM

BBC is the only thing I can think of.

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2020 8:26 PM

Can you imagine the hell that black people go through in this country?? I don't know if I could survive knowing that society hates and/or is scared of me constantly

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2020 8:28 PM

Well, OP, it sure ain't this thread, where you are perpetuating blacks as your pet victims who you have to protect like primates on your chain.

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2020 8:28 PM

Some of them are very clean and articulate!

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2020 10:29 PM

There are two threads about Esther Rolle going right now (even if half the people are saying she's fat and ugly).

by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2020 11:11 PM

R31 Some people here are black and I'm sure they can share without us having to imagine. If they have the patience and tolerance to share yet more of their life experiences with yet more ignorant white people who will listen and then decide that what they say can't really be true.

I'm a white guy and I've gone over this enough time with my black friends FINALLY that I stopped doubting a few years ago and realized that their insane stories are not exaggerated. Life for black people in most of the U.S. is fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2020 1:39 AM

That's what I think, too, R35. I'm continually astonished at how the average white person has never spent 5 minutes trying to understand the terms "white privilege," "white fragility" or "unconscious racism." DL can be pointlessly bitchy all it wants, but I don't think it gets a free pass to constantly demean black people and repeat mindless racist tropes.

It takes a big person to admit that part of their animus against some person or event is actually limbic rage against those they have been taught to believe are inferior to them.

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2020 10:54 PM

The one about the guy who was harassed by that dog-frau in the park.

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2020 11:44 PM

Black Music History Archive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2020 11:47 PM

[quote]I'm continually astonished at how the average white person has never spent 5 minutes trying to understand the terms "white privilege," "white fragility" or "unconscious racism."

Honestly, I wish I had a black friend, but if he used words like that repeatedly in casual conversation, I'm afraid the friendship wouldn't last long.

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2020 11:54 PM

I'm continually astonished at the hypocrisy and how people don't understand what "practice what you preach" means.

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2020 6:02 PM

I can’t believe we’re discussing this topic again. Look folks, I think we can all agree there’s a helluva lot of bad black people. But there’s some good ones too. The same can be said for whites, Hispanics, Koreans, et al.

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2020 6:30 PM

WTF, R41.

You must be insane. A FEW good ones? American history/culture, if black history and culture were excised, would be a smear of beige on a white formica table. In 100 years, if humanity survives, they will see it exactly the way I just called it.

Perspective, my man.

by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2020 6:59 PM

I'm black, college educated, my parents were married for 71 years; my died in July. We had our own home, my mom was a stay at home mom until I was 16, when she went to technical college and became an LPN; my dad fixed airplanes for American Airlines; he died at 91, nearly 92 & my mom is 88.

by Anonymousreply 43November 21, 2020 7:05 PM

Tracy Chapman

by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2020 7:17 PM

[quote] Honestly, I wish I had a black friend, but if he used words like that repeatedly in casual conversation, I'm afraid the friendship wouldn't last long.

R39, your black friend would never use those words. Terms like "white privilege," "white fragility" or "unconscious racism" are used by woke whites.

by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2020 7:50 PM

R43 - That’s incredible. Sounds like you had a wonderful, loving family life. I’m a white male and none of my black male friends have married parents. Some don’t even know their father. I think their family breakdowns are a result of cultural racism and oppression. But your father endured and stuck around. Kudos to him!

by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2020 8:38 PM

Thanks r46, I'm very lucky for both of my parents.

by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2020 8:49 PM

I'm glad this thread was started. I'm black and I've been on DL for many years (decades?) And I've seen the slow turn from bitchery to absolute ugliness and it really maked me sad. When I was growing up it seemed gay white men and women knew more about people and history in general and it was great we can learn from one another. Now it just seems people want to let you know how terrible you are and how superior they are.

by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2020 9:18 PM

R48 I think that's Internet culture generally and certainly DL culture. I hate it, too. I post snarky things but I am generally positive and won't give in to accepting that everyone just behaves with the cruelty and ignroance of Trump now because they can. His advent really changed everything for everyone in the US. Regardless of political affiliations, more people than not today are childish, petty, they call people adolescent-type names, they're cruel and compassionless, degrading, hateful, intentionally harmful. It doesn't have to be this way.

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2020 10:49 PM

We’re big fans of the divas. No one embraces them like gays and they know it.

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2020 10:56 PM

i had a black friend in 4th grade in 1966 in Cleveland Heights, Even slept over at his house. It had that smell, ya know!

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2020 11:06 PM

Your absolutely right r49. And I'm not sure if this happened exactly when Trump was elected or it was coming on during the Obama administration. Whenever it happened it's horrible now.

by Anonymousreply 52November 22, 2020 3:29 PM

Is R50 Trump? You sound like Trump. "No one has done more for black people."

Come on. It's not so much the racist trolls that take over every thread on DL they possibly can, it's the dozens of WWs they get. They should get ff-ed and driven off the forum.

by Anonymousreply 53November 22, 2020 5:35 PM

Well racism is a white person's issue, they created they should fix it.

They created the problems in this country. They own and operate everything. And they created all of the laws, so this is squarely on white society. They made this mess they should clean it up.

But they won't.

by Anonymousreply 54November 22, 2020 7:33 PM

I like the fact that Oprah’s fat like me.

by Anonymousreply 55November 23, 2020 4:27 PM

I'll have to find that Regina King thread. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 56November 23, 2020 5:08 PM

The Michael B Jordan sexiest man alive thread is a good example of how most threads on black people go here. Some jackass just said he's "safe black" and he seems like he didn't graduate high school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 23, 2020 6:46 PM

Honestly I can't think of a single thread here about white people that hasn't evolved into a shit fest why should Black people be any different.

by Anonymousreply 58November 23, 2020 10:27 PM

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. It's fucking delicious.

Gospel music. Imagine the world without all of the amazing black artists?

by Anonymousreply 59November 24, 2020 12:47 AM

I love fried chicken and watermelon.

by Anonymousreply 60November 24, 2020 12:48 AM

I systematically ignore all the racist commenters and, voila, DL seems pretty intelligent, and still bitchy enough to make me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 61November 25, 2020 1:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!