Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Toilet paper šŸ§» and paper towels are disappearing from store shelves again!

Not again!šŸ„ŗ

by Anonymousreply 102December 9, 2020 7:54 PM

There are rumors swirling that we are headed for a 6 week lock down after the inauguration, so I'm not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2020 8:45 PM

R1 that is 2 months from now!!

by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2020 8:46 PM

Christmas ornaments for 2020 reflect what we all were thankful for this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2020 8:47 PM

Yes, I've been seeing people in Meijer with carts full of paper products lately. Here we go again.

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2020 8:49 PM

Tons of paper products, wipes, bleach here. What are you talking about??

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2020 8:51 PM

I'm low on paper towels even though the stores replenished their supplies months ago, because nobody seems to carry the rolls with full size sheets anymore. Everything, no matter which brand, seems to be available only in the "choose-a-size" style, which I hate. Soon, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy whatever's on the shelf, which may be nothing if the hoarders get there first. Woe is me!

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2020 8:53 PM

I bought a washlet/bidet at the start of the pandemic. I just use toilet tissue to dry now.

Best purchase ever!

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2020 9:29 PM

[quote]I'm low on paper towels even though the stores replenished their supplies months ago, because nobody seems to carry the rolls with full size sheets anymore. Everything, no matter which brand, seems to be available only in the "choose-a-size" style, which I hate.

I hate the ā€œselect-a-sizeā€ paper towels too. But you better buy whatever the fuck your store has RIGHT NOW. Itā€™s about to get a whole lot worse, and there might be no paper towels in stock for MONTHS!

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2020 9:33 PM

My doctor told me six weeks ago to stock up, the second wave was definitely coming and would be bad.

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2020 9:37 PM

Iā€™m glad I stocked up last month.

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2020 9:51 PM

How much TP do you bitches go through? 18 rolls last a year. I never got this, I think it was a frau thing.

by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2020 10:13 PM

R10 can I come over to your house to wipe my ass?

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2020 10:14 PM

Yep, happening here at my Kroger. The paper aisle is emptying out again, damn it.

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2020 10:58 PM

Well, shit.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2020 11:02 PM

No, but Iā€™ll sell you some TP, r12. $50 a roll, cash or Venmo only.

by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2020 11:26 PM

This thread inspired me to go out and buy paper towels and toilet paper. Walmart had plenty of toilet paper but they only had Great Value brand paper towels (4 pack). I tend to use a lot of paper towels.

by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2020 11:32 PM

[quote]Walmart had plenty of toilet paper but they only had Great Value brand paper towels (4 pack).

I expect you bought several Great Value 4 packs.

by Anonymousreply 17November 15, 2020 11:41 PM

I went grocery shopping today and there was plenty, didn't notice anything amiss.

by Anonymousreply 18November 15, 2020 11:45 PM

I just bought one, R17. I already paper towels in stock and good for a couple of months.

by Anonymousreply 19November 15, 2020 11:47 PM

I got the last 6-roll of paper towels at Big Lots last week. I'm good.

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2020 11:48 PM

^already have

by Anonymousreply 21November 15, 2020 11:50 PM

what the fuck is the point of a paper towel? use a regular towel you stupid CUNT

by Anonymousreply 22November 15, 2020 11:53 PM

Might be a good time to lay in a supply of rice, pasta, flour, yeast, and other staples, too.

by Anonymousreply 23November 16, 2020 12:26 AM

R8, you're the only person I've ever met who shares my dislike for "select a size" paper towels! Only we haven't actually met, but at least I know you exist! Will you sign my petition to the people who make Bounty (my favorite brand)?

by Anonymousreply 24November 16, 2020 12:28 AM

Select a size is a stupid idea. Never buy that shit.

by Anonymousreply 25November 16, 2020 5:11 AM

At Costco, late Thursday afternoon, I was shocked to see the TP section empty! I asked one of the guys working the forklift if he could put some more out--it looked like they only had one more pallet--so he put it out immediately, & it was gone almost as fast as he put it down! People were waiting & taking their one package allowed :( Here we go again! & this is LA County!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 16, 2020 5:25 AM

Order from Who Gives a Crap.

by Anonymousreply 27November 16, 2020 5:29 AM

More shocking than the new shortages are you people who dont like select a size paper towels. I like them and it makes the roll last twice as long!

by Anonymousreply 28November 16, 2020 5:49 AM

What the hell do you all use paper towels for that you're so upset that they might sell out?

Weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 29November 16, 2020 6:03 AM

r26 is forever at Costco.

by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2020 6:11 AM

Iā€™ve got 40 rolls of Scott 1000 sheets. That should last me well into the new year.

by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2020 6:15 AM

I knew it! I've been ordering online groceries for my mother throughout the pandemic. She thought I was crazy when I'd order an extra package of toilet paper or an extra package of paper towels for her here and there throughout the fall.

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2020 6:15 AM

r29 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2020 6:19 AM

Aww darn it, I thought you guys liked the Tear-a-Square Brawny's. I stocked up for Christmas presents for you all and everything.

I fucked up. Sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 16, 2020 6:20 AM

Why would anyone dislike select a size paper towels? If you want regular size, just take two sheets. This seems like an issue for the same people who would yell about people getting off their lawn.

by Anonymousreply 35November 16, 2020 6:33 AM

I use paper towels a ton for cleaning. For everything really.

I will pick some extra up and report back. Also need to do a toilet paper run.

by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2020 6:42 AM

Why does anyone even need toilet paper? Donā€™t wipe. Its simple.

by Anonymousreply 37November 16, 2020 7:26 AM

Wash. Your. Ass. There is 0 need for toilet paper, only a hand, soap, water, and a towel.

by Anonymousreply 38November 16, 2020 7:29 AM

If you got shit on any other part of your body, would you just wipe it with toilet paper? No, youā€™d wash it off with soap.

Why treat your butthole any differently?

by Anonymousreply 39November 16, 2020 7:31 AM

In Michigan our lockdown starts Wednesday. Out of paper towel at the store and people stocking up again

by Anonymousreply 40November 16, 2020 7:49 AM

Why stock up on TP? Youā€™ll be home for chrissake! Just wash your ass.

by Anonymousreply 41November 16, 2020 10:46 AM

[quote] Why would anyone dislike select a size paper towels? If you want regular size, just take two sheets. This seems like an issue for the same people who would yell about people getting off their lawn.

R35, in order to take a specific number of sheets, I have to look at the roll and find the perforations (which aren't always highly visible and aren't visible at all if the light's turned off), then I have to depend on the manufacturer to have made the perforations properly to permit selective tearing (which isn't always the case even with the more expensive brands), then I have to accurately judge the size of the job that needs the paper towel(s). Wiping up coffee drips shouldn't require the exercise of so many little grey cells.

by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2020 12:27 PM

Paper towels are so expensive. I gave them up a year ago and don't miss them. I just use microfiber towels now. You can get a pack of 10 from Marshalls or TJ Maxx for just $5.

by Anonymousreply 43November 16, 2020 12:52 PM

So how do you people who think paper towels are useless get leftover grease off your bacon? What do you use to clean up cat vomit or other gross stuff?

by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2020 3:43 PM

Everything you mentioned can be done using a microfiber towel, R44. I still have a roll of paper towels in a cabinet somewhere, but I haven't touched them in 6 months. You do have to rinse out the towel sometimes, but I've used it to drain meat with on a plate. I never used paper towels to clean up cat puke. I usually have some cheap wet wipes around to do that.

I'm just saying give it a shot. It will save you a ton of money and hassle dragging those rolls home and storing them. I do still buy napkins, but they are a lot cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2020 3:56 PM

With cats I go through tons of paper towels. I'll even wet 3 or 4 of them lightly and give the cat a little rubdown- to freshen them up.

by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2020 4:34 PM

No need to wipe your ass. Clean it in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2020 4:36 PM

At Walgreens today, everyone in line except me was buying TP. There was still plenty on the shelf though.

by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2020 12:30 AM

I have slowly restocked over the past few months. However, my last grocery order was shorted disinfectant wipes because they were unavailable. And my favorite Gatorade was unavailable.

by Anonymousreply 49November 18, 2020 12:43 AM

Went to the dollar general today and they were pretty well stocked - I got paper towels, toilet paper and some wipes. I bet they will be cleaned out soon, though... we are about to go into lockdown tomorrow (Minneapolis)

by Anonymousreply 50November 18, 2020 12:52 AM

Itā€™s happening in Utah. But our numbers have gone up too. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 51November 18, 2020 12:53 AM

[quote]I'll even wet 3 or 4 of them lightly and give the cat a little rubdown- to freshen them up.

You freshen up the paper towels by rubbing them on the cat?

by Anonymousreply 52November 18, 2020 1:45 AM

Early in the pandemic, when mask making information was surfacing, one of the tested materials that could be used for masks was Shop Towels.

I bought a 6 roll pack at that time.

I never used them for masks, but have begun to use them in the place of paper towels for some cleaning tasks. Stronger than paper towels and they last longer.

Suggest you expand your disposable towels repertoire to make use of shop towels sometimes. You might have better luck finding them if the paper towel shelves are empty.

by Anonymousreply 53November 18, 2020 10:36 AM

Donā€™t wipe your ass! Get in the shower assholes.

by Anonymousreply 54November 18, 2020 11:04 PM

I went to WallyWorld today and the huge 144 roll tissue rafts were gone.

Just out of fear I bought two 12 packs of the ultra abrasive wavy shit-scrub. My fave.

by Anonymousreply 55November 18, 2020 11:22 PM

R54, how many showers a day should we take? I may have a bowel movement after each meal and snack -- that's 3 times a day plus 2 for snacks between meals. Not a full shower including shampooing hair, but still more of a project than just using toilet paper. Maybe you live in a drought-free zone but I don't.

by Anonymousreply 56November 19, 2020 1:02 AM

All gone from the Ralph's I go to in Palm Springs. Also Ramen for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 57November 19, 2020 1:11 AM

R56, get one of those handheld shower heads, put it on high pressure spray and blow the shit out of the pucker as many times a day as needed. Easy peasy.

by Anonymousreply 58November 19, 2020 2:01 AM

This is a Trumpeter thing. They are or were convinced if Biden wins, headed for a full lock down and shortages. 70 million of them believe this and voted for orange turds and TP.

by Anonymousreply 59November 19, 2020 2:09 AM

"Orange Turds and TP: A Deplorable's Story"

Soon in a mini-mart near you, next to the TP aisle.

by Anonymousreply 60November 19, 2020 2:53 AM

We know..... šŸ˜ž

by Anonymousreply 61November 19, 2020 3:08 AM

[quote][R56], get one of those handheld shower heads, put it on high pressure spray and blow the shit out of the pucker as many times a day as needed. Easy peasy.

Do you then fully sanitize your shower from all the shitbits that have flown everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 62November 19, 2020 4:18 AM

I went to two Walmart stores in Florida today (yeah, be glad I made it out alive to report). Walmart has gotten ahead of the game. Paper towels are now only available in packs with only two rolls, no colossal 8 roll packs to be found. If people start hoarding like squirrels in winter, they can limit the number of two roll packs you can purchase in a transaction. Toilet paper is still available in large packs of 8 and 12 rolls.

by Anonymousreply 63November 19, 2020 4:26 AM

I was able to order Bounty paper towels yesterday from Kroger.

by Anonymousreply 64November 19, 2020 4:29 AM

I already have 36 rolls of paper towels and 68 rolls of TP. I gradually stocked up since summer because I knew this drama was coming and I didn't want to deal with it.

BTW, anyone with a long-haired cat will understand why paper towels are necessary.

by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2020 5:15 AM

After stores started stocking paper products again at the beginning of the summer, we've been buying TP and paper towels more frequently than we've actually needed them. When we're at Costco or a supermarket, we buy a package if we think about it. But not every time. We store them in a spare room. I wasn't aware what we've actually accumulated over the past few months, so I did an inventory. Turns out we have 162 rolls of TP and 44 rolls of paper towels! I didn't realize we bought that much. I think we're pretty set on TP for the next year or so.

by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2020 5:17 AM

r62, grrrrrl, how dirty is your hole?

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2020 6:16 AM

R56 You poop 5 times a day?! Have you talked to your doctor about this? Either you are eating too much food, it's too rich, too greasy, or something is off with your bowels.

by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2020 6:32 AM

I stocked up in March and have really slowly been going through it. Def over bought but for now I'm safe.

by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2020 6:34 AM

I make doo doos about 6 times a day!

by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2020 6:55 AM

R67, not at all dirty because I use fucking toilet paper. If you just go straight into the shower and turn on the jet spray, microscopic pieces of shit are going all over your shower. Even if you just flush with the seat up, shit particles travel like 6 ft.

by Anonymousreply 71November 19, 2020 7:27 AM

Bottled drinking water, both the gallon jugs and packs of 24 half-liters, will be hoarded next. I went to Target last week and got the last 18-pack of Nestle purified water.

It's a hassle for me because water is all I drink. I never see any shortages of soda or beer.

I used to bottle my own water for 39 cents a gallon at those machines in the grocery stores. Now I have to pay over twice that and add more plastic to the landfill. I have well water at home and a Brita filter doesn't cut it with well water.

by Anonymousreply 72November 22, 2020 11:35 AM

Shelf was empty at my store - EXCEPT for Angel Soft. Does everyone hate Angel Soft? What gives?

Also, FUCK these fucking deplorables who think itā€™s all fake and yet they hoard everything they can!

by Anonymousreply 73November 22, 2020 12:47 PM

I can't believe it only took Trump four years to turn the USA into a total shithole country where people are lining up to buy some toilet paper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 22, 2020 1:39 PM

I bought that bamboo stuff that many don't like, it was two eight rolls for the price of one, you all can fight over the last scraps of TP if you want. . .

by Anonymousreply 75November 22, 2020 1:51 PM

Why hoard water? No proof that the virus is spread through water.

by Anonymousreply 76November 22, 2020 4:37 PM

The only reason to hoard water is because other people are hoarding water.

Fortunately, my cityā€™s water is perfectly drinkable straight from the tap.

by Anonymousreply 77November 22, 2020 5:18 PM

Don't these stores have quantity limits on the hoarded items?

by Anonymousreply 78November 22, 2020 5:24 PM

Some do, R78 -- I wish they all did.

by Anonymousreply 79November 22, 2020 6:09 PM

I went to Walmart on Friday. There was a pallet of paper towels in the aisle and customers busted the plastic and boxing to get them. The workers probably just said fuck it, let the customers do the work. There were giant pallets of other merch, presumably for Black Friday, all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 80November 22, 2020 10:58 PM

Typical Walmart from what I hear. Throw some raw meat out in the aisles and watch the rabid animals fight for a piece and trample all over each other in the process.

by Anonymousreply 81November 22, 2020 11:02 PM

[quote]This is a Trumpeter thing. They are or were convinced if Biden wins, headed for a full lock down and shortages. 70 million of them believe this and voted for orange turds and TP.

No. The Trumpeters were saying that Covid was magically going to disappear on November 4th.

by Anonymousreply 82November 22, 2020 11:05 PM

I know there is an attorney or two who post on these boards (or at least claim to be lawyers and sound somewhat knowledgeable.

[quote] There are rumors swirling that we are headed for a 6 week lock down after the inauguration, so I'm not surprised

Does the President have the authority to do this? Iā€™m thinking no, but happy to be proved wrong. All I can think of is declaring martial law, which I canā€™t imagine Biden would be dumb enough to do.

by Anonymousreply 83November 22, 2020 11:10 PM

That said, Kroger and Safeway in Colorado were running thin of TP and canned goods.

CostCo literally had TONS (of their own brand).

by Anonymousreply 84November 22, 2020 11:12 PM

Biden has no authority to order a lockdown - and if he tried, every state in Trumpistan would simply refuse to obey it.

by Anonymousreply 85November 22, 2020 11:14 PM

I plan to share my cat's litter box when there's no more tp.

by Anonymousreply 86November 22, 2020 11:22 PM

I was at Costco last Thursday, no paper towels or toilet paper. Local grocery store has a limit sign. Some Repug woman wrote Letter to The Editor claiming the same people that voted for Biden are hoarding all the paper products. I thought with all the Republican ass kissing going on in Congress, they were at fault. Just imagine kissing that filthy dirty posterior, I would imagine MIss Lindsey would be first, Moscow MItch fighting for second place with turncoat Barr.

by Anonymousreply 87November 22, 2020 11:26 PM

I dont think there will be need for a lockdown with the approval of the treatment for high risk patients and the vaccine coming shortly.

by Anonymousreply 88November 22, 2020 11:31 PM

Good idea, r86.

by Anonymousreply 89November 23, 2020 12:55 AM

I make big doo doos and need the TP to wipe the shit off my ass.

by Anonymousreply 90November 23, 2020 10:02 AM

He could offer funding for states who complied with CDC guidelines R85, which would probably coax a few of the redstates who rely on handouts into falling in line.

by Anonymousreply 91November 23, 2020 10:24 AM

I would hazard a guess, r63, that the larger packs had already been purchased before you got there.

by Anonymousreply 92November 23, 2020 10:37 AM

I bought 80 rolls of toilet tissue, & the equivalent of 37 regular rolls of paper towels last weekend. I do this every six months anyway (though I got more toilet tissue this time). My roommate and I refill from our own stock as needed, so we're sharing, & that should last for a while. I also bought three gallons of concentrated Clorox in September, & haven't cracked any of them yet.

My mother always preached the importance of having backstock on hand. That's one lesson I learned the first time.

by Anonymousreply 93November 23, 2020 10:49 AM

Me too, R93 -- and I only buy stuff when it's on sale. Though I've had to relax those rules during the shortages this year, I'll resume full time bargain binging ASAP. Imagine how smug I felt when the toilet paper crisis first loomed -- I had so many 24 packs (2 ply, embossed, strong) I had bought for $5 each months before that I was able to share with destitute friends (no, I did not sell it at inflated prices, I gave it to them).

by Anonymousreply 94November 23, 2020 12:06 PM

I have about 144 rolls of tp in my basement and about 60 rolls of paper towels and 10 large canisters of disinfecting wipes. F you all! Oh and 4 almost gallons (121 oz) of concentrated bleach. Ha ha assholes!

by Anonymousreply 95November 23, 2020 12:31 PM

I'm sure I'm just a dirty whore, but I have a gallon of Clorox bleach that has lasted me over a decade. I don't have that many whites to wash and I have other cleaning and disinfectant sprays I use to clean household surfaces. What in the hell are people doing with gallons and gallons of bleach?

by Anonymousreply 96November 23, 2020 1:30 PM

[quote]What in the hell are people doing with gallons and gallons of bleach?

Injecting it.

by Anonymousreply 97November 23, 2020 1:34 PM

If you can bear to use paper products made for public bathrooms and can afford to buy it by the case, there's still tons of it you can order online at Home Depot.

by Anonymousreply 98November 23, 2020 1:42 PM

R95 = still living in Mamaā€™s basement and keeping an eye on his stuff so no one else in the fam steals it.

by Anonymousreply 99November 23, 2020 2:25 PM

I somehow can understand the absence of toilet paper, with so many Republicans kissing Trump's filthy ass.

by Anonymousreply 100December 9, 2020 7:33 PM

I only buy toilet tissue, paper towels, & trash bags every six months. As it turned out, I'd JUST purchased before everything got crazy in March/April, and I just purchased again two weeks ago. I feel like the dragon atop the Golden hoard! Except that I'm not a hoarder.

by Anonymousreply 101December 9, 2020 7:50 PM

R101 Here. I didn't realize I'd already posted R93. Pardon moi.

Anyway, that's such a fabulous feeling, isn't it R94?

by Anonymousreply 102December 9, 2020 7:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!