Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I prefer the early dark of winter, sundown at 5pm.

Dawn at 6am, dusk at 4pm.

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2020 12:05 AM

I don't prefer it, but there is a lot to like about the change of seasons: lighting the wood stove, eating heartier stews, lighting candles, the crisp fall air. It's also fun to sit down with a cocktail at 5 or 5.30 with the sky darkening and laugh at y'all bitches' shade.

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2020 10:25 AM

You do just throw convention to the wind, don't you OP

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Do you also eat your dinner at 4 pm OP?

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2020 10:28 AM

Well okay Nosferatu.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2020 10:29 AM

I like long days but R1 has a positive, poetic description of the shorter. A glass half full person and probably good to be around.

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2020 10:32 AM

[quote]I like long days but [R1] has a positive, poetic description of the shorter.

He's divine.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2020 10:41 AM

^ for you two

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2020 10:48 AM

I don't mind it as long as there is snow to lighten up the darkness. Unfortunately it doesn't snow anymore here where I live, which is south-eastern Norway. It just rains all the time. It's very gloomy and depressing and sad. I miss the snow. But this is the new normal. It's global warming. Soon only northern Norway and the mountains will have snow.

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2020 10:51 AM

[quote]here where I live, which is south-eastern Norway.

This now an official weather thread.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2020 10:55 AM

R1 describes my intent much better than I did as OP.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2020 11:11 AM

[quote][R1] describes my intent much better than I did as OP.

He's absolutely marvelous!

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2020 11:12 AM

I'm guessing by now you've all received your invitations to R1's hyggekrog party tomorrow night?

You [italic]were[/italic] invited, weren't you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2020 11:25 AM

[quote] eating heartier stews,

I love when DLers post ad copy

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2020 4:22 PM

^^ ad copy? I don't get it....

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2020 4:29 PM

I live in Chicago, have for much of my life, and I can’t take the gray skies anymore, I have chronic depression. But OP, for those not struggling with depression, I think your embracing of the seasons is beautiful, because the changing is wonderful and should be savored.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2020 4:48 PM

I love the change of seasons, but wood stoves and wood fires are out. I smelled too much smoke this summer to ever enjoy again dousing myself with particulates and benzene.

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2020 4:53 PM

[quote]I like long days but [R1] has a positive, poetic description of the shorter. A glass half full person and probably good to be around.

Can't be that nice -- I have her ass blocked.

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2020 5:09 PM

Have you noticed how some of the more unpleasant posters sign with some unfunny pseudonym? I'm seeing a definite decline in WW on this site. Trump fatigue drive away all the best posters? I used to laugh a lot, but no more.

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2020 5:13 PM

I like winter in the mountains where sunny days are common, but city life in winter is dreary and dark.

by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2020 5:28 PM

I like the dark sky in the morning, but don’t like the afternoon dusk and darkness.

by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2020 5:35 PM

R18, in their defense, we are living through a pandemic and a constitutional crisis. But yes, I miss the warmer, fuzzier DL. I think it will come back, it goes through cycles, and every election year is like this here, though this is the worst year for sure

by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2020 5:38 PM

Pennsylvania guy here. I like the change. I don't mind it being dark at 5:00. It makes me feel like it's okay to just chill in our cozy house rather than feel like I have to be out "doing" something.

by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2020 5:45 PM

Who the hell is "out" doing anything during a pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2020 7:27 PM

R23 Raking leaves, taking a walk, grocery shopping (w/mask)...I'm out for a few hours every day. Maybe you should consider getting out a bit.

by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2020 7:48 PM

So am I to take it that you fat whores' favorite time of day is night?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 13, 2020 7:55 PM

It's mug cradling season folks!

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2020 4:29 PM

[quote] I don't mind it as long as there is snow to lighten up the darkness.

Oh, I see. You’re just plumb crazy.

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2020 4:35 PM

I agree with OP. There is something relaxing about being able to turn off the world at 5 and relax, as I am doing, with soft jazz, a good book and/or DL.

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2020 12:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!