Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Georgia To Recount All Votes in Presidential Race By Hand

They should count the Purdue race while they're at it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2020 8:00 PM

We deserve a “free and fair” election! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2020 4:23 PM

It's going to be HILARIOUS if they find more votes for Biden after the count.

by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2020 4:23 PM

R2 would be great if the fraud came from the Trump voters and margin Biden won was even larger!

by Anonymousreply 3November 11, 2020 4:26 PM

That's exactly what is going to happen. This will lead to a higher count for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 4November 11, 2020 4:27 PM

How long is a hand count going to take, and why is it necessary to do it that way? This could drag on for weeks. What's the agenda here by the Repubs.

by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2020 4:28 PM

And what about the senate seats? Is there still a chance GA could give us back the senate?

by Anonymousreply 6November 11, 2020 4:29 PM

The agenda is to give trump enough time to "hide" all his tax fraud before he leaves office.

by Anonymousreply 7November 11, 2020 4:32 PM

So go ahead, no worries.

by Anonymousreply 8November 11, 2020 4:35 PM

It doesn't matter what happens in Georgia. Trump can't win without PA. And nothing is going to change the PA results.

It's better not to recount the Senate races. The last thing you would want is for Perdue to increase from 49.7% to 50%. At least now there will be a runoff with just two candidates.

by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2020 4:35 PM

[quote]How long is a hand count going to take, and why is it necessary to do it that way?

I read they think it will take about a week. The certification date is Nov 20.

by Anonymousreply 10November 11, 2020 4:40 PM

Oh good, because I haven't heard enough about "hanging chads" for one lifetime already

by Anonymousreply 11November 11, 2020 4:41 PM

Biden is up by 14k votes, recounts won't matter. This is just a giant waste of tax paper funds.

Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 12November 11, 2020 4:41 PM

This is also an insult to all the counters the poll workers who risked their lives during a damned pandemic so they could sit there for 12 hours or more counting ballots all day and all night. Oh. And I see they aren't counting the Senate race because OMG they might find more votes for Ossoff and Warnock. A winner could be declared and a runoff avoided. Fuckers. I actually feel sorry for Rasperger because he seems like a decent, old school Republican.

by Anonymousreply 13November 11, 2020 4:44 PM

So that dumbass GA Republican SoS gave into pressure?

by Anonymousreply 14November 11, 2020 4:53 PM

My understanding, R14, is that it is an automatic recount if the difference is less than 0.5%. Perhaps I am wrong.

by Anonymousreply 15November 11, 2020 4:57 PM

It was already headed for a recount, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 16November 11, 2020 5:00 PM

0.5 margin is automatic recount if one side requests it in GA. Since Trump did just that days ago, this was going to happen. Nothing new and nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 17November 11, 2020 5:03 PM

[quote]it is an automatic recount if the difference is less than 0.5%. Perhaps I am wrong.

Not automatic, but it can be requested in that situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 11, 2020 5:03 PM

R11: NO ONE uses punch cards, anymore. You will here about bubbles being filled in all the way or marks outside the bubble or an X in the bubble being counted as opposed to shading in the bubble. It's all bubbles now with those scan-tron ballots.

by Anonymousreply 19November 11, 2020 5:04 PM

It was always going to recount, and Georgia will have no impact on the math. If the results stand, Trump will have no choice but to get his shit prepared to move to Mar-a-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 20November 11, 2020 5:09 PM

The thing is, they should have a scanable sheet of paper for each voter that can be run through their scan machines. Why bother with a manual recount? Save the results from the election (which should have already been done), clear the memory, run some tests to make sure software is functioning as advertised and rescan. See how close it is to your original count. That would take a day. You could dispatch people to help out the counties who are more challenged with the technology.

I live in GA, so I guess we will just do us. Like usual.

by Anonymousreply 21November 11, 2020 5:12 PM

Posted today on my local news chat room.

From a Kimber74*

[quote]Trump will win Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Arizona! Second term is imminent! December 14th!!!

[quote]Everyone needs to screen shot these users who respond to my fact statement! Be sure they all know the conspiracy kimber74 was absolutely right the whole time. See how it works... If they don’t understand the facts.. They throw the conspiracy word out there!! I find these bone heads sadly comical!

She's hysterically funny and I'm almost convinced she's doing a parody of a Russian troll farm worker.

by Anonymousreply 22November 11, 2020 7:05 PM

Can they go back and count all the votes from the 2018 Georgia governor's race, while they're at it?

by Anonymousreply 23November 11, 2020 7:45 PM

I voted here in Chatham County (Savannah). I made all my selections on a screen then I hit "print" and took that printout to a scanner of some sort. The paper was fed in and stayed inside. I'm assuming all those printouts were saved and that's what will be recounted by hand. So there's no chance of hanging chads or improperly filled in bubbles. All the computer printouts should be uniform. But I have no idea about the mail-in ballots.

by Anonymousreply 24November 11, 2020 8:27 PM

[Quote] What's the agenda here by the Repubs.

You answered your own question.

[Quote] This could drag on for weeks.

The deadline for electors to be sent to the electoral college is December 8th. The plan, as was outlined by Barton Gellman in the Atlantic, is to make it so that no [italic] definitive [/italic] winner is determined so that the legislature can send a rival slate of electors to congress to vote for Trump, throwing the whole count into chaos. The coup attempt is happening right before our very eyes and Biden's team hasn't even so much as responded to it, despite multiple advisors and politicians sounding the alarms. This is not going to end well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 11, 2020 8:33 PM

I don’t put it past Rethugs to pull some funny shit with the manual recount. If they can’t win, they cheat.

by Anonymousreply 26November 11, 2020 8:35 PM

R25 - you have no idea what you are talking about. Go back and reread the article. This election was nowhere near close enough for that scenario to play out. The article was written before the election.

by Anonymousreply 27November 11, 2020 8:49 PM

Loeffler is a FUCKING LYING CUNT. IM ABOUT TO END A 40 YEAR FRIENDSHIP OVER THIS BITCH .

by Anonymousreply 28November 11, 2020 9:11 PM

Do they really think we're just going to set by while our votes are stolen? Time to act.

by Anonymousreply 29November 11, 2020 9:17 PM

R25, fuck you, Boris!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 30November 11, 2020 9:17 PM

How much will the taxpayers of Georgia pay to give this big blowjob to Donald Trump?

by Anonymousreply 31November 11, 2020 9:19 PM

Sherman is about to make another Visit to Georgia .

by Anonymousreply 32November 11, 2020 10:34 PM

This is basically “oh shit, how’d we let so many black people in Atlanta vote?”

by Anonymousreply 33November 11, 2020 10:36 PM

ANOTHER hand job?! Geez!

by Anonymousreply 34November 11, 2020 10:37 PM

R33 Those damn blacks!

by Anonymousreply 35November 11, 2020 11:14 PM

Dem presidential vote margin surge '16-'20, by GA county:

1. Fulton +64,636 2. Gwinnett +56,250 3. DeKalb +49,869 4. Cobb +49,178 5. Henry +20,756 6. Clayton +14,088 7. Douglas +11,142 8. Rockdale +8,455 9. Chatham +8,415

GA's other 150 counties: -57,256

by Anonymousreply 36November 15, 2020 2:35 PM

Apparently they’re just counting the ballots, not tallying the specific votes.

“For the hand recount, election officers will work with the paper ballots in batches, dividing them into piles for each candidate. Then they will run the piles through machines to count the number of ballots for each candidate. The scanners will not read the data on the ballots, simply count them.

“Raffensperger said the process will have “plenty of oversight,” with both parties having the opportunity to observe.

“After results from the hand recount are certified, the losing campaign can then request another recount, which will be performed by scanners that would read and tally the votes, Raffensperger said.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 15, 2020 2:44 PM

R37 - so we just have to trust that the machines aren't tampered with, right? Then it is NOT a hand count. It's a machine count open to manipulation.

by Anonymousreply 38November 15, 2020 2:48 PM

They should be finished with the recount today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 15, 2020 2:51 PM

Fulton County finished counting votes for presidential recount; other counties closing in with recount.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 15, 2020 8:24 PM

Waste of time and money. Even if Trump won Georgia, Biden wins election. Even if Biden also lost Pennsylvania, he’d still win. Trump is a loser with no way to pick up the electoral votes he needs.

Trump should pay Georgia for this stupid recount.

by Anonymousreply 41November 15, 2020 8:35 PM

Yeah right, R41. Georgia should send me a bill. He'll get right on it, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2020 3:40 PM

Georgia Republicans Brawl Amid Recount, Secretary of State Takes Aim at ‘Liar,’ ‘Failed Candidate’ Doug Collins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 16, 2020 4:22 PM

There will be 1,000s of missing paper Trump ballots- because they were fakes from hackers. Notice how quiet the Trump camp is right now, like 'oh shit'?

by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2020 4:39 PM

There is an intra-Republican war going on right now - conventional mainstream Republicans want Trump to lose, but the Trump faction is pushing for recounts.

by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2020 7:25 PM

Well, SHIT HIT THE FAN IN GEORGIA!!!! Bring it on!!!!!

BREAKING: Georgia’s Republican Secretary of State Claims Lindsey Graham Proposed He Exclude Legal Ballots

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2020 11:01 PM

I despise Doug Collins. He looks like he comes right out of the Republican operative factory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2020 11:30 PM

Doug Collins falls under the ‘clinically insane’ type of Republican.

His campaign website theme was all about ‘The dead babies!!! We must stop the baby killing!!’ Complete lunatic. It would be funny if it weren’t so scary.

by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2020 11:49 PM

[quote] Georgia Republicans Brawl Amid Recount, Secretary of State Takes Aim at ‘Liar,’ ‘Failed Candidate’ Doug Collins.

It’s becoming clear that the secretary of state is literally a RINO.

by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2020 11:58 PM

I'm getting tired of this fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 50November 17, 2020 12:06 AM

The Secretary of State is getting death threats from the deplorables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 17, 2020 12:09 AM

R49, if by that you mean he has integrity, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 52November 17, 2020 12:11 AM

They found ballots that weren’t counted in one county

by Anonymousreply 53November 17, 2020 12:15 AM

"Georgia recount unearths more than 2,600 uncounted ballots in Floyd County."

Gabriel Sterling of the Secretary of State’s office told WSB-TV that the newly discovered ballots will hand Trump an additional 800 votes – which still leaves Biden in the lead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 17, 2020 12:24 AM

So that additional 800 for Trump out of 2600 would mean an additional 1800 for Biden, yes?

by Anonymousreply 55November 17, 2020 12:34 AM

I think Lindsey really stepped in it this time. He sounds pretty defensive about it too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 17, 2020 12:36 AM

Deplorable is so 2106.

Ungovernable is the new orange.

by Anonymousreply 57November 17, 2020 12:36 AM

Lindsey is going to get clobbered with this. There will be an investigation. Oh let it be so. La Senatrice in the mud.

by Anonymousreply 58November 17, 2020 1:08 AM

Impeach Miss Lindz

by Anonymousreply 59November 17, 2020 1:10 AM

Georgia's Secretary of State came to play, baby! He has taped the conversation with Graham and he has witnessed to it as well.

by Anonymousreply 60November 17, 2020 7:29 PM

Of all the things that have Lindsey on tape, I’m sure the Senatrice is least frightened about the Secretary of State of Georgia. Whatever Donald has on him is way worse....

by Anonymousreply 61November 17, 2020 7:54 PM

Tampering with votes is a felony. He's in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 62November 18, 2020 6:24 PM

[quote]Georgia's Secretary of State came to play, baby! He has taped the conversation with Graham and he has witnessed to it as well.

It was taped?!? Was this in the WaPo article? I can't read it.

by Anonymousreply 63November 18, 2020 6:28 PM

Mutually.

Assured.

Destruction.

Yeah, that’s a functional form of government. Mordor on the Potomac is rotten to the core.

by Anonymousreply 64November 18, 2020 11:42 PM

R63, I did not see this in the article. Apparently there were two phone calls; the Georgia Secretary of State was sufficiently disconcerted by the first call that he had a witness come in to listen to the second one.

by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2020 1:24 AM

Miss Lindsay is a goner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2020 1:35 AM

Graham isn’t going anywhere. However, the Georgia secretary of state’s time in politics is over when his term ends, or at least his time as a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2020 4:34 PM

With an official ethics complaint comes an investigation. I suspect that an investigation is THE LAST THING Lindseybelle wants. Time will tell about what that investigation reveals. It could end in dismissal of the complaint, or some vaguely toothless discipline for Lindseybelle. Or he could get his ass run out of town on a rail.

It's too early to know for sure what will happen. But it sure will be fun to watch!!!

by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2020 4:57 PM

Hand recount COMPLETE and confirms Biden’s lead in Georgia, according to secretary of state

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2020 11:47 PM

Biden wins... again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2020 11:47 PM

Just leaving this here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2020 3:49 AM

R67, you're wrong. I live in Georgia and many people are totally disgusted with the weak asshole we have as governor. He had his nose up Trump's ass and fucked up Corona big time. The Mayor of Atlanta made him look SO bad even the racists are fed up. OTOH, our Secretary of State and the people working under him, are old time Republicans. They're Conservative. They are also ethical. They have some integrity. In fact, I think our Secretary of State may, in fact, be the future of the Republican Party here. Georgians are proud people. They don't like to be portrayed as ignorant stereotypical Southerners. Most racists are passive aggressive. They will be polite while they cut your throat. They abhor violence, and embrace decency. They take pride in the CDC, in our university systems, Especially UG-A and Georgia Tech. They are proud of CNN because it is right here. Georgia has emerged as part of the "new South" and they see our governor as regressive and slimy...as well as incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2020 1:46 PM

[quote] Tampering with votes is a felony. He's in trouble.

Tampering with underage boys is also a felony. He is in BIG trouble.

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2020 2:02 PM

[quote]They don't like to be portrayed as ignorant stereotypical Southerners

Then quit proving it by requiring absolutely no standards when it comes to white candidates. You have Loeffler and Perdue who both profited off of this pandemic via insider trading and they will STILL get the majority of white votes. So these two -rather than put the people of GA first- saw a way to profit off of illness and death of their constituents among others and southern white will once again and overwhelmingly show us what a pox they are on this country with their vote. But at least they're not a black minister or a young Jewish guy, right?

White Southerners are still overwhelmingly shits, that's why AL now has a moron for Senator. That's why SC allowed evil, lying, treasonous, anti-democratic scum back, that's why KY allowed their demon back, that's why a vile witch like Blackburn is in TN. List goes on and on of all of the vile senators representing that region all thanks to white Southerners with no decency who still can't accept they lost the damned war and that other races are not subhuman and they are not in any way superior.

by Anonymousreply 74November 20, 2020 2:22 PM

So essentially Trump lost Georgia TWICE!

by Anonymousreply 75November 20, 2020 2:25 PM

Apparently two days after the Georgia vote is certified Trump can ask for one last recount, done by machine.

I'm sure he'll take advantage of that. Ughhh.

by Anonymousreply 76November 20, 2020 4:50 PM

[quote]I'm sure he'll take advantage of that. Ughhh.

Then he can lose three times. So be it.

by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2020 4:51 PM

Well, as I understand it, the Governor of Georgia, a slimy Trump asslicker named Brian Kemp who has absolutely no spine, he is a coward and not real bright, he has until Saturday Night, November 21st to sign off so the Certification by the SoS is done, but the Governor has to sign off too. Now he is entirely in Kelly Loeffler's pockets and he has been cowering in a corner on the sidelines since all t his recount shit started. There is a strong corporate presence in Georgia. I am hoping those people will lean hard on the little bastard and force him to do the right thing. He would really fuck up if he were to agree that there was fraud or corruption in Georgia's process. he is the guy who was Secretary of State when he ran for governor and stole the election from Stacey Abrams. He comes up for re-election in 2022. IMO he is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 78November 20, 2020 9:25 PM

Yes, Kemp and Raffensperger are both fucked. There’s not much they could do to make amends with Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 79November 20, 2020 10:16 PM

Kemp and Raffensperger are both against this move.

There is a Civil War going on in the republican party right now, and mainstream Republicans want to concede. Most of them are happy Trump lost. They want to focus on 2022 and 2024 and on winning those future elections.

by Anonymousreply 80November 20, 2020 10:21 PM

The BBC is really enjoying Plump squirming in defeat. Can’t say I blame them!

Nice picture of his plump pear shape in the article as well!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 20, 2020 10:22 PM

R81 The Presidential schedule in the linked article left me gobsmacked.

by Anonymousreply 82November 20, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote] There is a Civil War going on in the republican party right now, and mainstream Republicans want to concede.

Not sure in what way you intended by referring to them as “mainstream”. It’s not the mainstream position in the GOP and the people calling for him to concede are not in the mainstream of the GOP. Did you mean moderate?

by Anonymousreply 83November 20, 2020 10:32 PM

November 21: PRESIDENT masturbates, watches professional wrestling

by Anonymousreply 84November 20, 2020 10:33 PM

Mainstream republicans are nut jobs. It’s the so-called RINOs who want to live in the semi-real world.

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2020 10:34 PM

I wonder how he’s feeling now that he can’t hold his Kmart Nuremberg rallies anymore.

He isn’t getting the adoration. No one to hoodwink. Orange man SAD.

by Anonymousreply 86November 20, 2020 11:25 PM

Oops. Someone forgot how to Shepardize cases.

[quote]This, from the Georgia federal district court order denying the request for a TRO in Lin Wood's election lawsuit, is not something any lawyer wants to see in a court order.

[quote]Finally, the Court notes the futility of Wood’s standing argument is particularly evident in that his sole relied-on authority—Meek v. Metropolitan Dade County, Florida, 985 F.2d 1471 (11th Cir. 1993)—is no longer good law. The Eleventh Circuit expressly abrogated its holding in that case over thirteen years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2020 12:37 AM

Trump is summoning PA's Republican state legislators to the Oval on Monday. When he was asked about it, Lt. Gov. Fetterman said, "So what? It's over. He lost. They can't do anything."

by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2020 4:31 AM

Baby I just want to get to December 15th. The Electoral College votes and it is OVER.

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2020 4:31 AM

December 14.

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2020 5:31 AM

[quote] Baby I just want to get to December 15th. The Electoral College votes and it is OVER.

Unless Biden dies before the vote.

by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2020 6:42 AM

Hypothetically speaking, even if Trump convinced the Pennsylvania state legislature to flip his way, it will all be for nothing. In laying out a path to 270, Guiliani's math was dependent on Georgia and Michigan. Georgia's votes were certified by Governor Kemp yesterday, and Michigan is opting not to play ball. It's over.

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2020 8:01 AM

^ Yes, with wins in GA and Arizona he doesn't even need PA

by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2020 5:42 PM

Jeez, r91, quit inventing things to worry about. We have enough trouble already.

by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2020 6:21 PM

Biden is 78. It’s within the realm of possibility.

by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2020 6:29 PM

President-Elect Biden's father died at 87, and his mother died at 93. Sorry, but you'll have to find something else to worry about, R91.

by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2020 8:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!