Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I bought magic mushroom spores on Etsy to attempt to grow them in my house.

They seem to be complicated to grow, which surprises me.

by Anonymousreply 10913 hours ago

OP, if it were easy, half the population would be shrooming right now. Some mushrooms are notoriously difficult to cultivate (think truffles or morels). Please keep us posted!!!

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2020

I remember seeing a how-to in the early days of the WWW (1996 or so). This was how they did it:

About a cup of cooked brown rice in quart canning jars. Jars had canning lids, but lids had small holes punctured and covered both sides with duct tape. A few jars were made because it doesn't always work.

The assembled jars, lids, rice were boiled to sterilize contents (don't remember time needed). When cooled, spores were mixed with distilled water and injected through the duct tape into the jars. Then they were kept dark and cool and you crossed your fingers.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2020

Have you ever done shrooms, OP?

(I have not and am curious.)

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2020

I have not, r3. I am only trying it because there has been so much evidence of microdosing helping with anxiety and depression. It is legal to possess in my state, but not legal to sell, so I have to grow my own if I want to try it out.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2020

Please let us know how it works out, r4.

Good luck!!

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2020

Keep a sterile environment is the hardest part. Lots of good information on YouTube but I recommend studying up on sterile lab practices because the biggest problem you’ll have is your mycelium being killed by molds and other opportunistic fungi.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2020

Shrooms are great. I have shared this before. I did a lot of psychedelics in and after college. An older friend of mine would take me to grab cow turd shrooms off local farms. To cover ourselves, he would throw his dog over the fence, and she would just take off away from the fence. That way if the farmer or his people caught us, we could say we were looking for the dog who would inevitably show up.

I took WAY too many one night and felt like I was underwater. It was the closest I ever came to a bad trip, but I looked at the guys I was with and said "I am just going to have to stay in this chair for a while". They got it and left me alone. I came down some a few hours later and met them at the after 2am bar.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2020

I'm a huge mycology nut and have been growing my own for over a decade. There are several easy ways to do it (look up the Uncle Ben method) and very temperamental ways to go about it. YouTube is a goldmine.

Which spores did you buy, OP?

I've been microdosing for the past seven years or so and it's been transformative. I've turned dozens of other people onto it as well. Even work with Paul Stamets quite often. Ask away.

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2020

I bought lions mane, r8. I have no idea what it is. I also bought a kit consisting of “A one-pound bag of hydrated and sterilized organic rye berries to make your spawn with and a one-pound bag of our horse manure based mushroom substrate to use as your bulk substrate.” I am completely clueless, so I would love your help once my items arrive.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2020

Lions Mane are not quite magic mushrooms, they dont contain psilocybin. The most widely available and easy to grow psychedelic mushrooms are of the cubensis variety. You can go to mushrooms dot com and find plenty of those there available by spore print or syringe.

Most beginners use a syringe which is a live culture, and the easiest way to grow is the "Brown Rice Flour Tech". Shroomery.org has all the info and tutorials you could ever need.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2020

I, too, want to hear more about this and how it goes for you, OP. 😊

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2020

R10, I just looked at the site and want to order some spores. Just wondering, have you tried the B+ cubensis strain from there, and can they be dried once grown and harvested. Very curious to try this!

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2020

Wow, this is fascinating stuff.

Someone gave me a mushroom-growing kit with a jar and a weird lid and a tiny mist sprayer. Never used it.

My dad used to pick mushrooms in our local park. He was from rural Europe where it’s something you do.

Anyway, looking forward to OP and mushie’s posts. And others.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2020

I mushroom hunt in the PNW, Fall is my favorite. I hunt chanterelles, lions mane, porcinis, cauliflower, bears head and hedge hogs. We have psycociblin (magic) mushrooms out here too. I'm starting to zero in on where they grow and have made it a goal to find them. They are in season now.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2020

R12 Yes, I have grown the B+ before, it's a good choice for a beginner because it's known for being vigorous and high yielding. Most people dry the mushrooms afterwards before consuming because you can judge dosage more accurately by dry gram weight.

Storing them in a glass jar away from sunlight (once dried) is ideal. You can also grind them up in a coffee grinder and use a press to make capsules.

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2020

Thank you, R15! Decision made, I’m going to try this!

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2020

R14, in PNW here, too. I brought in two pounds of chantys two weeks ago.

You've found Lion's Mane? Whereabout are you? I'm in Puget Sound area.

by Anonymousreply 1711/10/2020

Microdosing psilocybin has done for me in year than 30 years of therapy and antidepressants ever did.

I'm currently getting certifications to administer in OR.

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2020

How many cows did you have to trade?

by Anonymousreply 1911/10/2020

Can you order them already grown? Stupid question, but had to ask.

by Anonymousreply 2011/10/2020

And how can you tell on mushroom.com which ones contain psylocybina?

by Anonymousreply 2111/10/2020

Look under medicinal, R21. Also, a helpful poster above said the cubansis strains are the ones to look for. R20, it’s illegal to sell the mushrooms but not the spores, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 2211/11/2020

r17, I'm in Portland but my favorite area to mushroom hunt is in the Mt. Adams area. I'm heading out today to see if I can find some hedgehogs.

I found a chanterelle this year that weighed more than 3/4 of a pound.

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2020

I sent cash out to mushrooms.com on Monday and my order was shipped today. I’m excited!

by Anonymousreply 2411/13/2020

I love shrooms, though I haven't tried the micro dosing trend. I've had so many great shrooms trips and only one bad one.

by Anonymousreply 2511/13/2020

Wait! Can someone direct me to docs that outline the dosing if one is treating anxiety/depression. I’m 48, and have struggled my entire life with chronic depression. When I was young, I partied and did it all, but this would be for mental health and healing. I would really like the details on what research is showing with specifics on frequency and dosing. How often do you take it for anxiety/depression? I know it can vary by individual.

by Anonymousreply 2611/13/2020

R8/Mushie....I forgot to ask too, what is the best method for drying them out? Do you know the amount that would get one labeled as a dealer vs personal use so I don’t put myself at huge risk?

by Anonymousreply 2711/13/2020

Ok y’all, I just purchased two different varieties, including the B+. I paid a little extra for the warmer....

by Anonymousreply 2811/13/2020

My doc said many people need to do shrooms, she knows I'm a nutty so maybe that's a hint, and also said just a tiny bit of LSD does wonders, she's from India and pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 2911/13/2020

I want to microdose with LSD so badly. Wish I could figure out a reputable provider here in MA. Any thoughts, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 3011/13/2020

I’d like to import some spores but Australian customs is the fucking Gestapo

by Anonymousreply 3111/13/2020

Microdosing fan here -- I think they're brilliant, however I had been using truffles not shrooms. Yes, they helped my anxiety and depression. Tried growing shrooms. Not successful but will try again.

by Anonymousreply 3211/13/2020

I bought spores of the B+ too and plan to grow them in my closet.

To the poster up thread, I found directions for the Uncle Ben method 😂 that mentioned drying them in a food dehydrator. I think you can also get racks to do this in a regular oven.

by Anonymousreply 3311/14/2020

Do shrooms work as well for sex as LSD does?

by Anonymousreply 3411/14/2020

I tried them in Amsterdam and saw my skull under my skin when I looked in the bathroom mirror.

by Anonymousreply 3511/14/2020

R32, but what dose are you doing and how often? How do you know when you need it again?

by Anonymousreply 3611/14/2020

Do you need a warmer to grow them?

by Anonymousreply 3711/14/2020

I want to see The Machine Elves!

by Anonymousreply 3811/14/2020

R34, I had a boyfriend who really like to fuck on shrooms. If acid makes you horny, I guess shrooms would, too. For me, the last thing on my mind when I’m tripping is getting laid.

by Anonymousreply 3911/14/2020

How do you know if your spores have gotten infected with bad mold or whatever?

by Anonymousreply 4011/14/2020

Omg, I need Mushie to explain best technique after the Uncle Ben step!!!! MUSHIE?!?! MUSHIE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4111/14/2020

I've never heard of microdosing before. Must investigate! It sounds almost too good to be true.

by Anonymousreply 4211/14/2020

Thanks OP and others. I'm going to try this too.

In a related subject for those who don't know, growing weed is easier than ever. LED lights are low cost/low heat and seeds now come in an "autoflower" variety, guaranteed to flower after about 6 weeks. you don't need to control the lighting like the olden days and there's 100 youtube videos for every question you have. Cropkings has lots of good info.

by Anonymousreply 4311/14/2020

Cow shit, OP. They thrive on cow shit. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 4411/14/2020

How about chicken shit? My neighbors have a coop.

by Anonymousreply 4511/14/2020

Chicken shit is WAY too acidic, [R45]. All bird shit is.

by Anonymousreply 4611/14/2020

Where are we supposed to get cow shit in a city? My choices are cat, dog, or human.

by Anonymousreply 4711/14/2020

Do they breed miniature cows?

by Anonymousreply 4811/14/2020

Seriously, cow shit. AND you cannot wash them off at harvest, otherwise you'd also wash away the active ingredient! I was told this back in the early 1990s by a campus deadhead.

- R44

by Anonymousreply 4911/14/2020

Is this fresh cow shit, warm from the cow? Dried cow shit, seasoning in the fields for a few weeks? Composted cow manure, purchased at a garden supply store? The details matter.

by Anonymousreply 5011/14/2020

Yes, r50. I have a bag of "steer manure" the garden guys used to replant a grass area my yard where doggie had dug up.

by Anonymousreply 5111/14/2020

Ok, I live in Colorado. My spores should be here later in the week. I will just visit a marijuana grow store. They can hook me up with whatever I need, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 5211/14/2020

R27, happy to help. You want to dry your mushrooms as soon as they’re harvested—and you need to do it quickly. To preserve the aesthetics and potency (they are 90% water and will lose their structure and decompose quickly if not preserved).

But before you get them into a dehydrator (I use a horizontal), the first step of the drying process is to clean the bottoms of the stems by cutting off the area upon which there is still some substrate. The substrate is the layer of material used as the base for the mycelium to grow. Although it played a critical role in the growing process, it’s no longer useful to the end-goal: getting your shrooms dried out and ready for consumption.

Back to the dehydrator: place the biggest shrooms on the top shelf, and smallest on the bottom. Go at about 120 degrees for two hours.

You will know if they are done by checking whether they’re “cracker” dry. In other words, you should be able to easily snap the stem.

If you don't have access to a dehydrator, there are other methods, but this is by far the most efficient.

by Anonymousreply 5311/15/2020

Sorry, all, I went out camping on the peninsula shroom-hunting for awhile and wasn't online.

Happy to answer any/all cubensi questions!

by Anonymousreply 5411/15/2020

Mushie, can you share the basics on micro-dosing please??

I went on Amazon and got the Uncle Ben’s brown rice bags. Once the spores take off in the bag (about a week???), then what’s the next phase called and what is the easiest way to do it?? Thank you so much, I’m really psyched to try this.

by Anonymousreply 5511/15/2020

I just set up my bags! Wondering, Mushie, what your thoughts are on using a heat mat. The one I have raises the temperature between 10-20 degrees above the ambient temperature, which in my closet is probably close to 70 degrees. Do you think that’s too hot?

by Anonymousreply 5611/16/2020

In Central Florida we go hunting in a cow pasture after a good rain. Sometimes we dry 'em. Sometimes we eat 'em fresh.

by Anonymousreply 5711/16/2020

No one who is serious about growing should expect answers here. There is a board called shroomery.org that has tutorials for every level and the host of this board might not be cool with the the step by step for manufacturing drugs, but I dont know.

Spores in a bag of rice and wait a week? No. This is way different than growing weed. If you have a field you can pick them wild that is great but production is quite a process.

by Anonymousreply 5811/17/2020

Why don't you just trot your horse down to Ye Olde House of Bovine Dung and pick some up, OP?

by Anonymousreply 5911/17/2020

Do magic mushrooms show up on drug tests?

by Anonymousreply 6011/17/2020

They will if it is in a drug panel test i.e. if they are looking for it. My experience is that this is rarely tested for at least in the court system.

by Anonymousreply 6111/17/2020

R58, different states have different laws, so no, Muriel doesn’t give a shit. No one moderates here anymore.

Shroomery is too complicated, I have no desire to wade through all that shit. We aren’t talking fentanyl or ketamine, they’re fucking mushrooms.

by Anonymousreply 6211/17/2020

To the Uncle Ben poster: this is a great way for a first-time grower to get started. Just know it takes a lot of patience and love but if you have the inclination to get from innoculation to cultivation using this method, you can easily move up to larger yields. If you know how to sail a little sunfish, you know how to sail a schooner.

I started typing out all the necessary steps, but there are so many resources out there. I found this Medium article to get right to the Uncle Ben method without too many/too few steps. Read this over, and let me know if you have questions from there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6311/17/2020

Thank you r63!!!

by Anonymousreply 6411/17/2020

R56, what is your grow setup and in which region are you? I'm in the PNW so need just a little bit of heat (the key is more in the consistency of the heat, as long as you're 70-80 degrees, you'll have a hospitable habitat). Yes, a heat pad will do just fine, just check the temp daily to be sure it's holding steady. A small heat/grow light does the trick, too, just be sure the light is evenly dispersed and you're avoiding direct light onto the spores.

The white, fluffy-looking mycelium should start to appear between seven and 14 days, spreading outward from the inoculation sites. Hold steady from there and you should have some pins and caps soon enough!

by Anonymousreply 6511/17/2020

Happy to help, R63. I think the biggest lesson I've seen from first-times is just neglect. You can't miss a step especially during fruiting. It's a careful balance between taking good care of them and futzing with them too much, which introduces contaminates.

Slow and steady.

by Anonymousreply 6611/17/2020

Meant to say, this has been Mushie on the last few answers. I'm not good about getting online but will do better as a couple of you are just getting started and I'd love to hear how it goes!

by Anonymousreply 6711/17/2020

Here in Oregon and southern Washington they grown in grass on the coast. I haven't yet looked for them but I follow a PNW mushroom group on FB and they are finding them now.

by Anonymousreply 6811/17/2020

I have a heating mat from my vegetable garden, I might play with that too.....Mushie, honestly, how could I not try this with your moniker of “Mushie”? It was just inspiring. I got the email that they shipped, so I’m excited!!

by Anonymousreply 6911/17/2020

The fruiting and spawning seem difficult. Crap. My package of spores came today, so I guess I am invested. The rice part seems simple enough, but the bucket and red brick thing seem complicated.

by Anonymousreply 7011/17/2020

Mushie!!! 😊😊😊

I used that same Medium article to set up...I’m in NYC. I put the heat mats on my closet floor and shut the door...unfortunately it’s the kind without a temperature control, it just says it will heat to 10-20 degrees above room temperature, not so helpful! I keep the house cool so hopefully it will be no more than 75-80 but I did order a thermometer to use in there.

I hope it works for me...so excited and glad you are here! 😊

by Anonymousreply 7111/17/2020

There are old mushroom hunters, and there are bold mushroom hunters ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7211/17/2020

I've done this a couple of times. One was successful. Mold got the others before they could fruit. Here's one version the process, for those who are curious about the difficulties mentioned:

Mix cooked rice with perlite and place rice in small canning jars with room to add a layer of vermiculite on top Using a nail, punch a small hole in the lids. Tighten the lids onto the jars and place a piece of duct/duck tape over the hole you punched. Pressure cook jars for an hour to sterilize them. Allow them to cool inside pressure cooker. A pressure cooker for canning is recommended, as they achieve higher pressure and temperatures that those used for cooking.

For this next step, you have to maintain sterile procedures to avoid contaminating your sterilized jars of rice and perlite. In a germ-free hood (you can make this with a plastic storage bin), you peel back the tape you placed over the hole in the jars' lids and place the mushroom spore syringe needle through the hole, through the layer of vermiculite and into the rice, where you inject the mushroom spores. Withdraw the syringe and place the tape back over the hole.

For the next few days/weeks, you leave the jars in a dark, temperature stable environment as the spores grow into mycelium, which you can think of as the pre-mushroom. These white hairs grow throughout the rice and perlite, eventually overtaking the inside of the jar and completely covering the rice. If your jar is small enough, the resulting "rice cake" will look like a little white hockey puck.

This is where things can go wrong, though. As the mycelium are starting to grow throughout the rice, you may see a tiny dot of green that has formed somewhere on the developing rice cake. This is mold, and it means the not only was your inoculation technique not sterile, but you may as well toss the jar, because that tiny little dot of green will quickly overtake the rice and mycelium and ruin the whole jar. It is truly a sad day when this happens.

If, however, your rice cake develops perfectly and without mold, you can now open then jar and take out the little white hockey puck and place it in a humidity-controlled environment like a terrarium. You can also just loosen and unseal the jars and let the mushrooms grow inside the jar. From these rice cakes grow the mushrooms. The larger the rice cake, the more mushrooms it will produce. Large jars take longer to develop mycelium, though.

I grew just enough mushrooms for a couple of doses. The effects were subtle, but noticeable. I turned on the tv and Wendy Williams was on and her set looked so unusually colorful and her wig looked so gorgeous that I had to create a twitter account just so I could tell her how great she looked. Serotonin-acting drugs make my eyes water and make me yawn and I was doing both for the rest of the evening. It's a great reset button.

It's a shame it was such a hassle, because mushrooms are fantastic. I've had better luck with stealth weed grows. I'm going to look into the Uncle Ben method mentioned above, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7311/17/2020

In nature, how does a mushroom spore find a sterile environment on a pile of cow shit?

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 74Last Wednesday at 3:43 AM

R74, as a plant person who has grown things from seed, I know that the tricky thing with mushrooms is that there is a “magic window” of the right combo of humidity, temperature, soil conditions. It all has to be perfect. So, I guess there’s something perfect about cow patties.....

by Anonymousreply 75Last Wednesday at 4:17 AM

Don't mushrooms release thousands of spores. Probably a very small percentage hit that sweet spot.

by Anonymousreply 76Last Wednesday at 8:58 AM

So, can I combine r73’s method with the uncle Ben method? Take my rice cake from the Uncle Ben bag and put it in a terrarium, misting it every once in a while? This seems so much easier. Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 77Last Wednesday at 1:14 PM

You could just move to a cooler damper climate like the UK, they grow everywhere here. I doubt anyone would bother to cultivate them.

I even get them in my lawn and borders, especially Psilocybe cyanescens (wavy caps).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78Last Wednesday at 1:54 PM

So what’s the easiest way to do “step 2”, after the Uncle Ben’s step? I was a little overwhelmed by all the different methods, would love to hear the easiest way to handle that phase.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Wednesday at 2:00 PM

R79, are you referring to Step #2 the Medium article posted above? Just making sure I didn't miss something before I answer.

by Anonymousreply 80Last Thursday at 8:49 AM

Sorry, R79, I should clarify: do you mean the overall "fruiting" or the hole-punching/gas release process?

by Anonymousreply 81Last Thursday at 9:08 AM

So sorry Mush, both I guess? I didn’t dig into that article because I was hoping for the “Sesame Street” version from you lol. So whatever you think is best, if you think that article is the end all be all, then I will read it for real. When I went to shroomery, I didn’t even try to research grieving because there’s so much info I thought it best to ask you first. :-)

by Anonymousreply 82Last Thursday at 11:32 AM

R82, this video from you tube was soooo helpful for me. I’m going to get started on Saturday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83Last Thursday at 5:59 PM

This Reddit page goes through all the steps with simple directions and videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84Last Thursday at 6:09 PM

This goes through all the steps with simple videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85Last Thursday at 6:10 PM

The video at R83 is perfect. Watch that and let us know if you have questions from there.

The overall process just takes a lot of time and patience, and before you know it, you'll be up to your ears in healthy pins. You'll be tempted to skip or speed up a few steps but DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT in the beginning. You'll eventually learn which processes may be expedited, but you need to go through some trial and error first so you can learn how to troubleshoot on your own. I'm here to help!

I just dehydrated about half a pound of golden teachers. You'll be where I am in no time!

by Anonymousreply 86Last Thursday at 7:18 PM

Thank you all!!!! I’m looking at all if it now. My syringes should arrive any day now.

by Anonymousreply 87Last Friday at 10:46 AM

I prepared my guest closet today, and did an initial Lysol cleaning. I am going to try to inoculate in the morning. I’m really nervous. I have over $100 invested in this, and don’t want to throw it away.

by Anonymousreply 88Last Friday at 2:02 PM

Mine are in the closet, on a shelf. I think I can take my first look on Monday...

by Anonymousreply 89Last Friday at 2:42 PM

Thanks for the inspiration, fellas! I ordered a syringe, too.

by Anonymousreply 90Last Friday at 2:55 PM

The last thing I want to do right now is a hallucinogen.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Friday at 2:59 PM

OMG r91, why NOT? I don’t think shrooms are as trippy as LSD at all. I’ve never had full tilt hallucinations on them, only LSD. Also, haven’t the last 4+ years been a BAD TRIP? I say yes, so bring on the shrooms.

by Anonymousreply 92Last Friday at 3:06 PM

I feel like I've been forced onto a bad trip for the past 5 years, and I need a reset. I don't know how else to get them, other than growing them!

by Anonymousreply 93Last Friday at 5:08 PM

If one of you ambitious growers are successful, don't bogart the shrooms.

Bring them here. Share. It's a mitzvah.

by Anonymousreply 94Last Friday at 5:15 PM

R94, if you can make that happen without problems for us, I actually thought about that lmao!!!! My nature is to share the party!

by Anonymousreply 95Last Friday at 5:17 PM

Mushie, the closet where I’m housing my Uncle Ben’s smells...frowsy? Does that necessarily mean mold or do the mushrooms smell that way too? I think I can check them Monday but now I’m sad thinking they might not come along...

by Anonymousreply 96Last Saturday at 4:00 PM

Psilocybe cyanescens (wavy caps) grow better on tree bark (crushed) than rice. You have to be able to identify them though as there is a slight possibility of inadvertently importing poisonous toadstools in the bark.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Saturday at 4:10 PM

What is the proper dose as a treatment for severe depression and does it help with severe anxiety as well?

by Anonymousreply 98Last Saturday at 7:25 PM

R96, don't worry about a little frowsiness. Let us know what you find come Monday! Very excited to know how inoculation goes for everyone.

Lots of folks asking about microdosing. Yes R98, psilocybin absolutely and greatly eases both anxiety and depression, along with lifting overall mood and productivity.

Here's the standard measurement for microdosing. Depending on your tolerance and preference, .5 is considered a daily microdose but you'll want to titrate up to it. There are no "bad trips" or even moderately dubious trips here, just insights and intentions and immediate releases of psilocin. (Psilocybin, the psychoactive ingredient in the fungi, is converted to psilocin, enabling it to cross the blood-brain barrier. It's structurally similar to the brain’s naturally occurring neurotransmitter serotonin.)

Anyhow, back to the daily microdoses: 0.15–0.2g (‘microdose’, as defined by Dr. Fadiman as one tenth of a therapeutic dose): barely noticeable 0.2–0.4g (slightly higher than a microdose): begin to have measurable differences in anxiety, mood and productivity 0.5g (typically considered a ‘creative dose’): sub-hallucinogenic level but noticeable lifts in anxiety, mood and productivity

This video by medical researchers who ingested and recorded their microdoses is also very insightful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99Last Saturday at 8:31 PM

I got the spores back in the day from Holland, I think. Downloaded the magic mushroom growers guide online when the Internet was just a baby. Created a sterile environment, inoculated the the jars and created a humidified environment to grow them in. It was fun! My intention was to sell them to friends but I ended up consuming all my product. Those were the crazy 90’s!

by Anonymousreply 100Last Sunday at 11:09 AM

People are finding the wavies left and right on the Oregon coast. I need to get out there and look. It sounds like they grow in the dune grass.

by Anonymousreply 101Last Sunday at 2:13 PM

My syringes still aren’t here, I’m worried about the cold, I paid to keep them warm, but I think the USPS is still jacked up from the election.

by Anonymousreply 102Last Sunday at 2:29 PM

a friend of mine gave me some stems. he told me they are mild. I've never tried mushrooms. looking forward to it!

by Anonymousreply 103Last Sunday at 2:40 PM

R102, you can get syringes without medical proof or prescription from CVS and Walgreens in most places. Call around!

by Anonymousreply 104Last Sunday at 8:32 PM

For those interested in growing, this guide is also a great resource. This doesn't cover the Uncle Ben's method, but PF tek, which has you setting up your own substrates.

R101, the wavy caps are all over WA and OR right now! If you're near a big body of water, you'll find them not far away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105Last Sunday at 8:48 PM

R104, sorry, I meant my syringes that have spores inside — I ordered some.

by Anonymousreply 106Yesterday at 4:48 AM

Okay, Mushie...it’s day 7. According to the Medium article, at day 7 you should do a “shake and break” to spread the growth around. I actually don’t see growth yet (the article suggests I might not for quite a while)...should I wait until I see something? The bags don’t look moldy but I don’t see any of the white stuff in the picture, either...is that what I am looking for?

by Anonymousreply 107Yesterday at 2:42 PM

R107, go ahead and do the gentle shake and break. You want the mycelium (which could be invisible to the naked eye, but it's establishing tiny threads by now) and let it get some air. You'll begin to see the white mycelium soon--this is the lifeblood of any fungus and gives it life and nutrients to the pins and eventually the fruits.

Make sense for now? Happy to help further.

by Anonymousreply 10821 hours ago

ok guys. do you just chew on it? i was told to make a tea with it. how do you like to take yours?

by Anonymousreply 10913 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!