Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jonathan Capehart’s Zoom Background

Have we discussed the Washington Post reporter’s zoom background? Girls, he puts everybody else’s dumb bookshelves to shame!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 7, 2020 12:47 PM

Rooms to Go backdrop

by Anonymousreply 1November 7, 2020 1:26 AM

Seeing all the different backgrounds of pundits, celebrities, musicians, doctors, etc. has been the only bright spot of the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 2November 7, 2020 1:40 AM

Room rater gave him a 10/10. I think it's very nice myself.

by Anonymousreply 3November 7, 2020 1:49 AM

Agreed R2. I have really loved seeing them too.

Capehart’s got the best bookcase I have seen so far.

Here's what Room Rater said:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 7, 2020 2:00 AM

His fashion is just as beautiful as his background.

by Anonymousreply 5November 7, 2020 10:59 AM

His background is personality-free art-directed kitsch. I pity you all if this matches your taste. I like Susan Rice's sunny red library. There is a window between the bookcases, and she covers it for the cam shoots. The chairs aren't the best but the bookshelves and books on them are attractive and practical and somewhat authentic looking.

I am a university prof and I keep less than 10 books in my home office. At my university almost all profs use the bland backgrounds online. The ones who have put thought into what they are presenting behind them, especially the wall of books, are known to be rigid thinkers stuck in the past, anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 7, 2020 11:11 AM

What’s the insertable length of the two objects behind his left shoulder?

by Anonymousreply 7November 7, 2020 11:19 AM

R6, you’re a university prof and you don’t know the difference between less and fewer? It’s fewer than 10 books. Fewer. Glad you’re not grading my papers.

by Anonymousreply 8November 7, 2020 11:21 AM

I didn’t believe r6 anyway.

by Anonymousreply 9November 7, 2020 11:29 AM

Yes I am. Thank you for your correction. You have not successfully completed the assigned task. Also, you will find in the working world, petty corrections to those in authority will damage your career. Please submit your task by noon, Monday. Have a good weekend.

by Anonymousreply 10November 7, 2020 11:30 AM

You are not in authority, just in your head. Good luck with that attitude!

by Anonymousreply 11November 7, 2020 11:31 AM

Hydrangeas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 7, 2020 11:33 AM

R11 = satire-free zone

by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2020 11:38 AM

It's OK, but a bit show-home. It's been fun indeed to see all the Covid and Election talking heads more often than not opining in front of their walls of books.

Geek that I am, I sometimes recognise book-spine designs and titles. At any rate, it's better than that DL anathema, stacked books.

by Anonymousreply 14November 7, 2020 12:06 PM

My pet peeve: Talking head with their own published book propped up behind them. Plug your book for free! And if you prop up multiple copies, I fucking hate you.

by Anonymousreply 15November 7, 2020 12:11 PM

I’ve been surprised how dull and ordinary most of their houses. I like the yellow Harlem toile by Sheila Bridges in Gayle King’s apartment.. She really committed to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 7, 2020 12:21 PM

That’s not the bookshelf of someone who actually reads.

by Anonymousreply 17November 7, 2020 12:23 PM

Books are so decorative!

by Anonymousreply 18November 7, 2020 12:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!