Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did a lot of the DL go straight down the shitter?

It’s getting so negative. Looking for some respite!

by Anonymousreply 59September 7, 2021 12:20 AM

It has always been negative, dear. The gay community is not the sunshine and rainbows place that you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2020 11:00 PM

I don’t think it’s sunshine. It just seems so fucking toxic sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2020 11:02 PM

R2 The world is kind of in a bad place right now, which might be the reason behind the rise in toxicity.

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2020 11:03 PM

And after a long day of being shit on by our jobs, our families, our friends, and the world -- we all need to go somewhere to let it all out so we don't get cancer. And that my friends, is The Data Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2020 11:05 PM

Honestly OP? Did you think you were going to get around this one? Here ya go hon:

There's already been repeated thread after repeated thread on this OP. Why did you find it necessary to come here and start another? Why? Why OP? Can you give us an intelligent, honest answer? Can you? Why would you come here and post this kind of shit yet AGAIN when there have already been so many prior threads on this EXACT same subject. Do you really think this is that damned interesting that it warrants another entire thread to be started? DO YOU??

Why couldn't you have done a search first OP? That would have been the polite thing to do. What you demonstrated was just plain selfishness. You have shown that you don't think about anybody but yourself. It's all about you and your own satisfaction. Next time before you post, do us all a favor and do a search. We don't need another duplicate thread just because of your laziness.

by Anonymousreply 5October 27, 2020 11:30 PM

Straight women ruin everything, including Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 6October 27, 2020 11:42 PM

It's been getting even worse in recent weeks.

I have 15 racist and/or anti-vax trolls blocked right now. That's some kind of record

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2021 2:56 PM

[quote] Looking for some respite!

Come to Manvox. We're nicer.

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2021 2:59 PM

It used to be only for gay men and it was a witty, intelligent echo chamber with a good slice of cattiness.

Now, in one thread you’ll have an old white Queen fighting with a black millennial YASSSS KWEEN while a fat white Frau posts cathartic paragraphs of verbal diarrhea that one cares about in response to a white Autistic millennial gay who is posting a counter argument to the word salad a black woman who defected from LSA posted, and she’s calling everyone a “racist” and demanding control of the narrative on the board.

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2021 3:06 PM

But you’re still here R8.

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2021 3:06 PM

Someone ask R5 if she's ok, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2021 3:07 PM

Meghan

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2021 3:19 PM

Sunshine Sucks and the Megstans

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2021 3:21 PM

COVID is amplifying everything, too. People are weary and hypersensitive.

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 3:23 PM

Datalounge’s pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 3:30 PM

i think its because some have the "nerve" here to push back on the left wing doctrinaire, woke mandate

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2021 3:42 PM

You guys.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2021 3:43 PM

That doesn't account for the right-wing shit stains, r16

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2021 3:44 PM

Well post something positive instead of another downer tread, Debs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2021 3:52 PM

This place is a beacon of positivity, at the expense of those freaks who perpetually live their most extreme fetishes for the world to see!

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2021 4:22 PM

This place is now infested with Right wing trolls and Russians writing racist and anti-trans BS.

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2021 4:49 PM

R21 actually Russians are pushing the BLM and T extremist agendas to cause discord and division in the USA, you’ve just taken the bait and are now a pawn for Putin.

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2021 5:05 PM

R22 Conservative troll fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2021 5:28 PM

It's not witty the way it used to be. And there's just a lot of complaining.

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2021 5:31 PM

R23 is a paid Russian Troll for the Republicans sent to create division and discord

by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2021 5:33 PM

Secretariat still holds the record for fastest time at the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes.

He won the Belmont by 31 lengths.

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2021 5:33 PM

^^^ wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2021 5:34 PM

R9, that’s not true. Datalounge was for gays and lesbians, not just gay men. I’ve been here since the first day. As for bisexuals and transgenders, it’s not that they weren’t allowed it’s more like we didn’t know as much back then to include them.

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2021 5:40 PM

I was really hoping for some uplift after the election. (DL always gets nasty and contentious during election years--ALWAYS has.) And as many of us skew elder here (wink!), I assumed that mass vaccinations would help lift peoples' spirits and some of the CV-19 doldrums and anxiety.

That hasn't really happened, has it?

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2021 5:40 PM

I don't know, the very first part of R9's assessment, about 'an old white Queen fighting with a black millennial YASSSS KWEEN' seems eerily accurate. You see this all the time here.

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2021 5:45 PM

To be more accurate, DL was THE gay gossip site (of pointless bitchery) for everyone and anyone who came here. Our numbers have always included bisexuals, transgendered folks, and straight people (well, mostly straight ladies). And gay BiPOC have always been here since I can remember.

Times have changed. And so has awareness. I think some old-timers here are having difficulty acknowledging that not everyone here is a middle-aged (and middle-class) gay white man.

by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2021 5:45 PM

I know you are R25, you piece of shit, but what am I.

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2021 6:39 AM

This is my last week....I am not renewing my DL.....It's not fun anymore...The party is over...

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2021 6:43 AM

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2021 6:44 AM

The best way to enjoy this place is to not take it so fucking seriously.

by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2021 6:46 AM

Yes, we should let right wing assholes take over, shit on us, and have us ask for more. Hilarious. FUCK YOU.

by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2021 6:50 AM

R36, I have never done any of those things, and I am as far as anti-Trump/anti-Republican as you can get.

by Anonymousreply 37April 12, 2021 6:52 AM

Well, Ooze hasn't posted yet so there's that --

by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2021 6:59 AM

OP agreed. Many are showing their true colors as rightwing racists. Previously the bitchery was pointless and fun, not toxic as it tends to be now.

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2021 7:00 AM

Utilize the FF & Ignore features. So many problems emerge here because people seemingly can't help but respond to obvious trollbait.

Some rightwing shithead posts an obvious racist thread, and then instead of FFing that thread into oblivion, people add kindling to that fire.

by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2021 7:17 AM

There you go, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2021 7:59 AM

I want to say it’s the obvious frau infiltration that has ruined things, but I know that isn’t true. A lot of the bitter bitches around here are crunchy old queens, who sit around in their kaftans whilst thy eat bonbons and set fire to the DL treads.

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2021 8:13 AM

Marry me r38!

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2021 9:12 AM

Boris and the Sockpuppets ruined this site.

In second place comes the Copycat Thread Thief/ Irrelevant Pop Namedropper, who may be Muriel.

I don't contribute much anymore because it's just a handful of trolls talking to themselves most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 44April 12, 2021 9:17 AM

Thanks, r42, for my first genuine laugh of the day

by Anonymousreply 45April 12, 2021 9:21 AM

r44 some threads are still good and don't attract trolls (usually).

A few months ago, I posted about missing my mom with Alzheimer's. That thread received so many genuinely thoughtful and insightful replies that I've bookmarked it and plan to return to it after my mom dies.

And the thread on Secretariat has received a number of good replies and (knock wood) is still troll-free. (I never expected a thread on horseracing would get so much traction.)

by Anonymousreply 46April 12, 2021 9:24 AM

The Ignore and Block functions DO NOT WORK ON THIS SITE, r40.

Any troll can just purchase a new account for cheap and then amplify their Fake News, homophobia, right-wing propaganda, Trump talking points and denigrate minorities an unlimited number of times and every DLer has to read them anew.

You've been told this a million times whenever this subject comes up, but you keep spreading the FAKE NEWS of "Ignore" because you're a troll who takes advantage of the sock puppet system yourself.

FUCK OFF AND DIE.

by Anonymousreply 47April 12, 2021 9:24 AM

"Utilize the FF & Ignore features" on r40.

Then watch as you have to read the same horse shit statements and propaganda the very next day, in the same writing style, but usually from accounts with no posting history because they're NEW SOCK PUPPETS.

by Anonymousreply 48April 12, 2021 9:27 AM

There's also a limit to the number of accounts you can block. 50 is the max, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 49April 12, 2021 9:27 AM

r9 is Boris the Right-Wing Troll himself, co-opting the criticisms that have been lodged at him over the years into his own word salad for the purposes of deflection. His typical manic, meth-seeming, hypocritical escape tactic.

He was never around Datalounge until five or six years ago and DL was never "gay men only," let alone an "echo chamber."

Sick, little sociopathic, fascist fucks like "echo chambers," which Boris's sock puppets are always trying to create around here with Muriel's approval.

by Anonymousreply 50April 12, 2021 9:34 AM

r5 is the Redundant Thread and Copycat Thread Troll's tired screed, cut and pasted to DL like pollution again.

People called r5 out for copying and creating duplicate threads on DL and he typed up that life-sucking, unfunny tar pit of a statement as a sarcastic temper tantrum.

There's a deranged corner of his imbecilic imagination that thinks he's hilarious, and he's flicking his little clitty upon being recognized.

by Anonymousreply 51April 12, 2021 9:39 AM

Or you're a psycho and a fraud, r16, just like your precious Furher and you're BOTH triggered, little, butt-hurt, snowflake LOSERS after proving yourselves FAILURES politically.

But psychos gonna psycho.

Let's review one of the daily Trump reelection claims r16 made for five years straight, culminating in this gem:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 12, 2021 9:45 AM

And here's when r16 was still denying legit polls and claiming victory for the Republicans in the Georgia Senate races just one week out from the election:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 12, 2021 9:46 AM

And Google Search "Trafalgar" and "polling" within the domain name datalounge.com if you want a good laugh at r16's expense.

You'll be rewarded with several fearless proclamations that Trump's reelection was secure because "Trump voters won't admit it in polls" and the Trafalgar Polling Group were inflating every Trump standing in polls by seven percent!

Remember "The Race is Far From Over?" Or "Kenosha Looting Forgives Trump's Crimes, Negligence and Ineptitude?"

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂!!!!!

Good times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 12, 2021 9:53 AM

But Donald Trump still holds the record for Fastest $715,240 STRAIGHT DOWN THE SHITTER with Trump Steaks, r26!

by Anonymousreply 55April 12, 2021 10:08 AM

This is the best site on the internet. Five minutes on insipid witless Reddit sends me back here every time.

by Anonymousreply 56April 12, 2021 10:12 AM

Again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 12, 2021 10:21 AM

Everyone has turned into a snowflake, including OP. Grow a set, stop complaining and suck it up buttercup. It’s not getting better this decade.

by Anonymousreply 58April 12, 2021 11:07 AM

False premise, OP. Nothing around here goes straight.

by Anonymousreply 59September 7, 2021 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!