Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mitt Romney crying says it all

Republicans live in a right-wing bubble where they don't have to face reality until they collapse in a grease fire on Election Night.

Mitt Romney never beat Obama in the public polling and yet he was "shell-shocked" the night he lost and you could see it in his concession speech.

Sucks to live Alternative Facts and Fake News. Deplorables are headed for a similar fate on Nov. 3 because Fox News won't report any mistakes made by Republicans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 1:39 AM

Romney felt that because people showed up to his dumb rallies that it was a sign he was winning. Paul Ryan made terrible comments after the election that voters had been "extracted" from inner cities to vote. Scumbag.

At the end of the day, it was just two privileged white guys who could not believe they lived in a world where they could be beaten by a black man.

by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2020 2:46 AM

Was anyone 'shellshocked' by the 2016 election results?? Hmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2020 2:50 AM

That motherfucker had a fireworks show planned for election night in Boston, he was so sure he'd win.

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2020 2:52 AM

2012 was the year of that unskewed polls website. Remember that shit? LOL.

I think Romney was reading it a bit too much.

by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2020 2:56 AM

Romney really thought he was the "White Horse" of Mormon prophecy.

by Anonymousreply 5October 27, 2020 3:02 AM

They got their revenge in 2016 -- may no Republican ever win anything again.

by Anonymousreply 6October 27, 2020 3:07 AM

Yeah. He thought he was annointed by God to be the first moron president. He probably still feels that way

by Anonymousreply 7October 27, 2020 3:08 AM

If Obummer just lost in 2012, we wouldn't have been in this hellhole of the Orange Shit Turd today. Such a vicious twist of fate.

by Anonymousreply 8October 27, 2020 3:12 AM

Well, R2, the polls said Clinton would win by 2 or 3 percent, which is exactly what happened. So, no.

by Anonymousreply 9October 27, 2020 3:18 AM

As I recall there was a sense it was going to be a close race in the final days of the 2012 election period. This may have been more of a media-created horserace but apparently the Romney campaign believed it and that oversampling of Dems in the poll were skewering results.

by Anonymousreply 10October 27, 2020 6:18 AM

He wouldn't let anyone watch anything but Fox news around him. He was in a self created bubble

by Anonymousreply 11October 27, 2020 6:24 AM

I remember Anne saying the Obamas should "start packing" and it was "their turn".

by Anonymousreply 12October 27, 2020 7:17 AM

People are saying that Romney wants to run again in 2024, so he's still delusional.

Does he not realize that most people from both sides of the aisle hate him? Republicans will never forgive him for voting against Trump in the impeachment trial and Dems think he's an elite waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2020 11:08 AM

Apparently Romney believed in a Mormon prophecy that foretold he'd win the election and be a great leader. Something about a white horse, or something. That's why he didn't listen to the polls and statistics.

by Anonymousreply 14October 27, 2020 11:23 AM

Dems think he’s spineless too.

by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2020 12:32 PM

Romney has no chance in 2012. I laughed when he lost.

by Anonymousreply 16October 27, 2020 12:44 PM

He doesn't really stand up to Trump does he? What an ass. So it was his black grandson? Cynical too, using race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2020 12:51 AM

Didn’t the exit polls on Election Day show him in the lead? Or am I confusing him with John Kerry, another Massachusetts presidential candidate?

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2020 1:37 AM

As I remember Romney was gaining in the polls at the last minute. That tremendous storm that hit the east coast was said to have ended his momentum in that it dominated the news cycle.

Obama would have had such an easy cake walk to the win but that first debate he behaved so sourly that the polls for Romney got a jolt.

Anyone read his book? I always wondered what was wrong with Obama on that debate night and if he acknowledges it now.

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 1:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!