Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Florida is on the verge of a COVID-19 resurgence

Florida’s rising number of COVID-19 cases could be the leading edge of a dangerous spike that could continue for months as the state remains wide open for business, tourism and education, public health experts warn.

As of Friday, the number of new COVID cases per day in Florida had increased 36.4% over the past week (3,335) compared to 14 days earlier (2,445.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2020 8:57 PM

What do you think DL. Should I cancel my month (Feb) in Siesta Key in 2021? I'll lose my deposit if I don't cancel by Nov 1st.

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2020 5:47 PM

Well, Florida is the last place I’d want to be right now. If you do get sick, there won’t be any hospital rooms for you in about 3 weeks after the Plump rallies.

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2020 6:01 PM

In case you’re serious, r1, yes cancel the reservation.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2020 6:02 PM

I wouldn’t chance it now.

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2020 6:09 PM

Gerard is cute. Is he seeing anyone?

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2020 6:14 PM

Even the bathhouses are open. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 6:15 PM

They’re going to kill my whole family.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 6:18 PM

Don't worry about it. DeSantis has announced that they won't be releasing the numbers publicly anymore, so it's all fine.

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 6:19 PM

So?

These old coots love that orange jackass. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2020 6:21 PM

Say," Goodbye" to many of those at The Villages rally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2020 6:31 PM

Republicans will try to use this to scare people from going to vote.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 6:34 PM

Vote now Florida while you still can!

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 6:36 PM

So, r11?

Most Democrats voted early or by mail. It was only the idiot rethugs who listened to the fat fool who decided to wait until Election day.

If they're too sick to vote or too scared to vote or dead then tough shit for them. They listened to an idiot and lost the right to vote.

Bigger ass kicking for orange. Bigger BLUNAMI for us.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2020 6:53 PM

Florida is doomed until we get democratic leadership at the federal level.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2020 7:28 PM

Even then I’ll think they’ll be doomed as long as DeathSantis is still Governor.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2020 7:37 PM

They all need to vote today.

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 8:00 PM

Who could have predicted this???

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 8:08 PM

Hopefully it'll clear out all the Yankee trash and snowbirds.

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2020 8:14 PM

Governor DeSantis is a bigger Trump ass-licker than Miss Lindsey Graham. Not only did he open everything back up again prematurely and lift the mask mandates, he also took away individual counties/cities ability to enforce their own mask mandates. We are going to be hearing more about the recent Trump Rally at The Villages - huge covid numbers to follow no doubt, and those old idiots will die not survive.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2020 8:14 PM

How can it be legal for the state not to release the numbers during a pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2020 8:28 PM

My parents--stalwart Democrats--live near the Villages and they aren't going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Especially now that Pumpkinhead and his merry band of twats have had a huge, maskless rally in their neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2020 8:40 PM

R20, reporters can file a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request to get the numbers. I don’t see how DeSantis can hide them indefinitely. A judge is going to force him to release them.

I guess the thing to do would be to contact a local reporter or news station and ask them to do it.

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2020 8:47 PM

My city has the lowest COVID rate among the 20 largest cities in the country. This is because we take public health seriously here. Everyone wears masks, and the city has been reopening VERY slowly, based on epidemiological criteria and not economic demands.

So fuck Florida. I’m going to stay in my safe little bubble. I only wish we could find a way to keep infectious Covidiots out. Especially ones from Florida.

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2020 8:54 PM

At least it will kill off all the old people who vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 24October 25, 2020 8:56 PM

Buh-bye, MAGAts!

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2020 8:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!