Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Administration surrenders to COVID

Meadows says they can't control it, despite Trump's saying it's controlled. From CNN:

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows said Sunday that the US is "not going to control" the coronavirus pandemic, as cases surge across the country and nearly 225,000 Americans have died from the virus.

"We are not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation areas," Meadows told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

The comments from President Donald Trump's chief of staff come as coronavirus cases surge across the US and the administration continues to consistently disregard advice from government health experts to wear masks, social distance and avoid large gatherings as a way to curb the spread of the virus. The White House is also facing a potential second outbreak of the virus after at least five people in Pence's inner circle have tested positive in recent days, according to a source familiar with the situation.

At least 5 people in Pence's orbit, including chief of staff Marc Short, are positive for coronavirus

Pressed by Tapper on why the US isn't going to get the pandemic under control, Meadows said: "Because it is a contagious virus just like the flu." He added that the Trump administration is "making efforts to contain it."

by Anonymousreply 126October 26, 2020 6:37 PM

From right-wing news:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2020 4:26 PM

Yep, since trump's fat ass and his family made it just fine with Covid..fuck the rest of the country...

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2020 4:28 PM

Yeah, it was just too hard and not worth the effort. It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2020 4:31 PM

This should be on the Dems playbook 24/7. I would expect Meadows to retract or get fired.

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2020 4:32 PM

"Why couldn't it be as easy and effective as saying,' E-mails, e-mails, Benghazi, Benghazi'? Frankly, I'm bored with the whole thing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2020 4:36 PM

No the first time he was bored with the job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 4:38 PM

But it's just the flu!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 4:39 PM

It fits with his playbook. This was perfect for him. It is an other opportunity to cause mass confusion, instability and conspiracy theories to further his agenda to completely make anything that resembles government functioning irrelevant. He thrives in this space like a fat carp on muddy river bottom.

In this confusion and non-action, he does what he wants, says what he wants, and destroys what he wants. His goal is to squeak back into office, complete the dismantling, leaving only his voice, his people, his conspiracies. Then he thrives again.

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote]I would expect Meadows to retract or get fired.

Why? The WH has made it obvious this was their perspective since Trump overrode the CDC and declared the nation had to reopen, back in May.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2020 4:50 PM

But, the thing he fears the most is to be proven wrong. Unfortunately for him, all his bloviating, as recent as yesterday, about how the virus is going away has been negated by today's development.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2020 4:52 PM

Well, Duh!

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 4:58 PM

Here is the Meadows spot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 4:58 PM

Just remember, the Senate could have convicted and removed Trump and warned Pence to bring it back in line to normal governance.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2020 5:01 PM

They ought to all burn in hell for abandoning the American people like this! Every other government, even shithole Russia, has tried harder and done more than these psycho, lazy fuckers!

Fuck ANYONE who votes for these pieces of shit!

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2020 5:06 PM

One year ago today, Joe Biden warned that the Trump administration had dropped the ball on pandemic preparedness.

The responses from Trumplickers have not aged well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2020 5:06 PM

Will somebody PLEASE shit in Mark Meadows' mouth???

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 5:12 PM

Next step: Covid is a public good. It culls the herd.

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 5:14 PM

You can’t control a virus any more than you can control the weather. Have we controlled the common cold? Influenza? Syphilis?

Why this is seen as a bad thing is beyond me. It’s impossible to do.

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2020 5:17 PM

He’s right.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2020 5:19 PM

Is Syphilis going to kill half a million Americans in 2021? One way to control syphilis is don't fuck. And if you do fuck, get STD testing. And if you get syphilis, cure it. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2020 5:19 PM

Right, R17! If the sick and old, poor and non whites, die then Trump and the Republicans can cut Social security so much easier and point to a larger number of affluent white people in America.

Because they will have KILLED everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2020 5:20 PM

R18, so let’s just throw up our hands and do nothing, right?

Hell, whoever gets it gets it. And if they don’t have access to the same experimental treatments the President gets and they die, meh, oh well?

Fuck the old and infirm anyway, amirite!

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2020 5:21 PM

[quote]You can’t control a virus any more than you can control the weather.

Yes, that's why we gave up on measles, smallpox, rubella, chicken pox and polio.

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2020 5:22 PM

Hate to break it to the poors and darkies. The bad news is, you're going to get poorer. The worst news is, you might well die of COVID. It is what it is. You should have planned ahead, and stopped being so poor and dark. MAGA!

by Anonymousreply 24October 25, 2020 5:23 PM

[quote]5 Pence aids in an undisclosed location

Pence has AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2020 5:25 PM

R18, you CAN control it dipshit. Wear a mask!

by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2020 5:26 PM

R23 and R26 for the win.

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2020 5:33 PM

R18 is the type that doesn’t wash his body or his clothes because there’s nothing you can do to stop them from getting dirty again so why bother?

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2020 5:33 PM

R18 is a low-grade moron. The protectiion techniques used during the pandemic would also go a long way to limit spread of the common cold, influenza, and a host of similar infections.

The one good thing that MIGHT come out of the pandemic is less reluctance to use a mask, at least by intelligent people. The rest can die off.

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2020 5:36 PM

R18 wins dipshit of the year.

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2020 5:39 PM

Honest to god, I wish we had three times in our lives we could reach thru the screen and fuck up someone badly. I’d choose R18 all three times.

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2020 5:53 PM

Don't waste your energy on trolls.

by Anonymousreply 32October 25, 2020 6:05 PM

Hmm, an interesting admission to make 2 weeks before the election: we're not even going to *try* and control the virus. And no one but the MAGA hard core crowd believe a vaccine is coming any time soon.

There was an interesting article in the NYTimes about how Iowa was never in lock down, their governor has continually blocked social distancing/mask wearing mandates, yet their economy has been slower to recover than surrounding areas taking even basic precautions because despite what their dumbass governor says, they *know* there's danger and if they still have a job, they're scared they'll lose it. No one forced restaurants to close - they just did so because no one was coming anymore.

by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2020 6:08 PM

“I take full responsibility. It’s not my fault it came here. It’s China’s fault.”

by Anonymousreply 34October 25, 2020 6:12 PM

Don't believe anything that Fauci said or any scientist or Democrat. We are just going to have to live with it. It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2020 6:14 PM

[quote]You can’t control a virus any more than you can control the weather. Have we controlled the common cold? Influenza? Syphilis? Why this is seen as a bad thing is beyond me. It’s impossible to do.

And yet, somehow, multiple countries have managed to do so. And the majority of countries have handled it better than has the U.S. Perhaps we should learn from them.

by Anonymousreply 36October 25, 2020 6:14 PM

Exactly, r33.

Where I live, movie theatres were given the green light recently to open with numerous restrictions.

The news did a poll and asked “Are you ready to return to a movie theatre?” An overwhelming 86% said No.

Very very few people will risk going into a movie theatre and sitting with strangers for 2+ hours, massless. (Yes, technically you’re supposed to wear a mask but how can you eat in a mask? And eating is not a restriction.)

by Anonymousreply 37October 25, 2020 6:15 PM

*maskless

by Anonymousreply 38October 25, 2020 6:17 PM

Interesting closing argument that the Trump campaign is making here: "You're all going to get sick and we're not even going to pretend that we're doing anything about it."

That doesn't really seem like a convincing argument to me but maybe I'm not the target audience for that message.

by Anonymousreply 39October 25, 2020 6:17 PM

Oh dear, oh dear. I see millions of Trump supporters in their rocking chairs, nodding, saying, "That makes sense!"

by Anonymousreply 40October 25, 2020 6:20 PM

cunts

by Anonymousreply 41October 25, 2020 6:21 PM

Right now new cases are surging throughout Europe even among countries that had the most strict lockdowns.

Total deaths so far in the EU/EEA plus UK are 208 627.

That's how well the virus is being controlled.

by Anonymousreply 42October 25, 2020 6:21 PM

and Japan?

by Anonymousreply 43October 25, 2020 6:23 PM

All the right-wingers I have heard are saying that opening the economy is the single most important thing that must happen. The virus is nothing more than the flu. More people will die of restrictions than the virus.

by Anonymousreply 44October 25, 2020 6:25 PM

The American people are unwilling to inconvenience themselves and deny what they want for any length of time. Even the most rabid Biden supporter is probably planning a family gathering at Thanksgiving and, certainly, Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 45October 25, 2020 6:27 PM

Paranoid fattards only see COVID right now and nothing else. The economy in ruins - fuck it. Cancer patients can't get treatment - screw them. Other deaths don't count if they are not COVID deaths.

by Anonymousreply 46October 25, 2020 6:27 PM

[quote]Right now new cases are surging throughout Europe even among countries that had the most strict lockdowns.

Because it's not enough to just lockdown, you also have to reopen correctly.

by Anonymousreply 47October 25, 2020 6:28 PM

[quote]Cancer patients can't get treatment - screw them.

Please provide a list of locales where cancer patients can't get treatment.

by Anonymousreply 48October 25, 2020 6:30 PM

Except for a few hot spots in Brooklyn, Cuomo in NY state is controlling the virus pretty well. For months, the infection rate has been 1-2%. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 25, 2020 6:33 PM

[quote]You can’t control a virus any more than you can control the weather. Have we controlled the common cold? Influenza? Syphilis? Why this is seen as a bad thing is beyond me. It’s impossible to do.

Actually, I think the bad thing is that you seem to think that syphilis is caused by a virus.

by Anonymousreply 50October 25, 2020 6:33 PM

"It's the biggest surrender in the history of man. No one has had a more important surrender. MAGA."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 25, 2020 6:34 PM

We should ALL be rabid Biden supporters, r45. I sense that you aren't, so...

by Anonymousreply 52October 25, 2020 6:34 PM

R52, I voted for Biden on the first day of early voting, so fuck off. What I said is true; not supporting it, but just giving facts. Prove me wrong or shut your yap.

by Anonymousreply 53October 25, 2020 6:37 PM

I don't have to prove anything, r53. Biden doesn't have "rabid supporters"...Trump does.

by Anonymousreply 54October 25, 2020 6:43 PM

[quote]The American people are unwilling to inconvenience themselves and deny what they want for any length of time.

Like voting. Look at these lazy people unwilling to do a damn thing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2020 6:44 PM

And these slackers! Look at them ignoring reality:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 25, 2020 6:44 PM

More lazy Americans doing something good for the nation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 25, 2020 6:46 PM

[quote]Right now new cases are surging throughout Europe even among countries that had the most strict lockdowns.

That's because they fucked up and assumed that it was basically all over. With few exceptions, they didn't set up the necessary protocols to stamp out new outbreaks as they arose.

The countries that did are still doing just fine, even as the second (or third) wave rises in Europe and elsewhere. They're also doing far better economically.

by Anonymousreply 58October 25, 2020 6:48 PM

[quote] Paranoid fattards only see COVID right now and nothing else. The economy in ruins - fuck it. Cancer patients can't get treatment - screw them. Other deaths don't count if they are not COVID deaths.

R46, I assure you that many other patients are being treated. But when overwhelmed with patients that CANNOT breathe, hospital staff address the MOST CRITICAL patients first. Loss of breath is deadly after minutes.....

I’d love for you to just spend one day at the hospital attending to humans who feel as though they are smothering. In fact, loss of breath is one of the most difficult and painful experiences for most people. If you joined us in treating very ill folks for ONE SINGLE DAY on two back to back 12 hour shifts with bodies clutching at you out of fear from loss of breath, you’d be hard pressed to call anyone “paranoid fatties”.

Even Don had the flicker of fear for a moment on his face when he left the hospital and used his accessory muscles to breathe at the Mussolini balcony show. We recognise that look all-too-well.

And we are not even discussing the LONG TERM ramifications of Covid on the body....even in individuals with NO SYMPTOMS.

So, please find some decency and compassion for others - and yourself - in that black soul of yours that causes you to attack with ad hominems and a devolved spirit.

(Study below shows 78% reveal evidence of myocardial involvement with “the majority without reported symptoms...; [t]he durability and consequences of such....findings are not yet known and longer follow-up is needed.”)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 25, 2020 6:48 PM

I have two loved ones in rural America currently going through chemotherapy lying, dumb cunt at R46. I pray they survive cancer and COVID. The one makes the far more susceptible to the other.

You Trumpers are the most revolting excuses for humans since Hitler's assclowns.

by Anonymousreply 60October 25, 2020 6:50 PM

[quote]The countries that did are still doing just fine, even as the second (or third) wave rises in Europe and elsewhere.

Two Italian guys I follow say Italy is about to lock down again.

by Anonymousreply 61October 25, 2020 6:53 PM

Trump knows he will lose so unleashing the virus like wildfire on the nation before he leaves is his revenge on the country and his opponent.

by Anonymousreply 62October 25, 2020 6:56 PM

The sad thing is saying

[quote]Trump knows he will lose so unleashing the virus like wildfire on the nation before he leaves is his revenge on the country and his opponent.

50 years ago, would have gotten you locked up in a psychological hospital; but then Reagan closed them all, so:

40 years ago, would have made you homeless so your local government would buy you a one-way ticket to California.

30 years ago, you would have been laughed out of the room. Even the paranoid reactionaries would laugh.

20 years ago, you'd scare a Democratic party that had just had the election stolen right from under their noses.

10 years ago, Obama would have told you not to lose sight of hope and change.

Today you're accurately reporting on the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 63October 25, 2020 7:02 PM

[quote]The countries that did are still doing just fine, even as the second (or third) wave rises in Europe and elsewhere. They're also doing far better economically.

That is only true of some of the smaller countries.

Europe's major economic powers are all doing poorly as far as new cases are concerned.

Right now even Germany is having a surge of cases much higher than daily numbers at the previous peak in March and April..

by Anonymousreply 64October 25, 2020 7:12 PM

After the devastation that the virus will leave behind, Trump will claim that he wasn't lying. He said that it was going to disappear so that the public didn't panic and hurt the economy.

by Anonymousreply 65October 25, 2020 7:13 PM

How is it that a communist country cares more about its citizens than the U.S.?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 25, 2020 7:22 PM

Dump gets off on destruction and death.

by Anonymousreply 67October 25, 2020 7:27 PM

Dump gets off on destruction and death.

I actually think that's true, much the same way he got off forcing Erdogan & his staff so sit there & smile while smelling his shit filled diaper. Big time power trip.

I also think he & the repigs in general believe that the virus mostly kills the old & the poor, thus eliminating society of an unnecessary burden. If most victims were white, middle aged men, they'd be singing a different tune.

by Anonymousreply 68October 25, 2020 7:36 PM

Genocide with plausible deniability.

by Anonymousreply 69October 25, 2020 7:43 PM

[quote]How is it that a communist country cares more about its citizens than the U.S.?

The most idiotic post on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 70October 25, 2020 7:45 PM

Remember when, for about a minute in the spring, Trump called himself now a war president? Like his apparent role model, Robert E. Lee, he’s another surrendering war president.

by Anonymousreply 71October 25, 2020 7:45 PM

Psychopaths enjoy the suffering of others, even more so if they have a hand in causing it. Trump is a psychopath and his reaction to Coronavirus reflects that he not only doesn't care about the majority of Americans but he'd happily watch them suffocate as long as he gets to keep his job.

by Anonymousreply 72October 25, 2020 7:46 PM

At least Bobby Lee cared about his home state, R71. Dump cares for no one but himself.

by Anonymousreply 73October 25, 2020 7:47 PM

They've been following this plan for eight months.

by Anonymousreply 74October 25, 2020 7:47 PM

Trump Surrendered

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 25, 2020 7:49 PM

[quote] The most idiotic post on this thread.

Apparently you glossed right over r18.

by Anonymousreply 76October 25, 2020 7:52 PM

He probably is R18.

by Anonymousreply 77October 25, 2020 7:53 PM

Cuomo has to contend with bug-chasing Hasids.

by Anonymousreply 78October 25, 2020 8:06 PM

Dems and the Super Pacs better be working OVERTIME OVERNIGHT on those ads featuring Meadows. I want to see them on the air this week!

by Anonymousreply 79October 25, 2020 8:10 PM

[quote]Trump knows he will lose so unleashing the virus like wildfire on the nation before he leaves is his revenge on the country and his opponent.

It's definitely Trump's FU to Biden, since Joe will have to deal with the mess he's leaving.

by Anonymousreply 80October 25, 2020 8:28 PM

Biden's social media team is all over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 25, 2020 8:31 PM

United Herds of America.

by Anonymousreply 82October 25, 2020 8:37 PM

Meadows really wants to sink the Trump regime.

by Anonymousreply 83October 25, 2020 10:10 PM

Meadows really wants to sink the Trump regime.

No, I think that's what the oligarchs want him to say: shut the fuck up about COVID and get back to work, school and shopping at the mall! But Americans aren't having it.

By all means, Meadows, keep running your mouth because the people you piss of the most with that talk are seniors, the people most vulnerable to this virus. You might think they are expendable, but they seem to have other ideas

by Anonymousreply 84October 25, 2020 10:44 PM

With 80,000 Americans a day testing positive, it is obvious Americans are incapable of following rules and not feeling entitled. If a country with 3x as many people figured it out, the only reason other countries haven’t is because their citizens and leaders are jackasses.

by Anonymousreply 85October 25, 2020 10:55 PM

My, what a broad brush you paint with, r85.

by Anonymousreply 86October 25, 2020 11:19 PM

R85 Believes in China.

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 87October 25, 2020 11:38 PM

"TheTruthFairy" is a liar

by Anonymousreply 88October 25, 2020 11:40 PM

The reason Americans are not wearing masks is they were not forced to, and encouraged to, as elsewhere. Simple as that. The reason many Americans are getting sick is that Dillinger Capitalism does not care about worker safety and there are not income supports for the working poor to stay home if necessary. I don't think America is failing the COVID fight because Americans are stupid and selfish, in general. I think its because the Republicans insist on Dillinger Capitalism, first and foremost. Did the meat packing plants every close? Did you see the way Trump systematically destroyed ALL worker and public safety regulations?

by Anonymousreply 89October 25, 2020 11:47 PM

[quote]That is only true of some of the smaller countries.

China is a "smaller country?"

[quote]Europe's major economic powers are all doing poorly as far as new cases are concerned.

I wrote: With few exceptions, they didn't set up the necessary protocols to stamp out new outbreaks as they arose. The countries that did are still doing just fine.

None of that applies to major European economic powers.

by Anonymousreply 90October 25, 2020 11:49 PM

The Elite Refugs have brainwashed the poor and powerless to believe their horseshit, and to pursue all this claptrap about "FREEDOM". They could just have easily been brainwashed into a public effort, like in other national challenges. This is exactly what the REFUGS want. This mess. This death cult. This continued transfer of wealth to the rich.

by Anonymousreply 91October 25, 2020 11:49 PM

R90 You're the only person in the world who believes China.

by Anonymousreply 92October 25, 2020 11:52 PM

R92, I don't accept everything from China at face value, obviously, but if China were experiencing anything like what we are seeing, we would know. They aren't. Pull your head out of your ass and start applying some common sense.

by Anonymousreply 93October 25, 2020 11:54 PM

CHY-na

The virus come from CHY-na

Nasty country. Nasty people.

You know who love CHY-na?

Sleepy Joe and his son Hunter

Very corrupt. They should be arrested because of the way they keep working for CHY-na

by Anonymousreply 94October 26, 2020 12:02 AM

The U.K. acted too late and then made a shambles of everything. Ireland did well initially but reopened incorrectly and made a balls of it and are now back in level 5 lockdown. We should be looking at these other countries who are several weeks ahead of us and learn. Take what we can from the countries that did well. Learn from the mistakes of others. As the richest country in the world we should have used the pandemic to bring in healthcare reform. We should have widespread testing. We should have masks and sanatizer in every business. We should have a proper welfare scheme to help those out of work. We should be the shining light to all other countries but we are a complete joke.

by Anonymousreply 95October 26, 2020 12:32 PM

[quote]Cancer patients can't get treatment - screw them.

for good measure I blocked R46 the cunt. if any cancer patients aren't getting treatment the only reason is that covid rates are skyrocketing and hospitals are overwhelmed again

by Anonymousreply 96October 26, 2020 12:44 PM

Biden's statement:

“White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows stunningly admitted this morning that the administration has given up on even trying to control this pandemic, that they’ve given up on their basic duty to protect the American people,” the former vice president said.

“This wasn’t a slip by Meadows, it was a candid acknowledgment of what President Trump’s strategy has clearly been from the beginning of this crisis: to wave the white flag of defeat and hope that by ignoring it, the virus would simply go away,” he continued. “It hasn’t, and it won’t.”

Biden said it was “sadly no surprise” that the coronavirus continues to “rage unchecked across the country and even in the White House itself.”

“The grim reality is that we continue to set records for new cases, and the fact that the head of the White House’s coronavirus task force has an outbreak in his office and yet still refuses to follow CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] guidelines shows us exactly why,” Biden said.

“It’s long past time for President Trump and his administration to listen to the scientists, take action, and finally take seriously the threat of a virus that’s costing thousands of lives each week, shuttering our schools, and forcing millions of Americans out of work,” Biden said

by Anonymousreply 97October 26, 2020 1:20 PM

Thank you, Biden

by Anonymousreply 98October 26, 2020 1:22 PM

Ah, to get trapped by your own encouragement of Q-Anon conspiracies, Don. All you had to do was make masks mandatory and support the fact that they work, and that alone would have given you some sort of Covid plan.

by Anonymousreply 99October 26, 2020 1:24 PM

When the president's plan is to - *ahem* - get and miraculously recover from Covid in 3 days to pretend the disease is a nothingburger, you kind of know you're dealing with an administration that plays out of the Loony Tunes playbook.

by Anonymousreply 100October 26, 2020 1:26 PM

Hate to say it, but I don't think Republican voters will care. They all think it's a PLANDEMIC anyway and that forcing people to wear masks is the first step in total suppression, blah, blah, blah.

Frankly, they probably think this is a good idea and I'm afraid that Biden's statements of mask mandates will lose him votes.

by Anonymousreply 101October 26, 2020 2:02 PM

The guy at about 2:50 is all you need to know about Trump supporters. Although they’re all equally uninformed. All they know is the talking points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 26, 2020 2:08 PM

If this man had half a brain and listened to the scientific community and actually heeded their recommendations, he could’ve controlled the spread of the virus and become a hero. He would’ve been re-elected in a Reagan-esque fashion.

Fortunately, he and his cabal are too stupid, but that didn’t help over 200,000 Americans and several million more.

by Anonymousreply 103October 26, 2020 2:20 PM

And now hospitals in Utah are rationing and may get to a point where they decide who lives and who dies. Wasn’t it Palin that warned the ACA would result in Death Panels? The hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me.

by Anonymousreply 104October 26, 2020 2:22 PM

Re r104.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 26, 2020 2:23 PM

Now Meadows is cowering at home after an alleged "security incident" gave him a convenient cover to avoid doing press

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 26, 2020 2:24 PM

The last guy interviewed at R102's link is making four times with Trump as President than Obama because he works for a debt relief company.

by Anonymousreply 107October 26, 2020 2:27 PM

[quote]The last guy interviewed at [R102]'s link is making four times with Trump

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 108October 26, 2020 2:28 PM

This HAS to be a DLer, r106...

JAO@jao_1989 · 2h Replying to @_WilliamsonBen and @maggieNYT

Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 109October 26, 2020 2:45 PM

Trump claims the media are collaborating to report on COVID and steal the election from the Repugs ... or something:

We have made tremendous progress with the China Virus, but the Fake News refuses to talk about it this close to the Election. COVID, COVID, COVID is being used by them, in total coordination, in order to change our great early election numbers.Should be an election law violation!

Cases up because we TEST, TEST, TEST. A Fake News Media Conspiracy. Many young people who heal very fast. 99.9%. Corrupt Media conspiracy at all time high. On November 4th., topic will totally change. VOTE!

The Fake News Media is riding COVID, COVID, COVID, all the way to the Election. Losers!

by Anonymousreply 110October 26, 2020 3:03 PM

I raise my hands and I surrender.....

by Anonymousreply 111October 26, 2020 3:07 PM

The sad part is there are people who will believe what was posted at r110 resulting in even more denial, masklessness and death.

by Anonymousreply 112October 26, 2020 3:17 PM

If he wants to give up fighting COVID and for the American people,so be it. But, step the fuck aside and let Joe Biden and his people WHO ARE READY AND WILLING TO FIGHT FOR US ALL, take over! Fuck this lazy, spineless, lying orange shitbag! Fuck his lazy, spineless, useless, ignorant supporters! Real Americans never give up, shitbags! GFY you lazy bitches and let the real Americans take the helm!

by Anonymousreply 113October 26, 2020 3:42 PM

Australia is considering including China among the countries with which it will share a "travel bubble", so our authorities seem to think there's a real chance they've got it under control.

by Anonymousreply 114October 26, 2020 3:49 PM

"Just two days after announcing the discovery of a single asymptomatic case of the novel coronavirus, authorities in China's Kashgar area said they have tested 4.5 million residents, nearly the entire population."

Yeah, they're not playing around.

by Anonymousreply 115October 26, 2020 3:53 PM

r45 for the first time in fifty years my family is not having Thanksgiving and a very small, masked and socially distanced Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 116October 26, 2020 4:13 PM

r45 is a troll, r116.

by Anonymousreply 117October 26, 2020 4:25 PM

Referring to a Biden supporter as "rabid" should be a giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 118October 26, 2020 4:27 PM

This is R45 and I am not a troll. I am just very angry at something that I just witnessed. A woman with whom I work has worked on the Biden campaign and has had her family socially distance, etc. The kids haven't even been allowed to see their grandparents. However, I saw her the other day and she said that her son, who is a senior in high school and his friends had a " Homecoming Dance" at the home of some friends. She showed me pictures of 15 boys and their dates, not one of them masked nor socially distant. She said, " I hope none of them are sick, because they did not mask and there was probably a lot of close interaction." I asked why she would allow her son to attend something that irresponsible and she replied that it's his senior year and they have had so much taken away already, so they just wanted to get together with friends and have a good time. Of course, the kids were not all from the same school, nor the same city. I was in that frame of mind when I wrote about rabid Biden supporters, which she certainly is. But, when it came to what her kid wanted, she couldn't say," No." I believe that it is not only the deplorables who will have big gatherings during the holidays, but many Dems also. The Covid fatigue will overcome many at a time where we must be the most careful.

by Anonymousreply 119October 26, 2020 5:19 PM

R95 I agree with your analysis. Just nitpicking however to say the USA is not "the richest country in the world".

by Anonymousreply 120October 26, 2020 5:46 PM

Meanwhile over in Europe. As reported in today's Guardian:

"In France, the head of the scientific council that advises the government, Jean-François Delfraissy, said the real number of infections in the country was probably twice the official figure and close to 100,000 a day."

"“We lost control of the epidemic but that doesn’t date from yesterday,” he told the broadcaster France Info. “We lost control of the epidemic several weeks ago already.”"

"The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, has said her country is on the verge of losing control of its fight against the coronavirus pandemic..."

Belgium: "Pressure is building on the country’s hospitals, where 467 people are being admitted on average each day, a rise of 85%. Almost 5,000 people have been admitted, more than 750 of them in intensive care, according to the latest data."

by Anonymousreply 121October 26, 2020 6:15 PM

People who support this crap are pathetic. Just absolute losers with no hope of ever understanding the world or navigating outside of deploraville.

If you can’t tell this is a HUGE CON JOB FROM A MILE AWAY then you are a COMPLETELY STUPID IDIOT FOOL FOR THE AGES!!!!

by Anonymousreply 122October 26, 2020 6:17 PM

R45 made the common DL error of taking the behavior of one or two people and assuming it represented the behavior of an entire group of people.

by Anonymousreply 123October 26, 2020 6:22 PM

Or, they just have rabies, r123.

by Anonymousreply 124October 26, 2020 6:28 PM

How do you feel about pizza restaurants with basements r122?

by Anonymousreply 125October 26, 2020 6:29 PM

Read r122's post again, r125.

by Anonymousreply 126October 26, 2020 6:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!