Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYPD officers shilling for Trump on duty

NYPD officers in Flatbush were allegedly saying “Trump 2020” over and over again on their patrol car’s speaker tonight.

They stopped when someone started filming but couldn’t resist one more — in violation of the NYPD’s policy against endorsing candidates on duty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 31, 2020 2:24 PM

You think cops are going to support Biden, OP? Be real.

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2020 4:34 AM

R1 - that is not the point. I could not care less who they support in the election; they just can't do it on the dime of NYC tax payers' time. They need to save their political shenanigans for when they are out of uniform at home on Staten Island.

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2020 4:38 AM

Shithole city

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2020 4:39 AM

r1, did you even read the post? They're not supposed to be endorsing anyone on duty

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2020 4:43 AM

I realize cops are total fucking cement heads, but what the fuck do they see in a lily-livered, draft dodging, retarded trust fund brat like Trump?

Oh, I forgot, all cops are TOTAL MORONS!

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2020 4:51 AM

R4 He read it. He doesn't care. He thinks cops have a right to do anything, including murdering black and brown people in cold blood for sport.

It's part of "BACKIN' THE BLUE" to morons like R1. Total impunity

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 5:06 AM

Try being a cop in New York for one day; it will turn you into a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 12:56 PM

Sipowicz would definitely vote for Trump, but how about Lenny Briscoe?

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 12:59 PM

R7 - so much to unwrap in that statement. So which particular Trump policies attracts you to him? Are there any of his policies or postures that you do not support?

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2020 3:19 PM

Assholes

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2020 5:04 PM

Unfortunately most of the cops that work in major cities do not actually live in them - although that should be a prerequisite for the job.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 5:13 PM

[quote] Try being a cop in New York for one day; it will turn you into a Trump supporter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 6:16 PM

Hey, R12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2020 6:48 PM

R9, I support NOTHING that Trump stands for, but I have a cousin who is a New York cop. Fortunately, he hasn't turned to Trump, but the shit he gets from the people and the bureaucracy is very discouraging. The mayor's office is the biggest hindrance to their doing their jobs. Many cops are so bitter, they begin to believe the " Law and Order" crap from Trump. Then, the " Defund the Police" movement sealed it for them.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2020 6:53 PM

Police want a police state? Who’d have thought it?

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2020 7:12 PM

Most NYPD cops are shaped like Trump, so that's a point of identification for them.

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 7:14 PM

Suspend the officers without pay. I doubt they'll give them more than that.

Their day is over, let them rant and rave and cry into the dark. Their racist, violent, thug-hero is losing.

Since he'll never take New York under any circumstance, I don't know why they are bothering to promote him there unless they want to get fired, which can be accommodated.

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 7:19 PM

LOL @R7 who clearly does not live in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2020 7:22 PM

R5 They see in Trump what they see in all populists: a surrogate father figure. What attracts so many people to populists is the fact that they are seen as "strong" men that can rescue them from ruin. They crave the return of the pater familias - a man that tells them what to do.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2020 7:22 PM

And we're supposed to take them seriously as believing in law and order when they worship someone who thinks the law shouldn't apply to him or his family and has called soldiers suckers and losers and has attacked the justice dept and FBI.

This is why so many think cops are very stupid thugs and motherfuckers. They're full of shit and deserve no respect for they clearly don't even believe in what they're supposed to do.

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2020 7:26 PM

De Blasio hates cops so much that he's hiring 900 more of them in the middle of furloughs for other city agencies. Some anti-cop communist, am I right? /s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2020 8:26 PM

^ This, by the way, is exactly why Defund the Police is such a popular slogan in NYC, why Biden is a fucking moron to oppose it and why R7, R13 and R14 can eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2020 8:28 PM

R21, you think that means he likes cops?

Cops retire by the hundreds every year. This year it’s in the thousands. He has no choice but to replace the ones leaving, or at least most of them. Believe me, if he didn’t have to he wouldn’t.

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2020 8:37 PM

Trump is a racist. Cops are racist.

by Anonymousreply 24October 25, 2020 8:44 PM

This is why cops shoot black people and liberal protesters, but not deplorables marching around with guns

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2020 8:45 PM

[quote] Try being a cop in New York for one day; it will turn you into a Trump supporter.

I don't want to be a cop. Any cops who aren't up to the job or find the job too hard should resign.

by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2020 8:47 PM

[Quote] He has no choice but to replace the ones leaving, or at least most of them.

He has a choice. Don't replace them. The fact that he is even hiring any more shows that he's a bootlicker.

Oh and this is what NYC thinks of you and the pigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2020 8:49 PM

And what is this about in Red Hook...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2020 4:04 AM

All cops are racist; all gays are pedophiles.

by Anonymousreply 29October 26, 2020 4:26 AM

^I believe they gave it all back.

The NYPD suck and anyone who thinks their job is hard, doesn't live in NYC. Not a more lazy bunch of assholes will you find.

by Anonymousreply 30October 26, 2020 6:39 AM

R8, I have it on good authority that Lennie Briscoe would definitely be all "A plague on both your houses!" No time for politicians or ex-wives!

by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2020 9:59 AM

R29 All straight men are secretly pedophiles

by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2020 10:24 AM

Olivia Benson would never do this!!!

by Anonymousreply 33October 26, 2020 5:14 PM

Since they like Republicans so much, they should be on the receiving end of Republican policies/treatment -- gut their fat pensions and all of their very generous benefits!

by Anonymousreply 34October 26, 2020 5:17 PM

Doing this shit while on duty is unacceptable.

Vote for who you want in your private life, but when you are on the job being paid by the taxpayers is not time to campaign for a candidate.

Period. No excuses.

by Anonymousreply 35October 26, 2020 5:20 PM

Doing this shit while on duty is unacceptable.

Vote for who you want in your private life, but when you are on the job being paid by the taxpayers is not time to campaign for a candidate.

Totally agreed, but because they're cops, they'll likely get a slap on the wrist (if that) & nothing else

by Anonymousreply 36October 26, 2020 5:36 PM

the cop that did that was suspended without pay.

Cops/Trump

why do you think Trump got away with so much in NY? who was he paying off? 3 guesses. this is why he loves them and praises them and why they support him

by Anonymousreply 37October 26, 2020 5:43 PM

Because Trump will make it all better? Guess what--it's been 4 years of Trump already.

by Anonymousreply 38October 26, 2020 5:55 PM

Military brass liked Dump at first because he was a shoot first/ask questions later, don't hold a million meetings kind of guy. But the new car smell wore off quickly & they realized what he's really like: the contempt he has for them and disrespect for chain of command. If you asked many rank & file military personnel, however, they probably still support him.

For cops, however, their leadership is dominated by the unions and the union leadership only cares about holding onto power - they don't seem to care that Dump's willingness to let them bust heads/shoot people erodes public confidence and tarnishes the esteem and goodwill people generally have for law enforcement. So cops are still all in for Dump, even though he hurts them in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 39October 26, 2020 6:10 PM

GOP-voting union members are that truly special brand of fucking retard!

by Anonymousreply 40October 26, 2020 6:31 PM

Surpassed only by the trailer-dwelling medicaid-dependent sect, R40

by Anonymousreply 41October 26, 2020 6:37 PM

dwelling, medicaid*

by Anonymousreply 42October 26, 2020 6:38 PM

The irony is Trump wants to cut funding for "anarchist" cities (like NYC) and blue states (like NY).

Who gets fired first when there's a federal funding cut? Police, firemen, teachers

by Anonymousreply 43October 26, 2020 6:41 PM

^ There are also plenty of cities in the red states with higher crime rates than NYC or the other "anarchist" cities

by Anonymousreply 44October 26, 2020 7:07 PM

Yeah cause the proud boys make it all better.

by Anonymousreply 45October 26, 2020 7:27 PM

Spend 20 minutes of watching audit the auditors' videos on youtube. 99% of them are cops violating the basic rights of people like demanding they give ID when no crime has been committed. There is a basic assumption of Police they can do whatever the fuck they want. You have to ask for a supervisor all the time. One I saw a guy who worked at Walmart had his wife drop him off and someone in the parking lot called him in as a suspicious man. The cop demanded ID, accused him of stealing and tased him within 5 minutes of approaching him. Another I saw a guy get handcuffed in his own home, and taken to jail. He said to the cop "What am I being charged with," and he yelled back "It doesn't matter." Then he said "You never even read me my rights," and he replied 'I don't have to read you your rights," - and studies have shown the Police lie on their reports 10% of the time. Cops will turn off thier mics and body cams and claim they malfunctioned. There might be good cops but they won't turn in the bad ones.

by Anonymousreply 46October 26, 2020 7:37 PM

New York actually has quite a low crime rate. Pretty much the lowest of all major cities.

by Anonymousreply 47October 26, 2020 8:08 PM

So, have the assholes been suspended or fired yet?

by Anonymousreply 48October 26, 2020 8:08 PM

Yes, r48, the cop in question has been suspended without pay.

by Anonymousreply 49October 26, 2020 8:13 PM

R46, I agree with you wholeheartedly and enjoy those videos myself. I have to take exception, however, with this:

[quote] Then he said "You never even read me my rights," and he replied 'I don't have to read you your rights,"

Too many people watch too many police shows where, upon arrest the perp is automatically read his Miranda rights. That’s TV.

Unless the officer intends on questioning you about a crime while you’re in police custody, a Miranda warning is not necessary.

Many people seem to think the words “you’re under arrest” ALWAYS have to be followed by “you have the right to remain silent...” but that’s not accurate.

by Anonymousreply 50October 26, 2020 8:18 PM

[quote] Miranda rights are only required when the police are questioning you in the context of a criminal investigation and hope to or desire to use your statements as evidence against you. Otherwise, Miranda doesn't apply and they're not required to be read.

by Anonymousreply 51October 26, 2020 8:36 PM

Thanks for solidifying my point, r51.

by Anonymousreply 52October 26, 2020 8:37 PM

[quote] All cops are racist; all gays are pedophiles.

Racism is endemic in policing. It's a provable fact. You seem to be suggesting therefore pedophilia is endemic within gay culture. That most gay people are pedophiles. Because most cops, like most white people in this country, hold racist beliefs. We know this through surveying racist attitudes among whites and the glaring societal inequities.

by Anonymousreply 53October 26, 2020 10:14 PM

What's sick is the caucasians here that get off on seeing black people tortured and degraded by police and will generate any number of falsehoods, canards and justifications for it have historically not had a friend in the police, either. A little bit of social acceptance and the rainbow flag klan hoods come out.

by Anonymousreply 54October 26, 2020 10:23 PM

r54 sorry who is that? Don't mistake the Russian trolls here for us.

by Anonymousreply 55October 28, 2020 1:46 PM

"Try being a cop in New York for one day; it will turn you into a Trump supporter"

This is the attitude that gets us into trouble. Only The Donald can save us. Daddy will protect us, Joe won't. We need a Dictator, a badass Ayatollah. Law and order. Protect the suburbs!

by Anonymousreply 56October 28, 2020 1:52 PM

R7 being an NYPD cop will turn you into a racist moron who believes the racist, Cheeto-hued, draft-dodging, snob, flim-flam puppet of Russia is the answer to a better America?

by Anonymousreply 57October 28, 2020 2:09 PM

I got into a "discussion" with a NYPD cop. He decided to start a conversation because of my BLM t-shirt. I told him I had no idea if he was a good cop or a bad cop but I had a question. Had he ever seen one of his "brothers" do something bad and he answered yes. I asked him if he turned him in and he laughed. I told him that was the problem. He called me a fag and left.

by Anonymousreply 58October 31, 2020 2:01 PM

You know what would be interesting? If all the police/police unions came out in full support for gun control. Serious gun control. If not to the extent of “only permitting muskets” or whatever antique rifle it was, then banning selling at gun shows, extensive background checks, no assault rifles at all, limiting the number you can own...the whole enchilada.

If the police came out and fully supported that—because let’s face it, it would make their job easier—then they’d get some of the respect they are demanding.

It’s not completely unrealistic, the sheriff in my area supported legalization of marijuana, and made commercials saying that, because he was tired of arresting people for it and it prevented his men from investigating more serious crimes.

by Anonymousreply 59October 31, 2020 2:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!