Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends- The Morgan Townhouse

Perhaps the former Mrs. JP Morgan has fixed the elevator by now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 26, 2020 1:51 AM

Stripped of all character and so narrow .

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2020 2:21 AM

It’s beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2020 2:25 AM

Gorgeous. The house keeper should be fired, grungy fridge, water spots.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2020 2:27 AM

I’ve never seen a house with so many sofas. Check out the video. There’s one in the dining room. It’s not right.

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2020 2:53 AM

I hate the dining room.

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2020 3:17 AM

It's a little underwhelming for a Morgan property. I wonder why Sonja decided to sell. She prizes all connections to that family.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 3:24 AM

Is it next to a car park?

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 3:30 AM

She's been trying to sell the dump for years. no takers. This house is next to a parking garage...noise...

Also at the end of the street on 3rd ave is a brand new subway entrance. lots of foot traffic. There is also another subway station entrance on lexington ave. across the street, there is a public plaza with seating on 3rd ave where people hang out...i.e. homeless with their shopping carts.

I'm sure you can think of better ways to waste your millions...

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 3:32 AM

I wouldn’t turn it down as a gift, but I’d be concerned about the cars entering & exiting the parking garage two steps from the front door. The interior seems roomy vs a typical NYC place. I’d definitely want the HVAC systems on the roof carefully examined. Sonja seems like the kind of person who would defer a lot of maintenance until the merde hits the oscillator. Those rooftop units are big bucks to repair or replace.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2020 3:36 AM

Sonja Morgan was having money problems, incl. bankruptcy for years. She got involved in a failed movie-making venture involving Travolta, got sued, $7 million judgment against her.

She should have sold this house long, long ago. She was living in it like it was Grey Gardens: broken elevator, no heat (bundled up inside the house), etc.

I do like the town house, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2020 4:12 AM

Quite stunning. The garden is a gem.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 4:32 AM

Will some crazed RHONY fan buy it?

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 4:36 AM

I do NOT like that the entry is below street level.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2020 5:17 AM

Is there an exit from the garden. Where do you go if the front door is blocked and need to escape?

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2020 5:26 AM

I don't think I'd enjoy your secret fantasy life, R14.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2020 6:09 AM

Man, I took some good shits on those carpets.

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 6:17 AM

[quote]Owned and renovated by Mrs. John Adams Morgan . . .

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 6:19 AM

The floorplan is kooky. Why the two massive bathroom? Who would be impressed with all that wasted space?

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2020 6:24 AM

But it has Eau de Ramona.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2020 12:41 PM

Yeah, the massive bathrooms were head-scratchers. You could probably turn them into more of a dressing room situation.

Also, the kitchen is facing the view, which is nice, but unusual for the NYC apartments in Tasteful Friends. Usually, the kitchens are in the backs of the apartments.

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2020 7:32 PM

I'm sure Sonja was fucked in every single room of that house.

No.

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2020 7:49 PM

No garage. What do you do with your car? I guess it can go in the parking garage next door. And the dining room on the second floor? And the bedrooms stacked above? You'll spend your life in the elevator.

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2020 7:54 PM

She also "washed" (dunked) her face in one of the bidets, i.e., the place where people wash their asses. She was trying to be cute for RHONY, but it was absolutely disgusting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2020 7:56 PM

[quote]No garage. What do you do with your car?

I have a suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 24October 25, 2020 7:56 PM

I'd struggle to enjoy that garden with those windows of the opposite building overlooking them. Or am I just bizarrely private?

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2020 8:01 PM

[quote]Man, I took some good shits on those carpets.

Me too, man,

Me too

by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2020 8:17 PM

R25, it's just you. People who live in large, dense cities are accustomed to the idea that a e now somewhere might overlook them.

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2020 8:31 PM

Well, stop looking at me!!!!

I'm hideous!!

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2020 8:34 PM

Where does she live now? It looks like some Glenwold type 70s rental building?

Downsizing is never fun.

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2020 8:37 PM

Glenwood*

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2020 8:37 PM

I hate it.

Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2020 8:56 PM

It's tainted.

by Anonymousreply 32October 25, 2020 8:57 PM

She'll get 6 million tops for it.

by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2020 9:05 PM

She ain't getting shit. Bad location.

by Anonymousreply 34October 25, 2020 9:36 PM

R34 the house has plenty of other issues but not the location, what are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2020 10:15 PM

Pleasant enough place, with some nice furniture and fittings, but the rest looks as if it has been lifted from a McMansion. Its surprisingly underwhelming, especially the lounge in the first pic. Filled with period furnishings it would look so much better. I'd also extend the ground floor lounge into what is now marked as an office, so it would flow directly into the garden. Put the office in one of the bedrooms

by Anonymousreply 36October 25, 2020 10:38 PM

Disappointing

by Anonymousreply 37October 25, 2020 10:54 PM

Sorry- missed again. Tacky Friend.

by Anonymousreply 38October 25, 2020 11:03 PM

The parking garage entrance that is 5' from the door (if that) is so tacky. No way.

by Anonymousreply 39October 25, 2020 11:13 PM

Worked a party there in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 40October 25, 2020 11:15 PM

The nec plus ultra of the Upper East Side is the west side of Lexington Ave. This place is east of Lexington where there are mews and walk-ups and poor people.

by Anonymousreply 41October 25, 2020 11:22 PM

R27, they may be "used to it", but in this case it means the bedroom curtains must be drawn pretty much all the time you're in there. There's not even one bedroom (that we saw) that doesn't have neighbors' windows a few feet away. It not just sex or changing clothes; who wants some stranger watching them while they sleep?

by Anonymousreply 42October 25, 2020 11:22 PM

It looks a helluva lot better than it used to but it is next to a parking garage

by Anonymousreply 43October 25, 2020 11:27 PM

All I see out of the windows is other people’s windows. I get living in a city but there is usually one redeeming view, at least at this price point. Where is it here? The facade of the building behind it is charmless and depressing.

by Anonymousreply 44October 25, 2020 11:33 PM

R41 that’s really West of third — at least 79th and below. Many many many of the blue chip co-ops are between lex and third. West of Lex is splitting hairs a bit.

by Anonymousreply 45October 25, 2020 11:36 PM

Did all those companies pay to have their names mentioned in the description? It reads like Starr Jones' wedding diary.

by Anonymousreply 46October 25, 2020 11:36 PM

A bidet in an American bathroom? How very pretentious.

[quote]I’ve never seen a house with so many sofas. Check out the video. There’s one in the dining room. It’s not right.

There's also one in the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 47October 25, 2020 11:44 PM

I really like the place a lot. Would be even better if you could buy the next door property (the garage) and turn it into an extension of the house.

by Anonymousreply 48October 25, 2020 11:44 PM

Maybe Sonja should try to snag one of those mafia parking dons. That's the only way that parking garage is going away.

by Anonymousreply 49October 26, 2020 12:47 AM

I think it's reasonably priced for a townhouse - that may be the COVID price.

She needs to dump that place - the taxes and maintenance alone were probably killing her.

She was insane to keep it so many years anyway - unless, she didn't have a choice? Wasn't the divorce a long, drawn-out process? She may not have been able to sell it until the divorce was final?

by Anonymousreply 50October 26, 2020 1:20 AM

R29- Sonja now lives in the (Bravo paid for) apt that Dorinda lived in while she was on the show.

by Anonymousreply 51October 26, 2020 1:28 AM

Being next to a parking garage is a positive. You can park your car(s) there.

by Anonymousreply 52October 26, 2020 1:28 AM

Sonja has had it on the market for years, but doesn't want to sell it. Per a interview with one of her old interns/assistants (who made $200 a week), Sonja would not clean before a showing, left the dogs out and generally did everything she could to sabotage it from going under contract.

by Anonymousreply 53October 26, 2020 1:29 AM

It looks like a "Dollhouse of the Damned" came to life full sized.

by Anonymousreply 54October 26, 2020 1:36 AM

So narrow and claustrophobic.

by Anonymousreply 55October 26, 2020 1:39 AM

The bathrooms are too big.

by Anonymousreply 56October 26, 2020 1:43 AM

That's BS. Nobody wants to buy the dump! Many townhouses on this street has tried to sell but no takers. This is a busy street and has 2 subway stations on either end...lots and lots of foot traffic. bad location. and there are always homeless people hanging out at one end. Now...would you spend 8 million bucks to live there? lol.

by Anonymousreply 57October 26, 2020 1:46 AM

The parking garage should be a huge negative - however, a couple of items that may make it less of a nightmare:

1) It doesn't appear to have doors - so there wouldn't be the constant opening and closing of a gate, which would be hard to sleep through

2) The parking garage looks to be part of the condo building next door. I wouldn't expect a lot of NY'ers to be using their cars that often and any overflow parking they have for non-residents would be in the daytime, most likely.

by Anonymousreply 58October 26, 2020 1:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!