Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I just read The Naked Civil Servant again, but after many years.

It's even better than I remembered.

He was very handsome when he was young, don't you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 26, 2020 12:33 PM

Great hair. LOL.

Only on DL.

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2020 11:15 PM

No dear. He's got the body of a pipe cleaner and he ended up looking like Dame Sybil Thorndike.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2020 11:25 PM

He had more guts than anyone around here. He was a giant walking "bash me" billboard when nobody else was.

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 11:34 PM

But was he shamed and arrested by the morality police like poor Johnny on 20 October 1953.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 11:52 PM

He took abuse from straights and then after that mostly stopped, he had to take shit from the gays for setting a bad example.

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2020 12:48 AM

The bath was lovely last night.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 12:59 AM

WTF with that hair?

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 1:01 AM

I believe the hair was also fire engine red.

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 1:09 AM

In the younger picture, he looks like Ernest Thesiger.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2020 1:14 AM

He really does look OK in that pic, but if you've read about his sanitary standards, you know that he probably smelled like mothballs, cabbage, and poo.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2020 1:24 AM

One of my favorite books ever. John Hurt is also incredible in the tv movie version.

by Anonymousreply 11October 26, 2020 12:19 PM

Handsome?

Derren Stevens with a fright wig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 26, 2020 12:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!