Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you watching CNN's "First Ladies" series?

Michelle, Jackie and Nance have already been profiled. Up next is our dykiest First Lady, Eleanor, followed by Lady Bird and Hillary.

Are you watching it? What about it have you found most interesting? In your opinion, which FLOTUS is missing from the lineup and why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 26, 2020 6:52 PM

Uh, OP, get a life, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2020 10:43 PM

R1 = Melania, suspiciously absent from the series and obviously jealous.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2020 10:47 PM

Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 10:48 PM

The Michelle episode was excellent. I enjoyed it and learned a lot. Covered a lot of ground and dug deep into the major points.

The Nancy episode seemed rushed, like they were cramming so much into 60 mins., they had to rush over so many things. Would have been better as a 90 min episode, like the Michelle one,

The Jackie episode also felt a little rushed (not as much as the Nancy one). Again, this would have been better as a 90 min episode.

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 10:52 PM

C Span series was better

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2020 10:57 PM

The Nancy episode surprised me the most. She was very conniving but she was behind some of the few good things Reagan did.

I'd forgotten that horrible wallpaper of all the blackbirds that she picked out for their bedroom. I was like something out the Hitchcock's The Birds.

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2020 10:59 PM

"Um, HELLO, CNN? I'm still alive and available for an in-person retrospective!"

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2020 11:00 PM

[quote]"Um, HELLO, CNN? I'm still alive and available for an in-person retrospective!" —Rosalyn Carter

But Rosie, you didn't do much of anything while in office. At least not enough to fill up a 60 minute time slot with interesting info that will keep the audience watching for the full 60 minutes.

Same with Bess, Mamie, Pat, Barb and Laura.

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 1:38 AM

Rosalynn wasn't picked because of her friendship with serial killer John Wayne Gacy.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2020 1:41 AM

R8 Tales of my cuntery could *easily* fill an hourlong slot, you low-class bottom feeder.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2020 1:48 AM

R8 You forgot me, shit stain. But then again, everyone does.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 1:51 AM

R8 Oh please. Lady Bird planted some flowers and pissed off Eartha Kitt. When it was time to leave the White House, I had to play nice with that Hyannisport jezebel, Jackie. My suffering was great. And that whore and the ugly dyke get their own hour? Well! I *never* in all my life!

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 1:57 AM

I love Jackie and while I enjoyed what there was I also felt it was rushed..... I could watch another two hours of Jackie and alll that she did. I get it. They're covering "First Ladies" so what Jackie did with the rest of her life wasn't relevant to this series.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2020 2:02 AM

What part of Melania’s life are they going to cover? Her illustrious career as a hooker? Her illustrious modelling career with all 4 photos? That time she dyked out on camera? Or what about the time she plagiarized an actual college graduate? Seems her biography is more suited for Playboy TV than CNN.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2020 2:08 AM

Betty @ r11. Your greatest claim to fame happened AFTER you left the White House, AFTER you were First Lady.

If you'd gotten sober and started a rehab center WHILE in the White House, we could easily have filled 60 minutes on you. Probably 90.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2020 2:15 AM

I wonder why Melania's story hasn't been covered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 2:19 AM

R9 And Jim Jones. Don't forget him!

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 2:23 AM

R17, yes but there are no incriminating photos with Jones. There are plenty with Gacy.

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2020 2:25 AM

Jackie was our greatest First Lady.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2020 2:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2020 2:34 AM

R18 what are you talking about? There exist at least 3 photos of RC and JJ together. Just do a Google image search.

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2020 2:35 AM

I'm a bit surprised that Michelle hated living in the White House so much. Also, I'm sure Melanoma is glad Nancy took the first prize for least liked and not her. Not surprised that Hillary was the hardest working First Lady.

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2020 3:11 AM

Betty Ford invented heterosexual anal sex in Grand Rapids MI in 1948.

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2020 3:17 AM

Lou Hoover was a man, baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 25, 2020 3:19 AM

An episode about Melania would be a pron show. What a nasty bitch. They ought to call her FWOTUS (First Whore of the Unites States)

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2020 3:20 AM

You know it was Rosalynn Carter who had the first international conference on Women's Right, etc in the early 80]s at the Carter PResidential Center. At the time it was extremely significant. And Lady Bird's highway beautification program was significant. The highways of America looked like shit before she started her environmental cause. planting trees is no small thing. People do not realize Lady Bird was also a business woman. She wasn't pouring tea for all those years.

by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2020 3:34 AM

They should do something on lesser known First Ladies and really tell it. Florence Harding was very interesting. And Edith Wilson was President while her husband was semi comatose from a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2020 3:35 AM

"Let's not speak to Posy — I mean, Melania — today."

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2020 3:35 AM

Pat Nixon certainly deserves a shot. She probably suffered the most except for the ones whose husbands were assassinated (Mary Todd Lincoln, Lucretia Garfield, Ida McKinley, and Jackie Kennedy).

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2020 4:05 AM

[quote]Pat Nixon certainly deserves a shot. She probably suffered the most except for the ones whose husbands were assassinated (Mary Todd Lincoln, Lucretia Garfield, Ida McKinley, and Jackie Kennedy).

"This is the presidential suite? I bet Pat Nixon got fucked in this room. Call downstairs and ASK if Pat Nixon got fucked in this room!"

"But ... Mrs. Nixon was a stroke victim!"

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2020 4:07 AM

Ok DL, help me out. After watching the episode on Eleanor Roosevelt, I feel compelled to read her biography. Has anyone read one or have an idea of what is best?

by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2020 6:35 PM

[quote] Lady Bird

Oh, I wish I could be a first lady!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2020 6:44 PM

R19 - Eleanor Roosevelt was the greatest First Lady. Her towering presence in the her tireless fight for basic human rights for people of color and the poor was truly extraordinary for her time in which she lived. She accomplished things that seem monumental during her husband's tenure. Since her husband didn't travel, she did his work and she was his eyes and ears of what people were thinking in the country. She was also influential at the United Nations after the President died.

by Anonymousreply 33October 26, 2020 6:45 PM

R33 And she scissored and ate pussy like a champ!

by Anonymousreply 34October 26, 2020 6:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!