Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Exorcist

In the lead up to Halloween I am watching the TV series of The Exorcist that was a few years ago. Screw Fox for cancelling it!!! After Season 2 I will watch the films again.

The possessed family consisting of parents Alan Ruck and Geena Davis and two teen girls don’t manage to be annoying. Alfonso Herrera is hot and Ben Daniels is excellent. I love how committed he and the show is that this is a universe where demons exist and exorcisms work. Daniels plays the priest like l could very well be a magician casting spells like Merlin or Gandalf. And they make it plausible that these two men who look how they look would become priests. Am only a few episodes in but I think Daniels’ character is gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 22, 2021 2:51 PM

Enjoyed this series a lot. I like the older experienced exorcist more than Father Tomas.

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2020 8:49 PM

The scene where Geena Davis reveals who she actually is was one the best of the series.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2020 8:54 PM

Season 3 please

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 9:06 PM

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste, I've been around for a long, long year, Stole many a man's soul to waste

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ Had his moment of doubt and pain, Made damn sure that Pilate Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you, Hope you guess my name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 9:07 PM

I enjoyed the series too, it was silly but good fun, and I always like seeing Sharon Gless pop up when I'm not expecting her.

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2020 9:28 PM

I’ve not actually seen the second season with John Cho, is it worth it?

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 5:10 AM

I didn't see it either, but apparently, they just went for it and had Ben Daniels' character in a relationship with another man.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 5:23 AM

I loved the second season as much as the first. Was so disappointed that it got cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 5:32 AM

Just got halfway through and I'm ashamed that I didn't pick Geena Davis' identity. She looks plausibly like a middle-aged version of the young Linda Blair. I figured out all the the people at the fancy dinner were Satanists, though, when the academic spoke about how awesome fallen angels are. And the head of the teamsters was present. The head of the teamsters would, of course, worship the horned one.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2020 12:10 PM

They weren't afraid to say the P-word.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2020 12:54 PM

I really liked the first season. There were too many annoying kids in the second.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 1:00 PM

How did Pazuzu get to Chicago? Via Geena Davis?

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 8:12 PM

[quote]How did Pazuzu get to Chicago?

Used the same travel agent that got the shark from Jaws The Revenge from Martha's Vineyard to the Bahamas.

by Anonymousreply 13October 26, 2020 1:24 AM

Pazuzu is the Demon of the Wind, so Chicago makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 14October 26, 2020 1:26 AM

Maybe it turned into a locust.

by Anonymousreply 15October 26, 2020 1:27 AM

So Pazuzu got from Iraq to Georgetown on the wind as well? I assumed some minor government functionary picked up a totchke in the Middle East and broke it or left in his house.

by Anonymousreply 16October 26, 2020 6:06 AM

Do you people really think that demons have to get on a plane to travel?

Pazuzu like all demons exists in the spirit realm, another plane of existence. He can enter our reality by being summoned or in several other ways. Regan summons him unknowingly using a ouija board.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 26, 2020 6:38 AM

I want Ben Daniels in me quite deeply.

I’d gladly suck his cock - in hell, or in any other spiritual realm of his choosing.

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2020 6:56 AM

This was one of the only shows I watched in Fox. Pity it was cancelled

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2020 9:04 AM

[quote]Do you people really think that demons have to get on a plane to travel? Pazuzu like all demons exists in the spirit realm, another plane of existence. He can enter our reality by being summoned or in several other ways. Regan summons him unknowingly using a ouija board.

I don't think about demons at all. I mentally confuse them with spirits that haunt a vessel, especially in the case of Pazuzu who was excavated on an archeological dig.

Father Tomas' ho is so needy. I think it would be more realistic if he were more asexual and not a red-blooded het Latin lover.

by Anonymousreply 20October 26, 2020 11:05 AM

The wildlife expert that Father Marcus hooks up with kind of looks like Mark Vicente from the Nxivm cult

by Anonymousreply 21October 27, 2020 4:33 PM

Loved the show. Even posted on Fox’s website to not cancel. Wished Netflix or one of the other streaming networks would have picked it up

by Anonymousreply 22October 27, 2020 4:45 PM

I'm on to Season 2 now. The priests should have gotten to the foster home sooner, there is a lot of waffling about. Ben Daniels is very wiry and sexy this season.

by Anonymousreply 23October 28, 2020 7:02 PM

What an annoying ending. I hate the idea of Father Tomas going off to exorcize with the spicy Latina nun.

by Anonymousreply 24October 29, 2020 4:33 PM

I was shocked by how good it was. I don't think horror really works well in series form, but this and Marianne on Netflix proved me wrong and kept me coming back for more. Considering how bad most of the movie sequels to The Exorcist were, I was really stunned that this was so solid.

by Anonymousreply 25October 29, 2020 6:43 PM

Loved this series, especially season 2 with the hottie Alfonso Herrera. Wish it had been given with more of a shot to succeed and grow an audience.

by Anonymousreply 26October 29, 2020 7:10 PM

A few days ago Ben Daniels was hinting at big news on Instagram. People were hoping for a new season of The Exorcist (as was I, or a new season of Law And Order UK). It was a new production of The Normal Heart at the National Theatre in February. Whilst I’m sure he will be great, it’s also a let down.

by Anonymousreply 27October 30, 2020 1:08 AM

The first season was...

Spoilers!

A great follow-up to the original. A true sequel.

by Anonymousreply 28October 30, 2020 1:46 AM

It was exceptional, and the original movie was, and always will be, a hard act to follow. Still pissed it was cancelled. Agree with poster who said Geena Davis looks like an adult Regan. That observation gives me renewed chills.

by Anonymousreply 29January 31, 2021 12:34 AM

[quote]Do you people really think that demons have to get on a plane to travel?

No, but considering the prologue of the first film of The Exorcist it was sort of implied that Pazuzu was trapped in that amulet Father Merrin found in Iraq and came to America via one of the artifacts on the dig.

by Anonymousreply 30March 22, 2021 2:07 PM

It wasn’t very good. I cannot imagine re-watching it.

by Anonymousreply 31March 22, 2021 2:13 PM

Ben Daniels is gay in real life, partnered since 1993.

I've liked him since he played the mother's boyfriend in Beautiful Thing.

by Anonymousreply 32March 22, 2021 2:19 PM

I watched both seasons on Hulu and then rewatched them again soon after.

I hate that there wasn’t a season 3 and that it left on such a cliffhanger but I’m glad we got what we got.

Ben Daniels was phenomenal as Father Marcus. He helped create Father Marcus’ Bible and ended up buying it when it went on auction after the show was canceled (a pity they couldn’t have just let him keep it in the first place.)

by Anonymousreply 33March 22, 2021 2:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!